PDA

View Full Version : Iran threatens pre-emptive strikes

MDFINFAN
08-19-2004, 04:17 PM
One of the threats we should have gone after instead of Iraq. Yep, our actions in Iraq just brought us all kinds of peace in the region. We are less safe period.

Iran threatens pre-emptive strikes (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10500303%255E2703,00.html)

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Um...ok...so Iran, which hasn't attacked anyone, and which also doesn't have nukes, SHOULD have been attacked and invaded, but Iraq shouldn't? About 20% of Iraq openly opposses our occupation. 100% of Iran would have. Your suggestion shows real strategic genius!

Section126
08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Um...ok...so Iran, which hasn't attacked anyone, and which also doesn't have nukes, SHOULD have been attacked and invaded, but Iraq shouldn't? About 20% of Iraq openly opposses our occupation. 100% of Iran would have. Your suggestion shows real strategic genius!

Actually...The Iranian people at large are much more Pro-American than you think......especially the young people....

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Actually...The Iranian people at large are much more Pro-American than you think......especially the young people....

There's a strong movement to westernize and secularize, which is why I think that Iran will solve itself. But if we had invaded with ZERO provocation, that movement would have gone up in smoke. Saddam was oppressive to most of his people, the Iranian leadership isn't.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2004, 04:56 PM

Excuse me, but did we find any Nuc's in Iraq? The 60% opposes it in secret.

ohall
08-19-2004, 05:39 PM

How could we, the UN delayed for Iraq and they moved all WMD programs to Syria.

Oliver...

iceblizzard69
08-19-2004, 05:41 PM

You beat me to it. I've heard that American movies and music are very popular in Iran and that the youth there doesn't hate America at all. It doesn't mean that they would support an invasion, but 100% of Iran wouldn't be against it.

MDFINFAN
08-19-2004, 05:43 PM
You beat me to it. I've heard that American movies and music are very popular in Iran and that the youth there doesn't hate America at all. It doesn't mean that they would support an invasion, but 100% of Iran wouldn't be against it.

At one point so was Iraqis, now I'm not sure...

PhinPhan1227
08-19-2004, 06:47 PM

Reading skills....didn't I say "which also doesn't have nukes"? I know the writting skills are in the pooper, but you seemed to read ok up till now... :lol:

MDFINFAN
08-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Reading skills....didn't I say "which also doesn't have nukes"? I know the writting skills are in the pooper, but you seemed to read ok up till now... :lol:

Good one, I did kind of jump all over that.. :roflmao:

VJ1252
08-20-2004, 03:31 AM
How could we, the UN delayed for Iraq and they moved all WMD programs to Syria.

Oliver...
riiiiiiiggghhhht