PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dolphins will kick some tail

Iron Man
06-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Our Dolphins will kick some tail this season, count on it. With Ricky carrying the rock and a solid defense we'll make some noise. I especially can't wait to see the Jets get their stomping that they so richly deserve. If only we had someone better then a high school QB. Oh well, you can't have everything.

:monkey: Jets:monkey: Bills:monkey: Patriots

dolphinators13
06-26-2002, 08:59 PM
he is a little better than high school Qb.. not by that much though

Iron Man
06-26-2002, 11:33 PM
I was thinking he was more Pop Warner but okay maybe he's about like a Division 3 college QB. I'm feeling generous so I'll give him that.

dolphinators13
06-27-2002, 06:58 PM
yea.. wasnt he a back up in collage for a while am not sure..

Iron Man
06-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Well he certainly couldn't beat out any of the starters in Minnesota or Jacksonville. I think Jay played end, guard and tackle at Dartmouth. He sat on the "end" of the bench, "guarded" the water bucket and "tackled" anyone who came near it.

dolfan06
06-28-2002, 03:57 AM
He sat on the "end" of the bench, "guarded" the water bucket and "tackled" anyone who came near it. man we used to use that line when i was in hi school!

dolphinators13
06-28-2002, 02:13 PM
yea he couldnt beat any of the starters in min or jac.. bc he is not a qb!

Baz
06-28-2002, 02:22 PM
WTF is the matter with you dolphinators? Who were the QBs in Minnesota and Jacksonville? Mark Brunell and Randall Cunningham, who both made the Probowl each season Jay was there. 3/4 of the QBs in the league right now wouldn't have beaten out those QBs the years Jay was there. You seem to forget that in football, as well as in life, there are intangibles to everything. Just because a guy didn't start doesn't make him bad. Chris Chambers didn't start last year, I guess that means he sucked, right Dolphinators? Once you mature a little and figure out how the game of football works, then maybe you'll understand what everyone here is talking about. Your problem is that you are arguing with people who have been playing football for a few years, or have been watching it for longer than you've been around. Either way, your nonsense and made up statistics may work at your junior high, but the knowledgable people on this board see right through your crap.

dolfan06
06-28-2002, 02:52 PM
35 years here!

Iron Man
06-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Chambers was a rookie last year too and Fiedler is not. There's a difference there....just for the record. Now Chambers is a starter in his second year. The FACT is, Jay Fiedler ranked number 13 out of 31 QBs last year in QB ratings. So there were 12 QBs in the league who were better then Fiedler last year. That IS a FACT that you can't dispute. If Jay is to become a good QB and not just an average QB then he needs to rank in the top 6 or so in the league.

dolfan06
06-28-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Iron Man
Chambers was a rookie last year too and Fiedler is not. There's a difference there....just for the record. Now Chambers is a starter in his second year. The FACT is, Jay Fiedler ranked number 13 out of 31 QBs last year in QB ratings. So there were 12 QBs in the league who were better then Fiedler last year. That IS a FACT that you can't dispute. If Jay is to become a good QB and not just an average QB then he needs to rank in the top 6 or so in the league. that doesn't mean squat! how many times did marino lead the league and we went nowhere. what we need is the rest of the team to step up, although it would be nice, we don't need another marino!;)

dolphinators13
06-28-2002, 08:49 PM
thanks iron man... bmarion is a f*cking dumb ass that doesnt no sh*t...... he thinks a 19int and 20 td passes is a good year... and that fiedler is god.....LETS ALL PRAISE JAY!

The Beach Bum
06-29-2002, 01:30 AM
I think jay is gonna be awesome this year

3W
06-29-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
I think jay is gonna be awesome this year

BAWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 03:14 AM
Yup, 12 were better than him last year.

He was better than 18 though.

Above Average.

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 04:33 AM
When a QB throws 20 tds and 19 interceptions that is an AVERAGE QB not an above average (good) QB or a great QB.

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey, at least you changed you tone a little. You used to say he was the worst in the league, and pop warner material, now you say he is an average quarterback.

Remember, most of the QBs who had all of those great ratings had running games, or at least a run game better than ours.

Lets see

Kurt Warner - Run Game
Rich Gannon - Run Game
Jeff Garcia - Run Game
Brett Favre - Run Game
Steve McNair - Slightly better run game, still was crap though
Tom Brady - Run Game
Donovan McNaab - Slightly better run game
Payton Manning - Run game (1700+ yards combined from Rhodes and James)
Chris Chandler - Better run game than us for sure.
Duante Culpepper - His run game blew, then again, he still had Moss and Carter heh. (They averaged 3 yards a game less than us)
Kordell Stewart - Run game

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 03:19 PM
When you can't run the ball. The defense keys for the pass. I have been in that situation before. IT SUCKS BAAAAD. Everyone knows you are going to be throwing the ball, and it gives them an extra jump to you.

Jay used to throw the ball early, avoiding sacks, but with the limited time he had, lots of his desisions were premature. Meaning, less sacks, and more INTS. About midseason, he decided that he was going to take sacks, and make sure he went through his reads. Meaning, more sacks, less INTs. Then again, that also killed drives.

Jay Fiedler - Above Average.

Baz
06-29-2002, 03:37 PM
I second that Dolfan984. QBs are about half as effective when the defense is keyed in on the pass. The fact that Jay had an 80.3 QB rating despite this fact should erase any doubts anyone has. Even more, Jay has above average, not great, skills, which just shows how good a QB Jay is capable of being.

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Thank you BMarion

Jay is good in many catagories. He is only average in arm strength, and even then he shows flashes of a pretty good arm.

He is above average.

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 04:42 PM
I see the Jay-lovers are out in full force now. He is average no matter how you look at him. Don't try to make him out to be something he isn't. Jay has average stats 20 tds. 19 ints., 2-6 record vs. playoff teams last year (below average) and a very ordinary and average arm so that makes him average at QB and I'm being generous for saying he's average.

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 04:51 PM
The Dolphins were 2-6 against playoff teams last year. We had NO running game and no run D when we played them. Only one game against those teams you can blame on Jay. Even that one is debatable.

iceblizzard69
06-29-2002, 05:59 PM
McNabb had NO running game at all. The best runner on that team is McNabb.

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 07:24 PM
But Jay makes some really dumb decisions in big games. That's the part that eats me. I hope he stops trying to force the ball this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jay will be better in Norv Turners offense.

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 11:22 PM
He does make some really dumb decisions, yes. He did cut down on them though, and I liked what he was doing the 2nd half of the year with no running game.

Now we're getting on the same page :)

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 11:26 PM
I think Jay is average but yes he was better in the final 7 games of the season. The only thing is, he has to pick up where he left off last year. Norv Turner can only help him get better....I hope!!!

Baz
06-30-2002, 01:30 AM
The thing about his dumb decisions, he was only trying to make plays. This is probably a very debatable topic, but I think Jay isn't being given enough credit for trying to do what was missing from the 'Fin's offense last season, and that was big plays. Obviously there were a lot more big plays later in the season, but that was after Jay settled down. What were the 'Fins lacking the first half of the season? Big plays, and Jay was only trying to create that. While the interceptions frustrated me, I appreciate the fact he was trying to get this vanilla offense rolling.

dolfan06
06-30-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
He does make some really dumb decisions, yes. He did cut down on them though, and I liked what he was doing the 2nd half of the year with no running game.

Now we're getting on the same page :) chan called the plays, either he can't call an audible or he can't adlib for ****!

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 02:50 AM
Well I think every Dolphin fan is happy that Chan is long gone. He shackled our offense too much instead of trying to open it up.

dolfan06
06-30-2002, 12:11 PM
chan was a mr vanilla. as many times ashe called for the lob pass, i coulda reached into that TV and strangled the guy!

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Me too, I almost broke my tv last year watching some of the stupid plays that he called.

dolfan06
06-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Iron Man
Me too, I almost broke my tv last year watching some of the stupid plays that he called. the one play that is right up front in my mind was the INT against the jets. jay had gotten a first down and chan called for a friggin pass. why they went for the juggler and not run some time off the clock, i'll never know. the jets have a reputation for coming back against us, why leave time on the clock for them to do so?!:fire:

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 07:58 PM
I think that was the call that almost made me put my foot right through the screen. I was actually physically sick after that game. I didn't know whether to cry or scream.