PDA

View Full Version : Retiring GOP congressman breaks ranks on Iraq

BAMAPHIN 22
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Breaking ranks with his party and reversing his earlier stance, a senior Republican lawmaker who is retiring said Wednesday the military strike against Iraq was "a mistake," and he blasted a "massive failure" of intelligence before the war.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/18/congressman.iraq/index.html

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow...maybe when John Kerry retires he will say attacking Iraq was a mistake too. But right now, BOTH Presidential candidates are saying it was the right thing to do...so why keep bringing it up?

MDFINFAN
08-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Wow...maybe when John Kerry retires he will say attacking Iraq was a mistake too. But right now, BOTH Presidential candidates are saying it was the right thing to do...so why keep bringing it up?

until you understand the truth, it has to be hammered to some.. :D

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 04:32 PM
until you understand the truth, it has to be hammered to some.. :D

Once again...John Kerry says the invasion was justified, so if you want to have this conversation, vote for Ralph Nader who was against the war.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Once again...John Kerry says the invasion was justified, so if you want to have this conversation, vote for Ralph Nader who was against the war.

Once again, I don't care what JK says, remember, I'm a independent thinker. I'm not approaching this from a political point of view, but from my own assessments. Iraq was a waste of our time.

BAMAPHIN 22
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Both candidates in there right mines would not change their positions on the validity of Iraq's invasion... It would be political suicide.. But from this article it lends credence to our ineffective Intelligence Department...

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Once again, I don't care what JK says, remember, I'm a independent thinker. I'm not approaching this from a political point of view, but from my own assessments. Iraq was a waste of our time.

Great...but what does it have to do with a political discussion when both candidates would have done the same thing? It's a DARNED good thing that you are an independant thinker MD, because apparently you are going to have to vote for Ralph Nader.