PDA

View Full Version : Miami vs Buffalo, closer than you think

LetsGoBuffalo
06-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Taking a look at the each teams starters as of now, Miami and Buffalo are pretty close in terms of talent, the main thing that seperates them as of now is that Miami is a more experienced team and Buffalo has a lot of new players, but by the end of the season when Buffalo's players have become comfortable with each other, Buffalo will ultimately pull ahead.

Here is a list of each position and who has the advantage

QB- Buffalo - plain and simple, Bledsoe is better than Fiedler

RB- Miami- when Williams is healthy he is better than Henry

FB- Buffalo - Centers=Pro Bowl

WR- Buffalo -Moulds, Price, Reed is pretty leathal tandem

TE- Buffalo - Riemersma and Moore are both better than Miami TEs

OL- Tie - By seasons end Buffalo's OL will prove to be superior, it just needs time to gel

DL-Miami- One of Miami's stong points and Buffalo's weak

LB-Buffalo- Fletcher, Robinson, Newman just beat out Thomas, Rodgers, Galyon

DB- Miami- this could probe to be a draw by seasons end with Clements and Winfield equally Madison and Surtain

Overall Buffalo and Miami are evenly matched but with Buffalo having a younger team, their overall team's future success seems better than Miami.

minus
06-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Keep smoking that crack..........Must be some strong sh%T...

Starting linebackers....
Thomas,Rodgers,Gaylon

Clement and winfield please that like saying Bledsoe will equal Dan Marino.........

Dolfan984
06-29-2002, 11:00 PM
QB WR and LBs are wrong.

Miami is better at those spots.

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah the Bills look Superbowl bound according to your outlook. Well newsflash Bills fan, the Dolphins are going to kick the crap out of you again this year just like last year. The Dolphins own you and you'll be the annual team that we just love to kick into the ground.

Baz
06-29-2002, 11:09 PM
Your "breakdown" is way to biased. What gives you even the remotest idea that Clements and Winfield could match Sam and Pat? You think just because you have Eric Moulds, that gives you a superior WR corps? Who are your other WRs? What happens if Moulds goes down? You think Peerless Prive could handle being a number 1 reciever? He can barely hold down the number 2 spot. I'd love to know why you think Buffalo has better 'backers. First off, Galyon isn't even a starter, which shows your knowledge on this subject. Zach Thomas is easily the best linebacker in the AFC East. Morlon Greenwood really came on late last season, and Derrick Rodgers has been consistant. Newman and Robinson? Who are they? A couple of no name guys who the Bills picked up. Yes, they are an improvement over what you all had last season, but they are still nothing spectacular. Larry Centers in the probowl? Gimme a break. The duo of Dyer/Konrad easily beat out Centers at this point in his career. Lastly, I'll just say that Drew and Jay are even at this point. A couple years back, Drew was easily better, but not now.

Buffalo will ultimately pull ahead? Buffalo will still be last in the division. Last in the division may sil be 6-10, maybe even 7-9, so Buffalo will definately improve, but I guarantee they will not challenge for the division. Even some of your fellow fans agre with me here, its calle being a realist, not a homer. Clements and Winfield even with Sam and Pat? LMAO I can't believe you actually said that...

Iron Man
06-29-2002, 11:12 PM
The Dolphins CBs are better then the Bills and the Dolphins defense is better then Buffalos. On offense Chambers will be every bit as good as Moulds with a little more experience and with Ricky, our RB situation is better then Buffalos. Our o-line is better also.

Dajesus
06-30-2002, 12:13 AM

DB- Miami- this could probe to be a draw by seasons end with Clements and Winfield equally Madison and Surtain

This is by far the funniest part of your post. Fletcher, Robinson, and Newman can't even compare to Thomas, not to mention you didn't even get our starters correct. Thomas and Rodgers had 260 tackles between them last year, that is more than all 3 of your starters. Didn't Jay throw for 300 yards against this secondary once last year, and over 500 yards+ 4 or 5 tds against those guys. Mind you this is the same Jay Feidler that shouldn't even be a starter if we listened to Bills fans. I will give you that your offense can be more over powering than ours, but keep in mind they have to gel first. Your thrid wr, your 2 starting tackles, and a RB that will get at least 40% of the carries, oh yeah and your QB will be in their first year of an offense that your coach has claimed takes three years to digest. That brings us to your defense. They can't even be mentioned in the same breath as ours from your d-line to your secondary they will fight to be average all season long, while Miami's d has been among the best in the league for 5 or so years.

PS Feidler has a better QB rating than Drew, and Price has done nothing thus far in this league.

IceStorm
06-30-2002, 12:41 AM
I'm continually amazed that any of you Dolphin fans are even acknowledging these people and their baseless comments. Just ignore them like the street peasants they are.

Dolfan54
06-30-2002, 12:44 AM
Your post is so moronic I won't even go into depth on how wrong you are seeing as so many others have beatin me to it. Please explain how your D is comparable when they were ranked 21st and have made no changes that will have the kind of impact to be ranked among the best.

Baz
06-30-2002, 01:22 AM
He just came here to get a rise out of us 'fin fans. At least I hope thats what it was, cuz if he really believed that rubbish he brought here, he may have some deeper issues than lack of football knowledge.

Muck
06-30-2002, 01:32 AM
QB - Buffalo - Jay's a winner and escapes pressure better. But Bledsoe's a prototype gunner.

RB - Miami- Williams is better than Henry any way you look at it.

FB - Buffalo - Centers is awesome

WR - Miami - Miami has 4 proven WRs. Buffalo has 2 and a promising rookie.

TE - Buffalo - Riemersma and Moore easily win out.

OL - Miami - By seasons end, Miami's DEPTH will prove superior.

DL - Miami - Phins dominate this one.

LB - Tie - Zach rules. Bills solid. Greenwood is about to arrive.

DB- Miami- Bills Top 2 CBs are solid. But we've got the Top Tandem, plus the Thorpe Award winner, promising Ray Green, and possibly T-Buck. Brock Marion is better than any safety on Bills roster.

As expected YOU LEFT OUT ST's:

K - Miami - Mare is the NFL's best.

P - Miami - Royals one of the best directional guys around. Even with a knee injury, he equalled Moorman in avg.

FYI - Thomas and Rodgers combined for 262 tackles, but that was in 29 man games (they missed 3 games combined). And Zach had severe neck and shoulder injuries last year. Zach said he was reduced to "grabbing and dragging" last year because of them.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
QB WR and LBs are wrong.

Miami is better at those spots.

Bledsoe made Probowl and has a SB appearance. He may be a has been but Fiedlers is a "never been". Until he does anything you've got nothing on your QB. Even the greatest Dolphin ever (Marino, I know some of you think it's Fiedler) thinks Fiedler is not the guy who will take you to the promise land.

LetsGoBuffalo
06-30-2002, 09:28 AM
I'm back to defend myself. Muck, i like your analysis except I still think that Buffalo's WRs are better and I think you have to at least give OLs a tie for now, but next year Buffalo will have 3 young pro bowl OL men, Brown, Mike Williams, Jennings while Miami will have a bunch of injured old men.

Now for the rest,
BMarion, Larry Centers made the pro bowl last season.

As far as LBs, I have to admit that i wasn't totally sure who Miami's 3rd LB was, Gaylon or Greenwood, and maybe it could have been a tie in that position, but Thomas and Rodgers have been hurt a lot and you have to take that into consideration.

AS for DBs, I said that Miami has the advantage here, but I also think that by the end of the season Winfield and Clements will be just as good as Surtain and Madison. One or both of our CBs will be in the pro bowl.

Looking at those rankings though, you Dolphin fans assume your gonna just slide right by Buffalo this season. But I'm just saying Buffalo has just as much talent as Miami and as soon as all their new players get a good chemistry together, Miami better watch out because nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

iceblizzard69
06-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Why do we need to watch out for a team that we dominate? We will beat the Bills twice again this year.

:monkey: Bills

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2002, 10:25 AM
I think it was like 3 years ago since the nills last beat the mighty dolphins. this rivalry is a little one sided. (please don't bring up the jets) And as for your out look of next year, don't play sports select on nills, dolphin games.

I am a pretty nice guy. LetsGoBuffalo came into our fan site, talked total bullsh*t, and I still help him save so money, wow I am such a super guy. Let's all give me a hand for friendlyness.

LetsGoBuffalo said, "DB- Miami- this could probe to be a draw by seasons end with Clements and Winfield equally Madison and Surtain" all I can say on this one is WoW.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 10:44 AM
You guys are pretty big against a team that was in salary cap hell and rebuilding. Against a team that wasn't , first rd. blowout! For the last 2 years you guys couldn't sellout a playoff game. I wonder if you guys are gonna be consitent and make it 3 years in a row.

Iron Man
06-30-2002, 11:20 AM
All you need to know is that we're going to sweep the Bills again and knock Drew Bledsoe into another world in the process. The Dolphins own the Bills so get use to it. You'd better enjoy being in the cellar in the AFC East because the Bills will be residing there for years.

Muck
06-30-2002, 12:27 PM
FYI - We did sellout those playoff games. Just not by the Thursday deadline imposed by the league.

Muck
06-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Also, I DO NOT feel that the Bills will be an easy match this year. They will be tough.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 12:36 PM
Muck why is it you have a sense of humor and make sense (sometimes,lol) and other finfans don't? Muck and other finfans go to BBI and you don't see me getting personal with them. It all in good fun. Don't let it get to you.

Muck , I was there. The stadium was half filled.

VanDolPhan
06-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by justafan
You guys are pretty big against a team that was in salary cap hell and rebuilding. Against a team that wasn't , first rd. blowout! For the last 2 years you guys couldn't sellout a playoff game. I wonder if you guys are gonna be consitent and make it 3 years in a row.

Bledsoe made Probowl and has a SB appearance. He may be a has been but Fiedlers is a "never been". Until he does anything you've got nothing on your QB. Even the greatest Dolphin ever (Marino, I know some of you think it's Fiedler) thinks Fiedler is not the guy who will take you to the promise land.

Nothing but excuses. Until your team goes out and DOES something you have no right to talk about us. How many sellouts did the Bills have this year? Sorry no response needed as it's just an EXCUSE. That's all the Bills organazation has been in it's entire history. Nothing but a sorry excuse for an NFL team. At this rate the Bengals will be more respectable as an organization soon.

Oh by the way Fielder had better #'s last year then Bledsoe has had in years. Talking about Bledsoe's probowl and Superbowl appearance doesn't mean jack squat since it never happened as a Bill and was so long ago. All that matters in the NFL is the present. Live in the past and get left behind.

Oh and by the way it was only one playoff game. The indy game sold out by kickoff. It just didn't make the blackoff cutoff time. (not sure about the other one) Not to mention, but when was the last time the phins didn't sell out a regular season game? Where is the Buffalo baseball team or basketball team or high profile college teams that share your market?

Get it through your heads guys. Bills fans who talk smack against the clearly better teams only make themselves look like jealous pathetic fanboi's.

dolfan06
06-30-2002, 12:42 PM
its only natural for a bills fan to hate the fins. the fins have more wins against the bills than any other team. i just don't know why they set themselves up for a big let down every year by projecting a big buffalo win. law of averages point against it!

LetsGoBuffalo
06-30-2002, 12:49 PM
Let me tell you, Bills fans stick by their team win or lose, so that is why we talk trash whether we're 3-13 or 13-3. That is what makes us such good fans. You Dolphin fans are fairweather fans, no wait, your not even fairweather fans because you can't even sell out a playoff game. Let me just tell you Buffalo's website has 2,746 members. Miami's site has 690. I'll leave it at that.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 12:50 PM
It's only natural for the fins to hate the bills. Shula couldn't beat Marv Levy and Marino Couldn't beat Kelly.

Both Shula and Marino have losing records against their bills counterparts.

On the personal side, Shula is a great man . I worked for the guy.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo
Let me tell you, Bills fans stick by their team win or lose, so that is why we talk trash whether we're 3-13 or 13-3. That is what makes us such good fans. You Dolphin fans are fairweather fans, no wait, your not even fairweather fans because you can't even sell out a playoff game. Let me just tell you Buffalo's website has 2,746 members. Miami's site has 690. I'll leave it at that.

I have to give it to Dolfan06. This site is going to grow. More power to this site. As much as we bills fans come over a talk trash, don't let it get to you. Trash talk is just part of it.

letsgobuffalo, let me correct you.........690 members during regular season and 90 members come playoff time. lol,jk

ohall
06-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo
Taking a look at the each teams starters as of now, Miami and Buffalo are pretty close in terms of talent, the main thing that seperates them as of now is that Miami is a more experienced team and Buffalo has a lot of new players, but by the end of the season when Buffalo's players have become comfortable with each other, Buffalo will ultimately pull ahead.

QB- Buffalo - plain and simple, Bledsoe is better than Fiedler

RB- Miami- when Williams is healthy he is better than Henry

FB- Buffalo - Centers=Pro Bowl

TE- Buffalo - Riemersma and Moore are both better than Miami TEs

OL- Tie - By seasons end Buffalo's OL will prove to be superior, it just needs time to gel

Overall Buffalo and Miami are evenly matched but with Buffalo having a younger team, their overall team's future success seems better than Miami.

... of who is actually on our team I'll comment, this post was a JOKE!

Oliver...

ohall
06-30-2002, 01:22 PM

... it's simply amazing to me how so many Jet and Bill fans sound like so many of our supposed anti-Jay Dolphin posters. Simply amazing!

Oliver...

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 01:36 PM
I'm just stating the obvious Oliver. Until Fiedler has actually achieved anything, he's fair game. If he is such a great QB then why is it half of finlandia want to vote him off the island?

THATHURMANATOR
06-30-2002, 02:25 PM
"QB - Buffalo - Jay's a winner and escapes pressure better. But Bledsoe's a prototype gunner.

DB- Miami- Bills Top 2 CBs are solid. But we've got the Top Tandem, plus the Thorpe Award winner, promising Ray Green, and possibly T-Buck. Brock Marion is better than any safety on Bills roster.

P - Miami - Royals one of the best directional guys around. Even with a knee injury, he equalled Moorman in avg.

FYI - Thomas and Rodgers combined for 262 tackles, but that was in 29 man games (they missed 3 games combined). And Zach had severe neck and shoulder injuries last year. Zach said he was reduced to "grabbing and dragging" last year because of them."

Not a bad breakdown Muck, and it really isn't much diffirent then the beginning thread but you aren't going to see me sit here and write "You are crazy" or "I am not even going to respond to this nonsense" because it was an honest assesment from your prospective of how things will break down. I wonder why more of you on this site can't see that.

VanDolPhan
06-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Not a bad breakdown Muck, and it really isn't much diffirent then the beginning thread but you aren't going to see me sit here and write "You are crazy" or "I am not even going to respond to this nonsense" because it was an honest assesment from your prospective of how things will break down. I wonder why more of you on this site can't see that.

Yes but the original poster is clearly off his rocker with some of it.

-"DB- Miami- this could probe to be a draw by seasons end with Clements and Winfield equally Madison and Surtain"

That statement would draw hilarious laughter from any non Bills fan. It would be like us comparing Gadsden to Moulds. Gadsden is solid but he is no Moulds.

Also making statements based on rookies doesn't help peoples causes. Sure Mike Williams could make a solid offensive linemen. Or he could be out of the league in 3 years. Just because someone is drafted in the top 10 doesn't mean they will stick around and be good. It's going to take some real games to determine that.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Just because someone is drafted in the top 10 doesn't mean they will stick around and be good. It's going to take some real games to determine that.

Based on the remark (w/c to a certain extent is true) why do some Finfans think that Chambers is going to be great? Was he even drafted w/in the top 10.

dolfan87
06-30-2002, 03:08 PM
justafan, please don't tell me you think Chambers was drafted this season.

He played 16 real games last year, and was a major reason you lost two games to us last year.

Chambers has proven himself, Williams hasn't

Miamian
06-30-2002, 03:36 PM
It's too bad that the all the great Dolphin fans get to these threads before I do. I could only reiterate. I hardly get a chance to Bill-bash:cry:

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 03:38 PM
You guys better try harder because you're not doing that great of a job. Against a bills fan who hardly knows anything about football. Me . :D hehe.

IceStorm
06-30-2002, 04:09 PM
I'm laughing all all of this stupidity.

Ok, lets break it down from the first point.
This is a Miami Dolphins message forum. This is not a forum for all NFL teams.
Yet, there are bills fans here. Hmmmm, I'm guessing they're one jello cube short of a school lunch.

Justasportsfan
06-30-2002, 04:40 PM
sorry Ice. Last I checked this was a Dolphin forum. You're not scared of a little bit of rival talk are you? What happens if this board was limited to finfans? Ya'll gonna hold hands and sing Kumbaya? I don't hink I've broken any TOS. Have I?

Predaphin
06-30-2002, 04:57 PM

QB- Miami - plain and simple, Fiedler has a better winning % than Bledsoe.

RB- Miami- when Williams is healthy he is better than Henry and also when hes not healthy.

FB- Tie - Centers and Konrad & Dyer (Combo)

TE- Buffalo - Riemersma is better than Miami TEs

LB-Miami- Fletcher, Robinson, Newman are no match to Thomas, Rodgers, Greenwood.

DB- Miami- The best tandem in the NFL.....Period.

Overall Buffalo and Miami are unevenly matched but with Buffalo having a younger team and coming off a 3-13 season, they will probably get swept by the dolphins again.

Muck
06-30-2002, 06:05 PM
Muck , I was there. The stadium was half filled.

Are you talking about the Ravens game?? All I know is that the paid attendance was a sellout. Now whether or not everyone showed up......that's a different story.

Dajesus
06-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Bill's fans can yuck it up as much as they want for the dominance in the early '90s, but don't even begin to comment about attendance. I lived in Buffalo while in school, so if you want to talk about not selling out playoff games then why don't we talk about how no one in Buffalo saw the greatest comeback in NFL history. You guys remember when you came back from 42-7 against Houston in a wild card game that wasn't sold out so it was blacked out. Or why don't we talk about the 6 times in my 3 years at school that I could only watch 1 NFC game all day because the Bills couldn't sell out their regular season games, in a stadium that holds 10,000 less people than pro player.

Dajesus
06-30-2002, 06:31 PM
I love how Bill's fans love to speculate that all these young guys on their team will soon be pro bowlers, and that vetreans that have seen better days will regroup and go back to the pro bowl. Bottom line is your secondary was god awfull last year along with your run defense. Moulds had a sub par year, but i think he will pick it up again this year(if he stops whinning.) Price has done nothing so far in the NFL to make anyone notice, and Reed will likely beet him out by mid season. Bledsoe has done absolutely nothing the past 3 years except lose his job to a second year Feilder/Dilfer clone, a awesome mid 70s passing rating will atest to that. Henry didn't even make enough heads turn in Buffalo, to stop them from signing another unwanted FA back in Huntley. Williams and Thomas will most likely upgrade a horrible o-line, but how much? Thomas wasn't very sought after this offseason, and Williams who I personally think will turn out to be good needs a year or so to adjust to the NFL, but then again he could be the next Mandarich. The point is right now Miami has more proven talent with 3 members of its secondary making at least 1 of the past 2 pro bowls, 1 on the d-line, and another from the LBS. Not to mention the D has been very solid for 5 years running. On offense the big difference is guy that gained 1700 yards last season out of the backfeild, and a QB that has won 22 of his first 31 reg season games.

Baz
07-01-2002, 12:33 AM
LetsGoBuffalo, let me apologize for being a bit harsh before. I thought you were joking at first, know that I realize that was your honest opinion, I'll respond a bit intelligently.

FB-Yes, Centers is an awesome player, but how long can a running back in his mi-30's(is he that old?) take the punishment?Besides, he isn't exactly known for his blocking. Konrad is poised to have a career season in Norv's offense, and Dyer is a blocking machine. Granted, it takes this duo to beat Centers, but they will both recieve significant playing time, so in essence they are both starters.

WR-The Bills have Moulds, but which other proven playmakers do they have at the WR position? Don't go and say Reed, because he could either be a Randy Moss, or he could be a Yatil Green. Prive has proven to be nothing more than good enough. Gadsden isn't spectacular, but he gets the first downs, and is deadly in the redzone. Chambers can single-handedly take over a game(much like Moulds), I'm sure you Buffalo fans can attest to that. McKnight and Ward, who were starters before, now are probably back-ups. Thats 3 proven dependable WRs, and one who is most probably one, we will see in his sophomre season.

LB-Robinson and Newman? I can compare Robinson to Rodgers, not spectacular, but are steady and dependable. Where the Dolphins have the edge is with Zach Thomas over Fletcher, and Morlon Greenwood just as good as Newman, if not better.

DB-No offense, but do you seriously think Winfield and Clement can be that good? Want to know how good Sam and Pat are? Look at the passing stats from the first game against you uys and the Colts. No Sam in those games. Now look at the 2nd game against those 2 teams. Could Winfield and Clements make Eric Moulds and Marvin Harrison that invisable? COuld they control Peyton Manning the same way Sam and Pat did? Look at the passing stats from your 2 games against him. I think that should suffice.

Iron Man
07-01-2002, 12:35 AM
The Dolphins CBs are one of the top two CB tandems in the entire league and Buffalos tandem IS NOT #1.

stan marino
07-01-2002, 05:07 AM
buffalo's defensive line will make our defensive line look good. i think u guys need to compare the units that will actually face each other. we will run all over them and we will have to worry about moulds(again) bledsoe might not be mobile enough to evade the rush so he will be sacked. with 4proven recievers against two pretty good corners i think that gives us the edge. who r the bills safeties anyway? centers out of the backfield will be a piss off...there running game will probably be relatively successful but not enough i think this equals a sweep again to me. they r young with a bright future but they dont have the depth we do.

Slaine
07-01-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Muck
QB - Buffalo - Jay's a winner and escapes pressure better. But Bledsoe's a prototype gunner.

FYI - Thomas and Rodgers combined for 262 tackles, but that was in 29 man games (they missed 3 games combined). And Zach had severe neck and shoulder injuries last year. Zach said he was reduced to "grabbing and dragging" last year because of them.

Muck - good write up. The only area I disagree on is the WRs. Peerless Price and Eric Moulds are a damn good tandem. Chambers is pretty darn special and will only improve - the downside is that the supporting cast isn't much more than that. Take away Chambers (if possible) and you don't have any gamebreakers.

James McKnight recpts : 55 yards: 684 Avge :12.4 Long : 40 TD : 3
Oronde Gadsden recpts : 55 yards: 674 Avge :12.3 Long : 61 TD : 3

You won't see many teams scared of that. They are safe and dependable but not the people to stretch the field. The Bills have Riemersma providing that sort of production and the two front line guys both @ 900 yards. And that was with Alex Van Pelt! With Bledsoe doing the throwing I'd look for increased production all round and with Reed thrown into the mix (4.3 speed) this could be a very dangerous offense.

The key is whether Mike Williams can be the bookend that they want him to be. If he turns into another Mandarich then it's all over for the Bills as Bledsoe will get hurt. If he's anywhere near as good as they think he'll be then Buffalo will be scaring some people this year....if they can stop teams running on them. It's going to be fun watching the offense but the Bills will go 5-11/7-9 this year just because they won't be able to stop a power running game.

LetsGoBuffalo
07-01-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm back to say a little more.
Slaine, good honest post, I agree with a lot of what you say.

BMarion31, Winfield and Clements will have as much talent as Surtain and Madison, its just that Surtain and Madison will look much better because they will actually have a decent pass rush to make their jobs easier.

I'm not saying that Buffalo will be better than Miami this season, I expect 8-8 or 9-7, but I think Miami will overlook them and Buffalo will win at least one of the games against them. However, next season will be a different story as I have Super Bowl expectations for the Bills and I guarantee they sweep the Fish.

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 09:54 AM
"Bill's fans can yuck it up as much as they want for the dominance in the early '90s, but don't even begin to comment about attendance. I lived in Buffalo while in school, so if you want to talk about not selling out playoff games then why don't we talk about how no one in Buffalo saw the greatest comeback in NFL history. You guys remember when you came back from 42-7 against Houston in a wild card game that wasn't sold out so it was blacked out. Or why don't we talk about the 6 times in my 3 years at school that I could only watch 1 NFC game all day because the Bills couldn't sell out their regular season games, in a stadium that holds 10,000 less people than pro player."

Way wrong here. That was the first game I ever attended and it was a sellout for sure(just not in time for the blackout deadline on Thursdays at 1pm) The game was packed and after the Bills started coming back people from the thruway started coming in cuz even the ticket takers went in to watch the game. It was by far the most packed game I have ever been to. I would estmate there were close to 90,000 by the games end. It was like a sardine can in there. So please leave your bogus comments at the door.

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 09:59 AM
"in a stadium that holds 10,000 less people than pro player."

I never knew that Pro player held 86,000 people because the Ralph holds around 76,000 now. It used to hold 80,000 plus before the renovations and was the second largest stadium seat wise in the league behind the silver dome.

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Our attendance for the Miami game in buffalo was 73,063 and yours for the Bills game in Miami 73,428 so as you can see our stadiums hold the same amount really.

phins054
07-01-2002, 11:29 AM
I've actually gone numb from this thread...:goof:

Baz
07-01-2002, 12:27 PM
LetsGoBuffalo, isn't a little premature to say the Bills will make it to the Superbowl and sweep the 'Fins next season? You have no idea what either team will look like. For all you know, Bledsoe might retire due to injury next season, or a couple key free agents get better deals elsewhere. On that same note, Miami may find the next Marino in next years draft, and Williams may become the beast that he was hyped to be before he was drafted. To say right now that Buffalo will win the Superbowl in 2 years, is totally idiotic, no offense. Lets have this same discussion at this time next season, we will have a better feel for the teams at that time.

Sherif
07-01-2002, 12:36 PM
I agree that Buffalo has Miami beat at QB and WR. Other than that you make alot of biased assumptions. I think Buffalo is the most improved this year.

Dajesus
07-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Way wrong here. That was the first game I ever attended and it was a sellout for sure(just not in time for the blackout deadline on Thursdays at 1pm) The game was packed and after the Bills started coming back people from the thruway started coming in cuz even the ticket takers went in to watch the game. It was by far the most packed game I have ever been to. I would estmate there were close to 90,000 by the games end. It was like a sardine can in there. So please leave your bogus comments at the door. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly my freind just as Miami's 2 playoff games were sold out, but not in time for the thursday deadline. I can't speak on the Ravens game, because i didn't go, but the Colts playoff game that was blacked out had 76,000 by kick off. the point is Buffalo can't make cracks about the Dolphins not selling out a wild card game in time since your team has done the same thing. My bad about the attendence I have been to your stadium twice and really thought the max capacity was 66,000. Were you one of the die hards that left at half time and then faught your way back in?

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 02:12 PM
"Exactly my freind just as Miami's 2 playoff games were sold out, but not in time for the thursday deadline. I can't speak on the Ravens game, because i didn't go, but the Colts playoff game that was blacked out had 76,000 by kick off. the point is Buffalo can't make cracks about the Dolphins not selling out a wild card game in time since your team has done the same thing. My bad about the attendence I have been to your stadium twice and really thought the max capacity was 66,000. Were you one of the die hards that left at half time and then faught your way back in?"

I will agree with you on some of these points and the whole sellout thing is probably a bad arguement because any team that is 3-13 is going to have a hard time selling out games. I actually didn't leave the game. I was like in 8th or 9th grade at the time and I went with my buddy and his dad. My buddies dad was so mad at half time he almost wanted to leave but since it was my first game so we stayed and it was the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life!!!

Dajesus
07-01-2002, 03:37 PM
I wasn't talking about last year, but anyway you got my point. I just think the whole black out thing in the wild card round is crazy. The tickets go on sale on Tuesday(sometimes monday) and the game has to be sold out by thursday. Thats 3 days to sell 70,000 tickets durring the work week. Traditionaly 2 of the 4 games in the wild card round our blacked out. It may be easy for teams that rarely make the playoffs like the Cardnals or Saints, but if your a team that makes the playoffs year in and year out the excitement isn't the same. It also doesn't help when you lose 3 of your last 4 games before. I would bet my new car that if Miami can seal up a first round bye this year, the game would sell out in a matter of hours.

Billhoff
07-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by minus
Keep smoking that crack..........Must be some strong sh%T...

Starting linebackers....
Thomas,Rodgers,Gaylon

Clement and winfield please that like saying Bledsoe will equal Dan Marino......... Thomas= overated stump! Rodgers pfffft!.....and is GAY--lon...WHO? Is that his first or last name

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Seriously Billhoff how can they say that thomas rodgers and Gaylon are better than Fletcher, Newman, and Robinson???

THATHURMANATOR
07-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Here are the number of total tackles taken right from the espn website.

Gaylon 12
rodgers 66
thomas 155
TT- 243

Fletcher 119
Robinson 69
Newman 83
TT-271

So tell me why you guys have such an overwelming edge at LB.

Billhoff
07-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Iron Man
The Dolphins CBs are better then the Bills and the Dolphins defense is better then Buffalos. On offense Chambers will be every bit as good as Moulds with a little more experience and with Ricky, our RB situation is better then Buffalos. Our o-line is better also. Your o-line sucks. Marcus spriggs? Jamie Nails? Aren`t they Bill rejects!! and Brent smith and DICson goodluck with those stiffs!They couldn`t block a doorway between them. and another thing we almost beat you with the worst o-line and the worst QB in the league last year .Rob Johnson! Think about it! :D

phins054
07-01-2002, 05:45 PM

Gaylon 12
rodgers 66
thomas 155
TT- 243

Fletcher 119
Robinson 69
Newman 83
TT-271

Sorry Thurm, but Scott GalYON is a backup LB and mostly plays on ST. Greenwood I believe was the starting LB. I would not say we have a big edge, BUT since you seem to want to go by the #'s, You'd have to agree that Thomas is the best LB in the division. I am also curious to see what the tackle total would be if Thomas Greenwood and Rodgers are added together?

The Beach Bum
07-01-2002, 05:52 PM
There is no proof that bledsoe will do good in Buffalo. Jay has prooved his point in the Sunshine state and sometimes, QB's go from 1st to 32nd when they change teams. Unlike running backs ;)

iceblizzard69
07-01-2002, 08:12 PM
Greenwood really stepped it up at the end of last season, Thomas is way better than Fletcher, and Rodgers is better than Robinson. Rodgers got injured in the middle of the season, and Greenwood didn't play well until December. He will be great in this his second year.

Dajesus
07-01-2002, 09:25 PM

Gaylon 12
rodgers 66
thomas 155
TT- 243

Fletcher 119
Robinson 69
Newman 83
TT-271

For the last time GAYLON WAS NOT OUR STARTER! Besides that your numbers are off, way off. Taken from MiamiDolphins.com here are the stats of our STARTING LBs:

Thomas 180
Rodgers 82
Greenwood 70
TT 332

But good try here is link if you doubt my numbers http://www.miamidolphins.com/pdffiles/postseasondefensivestats.pdf

Also keep in mind that between the 3 they missed about 8 games and still had 60 more tackles than your 3.

Billhoff
07-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Iron Man
The Dolphins CBs are better then the Bills and the Dolphins defense is better then Buffalos. On offense Chambers will be every bit as good as Moulds with a little more experience and with Ricky, our RB situation is better then Buffalos. Our o-line is better also. The stinkfish de-line is better then the bills ....AND THATS IT! PERIOD

Billhoff
07-01-2002, 10:03 PM
sorry Ice. Last I checked this was a Dolphin forum. You're not scared of a little bit of rival talk are you? What happens if this board was limited to finfans? Ya'll gonna hold hands and sing Kumbaya? I don't hink I've broken any TOS. Have I? First thing I noticed in this forum was all the thin skin around here ,Easy to get them on the ropes,just havin fun wicth y`all, don`t take it personal I hardly no-ya!;) ;)

dolfan87
07-01-2002, 10:51 PM
See Billhoff, your the exact reason why a lot of Phin fans bitch about Bills fans. Our D line, corners, linebackers, and RB, are all superior to the Bills.

This is why we go 11-5, and you go 3-13.

You don't have a foot to stand on until your TEAM actually goes out and proves you right. We have been 11-5 two years in a row, and that was with Lamar Smith running the ball. That was with us missing most of our O line, that was without Dayrl Gardener for half of each year, and Zach Thomas playing with a neck injury.

When your TEAM can actually defeat the Dolphins, then we'll talk...as for now, I think it has been what...5-6 games straight we have whipped you? In fact in 2000, and 2001, the two best ass whippings we have handed out were to your Bills, in Orchard.

So blow it out your ass, and I am moving this to smack.

Dajesus
07-02-2002, 12:08 AM
See that was a shame, Thurmanator was holding a good conversation only to have it ruined by a another brilliant Bill's fan.

TigerJ
07-02-2002, 12:53 AM
I don't put a lot of stock in a position by position comparison at this point in time. Since the Dolphins are a more mature and settled team I would expect them to come out ahead such an exercize. The best that can be done is mybe a position by position description rather than a rating.

Bledsoe and Fiedler: Bledsoe had great success early in his career but fell on tough times. The debate is over whether his declining productivity is due to circumstances in NE or problems of his own making. If it's the former, he has a great chance to come back and recover his early career magic. Fiedler's career started slowly as he was an unheralded rookie and a backup. He has overcome criticism about his talent level to become a productive QB who wins games. If you go by recent productivity Fiedler wins. If you go by the talent each was judged to have possessed coming out of college Bledsoe wins. So which is the more valid way to judge? How can you prove which one is the better criteria?

Look at the offensive line. I haven't looked at Miami's line that closely, but I gather overall it has more experience than Buffalo's. Several of Miami's linemen are coming back from injury or acquired as free agents from other teams. Buffalo lost their most experienced lineman last year, which in the opinion of most Bills fans was addition by subtraction (getting better by getting rid of a weak link). They start a heralded rookie and a second year player Their guards have the only extensive experience. On paper it looks like Miami, due to experience may gel more quickly, but do we really know that. Neither team has a proven line that returns intact from the prior year. It will ultimately be up the players and O-line coach to determine how quickly things come together.

O well my son is nagging me to get off the computer so he can get on. I think Buffalo fans and Miami fans can both try to compare their teams this coming year with last year with far mor valid results that to try going head to head. See you later.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2002, 02:30 AM
"Sorry Thurm, but Scott GalYON is a backup LB and mostly plays on ST. Greenwood I believe was the starting LB. I would not say we have a big edge, BUT since you seem to want to go by the #'s, You'd have to agree that Thomas is the best LB in the division. I am also curious to see what the tackle total would be if Thomas Greenwood and Rodgers are added together"

Oh I thought I saw a phin fan say that gaylon was the starter. I will give thomas his props as the best in the division, but our 3 overall are just as good as thomas and your other two.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2002, 02:34 AM
"For the last time GAYLON WAS NOT OUR STARTER! Besides that your numbers are off, way off. Taken from MiamiDolphins.com here are the stats of our STARTING LBs:"

Sorry I got the numbers right from espn.com so I am hoping they had the correct info. I would have to check the bills site to see if our backers had more tackles too. No matter how you stack it there is no way that you are better at LB. I would call it an even draw. I will most definitly give you dline, and safeties. You can also have corners but you must recognize the young talent we have in Winfield and Clements.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Great points Tiger and as you phins fans can now see we make valid points over here. We are not just running our mouths. I will when necessary but I try to make points first.

Dajesus
07-02-2002, 04:30 AM
I still will not give an inch on our LBs since they totaled 60 more tackles, and missed a lot of games, and Greenwood missed all of training camp and the first 2 games so it was trial by fire for him. I would say the OLBs are very close, but Thomas being among the top 3 MLBs in the NFL pushes our core over the top. Last season was my first full football season away from Buffalo so I didn't see Winfeild and Clements enough to really give a good opinon, but they didn't show me anything while letting Jay Feidler look like Dan Marino in the 2 games last year. I will give them credit for not having a pass rush; thus, making it harder to stay in coverage. The only problem with that is Buffalo didn't do anything this off season to make me think their pass rush will be that much better. I will give them some bennifit of the doubt though because Madison and Surtain didn't trully blossom until their 3rd season, so there is reason for Buffalo fans to hope. Again on the other end your safetys are pretty bad, so the lack of support deep will stunt their growth. Your d-line is in need of a pass rusher off the edge, but Patt Williams apears to have all the talent to be a great run stuffer if he can come back from injury, but untill Buffalo finds a dominate DE, their LBs and secondary will have trouble stepping it up. I will say your offense will be much better, but thats not saying to much since they were god awful last year. I think they will be able to take some of the preasure off your D giving them more of a chance.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2002, 10:29 AM
"but they didn't show me anything while letting Jay Feidler look like Dan Marino in the 2 games last year."

That was Ken Irvin getting burned by Chambers last year. Winfield and Clements are young, fast, and two of the hardest hitting corners I have seen in some time. You wouldn't think a little guy like winfield could hit so hard but he does.

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Very true also we need some pass rush. Schobel showed some really good promise last season and we drafted another DE in the second round named Ryan Denney who is a schobel clone. I still hold out hope that Flowers will finally come into his own instead of being one of our biggest first round busts ever. Big Pat was on the verge of the Pro bowl last year until he was injured. All in all the group is very young and has a lot of promise but I wish they would bring in at least one more veteran.

3W
07-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dajesus
I still will not give an inch on our LBs since they totaled 60 more tackles, and missed a lot of games, and Greenwood missed all of training camp and the first 2 games so it was trial by fire for him. I would say the OLBs are very close, but Thomas being among the top 3 MLBs in the NFL pushes our core over the top. Last season was my first full football season away from Buffalo so I didn't see Winfeild and Clements enough to really give a good opinon, but they didn't show me anything while letting Jay Feidler look like Dan Marino in the 2 games last year. I will give them credit for not having a pass rush; thus, making it harder to stay in coverage. The only problem with that is Buffalo didn't do anything this off season to make me think their pass rush will be that much better. I will give them some bennifit of the doubt though because Madison and Surtain didn't trully blossom until their 3rd season, so there is reason for Buffalo fans to hope. Again on the other end your safetys are pretty bad, so the lack of support deep will stunt their growth. Your d-line is in need of a pass rusher off the edge, but Patt Williams apears to have all the talent to be a great run stuffer if he can come back from injury, but untill Buffalo finds a dominate DE, their LBs and secondary will have trouble stepping it up. I will say your offense will be much better, but thats not saying to much since they were god awful last year. I think they will be able to take some of the preasure off your D giving them more of a chance.

I agree with you Dajesus. Thomas is and always has been the "real deal" when it comes to middle linebackers, our other linebackers are pretty close with yours, so the edge does go to you guys. We are unproven at safety position and we have done nothing to significantly upgrade what was a very bad D line, so that worries me. Our defense was coming around near the end of the year so hopefully, we got rid of some of those "growing pains". Your D overhaul is much better, that is a no-brainer, only time will tell if we can close the gap there or not. As far as offense, I would say that there is HUGE potential for both of our offenses to take it to the next level with the aquisitions of Ricky Williams and Drew Bledsoe. However, they are both an unknown commodity with changing to a different team. Of course, you guys have been saying that RW has looked great in mini-camp but DB has been looking pretty awesome too. He still has that cannon for an arm. I think that with all of the additions that we have added to offense we have the potential, and thats all it is, is potential at this stage, to have the edge on you guys with our O...especially if DB finds his comfort zone in the pocket. Make no bones about it, we are still a very young and still growing team I would say that if we went 7-9 or 8-8 that we could live with that for now, especially being in the tough division that we are in...thank God Indy is gone, good riddance Peyton Manning.

Dajesus
07-02-2002, 02:35 PM
I think it will really come down to what coach did a better job of revamping their o-line. Both were major weaknesses last season, and both got overhauled durring the off season. If the o-lines can be dominate RW & DB will have great years, if they struggle then we might be wishing we had those draft picks.

3W
07-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Excellent points, I totally concur. This division is going to be so tight and competitive that one injury could mean the difference between the top of the division or the cellar

MOULDSROCKS
07-02-2002, 03:57 PM
hey dajesus..... or whoever was "wys"ing us with stats

London Fletcher = 189 Tackles and those 119 were SOLO tackles

Thomas = 180 Tackles and 112 Solo

If your gonna post 'em, post 'em right!

MOULDSROCKS
07-02-2002, 03:57 PM
i can't wait 'til we plays those punk phins!!!

Dajesus
07-03-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
hey dajesus..... or whoever was "wys"ing us with stats

London Fletcher = 189 Tackles and those 119 were SOLO tackles

Thomas = 180 Tackles and 112 Solo

If your gonna post 'em, post 'em right!

Again good try but here are his real stats taken from the Rams official site:

Player Team Tackles Assists Sacks INT Fum Rec Sfty TD
1. London Fletcher STL 90 28 4.0 2 0 0 0

If that is confusing for you that sais 90 tackles. Don't worry you only off by 99. I go to the official site for all stats since they pay people that scrutinize over these numbers.

John from Hemet
07-03-2002, 02:15 PM
As a bills fan trying to be objective:

I think is important to note that our team hasn't actually done anything to disprove our naysayers yet.....but it doesn't take much for a logical fan to see that if you have a great front office, draft solidly, and use free agency to fill specific needs then there is much reason for optomism....how are we going to fare against the fins...I dont really know...I do believe that we have a fighting chance against a very good Miami team......

"QB- Buffalo - plain and simple, Bledsoe is better than Fiedler"

I do happen to think that Drew Bledsoe is of a much higher caliber talent then Fielder.....he is a pocket passer who can make any throw....has a feel for pressure....is a cold weather QB....is as tough as they come....and HAS been to 3 pro bowls. My concern is that the bills mgt knows that too and they make the mistake that the patriots did all these years...when Bruce Armstrong, Ben Coates, and Curtis Martin were gone they did not adaquately replace them...they just kept riding on Bledsoe's rocket arm...but if Buffalo comes in with a run first mentality...LOOK OUT

"RB- Miami- when Williams is healthy he is better than Henry"
This is a hard one to guage...RW is a extreme talent but he is also a extreme headcase...he simply will not play hurt and is going to play behind a line this year nowhere near as good as the one he had in NO.....Henry was having a productive season behind a horrible line and got hurt...but I was talking in a NFL chat a week ago who says that their is a opinion amongst people in the know in the NFL that if Travis has his head on straight he could end up being the best back in the division.....and the division includes curtis martin, RW, and Antwain Smith.....I know tha the aquisition of Big Mike will only help

FB- Buffalo - Centers=Pro Bowl. Centers is def the better pass catcher...but Miami has the better run blocking FB. But given the fact that we now have Moore to block this is probably advantage Buffalo

WR- Buffalo -Moulds, Price, Reed is pretty leathal tandem. The key here is Moulds....Moulds is head and shoulders better then anyone Miami has....Price is improving every year but has not been a differnence maker...Reed is a rookie who will probably replace Peerless next year and a great talent....but he is going to have a hard time getting onto the field in Gilbride's 2 TE set. If we do what I hope we are going to do...we will run balanced offense using the 2 TE set as our base formation......getting us bigger bodies on the field to push people around.....we haven't had 2 quality TE's at the same time since Winslow and Metz

"OL- Tie - By seasons end Buffalo's OL will prove to be superior, it just needs time to gel. "

This is advantage buffalo...and in any of the last 3 years I would not say that....we have some quality players on that line while Miami is trying to incorporate some of our washouts......

DL-Miami- One of Miami's stong points and Buffalo's weak"

Easily Miami...for now

"LB-Buffalo- Fletcher, Robinson, Newman just beat out Thomas, Rodgers, Galyon "

This should be advantage Miami for now....you know what you are getting with Miami's linebackers....we are going to incorporate 2 new starters into our linebacking core in Robinson and Fletcher....two very quality guys but we have not seen them play yet....I will say this however...I dont think I will be saying this when I evaluate them next....Robinson has been playing in this complex defense his whole career......Fletcher was the heart of the Rams defense......the last time we took the heart of a defense....Chris Spielman...nuff said

"DB- Miami- this could probe to be a draw by seasons end with Clements and Winfield equally Madison and Surtain"

I know Miami fans will not agree with this...but I call this position a draw....Miami corners are very good...but they also have the advantage of having a defensive line and linebackers that get to the QB......our guys Winfield and Clements have no such luxury...and when you add Chris Watson to the mix....I think our top 3 guys are better then your top 3 guys overall......

"Overall Buffalo and Miami are evenly matched but with Buffalo having a younger team, their overall team's future success seems better than Miami"

On paper I believe that we are evenly matched with Miami....but we still need to play the games....I know this...as much as our free agents have helped us this year it is our drafting that is going to make us strong again...last years draft was awesome when we traded down and still got:

Nate Clements: This kid is going to get looks for the Pro Bowl very soon
Aaron Schrobel: Broke Bruce Smiths rookie sack record
Travis Henry: A quality starting running back
Jonas Jennings: didn't give up a sack last year
Brandon Spoon: forced to start too soon..awsome ST and backup
Ron Edwards and Tyrone Robertson....will be here for a while....

this is possibly the best draft Buffalo ever had..........

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 03:07 PM
You're wrong with QB and WR.

Bledsoe does have more talent that Fiedler, but Fiedler is a better QB.

Other than Moulds, you have nobody.

BillsMan80
07-03-2002, 03:49 PM
We'll see about Bledsoe and Fiedler...and at WR...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Who the hell does Miami have? James McKnight, Oronde Gadsden...Who are you kidding. Peerless Price and Josh Reed with Moulds dominate Chambers, McKnight, and Gadsden.

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 03:52 PM
I'd take Gadsden over Peerless Price anyday.
You don't know if Josh Reed is going to be any good.
Moulds is better than Chambers....for now, but we also have James McKnight, and a very clutch receiver in Dedric Ward.

Our receivers are better overall. You have a great WR, a 3rd WR playing in the 2nd WR spot, and an untested rookie, vs an obvious up and coming star WR, a WR with some of the best hands in the game, a good WR who gets a bad wrap for 3 bad plays(In one year), and a very clutch 4th WR.

Our receivers are better overall.

John from Hemet
07-03-2002, 03:53 PM
So I guess you can be outright biased if you want to....

QB....Bledosoe has more talent...but Fielder is the better QB

What has Fielder EVER done? Bledsoe has been to the Pro Bowl THREE TIMES.....he has been to the Super bowl twice....once as the starter.....Fielder is a guy that you put in there and hope he doesn't make mistakes that cost your defense the game.....Bledsoe has been a one man show in New England from the day he was made the number one overall pick.....if you made Fielder the one man show he would crumble faster then @hit

Other then Moulds we have nobody......well like I said....on paper we are doing ok but we will need to wait and see.....a good offensive line cures a lot of ills

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 04:02 PM
Drew Bledsoe career QB rating: 75.9

Jay Fiedler career QB rating: 77.7

Drew Bledsoe rushing stats (In 8 years)

ATT: 270 Yards: 553 Yards per rush: 2.0 Tds: 2

Jay Fiedler rushing stats (In 2 years)

ATT: 166 Yards: 608 Yards per rush: 4.2 Tds: 5 (4 in 2001)

Not overwhelmingly better for either side, but still an edge for Jay Fiedler.

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 04:02 PM
Also, that 77.7 rating of Jay's should skyrocket after this year (or at least go up by a few points) :P

MOULDSROCKS
07-03-2002, 04:13 PM
your man jay barely beat DB in rushing THAT IS SAD!!!!

MOULDSROCKS
07-03-2002, 04:13 PM
never mind... i missed the 8 years part... phew! i thought i was dreaming!

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 04:28 PM
LMAO

Go here

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&postid=50553#post50553

John from Hemet
07-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Eh.....Drew will never be confused with a scrambling QB....

Why not throw out passing yardage and touchdowns while you are at it.....or do you not want to because Fielder is a conservative QB who relies on his defense to win games?

Dolfan984
07-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Eh? Fiedler doesn't call the plays.

Slaine
07-04-2002, 05:07 AM
Very true also we need some pass rush. Schobel showed some really good promise last season and we drafted another DE in the second round named Ryan Denney who is a schobel clone.

Donahue stole this guy from under our (the Steelers) noses in the second round - Denney will be huge plus for Buffalo though whether it happens this year or not remains to be seen. He is academically very sound and also lettered in basketball so if he does find his feet (I think he will as he is 25 and a mature guy) this year then look out!

iceblizzard69
07-04-2002, 09:17 AM
He is 25?? :lol:

Slaine
07-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Yup - spent two years before college working at a mission in South America. That's the sort of guy that I'd like on my team.