PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin Guarantees 1500 Yards

BAMAPHIN 22
08-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Other jets news...they are already working on extending Pennington so that he doesnt see the open market after this year.

But seriously 1500 yards? :roflmao:

calmlikeabomb
08-20-2004, 03:43 PM
...If He Gets 1,000 Carries

DALLAS--Cowboys running back Eddie George made a bold prediction Tuesday. The former Tennessee Titan promised to rush for 1,000 yards this year, but the promise had a condition: that he be given 1,000 carries in order to attain it. “Give me 1,000 carries, and I’ll give this team 1,000 yards,” said George confidently. “That’s a promise. You can write that down.”

Coach Bill Parcells indicated that George would not get that many carries this year. “1,000 carries is too much for any one player. We need more balance than that,” he said. “Besides, with the way that guy has been running the past few years, that may not be enough, if you consider how many yards he’s going to lose.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/previous_issue.htm

Gotta love The Brushback.com. :roflmao:

Lights_Out
08-20-2004, 03:55 PM
that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

DolfanDaveInATX
08-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Other jets news...they are already working on extending Pennington so that he doesnt see the open market after this year.

Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Curtis Martin's chances of gaining 1500 yards this season are roughly the same as any of Miami's quarterbacks throwing for 5000 yards this season. :roflmao:

Noodle Arm
08-20-2004, 04:26 PM
What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005 :D

UltraDol-Fan
08-20-2004, 04:41 PM
I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE

UltraDol-Fan
08-20-2004, 04:43 PM
oh yeah, and he would need to be traded to the Ravens so he could play the Brownies twice.

FireWrongstedt
08-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Curtis Martin can suck my piece. As can the Jets.

Brad528
08-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards

KiLLaHx87
08-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Curtis Martin can suck my piece. As can the Jets.
Very classy....... At least some people here are making valid points. Althought 1500 is pushing it, dont count out 1300. He got that last year without having Pennington for a full season.

Icer
08-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Seeing as how he had 1300 yards last year, and mind you had an awful start. I fail to see how this is a joke to you people.

Considering the Jets only had one receiver to throw to either, this year is a different story. I dont see 1500 yards, but to say he'd be lucky to even get close is ridiculous.

The responses in this thread would make more sense if it said "Travis Minor or whoever the Dolphins start this year" instead.

Jets81
08-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Have you guys forgotten who you have at running back...actually, who DO you have a running back?
Of all the areas to talk trash, you guys pick this? Curtis is a lock for 1300 if he stays healthy, 1500 not being out of the realm of possability.

JPhinfan86
08-21-2004, 05:10 AM
I'd rather have Minor than Martin. Thinking long term that is. :roflmao: I truthfully think Minor is an acceptable back, remains to be seen though.

KiLLaHx87
08-21-2004, 05:23 PM
I'd rather have Minor than Martin. Thinking long term that is. :roflmao: I truthfully think Minor is an acceptable back, remains to be seen though. Lol, Minor did show alot of potential in the Jacksonville game huh? Plz dont mention Minor and Martin in the same sentence.

Icer
08-22-2004, 01:04 AM
They can live in there own world, downplaying a back who is 3-4 years away from breaking Emmit Smith's rushing record and for the last 4 years has been hearing "is this the year you start to decline like eddie george?" for there stud out of FSU

JPhinfan86
08-22-2004, 03:40 AM
Plz dont mention Minor and Martin in the same sentence.
Damn you're right. I didn't mean to offend Travis. :chuckle:

KiLLaHx87
08-23-2004, 03:14 AM
Damn you're right. I didn't mean to offend Travis. :chuckle:
yep thats hilarious..................

Jets81
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Curtis "HOF" Martin, or Travis "Minor Leagues" Minor?
Phin front office probably would choose the guy who has great potential to be an average back. This guy (if he's even starting) will be lucky to crack a thousand yards. This thread is a joke.

JPhinfan86
08-23-2004, 11:57 PM
downplaying a back who is 3-4 years away from breaking Emmit Smith's rushing record and for the last 4 years has been hearing "is this the year you start to decline like eddie george?" for there stud out of FSU
I'm not down playing him. I respect him as a person and as a player (his only problem is being a Jet...he'd be better off doing crack). However, I don't know if you've noticed but when the Fins pick up other teams "experienced" guys we don't have very much luck (i.e. Cris Carter, Thurman Thomas). We get them after they've already given everything they've got left. I'm not guaranteeing Minor will kick @ss, but I do think he has potential. So once again, I would take Minor thinking long term.

NYJetsPenny
10-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Just thought I would bump this.

Curtis Martin 107 carries for 502 yards and 4 touchdowns. 4th in the NFL in rushing, and everyone ahead of him has played an extra game.

Great predictions guys. :D :) :D

Icer
10-12-2004, 05:07 PM
:rofl:

Heh

gsjansen
10-18-2004, 02:16 PM
week 6 nfl rushing leaders

RushingYds
1. C. Martin NYJ 613
2. C. Brown TEN 608
3. C. Portis WAS 593
4. D. Staley PIT 582
5. T. Barber NYG 577
:lol:

who said it was tough being green?:goof:

:roflmao:

NYJetsPenny
10-19-2004, 02:48 AM
week 6 nfl rushing leaders

RushingYds
1. C. Martin NYJ 613
2. C. Brown TEN 608
3. C. Portis WAS 593
4. D. Staley PIT 582
5. T. Barber NYG 577
:lol:

who said it was tough being green?:goof:

:roflmao::D :) :D :roflmao:

On the other hand its finally nice to see the Dolphins really hurting at 0-6, we've been there so many times, feel the pain we've felt for oh so many years!

Icer
10-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Martin is on pace for 1960 yards, how you like that bitches?

_dan24
10-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Right NOW he's on pace to rush for 1,900+ yards...

If he can stay healthy he should get 1,500+ no problem....

He had 1,300 last year... Also, he's started all 16 games since 99...

I would be shocked if he didnt make it to 1,500+.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah unless he gets injured he'll get to 1500 easily!

NYJetsPenny
11-02-2004, 01:03 AM
BUMP! :) :) :)

"This is just dumb." -John Madden commenting on the Dolphins prolonging the game losing 41-7. "Just call in the dogs already." :roflmao: :roflmao:

FREEJET
11-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Lamont Jordan might have 1500 yards a season too if he could follow Mawae ***** slapping Z. Thomas every play !!

Icer
11-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Man this is a good thread

NYJetsPenny
11-15-2004, 02:40 PM

But seriously 1500 yards? :roflmao:Curtis is 16 yards away from 1,000 with 7 games left.
Just thought I would point it out for all you bright fins fans. :tongue: :sr23: :vault:

Vinnie Zoom
11-28-2004, 01:36 PM
This post was first brought to my attention back in August. I bookmarked & waited just for this moment. I just registered on this board just to reply to this:

Bamaphin 22-Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Lights Out-that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

DolfanDaveinATX-Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Noodle Arm-What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005

UltraDol-Fan-I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE
oh yeah, and he would need to be traded to the Ravens so he could play the Brownies twice.

FireWrongstedt-Curtis Martin can suck my piece. As can the Jets.

Brad528-I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards

Today, it's November 28, pretty much exactly 3 months after the above messages were first posted. Going into today's games, the 1-9 Miami Dolphins as a team have 849 rushing yards. Curtis Martin, one man, has 1072 rushing yards. He needs to average 72 yards per game over the next 6 games to reach his goal of 1,500 this season. The New York Jets, who BTW are 7-3 & in the thick of the playoff race, beat Miami twice this year. The game at the Meadowlands saw not one, but TWO different backs get 115 yards each. I coulda sworn someone here said Curtis Martin couldn't get 100 on the Miami defense. I could be wrong though... then again, he can be wrong, too.

As a life-long Jets fan, I know better than to talk smack cuz my team hasn't done anything since Super Bowl III. However, that rule changes when it comes to Miami Doplhins fans. I'd talk smack until the cows come home when I deal with this fan base, which for the most part is ignorant. Why are you guys so damn cocky all the time? Do you realize what year it was the last time you won a Super Bowl? It was 1972, a mere 3 years after the Jets won the only championship in franchise history. Besides this season, every year is so predictable for you guys:

1) "Experts" on ESPN, CBS, FOX & SI pick Miami as a Super Bowl contender

2) You guys win your first games of the season during the warm-weather months

3) Experts say you guys are "for real"

4) The cold weather comes, which means you can't throw the ball & you start losing games.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You guys missed the valuable lesson that Jason "They Ain't Comin' Back On Us" Taylor's commentary during the Monday Night Miracle should have taught you: DO NOT TALK SMACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE NEW YORK JETS!!

-Vinnie-

KiLLaHx87
11-28-2004, 05:03 PM
This post was first brought to my attention back in August. I bookmarked & waited just for this moment. I just registered on this board just to reply to this:

Bamaphin 22-Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Lights Out-that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

DolfanDaveinATX-Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Noodle Arm-What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005

UltraDol-Fan-I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE

Brad528-I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards

Today, it's November 28, pretty much exactly 3 months after the above messages were first posted. Going into today's games, the 1-9 Miami Dolphins as a team have 849 rushing yards. Curtis Martin, one man, has 1072 rushing yards. He needs to average 72 yards per game over the next 6 games to reach his goal of 1,500 this season. The New York Jets, who BTW are 7-3 & in the thick of the playoff race, beat Miami twice this year. The game at the Meadowlands saw not one, but TWO different backs get 115 yards each. I coulda sworn someone here said Curtis Martin couldn't get 100 on the Miami defense. I could be wrong though... then again, he can be wrong, too.

As a life-long Jets fan, I know better than to talk smack cuz my team hasn't done anything since Super Bowl III. However, that rule changes when it comes to Miami Doplhins fans. I'd talk smack until the cows come home when I deal with this fan base, which for the most part is ignorant. Why are you guys so damn cocky all the time? Do you realize what year it was the last time you won a Super Bowl? It was 1972, a mere 3 years after the Jets won the only championship in franchise history. Besides this season, every year is so predictable for you guys:

4) The cold weather comes, which means you can't throw the ball & you start losing games.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You guys missed the valuable lesson that Jason "They Ain't Comin' Back On Us" Taylor's commentary during the Monday Night Miracle should have taught you: DO NOT TALK SMACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE NEW YORK JETS!!

-Vinnie-
well said :)

GreenMachine
12-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Curtis now guarentees he will have more yards than all of the Dolphin RBs combined

Vinnie Zoom
12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Curtis Martin needs to average 49.75 rushing yards over the next four games to hit his pre-season goal of 1,500 yards.

-Vinnie-

NYJetsPenny
12-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Bump-a-doddle-do!

Curtis Martin is at 1305 yards, along with 10 TDs. With 4 Games to go. What do you Dolphins fans think now?!?

NYJetsPenny
12-06-2004, 02:42 AM

Lather, rinse, repeat.

-Vinnie-Great post. :D

Icer
12-06-2004, 02:43 AM
LOL! 200 yards to go in 4 games for 1500.

I guess this isnt the worst prediction you guys have made this year though.

I remember seeing threads where over 60% of you guys thought 8-8 w/o Ricky was possible.

How does a big :rofl: feel?

CirclingWagons
12-06-2004, 09:59 AM
LOL! 200 yards to go in 4 games for 1500.

I guess this isnt the worst prediction you guys have made this year though.

I remember seeing threads where over 60% of you guys thought 8-8 w/o Ricky was possible.

How does a big :rofl: feel?
8-8?...these delusional m'fers thought they could still go 10-6 or 11-5 w/o Richard :lol: :shakeno:

NYJetsPenny
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
8-8?...these delusional m'fers thought they could still go 10-6 or 11-5 w/o Richard :lol: :shakeno::lol::lol::lol:

BleedinGreenNC
12-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Curtis Martin's chances of gaining 1500 yards this season are roughly the same as any of Miami's quarterbacks throwing for 5000 yards this season. :roflmao: Very good prediction! Talk to us at the end of the season.

NYJetsPenny
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Bump

NYJetsPenny
12-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Well guys, when I first saw this topic I knew I had to bookmark it for right about now. Curtis promised us 1,500, and GUESS WHAT DOLPHINS FANS. HE GAVE US 1,500!!
Congrats Curtis thanks for ANOTHER stellar season!! GO JETS!!

1,511 yards with 2 games left. I'll keep you guys updated on how he does. :vault: :dedolfan:

Vinnie Zoom
12-19-2004, 09:28 PM
You beat me to the punch, lol. I still can't believe how none of these ignoramuses have had the balls to reply to us over the past couple of months. Now that Curtis is officially past 1,500, let's see if they've got the integrity to admit that they were 100% wrong about our running back & our football team as a whole.

-Vinnie-

Baz
12-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Am I the only one that finds it odd that you all are obsessing over something as small as what a few Miami fans think? You know what? Who cares what anyone thinks about your runningback. I know I sure as hell don't care that most Jets fans think Zach Thomas is overrated. Everyone has an opinion, a lot of them will be opposite of yours. Deal with it......

nyrican
12-20-2004, 10:25 AM
You see what happens when you talk trash in AUG !!!!

CURTIS MY FAVORITE MARTIN !!!!!!!!!!!! leading the league in rushing for
1511 and counting

nyrican
12-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Am I the only one that finds it odd that you all are obsessing over something as small as what a few Miami fans think? You know what? Who cares what anyone thinks about your runningback. I know I sure as hell don't care that most Jets fans think Zach Thomas is overrated. Everyone has an opinion, a lot of them will be opposite of yours. Deal with it......

and looks like you will have to deal with the season that your fins are having
DEAL WITH IT ....

Jwcolour
12-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't see how any fan of any team can talk crap about Curtis Martin, the guy never made a big deal out of anything and quietly amassed this huge total of yards, career and this season alone. I got alot of respect for Curtis. As for the rest of the Jets...they all can eat me, except Quincy Carter cause hes a baller. Moss ain't bad either.

Baz
12-21-2004, 04:05 AM
DEAL WITH IT ....

:rolleyes:

Very mature response......

_dan24
12-23-2004, 02:16 PM

I think you need to eat your words....

arsenal
12-23-2004, 02:45 PM
lol@this thread... talk about reaching for something to be excited about, you guys weren't so confidant in the august replies in this thread... all like

"well hes definately getting 1300, 1500s a lot but cmon guys hes good"

haha now your all like

"i told you 1500, ahahahaha martin is the greatest player ever, marinos a *****"

hindsight is 20/20 indeed...

FinsNYanksFan13
12-25-2004, 12:43 AM
I didn't think Curtis was going to do it (even wrote it in an article for my school paper). Props to him for working hard and making it. I definitely was suprised but he's had a hell of a season!

NYJetsPenny
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
its offical CURTIS WINS THE RUSHING TITLE!!! 1697 YARDS!

FinsNYanksFan13
01-02-2005, 10:01 PM
It's official, Jets will not make the Super Bowl!

KiLLaHx87
01-02-2005, 11:13 PM
It's official, Jets will not make the Super Bowl! its official, The Jets are in the playoffs at least :)

muscle979
01-03-2005, 01:03 AM
its offical CURTIS WINS THE RUSHING TITLE!!! 1697 YARDS!
Very impressive and the only reason the Jets werent' competing with us for a top draft pick.

Icer
01-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Very impressive and the only reason the Jets werent' competing with us for a top draft pick.Sure glad we didnt have a loser like Williams on our team then, if one player makes that much of a difference.

Ah well, props to Curtis

Martel
01-03-2005, 04:46 AM
DEAL WITH IT ....

That may have been the worst response I have ever seen on this board.

muscle979
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Sure glad we didnt have a loser like Williams on our team then, if one player makes that much of a difference.

Ah well, props to Curtis
YOu should be, He was a great back this season, he made all the difference. The team has a good oline and a great back. But to have any chance at excelling in the playoffs the jets will probably have to run martin so much he goes to a nursing home after the super bowl.

BleedinGreenNC
01-09-2005, 04:31 PM

But seriously 1500 yards? :roflmao: Yeah! who would of thought, 1500 yards, he must be crazy:shakeno: :roflmao: Don't you look stupid.

smallguy
01-09-2005, 05:02 PM
What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005 :D
No he can do it in real life too.

smallguy
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM

like BleedinGreenNC said you look dumb now.

FINSBLOW
01-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22

But seriously 1500 yards?

You were saying, Jerkoff?!?

Dolphins are on the clock....hahahahahahahaha

FINSBLOW
01-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22

But seriously 1500 yards?

You were saying, jerkoff?!?

Go and get ready for the draft. You're on the clock.

TerryTate
01-11-2005, 07:48 AM

No name-calling, this is your first and only warning

Brad528
01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards
Yeah i said that but that was before Chester and Bowens got hurt. Either way i will eat crow. Good Job Curtis way to prove all of us haters wrong. I should have never doubted him

Brad528
01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
By the way J-E-T-S suck suck suck

tedee83
01-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Anybody here know where I can buy a Mark Clayton or Mark Duper throwback jersey???????????

NYJetsPenny
01-29-2005, 03:14 AM
BUMP for more laughes!

DeathStar
01-31-2005, 12:10 AM
we have more super bowls than you. so zip it.

Prime
01-31-2005, 12:39 AM

Actually we are not on the clock, the Niners are. So if you are going to say something say it right.

curtisMFmartin
01-31-2005, 02:43 PM
This guy has impressed me from day 1, he is definitely cemented his hall of fame status with a rushing title at the age of 31. and 4th in all time rushing yards. Next year I predict the JEts will be in the playoffs again and at least make it to the AFC champ round(yes thats how confident i am). with a healthy pennington a new offensive coordinator and what they should get another big time reciever prolly at the tight end position they will make themselves known again.