PDA

View Full Version : Bills Running Back

Eric/Hawaii
06-29-2002, 06:09 PM
I usually just lurk on this board to see what's up but felt I had to reply to some of the messages I've read.

I hope the views of the posters on the board are just blowing smoke against the bills fans and don't honestly believe some of the things they are saying about Drew and Travis Henry.

I saw a post that Henry is the worst starting RB in the NFL. How he won't amount to much.
That's funny because Ricky Williams' and Henry's rookie seasons look almost Identical....

Ricky
YEAR TEAM G GS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM
1999 NO 12 12 253 884 3.5 25 2 28 172 6.1 29 0 6

Henry
STATS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM
2001 213 729 3.4 25 4 22 179 8.1 40 0 5

Stats speak for themselves... ( I don't want to see anymore post about Henry's fumbles, Look at Ricky's!)

now about Drew, Here are the numbers on Brady 2001 (who according to some of you is a way better QB) and Drew's numbers for his last full season 2000.

stat--------Brady---Drew
Games------14-------16
fumbles-----11-------9
sacks--------41-------45
Ints----------12-------13
TDs----------18-------17
comp %-----63.9----58.8
rating-------86.5-----77.3
yds/att------6.2-------6.9
rush att/avg-36/1.2---44/3.4

This shows that both QBs are good. Brady played on a better superbowl team than the 2000 team Drew was on.
This myth that drew takes to many sacks and can't run, well I guess that's all shot to hell with these stats.

Please research your facts before post smack
Aloha and good luck this season!
Eric/Hawaii

Billhoff
06-29-2002, 10:02 PM
A------MEN, NUFF SAID!!

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Henry sucks just like the rest of the Bills team. I can't wait to watch the Dolphins defenders knock his frikken block off when they play. Bills finish no better then 5-11 with a washed up Bledsoe who won't even survive the entire season.

BillsMan80
06-29-2002, 11:16 PM
Henry will be a stud...Just wait...Let's talk about that one run Henry had on Miami in Buffalo when he bounced off about 5 Miami tacklers behind the LOS and still gained 20 yards. What a run. You guys didn't exactly stop Henry up in Buffalo.

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 11:32 PM
No but what was the final score huh???? Dolphins kicked your butt and we'll do it again this year. Get out the brooms because we're going to sweep baby!!!!

goobylal
06-30-2002, 12:52 AM
Actually you DIDN'T kick the Bills' butts in that game, and if not for rookie Nate Clements fumbling a KO return in the last minute of the game, the Bills probably would have won it. Needless to say the Bills improved more than Miami did, so a Miami sweep is highly unlikely, especially with the game being in December.

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 02:47 AM
The time of year makes no difference. Miami will sweep the Bills. The biggest reason the Dolphins have had a lot of December swoons is because they had no running game and you have to have a good running game in December because it's harder to throw the ball in colder weather. With Ricky on board and a better o-line, our running game will propel us in December.

goobylal
06-30-2002, 09:14 AM
Let us know when you get that "better O-line." Miami did nothing to upgrade it over the off-season, since Searcy is finished and McKinney is a rookie. We'll see how many times Ricky coughs it up in frigid temps.

iceblizzard69
06-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Henry is the worst starting RB in the league, even Huntley is better!

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 11:29 AM
All I can say is the Bills defense had better buckle their chin straps tight because Ricky is going to be hammering them all day long. You can tell that these Bills fans fear what Ricky is going to do to their defense. And to the airhead who thinks that Miamis o-line isn't going to be better then last year...you don't have a clue. Our line had a lot of injuries last year so we had no continuity. We have Searcy who is healthy, more stability at the left tackle position this year, better depth and oh yeah we have a guy named Jamie Nails who is in the best shape he has ever been in and he just may smash a few of your defenders into the ground. That'll be a joy to see.

BillsMan80
06-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Henry will be a Top 15 back this year. Guaranteed. This guy was better than Jamal Lewis at Tennessee and will be a better Pro. Henry will run all over Larry Chester in the middle...You will not sweep the Bills. Guaranteed.

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 12:15 PM
Hahahaha!! Run all over Larry Chester??? Now that IS funny. Larry Chester bench-presses 680 pounds which means he'll pick Henry up with one arm and stuff him into a worm hole on the field.

BillsMan80
06-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Larry Chester is a Part-Time player...He is no starter in the middle. Ever wonder why Henry is compared to Emmitt? Because he runs exactly like him. He put up admirable stats in 13 games behind a piss-poor Offensive Line. Isn't it going to be fun watching the helpless Fin DLs against Ruben Brown, Mike Williams, and Jonas Jennings...That it will be.

Eric/Hawaii
06-30-2002, 03:18 PM
I thought maybe I would get some intelligent counter debate from the fish fans. I should have known better. instead I get
"were gonna sweep you" or "henry is the worst starting RB in the league".
Oppinions are fine the problem is everyone has some. so if you would like to back up your oppinions with some stats or facts great, if not we can continue with the "my dad can beat up your dad" post.

Aloha Eric

Dolfan984
06-30-2002, 04:44 PM
How can you post stats on how we are going to sweep you?

The only thing I can say is Fiedler is better than Bledsoe. Williams is better than Henry.
We went 11-5, you went 3-13. We swept you last year. That's the only real things I can say. I can get the stats that Fiedler is better than Bledsoe and Williams better than Henry if you want me to.

Eric/Hawaii
06-30-2002, 05:19 PM
Let's look at the 2000 season since it was drew's last full season.
what do you want to compare?
comp %, rating, tds and ints.

here they are.
stat----- drew---------Jay
comp%---58.8--------57.1
tds---------17----------14
ints---------13----------14
rating------77.3--------74.5

so the stats are pretty close but this in no way supports your post that jay is better. If any thing it show Drew is slightly better.

I all ready posted ricky's rookie numbers and Henry's rookie numbers and they are equal. so the true test will be head to head and season totals.

I think drew's numbers will blow away jays this year based on Gilbride's passing offense. Although Norv always has a good offense

I think ricky will have slightly better numbers than travis. I don't think Travis will get all the work that ricky gets due to the depth at RB buffalo has (huntley, Bryson)

Eric

iceblizzard69
06-30-2002, 06:33 PM
That was in 2000, Jay was way better in 2001.

Dolfan984
06-30-2002, 06:39 PM
How about this, we'll do both of their last seasons

here they are.
stat----- drew---------Jay
comp%---58.8--------60.3
tds---------17----------20
ints---------13----------19
rating------77.3--------80.3

Also remember, that was only Jay's 2nd year starting. He has a running game and a much better O Coordinator.

Jay Fiedler is better than Drew Bledsoe.

Dolfan984
06-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Jay will have better numbers than Drew as well.

Eric/Hawaii
06-30-2002, 07:33 PM
and a much better O Coordinator.

based on what.

again you prove lack of knowlege (or your age) by not backing your statements.

you can't compare to different years just because you like the numbers better. Even if you do the numbers are not of statistical significance.
no way jay has better numbers than drew this year!!!
ask anyone other than a fins fan who the better QB is and/or who they'd rather have on their team. You know who the answer will be.

He has a running game
the only thing ricky has proved in miami is that he don't know how to drive.

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Bills fans are just jealous because we have more victories against them then any other team. They have no clue as to what they're saying because they're filled with jealousy.

Eric/Hawaii
06-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Bills fans are just jealous because we have more victories against them then any other team. They have no clue as to what they're saying because they're filled with jealousy.

wow that post was full of facts and stats....

well........... my dad can beat up your dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 08:06 PM
I've already posted plenty of facts and stats you airhead. I had to post a simple statement since you Buffalo fans can't comprehend numbers at all. You don't know anything about the Dolphins so don't even attempt to pretend that you do. Hell, you don't even know anything about the Bills either so you need some training pal.

Eric/Hawaii
06-30-2002, 08:56 PM
I've already posted plenty of facts and stats you airhead. I had to post a simple statement since you Buffalo fans can't comprehend numbers at all. You don't know anything about the Dolphins so don't even attempt to pretend that you do. Hell, you don't even know anything about the Bills either so you need some training pal.

you have not post ONE single stat in this whole thread. Once again this just proves you cannot have a intelligent football conversation with the average fins fan. If your up to task, please enlighten me with all your knowledge and fact/stat filled mind.

By the way calling people names and writing insults does nothing to prove your point.

Aloah Eric

Dolfan984
07-01-2002, 05:07 AM
Norv Turner has been successful wherever he has been.

Last year, he took the 29th ranked offense of 2000, with an aging QB, no receivers, a really really bad O-Line, and a rookie running back, and made them the 11th ranked offense.

If you wanted stats, there is your stats. Jay Fiedler had better stats last year than Drew did his last year of full starting. It will be done again.

Hey, do you want to bet some money? I'll bet that Ricky Williams has more yards than Lamar Smith of last year.

How about a simple 500 dollar bet?

Dolfan984
07-01-2002, 05:10 AM
you can't compare to different years just because you like the numbers better

No man, actually, you did that. I took both of the last years that they started a whole season an compared it. You took Jay's VERY first season as a starter, vs Bledsoe's 8th or whatever it was.
Fiedler has MUCH improved since the 2000-2001 season.

If you don't know that Norv Turner is a better O Coordinator than Chan Gailey, you don't know football.

iceblizzard69
07-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Gailey was one of the worst offensive coordinators in NFL history. Anyone who calls a run up the middle with 50 seconds left in the second half while we are at midfield trying to score before the half is clearly dumb. Gailey was very unoriginal, the opposing defense could tell before the snap if we were running or passing by the setup and which TE was on the field.

Iron Man
07-01-2002, 09:41 AM
First of all Eric/Hawaii, you're just a rookie on this board so don't try to act like you've been places. You need to try to use your pea-sized brain (if you have any at all) and attempt to learn something. And just why are you on a Dolphins message board?? Is it because you're trying to learn something about how a real football team does it??

dolfan06
07-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Eric/Hawaii

wow that post was full of facts and stats....

well........... my dad can beat up your dad!!!!!!!!!!!!! read this, then FOD! http://nflsearch.100megs6.com/tstandings/atall.htm

Eric/Hawaii
07-02-2002, 05:07 PM
even your own fans don't like Jay..........

www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4316 (http://)

Drew is a better QB. Sorry that you guys can't be mature enough to admit that. I totally agree that at this point Ricky is better than Travis Henry. At this point. but only time will tell since this is only henry's 2nd year. and Again his numbers were exactly the same as Ricky's in his rookie season.

iceblizzard69: the comparsion was between Norv turner and Kevin gilbride. not over Gailey, Norv is a much better OC than Gailey

Dolfan984: I compared the 2000 season not the year of their exprience. Jay is hardly a rookie. It might have been his first FULL season of starting but he had started/played in lots of other games.

Iron Man: again your post is reduced to insults and name calling. Again showing that you are the one unable to have an intelligent football conversation.

Aloha Eric

iceblizzard69
07-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Norv is better than Gilbride as well. Norv is the BEST OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in the league. Also, I don't like Jay, but he is better than Bledsoe and he proved it last season, and will do so again this year.

Eric/Hawaii
07-02-2002, 10:35 PM
"best offensive coordinator in the NFL"?????????
What crack you been smoking? I think top ten, yes! best? not!!!!
Gilbride is evey bit as good as turner and probably has a more explosive offense than turners. Norvs offense tends to be a little more conservative. With a power running game that might work well with ricky w. Gilbride loves to challenge the defense deep which sets up the running cause the CBs/Saftys can't cheat up. Which will work well in Buffalo with Drew's gun and Moulds and Price.

One question what's with the
"With the 32nd pick in the 2003 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select: Ken Dorsey, Quarterback, Miami"

wouldn't that mean the fins finish last in the league this year??
I must be missing something!?!?!?

Eric

dolfan06
07-03-2002, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Eric/Hawaii

you have not post ONE single stat in this whole thread. Once again this just proves you cannot have a intelligent football conversation with the average fins fan. If your up to task, please enlighten me with all your knowledge and fact/stat filled mind.

By the way calling people names and writing insults does nothing to prove your point.

Aloah Eric eric does all this cryin about not having facts to back up statements. you give him a stat and he just shines you on!:confused:

Eric/Hawaii
07-03-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm not the one who stated Norv was the "best OC in the NFL" were are his stats.

want the dirty on gilbride here it is .... Explosive offense

Named the Bills offensive coordinator on February 9, 2002… comes to Buffalo with 27 years of coaching experience, including 12 campaigns in the National Football League…of his 12 seasons as an NFL coach, nine have been as an offensive coordinator and two as a head coach…broke into the NFL ranks as quarterbacks coach with the Houston Oilers in 1989 before being elevated to offensive coordinator from 1990-93 and was then promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Offense in 1994…the Oilers ranked first in the NFL in passing yards from 1990 through '93…for four straight years (1990-93), Houston ranked in the NFL's top three in total offense, were in the top five in third down efficiency and first downs and were second overall in scoring over that span…took over as the offensive coordinator of the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars in 1995…in his second season, the Jags offense led the NFL with 259.7 passing yards per game and were #2 in the league in total offense with 360.2 yards per contest; performance helped Jaguars advance to AFC Championship Game in just second year of existence

Aloha Eric

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 06:14 PM
He was hardly a rookie, but it was his first year starting. There is still a huge difference.

Eric/Hawaii
07-03-2002, 09:11 PM
There is a big difference between a rookie and third /fourth year guy starting his first full season. But most QBs do better watching for a few years then starting.

Jay's 2001 numbers were better than Brett Farve's 2000 numbers so I guess Jay is better than Brett also?

Jay was on a team that had no offensive pressure on them. for most games, All he had to do was not "lose" the game. Only time will tell if jay is going to be a "good" NFL qb. Right now he is only average but he has had some bright spots last year "the TD run against Oakland comes to mind."

I think he needs a few more years under his belt before we can compare him to Bledsoe, farve or manning.

Eric

iceblizzard69
07-04-2002, 09:21 AM
He led the league in fourth quarter comebacks. Is that enough pressure for you?

Eric/Hawaii
07-04-2002, 12:14 PM
How many 4th qtr come backs did he have and who was the next closest?????

inFINSible
07-04-2002, 01:10 PM
5...and who cares?

I compared the 2000 season not the year of their exprience. Jay is hardly a rookie. It might have been his first FULL season of starting but he had started/played in lots of other games.

He had started 1 other game.....1....not lots. He had played in 13 games....still not lots. LOTS and ROUGHLY are words used by stat freaks when they can't find numbers to back up their arguments.

OMT....you want stats....here's one for you

Career QB ratings

Jay Fiedler 77.7

Drew Bledsoe 75.9

Aloha.

dolfan06
07-04-2002, 03:48 PM
how did this thread get to QB's, the title is bills runningback?

Baz
07-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Since this is about as subjective an opinion any, let me offer an idea. Eric/Hawaii, there is a thread in the Miami Dolphins main forum called "Triple Threat Bet" or something. I suggest you go and get in on it since you are this confident in Drew. A couple games into the regular season, after both QBs have shaken the rust off from the offseason, then lets continue this little debate....