Billhoff
07-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Is Chambers all that great??
Moulds=67 rec.904yrds. 5tds.
P.Price=55rec. 895yrds. 7tds.

Chambers=48rec. 883 7tds.:(

Muck
07-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Chambers was a rookie who didn't start. But he made the most of his opportunities (led the league in YPC).

Billhoff
07-04-2002, 03:30 PM
I have to admit dumbo does have his luckiest games against the bills.I was at the bills vs stinkfish game last year upper level and I yelled some profanities directed toward dumbo..HE HEARD ME!!

inFINSible
07-04-2002, 04:19 PM
I've read that whales can be heard for miles underwater, I had no idea that your sounds would travel so far, above water.

You da Orca!

Dolfan984
07-04-2002, 04:49 PM
Heh, I bet he did hear you, then proceeded to kill your team with 3 4th quarter TDs!

dolfan25
07-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Why don't you look at Price's and Moulds rookie seasons and see if they compare to Chris Chambers.

Miamian
07-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Better yet, why don't you seek Fiedler out and call him Dumbo to his face?

3W
07-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
Better yet, why don't you seek Fiedler out and call him Dumbo to his face?

Yeah, quit picking on Jay Jay...the reason Moulds and Price didn't have bigger rookie seasons than Chambers is because they didn't have an All-Pro, Future Hall of Famer like Feidler throwing to them, so there!:goof:

Muck
07-07-2002, 03:05 AM
Moulds was stuck with Jim Kelly throwing to him his rookie year. Poor guy. ;)

3W
07-07-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Moulds was stuck with Jim Kelly throwing to him his rookie year. Poor guy. ;)

In his rookie year he never even cracked the lineup Muck. That was a given with Marv Levy, he was very loyal to his vets and very rarely were any of his rookies given a chance in the starting lineup until at least a year or two. Of course, nowadays you have to play the rooks right away because in 3 years they are usually down the pike looking for better paydays. Moulds never even got a chance to become a legitimate starter until about his 3rd year. I will give Chambers his props, he seems to be a much more mature receiver than Moulds was in his rookie year and he is the real deal, so I think that you guys have a gem there. Also, I think that Price is a lot more legitimate than people are giving him credit for. That boy can flat out fly (4.2 40) and he has been improving with every game, its not like he had that bad of stats for the year, especially if you look at the tards that were (or weren't) getting him the ball last year.

dolfan25
07-07-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by www.finsuck.com

. Of course, nowadays you have to play the rooks right away because in 3 years they are usually down the pike looking for better paydays

How has anything changed between '96 and "nowadays". The NFL collective bargaining agreement is exactly the same. It's true that Marv stuck with his vets but if the players talent was obvious he usually started them by the end of the year ala Thurman

3W
07-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25

How has anything changed between '96 and "nowadays". The NFL collective bargaining agreement is exactly the same. It's true that Marv stuck with his vets but if the players talent was obvious he usually started them by the end of the year ala Thurman

Well, for whatever reason there was not as much of an urgency to start a rookie back then. Maybe it was the fact that we weren't in such cap hell back then along with the fact that Marv hadn't adopted to that new way of thinking. I don't know what the reason but trust me, the mentality to play first year players and give the vets with the big paydays the axe (even if they still have some good playing years ahead of them) is much more prevelant today, there is zero loyalty in today's NFL. And if you will notice in my last post I gave props to Chambers for being more mature than Moulds, which was one of the reasons that he didn't start right away. It took him a couple years before he realized how much dedication there was to being a topflight receiver.:rolleyes:

Dolfan984
07-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Did you know Chambers only led our team in receiving for 3 games? I'd be surprised if he doesn't lead our team in receiving for 8 games this year.

Baz
07-07-2002, 10:25 PM
I'm a fan of Moulds, except when he plays the 'Fins. He always seems to have his better games against us. Well, except for the 2nd game last season. He is the complete WR. Big, strong, fast, good hands, can't ask for much more. Chambers has shown most of these qualities(his hands could use a little work), so I'm looking forward to a great season from him. I dunno about you guys, but I can't wait for that Green Bay game. I want to see Chris make Mike Sherman wish he picked him instead of that stiff Robert Fergeson(sp?). What was he thinking.....