PDA

View Full Version : Kerry to Challenge Bush Troop Plan

BAMAPHIN 22
08-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry is expected to argue Wedesday that President Bush might hinder the war on terror and other aspects of national security with his proposal to recall as many as 70,000 troops from Cold War-era bases in Europe and Asia.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/18/kerry.ap/index.html

PhinPhan1227
08-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Something these figures never account for...the benefit to the local German/Korean economies from having those troops will now be recieved by the Americans around the US bases that they will be relocated to. So some local economies are going to recieve a nice boost, or at least a return to what they had prior to so many troops going to Iraq.

MDFINFAN
08-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Something these figures never account for...the benefit to the local German/Korean economies from having those troops will now be recieved by the Americans around the US bases that they will be relocated to. So some local economies are going to recieve a nice boost, or at least a return to what they had prior to so many troops going to Iraq.

That's called Gov't funded economics.. :roflmao:

PhinPhan1227
08-18-2004, 04:15 PM
That's called Gov't funded economics.. :roflmao:

Actually, that's called...."we're spending the money anyway...why should we spend it to benefit another country when it can benefit us?"

BAMAPHIN 22
08-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Why are we unilaterally withdrawing 12,000 troops from the Korean Peninsula at the very time we are negotiating with North Korea -- a country that really has nuclear weapons?"

PhinPhan1227
08-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Because they serve little purpose other than political cannon fodder. The North Koreans have something like 1 million troops. The South Koreans currently have something like 700k troops. The North Koreans however have an aging military which is now technologically well behind South Korea. What does 12k US troopsdo to swing that balance one way or the other?We'll still have a presence there, so any N Korean attack will still automatically draw the US into the conflict. Isn't it better to have those troops where they are usefull?

ohall
08-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Why are we unilaterally withdrawing 12,000 troops from the Korean Peninsula at the very time we are negotiating with North Korea -- a country that really has nuclear weapons?"

How do you know it is not a part of those negotiations? All I know is S. Korea is more than OK with our plans to move those troops.

And Iraq was a country that had a real nuclear program, it now resides in Syria.

Oliver...

Section126
08-18-2004, 05:00 PM

Unilaterally? I didn't know we needed to ask for permission to move our troops anywhere...of course...that is not your quote...you quoted that utter MORON John F. Kerry.

Section126
08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
ANOTHER FREAKIN FLIP FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Kerry from ABC News interview: "As President I will push for major reductions in troop levels in The Korean Peninsula and Europe perhaps."

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He actually said that a month ago and now says something completely different!!!!!

WHAT AN A-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohall
08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
ANOTHER FREAKIN FLIP FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Kerry from ABC News interview: "As President I will push for major reductions in troop levels in The Korean Peninsula and Europe perhaps."

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He actually said that a month ago and now says something completely different!!!!!

WHAT AN A-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is making it too easy!

Oliver...