PDA

View Full Version : READ: Terms of Service WILL be enforced!

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Over the past few weeks FinHeaven & Co has been growing very quickly. In fact, during this month we're looking at about 15+ new members a day. So, I want to post this to inform all the newbies and, in some cases, the seniors of the Terms of Service. We, the staff, have NO problem enforcing the TOS. We are continually looking at new staff to help balance out the influx of new members. Meanwhile, I encourage EVERYONE to read this thread. Please keep in mind that the TOS may change.

Failure to not know these policies is your loss.
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks are, but not limited to: racist remarks and derogatory or other comments referring to one's sexual preference / gender.
There will be no swearing of any kind.
Added: August 23, 2004: If you talk to another member via email/IM/PM then please do not post that message. The conversation between the two of you is PRIVATE and not for the other 5,000+ people to read.
Edited on August 1, 2002 - You may post a link to a great article or report on another fan site, however, you may not simply advertise a site. For example, you may say, "Check out this great report at blablabla.com" However, you may not say, "blablabla.com is an awesome site and its a must see." We know, its a very fine line... however, we think you understand what we mean.
Moderators are given the right to edit or delete your thread, even without consulting you first. However, if you find that a moderator continually does this for no apparent reason, please email the Administrators.
If any member breaks any of these policies, the following will be done.
First warning is given via PM/post.
Secondly, a PM and email is sent.
Finally, you will banned. If you feel that you can act mature on the boards, please feel free to contact us.
Please note that you may be banned/suspended at FIRST offense.

Any administrator is allowed to ban you without your notice if your action is severe.
Added: Jan 06, 2002 - The Moderators and Super Moderators deserve the right to delete a post or thread without the Admin's input if the post or thread is severe or out of hand.
Added: May 01, 2002 - Please keep posts where they belong. If you wish to talk about politics for example, please post it in "Political / War Forum". If you wish to talk about other NFL teams, post it in "General NFL." And, of course, if you wish to talk about YOUR MIAMI DOLPHINS, post it in the Miami Dolphins forum! If an Admin or Mod find that you have posted an off topic post, it will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Added: May 30, 2002 - Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post the first three or so sentences, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues. And I for one do not want to have The Sun-Sentinel coming after me in a lawsuit :)
Added: July 25, 2002 - Anyone user name that contains profane words will be deleted from the message board. Note that this is not a ban, as you can re-register using a different name.

If you continue to use a name that contains profanity or maybe harmful to children's eyes, you will be banned.... its as simple as that.
Added: February 1, 2004 - Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risqué. Basically, nothing sexually explicit. We believe this is fair as avatars and signatures are in every forum, in some forums these pictures may or may not be allowed. Thus, there should be no pictures, as stated above, in one's avatar or signature. However, images such as stated in the above may be posted in The Ladies Lounge. (forumdisplay.php?f=62)
Next, please do not take everything one person says seriously. Yes, if you feel that it needs to be seen by a moderator or an administrator, please do. However, in most cases, a poster is joking around.

If you make a comment and you think it could offend someone, please include some type of indication that you are just joking around. Some people take things a little to seriously, and it should not.

The FinHeaven & Co Boards are meant to be an enjoyable place for Dolphin fans to talk about football with other fans, and amongst themselves. Anything that does not relate to football, take it to “The Lounge” section of the boards. If anyone defers the purpose of the boards, they will be talked to.

These policies are subject to change without notice, please check back often to make sure you have the latest policies.

I hope this clears up all the confusion, and will keep the Boards fun for everyone, Dolphin fans and any other fan that decides to come on over.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns then PLEASE let us, the staff, know. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum
Webmaster / Founder
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." - George E. Woodberry

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
i There will be no swearing of any kind

Swearing is very subjective. Is there a list of words that are not allowed?

inFINSible
08-23-2004, 08:55 PM
:clap:

*_*ADMIRAL*_*
08-23-2004, 08:56 PM
my friend uses the screen name RickyIsAn@ss will he have to change that?

InMyChambers
08-23-2004, 08:57 PM
The Ladies Lounge. (http://forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=62)

dead link :D

NaboCane
08-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Andrew: Thanks to you and the entire staff here for providing & maintaining this forum for our use.

I have been on several other sites with boards that are totally out of hand; therefore when I discovered this one, I took my time & watched from the background for a while before joining. There is nothing to date that has made me regret it.

I do have some questions regarding some of the symbols I see around; symbols such as "warning," "lightbulb," etc - who puts those on there, what do they mean? I can't find the answer in the FAQ - should I PM a Moderator for answers?

With regard to appropriate/inappropriate language, is the reference in my sig OK? Want to make sure.

Thanks again.

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 09:00 PM
i There will be no swearing of any kind

Swearing is very subjective. Is there a list of words that are not allowed?
A list? No... but c'mon... use your judgement here. The "bad" bad words I guess can be the best description. In most part, you don't have to worry about it... cause they are already censored. But, we miss things and sometimes new words are creatively made.

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 09:00 PM
my friend uses the screen name RickyIsAn@ss will he have to change that?
That screen name is fine by me... and I believe the rest of the staff. Shouldn't be a problem...

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
dead link :D
That link is now fixed... thanks...

CrunchTime
08-23-2004, 09:11 PM
No complaints here except that I have noticed some moderators have merged topics which are completely unrelated.Once the posters were complaining that I was off topic but it wasnt me.It was the moderator who merged the unrelated topics.

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Andrew: Thanks to you and the entire staff here for providing & maintaining this forum for our use.

I have been on several other sites with boards that are totally out of hand; therefore when I discovered this one, I took my time & watched from the background for a while before joining. There is nothing to date that has made me regret it.

I do have some questions regarding some of the symbols I see around; symbols such as "warning," "lightbulb," etc - who puts those on there, what do they mean? I can't find the answer in the FAQ - should I PM a Moderator for answers?

With regard to appropriate/inappropriate language, is the reference in my sig OK? Want to make sure.

Thanks again.
Going to try and get this one... if I miss it... let me or another staff member know...

The red triangle/warning sign is to "Report a Post to the Moderators." Basically, if there is a post that you think is out of line... then report it to the moderators so we can take a look at it.

As for your signature... it's borderline. Most people know that the sig is a joke... and who Rick James is.

inFINSible
08-23-2004, 09:15 PM
USE THE "report a post to the moderators'....they can't be everywhere and the reports help them out a lot....

NaboCane
08-23-2004, 09:21 PM
USE THE "report a post to the moderators'....they can't be everywhere and the reports help them out a lot....
Thanks guys!

Muck
08-23-2004, 10:43 PM
No complaints here except that I have noticed some moderators have merged topics which are completely unrelated.Once the posters were complaining that I was off topic but it wasnt me.It was the moderator who merged the unrelated topics.

We've got some brand new mods. And I know for a fact that a one or two of them goofed on their first day and didn't know how to fix it.

Rookies. What are you gonna do with 'em. :tongue:

Muck
08-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Also, things are going to tighten back up. Some people seemed to take advantage of the fact that most of the staff was out of town for a few days. Well, I hope you had fun, because we aren't going to allow a few bad apples to ruin things for everyone else. Nor will we allow the site to slide.

The BS stops here.

FinHeavenAJ
08-23-2004, 10:51 PM
The staff is back online and ready for action :evil: :fire:

Muck
08-23-2004, 10:54 PM
:saberfigh

3P
08-23-2004, 10:54 PM
We've got some brand new mods. And I know for a fact that a one or two of them goofed on their first day and didn't know how to fix it.

Rookies. What are you gonna do with 'em. :tongue:

Hey! I'll have you know I was a 10th round pick, thrown into the fire to run the defense all by my onesy. Well... ok NJ was here too... but that's a 9th and 10th round pick on D allllll alone. :goof:

Good to have you guys back though!

Clumpy
08-23-2004, 11:14 PM
:foundout:

TerryTate
08-24-2004, 12:04 AM
The PAIN TRAIN IS BACK!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

WharfRat
08-24-2004, 12:31 AM
:lurking:

Omaha_Dolfan
08-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Also, things are going to tighten back up. Some people seemed to take advantage of the fact that most of the staff was out of town for a few days. Well, I hope you had fun, because we aren't going to allow a few bad apples to ruin things for everyone else. Nor will we allow the site to slide.

The BS stops here.

All I can say is .... I'm Glad the Boys are Back in town ... Seems like most of the posts here lately have been more about name calling when person A didnt agree with Person B.

Glad you your back.

sbh1602
08-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, first off, when were the TOSs NOT enforced? :D

Second, great job with the site, guys. It's nice to have a place for my great-grandkids to hover around without me (or their parents, anyway) keeping an eye on then all the time. Thank you for keeping it that way.

Third, if you ever need another guy on the staff (albeit an old and sometimes absent-minded one) keep me in mind. I'd like to contribute any way possible.

Nicky Napoleon
08-24-2004, 02:00 AM
:clap: I actually stumbled on to this site looking for salary cap stats in May, since then I try to visit at least twice a day to check up on all things Dolphins. This is by far the most visited site in my household, and its due largely in part to the fact that the Mods and Admins keep the few from ruining it for the rest of us. I want to take the time to thank all of you for what you do, it is greatly appreciated even though it isnt always expressed. Keep up the good work and Im sure that the growth will continue.

Clumpy
08-24-2004, 02:13 AM
:clap: I actually stumbled on to this site looking for salary cap stats in May, since then I try to visit at least twice a day to check up on all things Dolphins. This is by far the most visited site in my household, and its due largely in part to the fact that the Mods and Admins keep the few from ruining it for the rest of us. I want to take the time to thank all of you for what you do, it is greatly appreciated even though it isnt always expressed. Keep up the good work and Im sure that the growth will continue.

Did someone say salary cap? :couch:

JPhinfan86
08-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Of course we don't take kindly to snitches around here. Someone might get a shive in the back in the rec yard. :buttkick: :goof:

See?! I was making an example of a joke. A JOKE! :D

Nicky Napoleon
08-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Did someone say salary cap? :couch:

Yeah, thanks Clump I appreciate the time you put in here as well.(Even if you do like the wrong team) :D If the cap page that I found hadn't been so complete I might not have checked out the rest of the site, and thus missed out on a great site!!

Phinsfan1980
08-24-2004, 04:36 AM
I am a good apple

Scrap
08-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Great job FinHeaven.

%^&* $##% %^&& *^%$ $)(* &^&^ ^%%$ #$## $@#!

Okay. It's outta' my system now. No more cussin' for me.

njfinfan
08-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Yeah - we're trying. And learning, thanks to the "oldies". But, welcome back, all.

inFINSible
08-24-2004, 07:33 AM
nj.....you forgot..../.......in your sig......[/center].

And where is my fancy new 2x premium member badge??

njfinfan
08-24-2004, 07:36 AM
I'll check into it and get back to you - immediately sir!

njfinfan
08-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks - didn't realize the sig wasn't centered. All fixed.

inFINSible
08-24-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm just here to help..;) :lol:

WharfRat
08-24-2004, 09:08 AM
And where is my fancy new 2x premium member badge??

Done! ;)

njfinfan
08-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks Wharf.

WharfRat
08-24-2004, 09:13 AM
My pleasure! :cooldude:

Wakey
08-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Another thank you to all the mods!

AmishJihad
08-24-2004, 10:02 AM
I'll moderate the smack forum for y'all. :D

I've had some of your members complain to me about my screen name, but we all know about the "incident" the name is based on... my question is, is my sign on OK or do you want me to pick a new one? :confused:

If you want me to pick a new one, are you able to change it so I keep my posts?

BALLS DEEP
08-24-2004, 10:06 AM
What term of service says that everyone can have pictures of Ricky smoking weed, and babies smoking weed. I've felt singled out about my apologies "Balls deep in the neighbors cat" apologies line. Which is actually just a term I use for a bad situation. I was banned for a day and sternly talked to by mods so I changed it based upon their beliefs that it was inappropriate for any young viewers on the site. How much more appropriate is it to have pictures of baby ricky williamses smoking weed? I count thousands of these pictures while being made to change my text. I agreed upon the change when I looked at it from their perspective. Perhaps an update to the TOS to include drugs? I'm not complaining, just curious.

ohall
08-24-2004, 10:08 AM
I'll moderate the smack forum for y'all. :D

I've had some of your members complain to me about my screen name, but we all know about the "incident" the name is based on... my question is, is my sign on OK or do you want me to pick a new one? :confused:

If you want me to pick a new one, are you able to change it so I keep my posts?

I think you should change it to, "SpitOnMoulds80"

Just my opinion, and I felt I had to share it with you. :D

Superself
08-24-2004, 10:46 AM
What up with people changing the text color?? Why is this even allowed?

I mean red text!?!? That is too hard to read

tehMick
08-24-2004, 10:53 AM
The TOS F*cking rawks!!!11`@2
:escape:

AmishJihad
08-24-2004, 03:23 PM
I think you should change it to, "SpitOnMoulds80"

Just my opinion, and I felt I had to share it with you. :D
Hey no problem... but thats not how it went. :tongue:

inFINSible
08-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Done! ;)
oooooh...fancy...:D

WharfRat
08-24-2004, 05:39 PM
oooooh...fancy...:D

You know it! You Be Stylin now slick! :infins:

Bling
08-24-2004, 07:40 PM
will you still be enforcing the negative political images/quotes ban in sigs.? I know I wasn't happy about having to change my sig. because it had a negative showing of presidential candidate John Kerry. I noticed quite a few were not erased.

my only complaint today :)

Prime Time
08-24-2004, 10:01 PM
:up:

tomas101
08-24-2004, 10:28 PM
no swearing!?!?!?!?! what kind of fuk!ng bullish is this? :D

well ooook

ZOD
08-25-2004, 08:23 AM
It's about time AJ put a boot in the mods @sses! ;)

Tater Salad 2
09-03-2004, 01:44 PM
YOU CAN NEVER GET RID OF THE TATER!

These TOS rules are POS. It's called a First Amendment you power-happy freaks. Just because someone disagrees with you about your little infatuation of the Dolphins, you ban them.

I bet I can banned for saying this too. Wow, just have to make another name.

YA CAN'T STOP THE TATER FOLKS. THE TATER WILL LIVE ON.

BALLS DEEP
09-03-2004, 01:53 PM
YOU CAN NEVER GET RID OF THE TATER!

These TOS rules are POS. It's called a First Amendment you power-happy freaks. Just because someone disagrees with you about your little infatuation of the Dolphins, you ban them.

I bet I can banned for saying this too. Wow, just have to make another name.

YA CAN'T STOP THE TATER FOLKS. THE TATER WILL LIVE ON.

THere is no way you registered just to say that. How sad. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

09-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Maybe his grade school was closed today.

inFINSible
09-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Well now, looks like Tater Salad got taken off the menu.

BALLS DEEP
09-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Well now, looks like Tater Salad got taken off the menu.

Thats cool, most of us like our carbs in the form of beer anyways!

Jwcolour
09-03-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the first amendment doesn't concern private property...something along those lines. Got to give him credit for his dedication to the tater.

Anyway do personal attacks involve occasionally calling someone a halfwit or moron...stupid idiot, bonehead? I tend to use that alot, not too maliciously though

inFINSible
09-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Thats cool, most of us like our carbs in the form of beer anyways!
and chicken wings...:roflmao:

inFINSible
09-03-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the first amendment doesn't concern private property...something along those lines. Got to give him credit for his dedication to the tater.

Anyway do personal attacks involve occasionally calling someone a halfwit or moron...stupid idiot, bonehead? I tend to use that alot, not too maliciously though
It's too bad that you can't use those words here, the problem is that it always escalates. You call somebody a moron, they call you an A-hole, you pick-up a knife, they pick up a gun.... :goof:

We caught the Tater...

:roflmao: