PDA

View Full Version : Well one thing is for Sure, it's the same old Buffaloe

CpuFan
08-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Well one thing is for Sure, it's the same old Buffaloe. I watched their game
with the Titians today. And all I can say is that they are constant is their inability to defend against the run.

The left side of the defense is still are porous as last year. The Titans owned them. They spread them out and then ran all over them. And the also picked
heavily on the left corner back. Troy Vencent!

The Bills defense only got better when the Titans first stringers came off the
field. I feel so bad for them... Not!

Atila
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
bills had one of the best defenses in the NFL last season, but regardless, this is a pretty stupid thread

how do you not expect for bills fans to lash out against us and make fun of us when you guys make threads dedicated to making fun of them?

MOULDSROCKS
08-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Our defense is rock solid.

FinsFan74
08-22-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah, just like LAST year!?

PayTheBills
08-22-2004, 09:38 PM
They had the #2 defense last year. When the season starts, I have no worries that our D will be just fine. We had backups in with the starters early on yesterday, including Stamer (#57), Bannan (#97), and Kelsay (#90). They were obviously experimenting early on, and didn't care so much about the scoreboard.

And you also can't really say "same old Bills", because we saw some things we haven't seen in a while yesterday, like a solid o-line, a well-timed offense, and bledsoe even effectively scrambled a couple of times! The offense is starting to come together.

It did suck to lose Travis Henry though. You guys have no idea what it's like to lose your starting runningback...oh wait, sure you do! Luckily, we have this no-name backup, Willis Mcga-something or other (heard of him?). So we'll just have to hope he can shoulder the preseason load for the next couple of weeks while Travis rests up and gets healthy.

:)

Justasportsfan
08-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Well one thing is for Sure, it's the same old Buffaloe. I watched their game
with the Titians today. And all I can say is that they are constant is their inability to defend against the run.

The left side of the defense is still are porous as last year. The Titans owned them. They spread them out and then ran all over them. And the also picked
heavily on the left corner back. Troy Vencent!

The Bills defense only got better when the Titans first stringers came off the
field. I feel so bad for them... Not!
and what did the fins look like in their 2nd preseason game? Be honest.

Wakey
08-23-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll watch that game tonight before the Ram/Chiefs game :D

I was impressed with J.P. Losman, he's a baller.

Brad528
08-23-2004, 06:10 PM
The Dolphins looked like **** but they also had 21 players that missed practice due to injury that week and many didnt play at all in the game or the week

Brad528
08-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Plus are two starting Corners that game havent been on our team for a month. **** one was signed that monday

Justasportsfan
08-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Excuses, excuses.

Jets81
08-24-2004, 12:13 PM
The Dolphins looked like **** but they also had 21 players that missed practice due to injury that week and many didnt play at all in the game or the week

21 players missed practice due to injury!?!?!?
Maybe it's time for the Phins to get a new strength and conditioning coach... :shakeno:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-24-2004, 12:39 PM
like a solid o-line

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Their o-line will be their downfall this year. Its in worse shape than the Dolphins o-line. This is a line that is returning 4 starters and several backups from last year. They should be farther along at this point.

All week long, the local talk radio has been hammering the o-line. RT, C, and LG are a mess. The LT has been hurt.

W. McGahee 11 28 1 11
T. Henry 7 27 0 22

McGahee and Henry each has one decent run. Other than that, Henry was 6 carries for 5 yards and McGahee was 10 carries for 17 yds.

That is not good enough.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Troy Vincent was beat like a drum in that game.

Bills fans better hope he was just trying to avoid injury because he was awful at coming up to make tackles. He looked extremely tentative.

Kinzua
08-24-2004, 09:36 PM
All week long, the local talk radio has been hammering the o-line. RT, C, and LG are a mess. The LT has been hurt. Ummm ... how many off-sides did the first team oline have? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... how many sacks did the first team oline give up? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... how many turn-overs did the Bills' D force? 2 :nana:

Ummm ... how many interceptions did Bledsoe have? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... maybe the guys yapping on talk radio ought to try watching a game!!!! This ain't "the same old Buffalo Bills" !!! :tongue:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Ummm ... how many off-sides did the first team oline have? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... how many sacks did the first team oline give up? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... how many turn-overs did the Bills' D force? 2 :nana:

Ummm ... how many interceptions did Bledsoe have? 0 :nana:

Ummm ... maybe the guys yapping on talk radio ought to try watching a game!!!! This ain't "the same old Buffalo Bills" !!! :tongue:

Can't there please at least be a minimum mental age for these forums?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 09:51 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Their o-line will be their downfall this year. Its in worse shape than the Dolphins o-line. .I told you not to smoke crack anymore. When you do you tend to think your bowling ball is a crystal ball. It's not.

Worse shape than Miami's :roflmao:
Yours hasn't even proven to be better than what you had last year. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I told you not to smoke crack anymore. When you do you tend to think your bowling ball is a crystal ball. It's not.

Worse shape than Miami's :roflmao:
Yours hasn't even proven to be better than what you had last year. :lol:

And yours has??? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

They gave up 50 sacks last year, Einstein.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
And yours has??? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

They gave up 50 sacks last year, Einstein.
Did I say ours has? DUH!!!that would be 51 sacks Homer :D

Your OL was worse than ours last year. The only reason why we had more sacks than you did is because Fiedler can scramble and you ran more . Did you see what happened to Griese when he was in there?

We opened up more holes for Henry than yours did for RW. Henry had less than 100 yds than RW considering RW had more than 100 attempts than Henry last year. Henry also played w/ a broken leg and torn rib cartilage and played 1 game less than RW.

So, in essense, if our OL sucks and you do not deny your OL has proven to be any better than what you had last year, how's is our OL in worse shape than yours? Only a homer would base the status of an OL in preseason and to think that you had a total of 98 yds the last preseason game you had. DUH!!!!!!

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Did I say ours has? DUH!!!that would be 51 sacks Homer :D

Your OL was worse than ours last year. The only reason why we had more sacks than you did is because Fiedler can scramble and you ran more . Did you see what happened to Griese when he was in there?

We opened up more holes for Henry than yours did for RW. Henry had less than 100 yds than RW considering RW had more than 100 attempts than Henry last year. Henry also played w/ a broken leg and torn rib cartilage and played 1 game less than RW.

So, in essense, if our OL sucks and you do not deny your OL has proven to be any better than what you had last year, how's is our OL in worse shape than yours? Only a homer would base the status of an OL in preseason and to think that you had a total of 98 yds the last preseason game you had. DUH!!!!!!

Your OL opened up more holes because you threw the ball more and kept opposing defenses more honest. Your offense sucked and could not score in TDs in many many games. You are returning the same starters except for the RG. Now that sounds like a plan.....Oh, I remember, its was all the fault of GW and KG. :lol: The worst QB in the AFCE last year was Bledsoe and he is still there. Moulds is old and fragile (he's hurt again). Travis can't stay healthy (he's hurt again). Willis is not ready and he admits it. Josh Reed still disappoints and Lee Evans can't beat him out.

At least our OL has a chance of improving. Your OL returns with 4 of 5 crappy starters from last year. No team has proven anything yet because the season has not started.

Good luck at 6-10 this year.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Your OL opened up more holes because you threw the ball more and kept opposing defenses more honest. Your offense sucked and could not score in TDs in many many games. You are returning the same starters except for the RG. Now that sounds like a plan.....Oh, I remember, its was all the fault of GW and KG. :lol: The worst QB in the AFCE last year was Bledsoe and he is still there. Moulds is old and fragile (he's hurt again). Travis can't stay healthy (he's hurt again). Willis is not ready and he admits it. Josh Reed still disappoints and Lee Evans can't beat him out.

At least our OL has a chance of improving. Your OL returns with 4 of 5 crappy starters from last year. No team has proven anything yet because the season has not started.

Good luck at 6-10 this year.

It was still better than yours DUH!!!! Since you still haven't denied that your OL this year is any beter than last years, it's safe to assume that your OL is crappy and not in better shape than ours which is what I was pointing out. DUH!!!!

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 12:56 PM
It was still better than yours DUH!!!! Since you still haven't denied that your OL this year is any beter than last years, it's safe to assume that your OL is crappy and not in better shape than ours which is what I was pointing out. DUH!!!!

Apparently you cannot read.....

Since you didn't deny the 6-10 record, its safe to assume you agree?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Apparently you cannot read.....

Since you didn't deny the 6-10 record, its safe to assume you agree?then justify your statement stating our OL is in worse shape than yours. How many total yards did you have in your last game?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 01:22 PM
then justify your statement stating our OL is in worse shape than yours. How many total yards did you have in your last game?

Its PRESEASON.

Both teams had bad olines year. The Fins added 4 new starters, the Bills added 1 (and he is having injury problems already). My justification is that the Bills did not upgrade their personnel as much as the Fins did.

NOTHING IS PROVEN YET, but I am more optimistic about the Fins line because they at least attempted to improve.

Apart from one 22 yd carry, Henry has 12 carries for 11 yds. Even 13 carries for 33 yds is not good. Does that mean he's going to suck this year? NO, ITS PRESEASON.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Its PRESEASON.

Both teams had bad olines year. The Fins added 4 new starters, the Bills added 1 (and he is having injury problems already). My justification is that the Bills did not upgrade their personnel as much as the Fins did.

NOTHING IS PROVEN YET, but I am more optimistic about the Fins line because they at least attempted to improve.

Apart from one 22 yd carry, Henry has 12 carries for 11 yds. Even 13 carries for 33 yds is not good. Does that mean he's going to suck this year? NO, ITS PRESEASON.Well DUH! So you were obviously talking crap when you stated that our OL is in worse shape even though all you had was preseason to base it on and even then our OL is still looking better than your "4 new starters" :D

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Well DUH! So you were obviously talking crap when you stated that our OL is in worse shape even though all you had was preseason to base it on and even then our OL is still looking better than your "4 new starters" :D

?????

How can I say this??????

I'M NOT BASING IT ON PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BASING IT ON THE FACT THAT YOUR OL SUCKED LAST YEAR AND YOU HAVE THE SAME PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Is that FINALLY clear enough?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
?????

How can I say this??????

I'M NOT BASING IT ON PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BASING IT ON THE FACT THAT YOUR OL SUCKED LAST YEAR AND YOU HAVE THE SAME PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Is that FINALLY clear enough?
so how the hell can you compare our OL to yours by saying our OL is in worse shape . Having 4 new starters does not mean your OL is better than ours especially since they look horrible so far compared to ours. There is no basis to campare both Ol's other than what has been shown in preseason. DUH.

Next time you make a statement like that make sure you have something to back up your statement. If this were in the smack forum, that would be understandable.

Someone is trying to to punt again :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 02:39 PM
so how the hell can you compare our OL to yours by saying our OL is in worse shape . Having 4 new starters does not mean your OL is better than ours especially since they look horrible so far compared to ours. There is no basis to campare both Ol's other than what has been shown in preseason. DUH.

Next time you make a statement like that make sure you have something to back up your statement. If this were in the smack forum, that would be understandable.

Someone is trying to to punt again :lol:

Man, you are the densest MF I have ever seen.....

Since when are opinions limited to the smack forum? Was there a TOS change?

In addition to not bringing in sufficient talent, Mike Williams has been demoted, his replacement got hurt, Jennings has been hurt, Pucillo got demoted, then Tucker got demoted, the new RG is already nursing an injury, and the lone stable position (center) is weak.

I'll take my chances with the Fins OL, thanks.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Man, you are the densest MF I have ever seen.....

Since when are opinions limited to the smack forum? Was there a TOS change?

In addition to not bringing in sufficient talent, Mike Williams has been demoted, his replacement got hurt, Jennings has been hurt, Pucillo got demoted, then Tucker got demoted, the new RG is already nursing an injury, and the lone stable position (center) is weak.

I'll take my chances with the Fins OL, thanks.Good , it's nice to know that other than not having any facts or at least any substanciated basis, it's just you biased opinion. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Good , it's nice to know that other than not having any facts or at least any substanciated basis, it's just you biased opinion. :lol:

Dude, nearly every post (including yours) is an opinion. You're not really naive enough to not understand that are you? I guess that explains alot.

BTW, in the quote below, there are two opinions and 6 facts. Please make an attempt to distinguish one from the other.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Dude, nearly every post (including yours) is an opinion. You're not really naive enough to not understand that are you? I guess that explains alot.

BTW, in the quote below, there are two opinions and 6 facts. Please make an attempt to distinguish one from the other.I'd rather use facts from a game performance than formulate an opinion based on someone else's opinion or an injury list.

Inspite the demotions, injuries, Our OL looked a lot better than yours and although preseason is the only basis I have I never stated our OL is in better shape than yours or will be except that it has played better than yours so far. Are there concerns? Sure just like yours .

You have nothing, admit it, you posted out of your a$$ once again. Until you guys can move the chains more than 98 yds, I would be saying your OL is in better shape than any OL in the league.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I'd rather use facts than formulate an opinion based on someone else's opinion.Inspite the demotions, injuries, Our OL looked a lot better than yours and although preseason is the only basis I have I never stated our OL is in better shape than yours or will be except that it has played better than yours.

You have nothing, admit it, you posted out of your a$$ once again. Until you guys can move the chains more than 98 yds, I would be saying your OL is in better shape than any OL in the league.

Hey, ****head

Game 1:

A. Feeley (8-12, 105), F. Russell (9-101)

Fred Russell has outrushed every one of your RBs, including Henry and McGahee. Both AJ Feeley and Fiedler have more passing yds than Bledsoe and Losman.

Any more stupid requests?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, ****head

Game 1:

A. Feeley (8-12, 105), F. Russell (9-101)

Fred Russell has outrushed every one of your RBs, including Henry and McGahee. AJ Feeley has more passing yds that Bledsoe and Losman.

Any more stupid requests?

Just so you know Rusell ran not w/ your first unit/OL. Nice try trying to spin it. He also wasn't facing the oposing no.1 DL. DUH!!!

Have you heard the saying, "you are only as good as your last performance".

Yeah here's more request.
What was Feely's nos and Russells in their last game? When Feely played that first game, was he playing the first D unit?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey, ****head

Uhhh what's wrong? Did I hit a nerve? Remember, you're the only one making yourself look like an idiot. Not me. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Just so you know Rusell ran not w/ your first unit/OL. Nice try trying to spin it. He also wasn't facing the oposing no.1 DL. DUH!!!

Have you heard the saying, "you are only as good as your last performance".

Yeah here's more request.
What was Feely's nos and Russells in their last game? When Feely played that first game, was he playing the first D unit?

Nice try. That quote only applies to games that actually count.

So you don't have very high expectations for McGahee? 3.5 yds per carry against 2nd teamers. Another wasted draft pick perhaps?

OR MAYBE IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS PRESEASON.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Uhhh what's wrong? Did I hit a nerve? Remember, you're the only one making yourself look like an idiot. Not me. :lol:

Neither Russell or McGahee has gone against first teamers, I guess Russell is better than McGahee.....

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Nice try. That quote only applies to games that actually count.

So you don't have very high expectations for McGahee? 3.5 yds per carry against 2nd teamers. Another wasted draft pick perhaps?

OR MAYBE IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS PRESEASON.where is my request ?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Neither Russell or McGahee has gone against first teamers, I guess Russell is better than McGahee.....If you do what I requested then you will find out that you are wrong. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm glad you can feel confident about an OL that sucked last year, but had 4 out of 5 brought back by that FO anyway. Oh yeah, you hired the great and wonderful wizard of olines. He is going to fix the line. Well so far all he has done is confirmed that 2 out of the 4 returning starters suck so bad that they need to get demoted.

My guess is that Tommy Boy will fire the coach (again) because he can't admit that his players stink.

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm glad you can feel confident about an OL that sucked last year, but had 4 out of 5 brought back by that FO anyway. Oh yeah, you hired the great and wonderful wizard of olines. He is going to fix the line. Well so far all he has done is confirmed that 2 out of the 4 returning starters suck so bad that they need to get demoted.

My guess is that Tommy Boy will fire the coach (again) because he can't admit that his players stink.Man you are stupid. Where did I say I was confident? I was simply trying to find out how our OL was in worse shape than yours which you have FAILED miserably to point out other than your biased opinion. DUH!!!!

Isn't it Mcnally's job to say who stinks and who doesn't. I never denied our Ol was bad last year but not as horrible as yours. DUH!!!!

As far as your TD comment, we shall see if Wanny even keeps his job. Did you see that article about him running the team to the ground. BTW, Just like TD, Spielman is a liar. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:36 PM
If you do what I requested then you will find out that you are wrong. :lol:

Really? through two preseason games against non-starters:

Russell - 13 carries, 99 yds
McGahee - 24 carries, 86 yds

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Man you are stupid. Where did I say I was confident? I was simply trying to find out how our OL was in worse shape than yours which you have FAILED miserably to point out other than your biased opinion. DUH!!!!

ONCE AGAIN, IT IS ALL OPINION.

You have no facts from real games to demonstrate that your OL is better than the Fins OL. Period.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:38 PM
where is my request ?

Where's my response to McGahee's 3.5 yds per carry?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I'd rather use facts from a game performance than formulate an opinion based on someone else's opinion or an injury list.

So you're also willing to admit that the Bills run defense is in trouble? The first team run defense was killed by Tenn.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:43 PM
I'd rather use facts from a game performance than formulate an opinion based on someone else's opinion or an injury list.

And I'd rather wait until the real games start.......

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Really? through two preseason games against non-starters:

Russell - 13 carries, 99 yds
McGahee - 24 carries, 86 ydsthat's not what I requested stupid. I said last performance. I know why you won't pull it out because they suck :lol:

ATT YDS TD LG
F. Russell 4 -2 0 1
W. McGahee 11 28 1 11

-2 total yds. Drew better rushing nos. than Russell that does that make him a better rusher? :lol:

Mcgahee has 2 td's How many do your starters have? Russell is not even a starter DUH!!!!

Are you implying Russell will be a better back than McGahee?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:45 PM
And I'd rather wait until the real games start.......
But you sure didn't wait to say that our OL is in worse shape . STUPID.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Man you are stupid. Where did I say I was confident? I was simply trying to find out how our OL was in worse shape than yours which you have FAILED miserably to point out other than your biased opinion. DUH!!!!

The only thing I failed at was penetrating your thick skull.

The Fins started the preseason with:

Smith, James, McKinney, Jerman,St Clair

Their current starting 5 are:

Smith, James, McKinney, Whitley, St Clair

The RG position has been the only position that has been juggled.

The Bills have had several injuries and several demotions due to poor play.

That is the basis of my opinion.

You don't have to agree with or like my opinion, but the imply that it is not based on reality is BS.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
that's not what I requested stupid. I saud last performance. I know why you won't pull it out because they suck

ATT YDS TD LG
F. Russell 4 -2 0 1
W. McGahee 11 28 1 11

And I know why you want to look at only one game.....because Russells overall numbers are better.

Mcgahee has 2 td's How many do your starters have. Russell is not even a starter DUH!!!!

Neither is McGahee you idiot.

-2 total yds. Drew better rushing nos. than Russell that does that make him a better rusher? :lol:
Are you implying Russell will be a better back than McGahee?

I'm implying that preseason is meaningless and you are too stupid to realize that.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 03:52 PM
So you're also willing to admit that the Bills run defense is in trouble? The first team run defense was killed by Tenn.

Where is your answer to this one????? We can expect 6 yds per carry against the vaunted Bills defense this year? :lol:

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:56 PM
well since you are comparing Russell to mcGahee with meaningless nos. Do you think Russell will be a better back then Henry. Simple question? what's your opinion?

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:57 PM
The only thing I failed at was penetrating your thick skull.

The Fins started the preseason with:

Smith, James, McKinney, Jerman,St Clair

Their current starting 5 are:

Smith, James, McKinney, Whitley, St Clair

The RG position has been the only position that has been juggled.

The Bills have had several injuries and several demotions due to poor play.

That is the basis of my opinion.

You don't have to agree with or like my opinion, but the imply that it is not based on reality is BS. Didn't I say it was your biased opinion? Getting senile are you? :D

Justasportsfan
08-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Where is your answer to this one????? We can expect 6 yds per carry against the vaunted Bills defense this year? :lol:
Wanna bet you don't?

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
well since you are comparing Russell to mcGahee with meaningless nos. Do you think Russell will be a better back then Henry. Simple question? what's your opinion?

No. Henry is a proven back with better size.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Didn't I say it was your biased opinion? Getting senile are you? :D

Other than the 'biased' part. There is no biased in simply stating the facts.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-25-2004, 04:34 PM
Wanna bet you don't?

No I won't bet because this is preseason and the numbers are not meaningful.

AmishJihad
08-25-2004, 07:34 PM
F. Russell - 9/101 yds this preseason.

Aint that mis-leading. Consider that he had 1 run for 88 yds, that leaves him 8/13 the rest of the way.

Thats sad! :shakeno:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
F. Russell - 9/101 yds this preseason.

Aint that mis-leading. Consider that he had 1 run for 88 yds, that leaves him 8/13 the rest of the way.

Thats sad! :shakeno:

Take away Henry's 22 yd run and tell me what you get in the first two games.

Justasportsfan
08-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Other than the 'biased' part. There is no biased in simply stating the facts.Your opinion is not fact. DUH!!!!

Justasportsfan
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
No I won't bet because this is preseason and the numbers are not meaningful.Haha! Chicken all of a sudden. The should be you in Spit80's avatar.

It's so like you to say something and can't back it up. You're done. You've proven to post out of your a$$.

Justasportsfan
08-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Take away Henry's 22 yd run and tell me what you get in the first two games.
who cares. He's proven to run for more than 1300/season. Not a single rb you have in your roster has proven capable. Geez, are you gonna start comparing Henry to Rusell now?

Justasportsfan
08-26-2004, 09:05 AM
No. Henry is a proven back with better size.

oops I meant will Russell be a better back than Willis? :D

FinfanInBuffalo
08-26-2004, 09:31 AM
oops I meant will Russell be a better back than Willis?

No. Willis is bigger and looks to have good vision and cutback ability. He doesn't look like he has regained his speed yet, but even in his current form, he should be a better back than Russell or anyone else currently on the Fins roster.

He won't be a special player unless he regains some more speed. Before his injury he looked to be similar to Tomlinson. At his current speed, he reminds me more of a young Eddie George.

FinsFan74
08-31-2004, 09:18 PM
since we're on the subject of last year.....maybe someone can tell me who won the series between the Fins and the Bills!?

TigerJ
09-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Bills fans mostly agree that offensive line is still a sore spot. McNally is a good coach but it's going to take a little while for everything to get fixed. Little injuries have prevented all five starters from practicing together until this week. But there are some good signs. Trey Teague has actually played very well this preseason. Mike Williams came in out of shape and way overweight, but he has lost 30 lbs and is moving much better. Villarreal has been playing solid football. Lawrence Smith looks like he may be an upgrade over Pucillo. He's going to struggle for a while with good DTs because he hasn't had any starting experience but he'll get better through the season. Jennings will be fine. He just needs to stay healthy and avoid the little nicks that have bothered him the last couple years.

It takes time to completely change a team, and that's not really desirable any way. The Bills will have something of a different offensive scheme and Drew Bledsoe is getting rid of the ball quicker. Though they've had some difficulty because of lack of continuity on the line, they appear far more committed to the run.. On defence while stopping the run has been a problem, the team has shown the ability to force turnovers. That is new this year.