PDA

View Full Version : HARKIN: Cheney's Comments Cowardly

BAMAPHIN 22
08-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Vice President Dick Cheney's questioning of John Kerry's war record and his ability to protect America is "cowardly," Sen. Tom Harkin said Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/16/harkin.cheney.ap/index.html

Section126
08-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Vice President Dick Cheney's questioning of John Kerry's war record and his ability to protect America is "cowardly," Sen. Tom Harkin said Monday.

Cheney quoted the Kerry line of "Fighting a more sensitive war on terror." and Harkin calls him a coward.......

This is too funny.....

Scrap
08-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Politicians are all a bunch of little bit@hes. They all act like fools, yet we should vote for them?

PhinPhan1227
08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I love this comment...

"Harkin said he decided to speak out because Republicans have a history of attacking on the issue of patriotism, including questioning the patriotism of former Sen. Max Cleland, who lost both legs and an arm to a grenade in Vietnam."

...for some reason they never remark that the "grenade" was Ameircan, and just lying on the ground when Cleleand picked it up.

Section126
08-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I love this comment...

"Harkin said he decided to speak out because Republicans have a history of attacking on the issue of patriotism, including questioning the patriotism of former Sen. Max Cleland, who lost both legs and an arm to a grenade in Vietnam."

...for some reason they never remark that the "grenade" was Ameircan, and just lying on the ground when Cleleand picked it up.

While drunk too......

PhinPhan1227
08-17-2004, 01:27 PM
While drunk too......

Do you have a link to that? The stories I have read have him losing the arm while en route to set up a Com station near Khe Sahn. Not the result of enemy action, but I doubt he would have been drunk when jumping out of a chopper.

Section126
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you have a link to that? The stories I have read have him losing the arm while en route to set up a Com station near Khe Sahn. Not the result of enemy action, but I doubt he would have been drunk when jumping out of a chopper.

He was with a group of Engineers, in the rear, and was by his words "Careless, and had a few beers...." He thought a grenade that he had picked up was a dud or dummy....The grenade was live and had fallen out of a ammo crate that was at the back of their truck....He picked it up and said that it just went off....

One of the men on the scene described Cleeland as joking around and saying "Oh $HIT....It's a LIVE GRENADE...HAHAHAHAHAHA." Then Boom....

He was attacked on this in his first Senate campaign, His opponent at the time had said that he was drunk.......Cleeland said that he had "had a few Beers, but was not drunk."

He was probably not drunk...but was goofing around while having drank a few beers.....It also happened in the middle of the night......

The circumstances have never been clear...There were only two witnesses to the event and both men are now dead. One of which provided testimony as to a line of inquiry into a court martial.

Penthos
08-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Cheney is a hypocrite, See my new Sig!

ABrownLamp
08-17-2004, 05:24 PM
There have been many, many speeches cited with both Cheney and Bush using the word sensitive in regards to the war.

ohall
08-17-2004, 06:36 PM
There have been many, many speeches cited with both Cheney and Bush using the word sensitive in regards to the war.

And most if not all were pre-9/11.

Oliver...

VJ1252
08-20-2004, 04:23 AM
why do people get so riled up when Kerry said we need a more sensitive war on terrorism? kerry wasnt saying we need to give hugs and teddy bears to terrorists. he was saying we need to fight terror without aliennating and berating our one-time allies

PhinPhan1227
08-20-2004, 05:42 AM
why do people get so riled up when Kerry said we need a more sensitive war on terrorism? kerry wasnt saying we need to give hugs and teddy bears to terrorists. he was saying we need to fight terror without aliennating and berating our one-time allies

Can't be done.

VJ1252
08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
maybe your right but we could have at least tried. this administration certainly didnt

PhinPhan1227
08-20-2004, 04:00 PM
maybe your right but we could have at least tried. this administration certainly didnt

Sure they did. They spent MONTHS trying to get more countries behond us. But when France says "no matter what evidence you produce we won't go along with you", what are you SUPPOSED to do?

ohall
08-20-2004, 04:17 PM

You mean Sen. Tom Harkin who said he flew combat missions over Vietnam, who had to then later retract those comments?

It seems to be a DEM thing. To say you did this and that during the Vietnam War to only have to retract those comments later.

Oliver...