PDA

View Full Version : People please read before making new topics!/Great Flash Cartoon Guide added!

njfinfan
08-26-2004, 10:08 AM
EDIT: Steam's quick guide to posting for any forum....go here (http://projectboil.pixel10.co.uk/posting/Posting.html) - I had to add this because I feel its important and covers all the issues that surround the forum with the influx of new people.... - TerryTate

For everyone's sake, PLEASE read the existing thread regarding the "comeback" of Ricky Williams before posting the same, exact topic in another thread.

We know how anxious you all are to discuss it and it's possibilities, impossibilities, repurcussions, etc. but there is a huge thread already there to read and discuss.

Thanks all for your support.

phunwin
08-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Thank you! The thread pollution has gotten out of control!

On the other hand, I was sort of looking forward to seeing "Merged 1,000,000X".

Dredd1050
08-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Understood, but mods need to read content before merging topics as well. Technically, my topic really didn't have to be merged since It was just reported that the rumor was now a reality. It's spurning a whole new thread of comments and ideas. Besides, most general perusers are not going to read through 80 pages of posts.

The blind merging of topics needs to stop as well.

njfinfan
08-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Understood, but mods need to read content before merging topics as well. Technically, my topic really didn't have to be merged since It was just reported that the rumor was now a reality. It's spurning a whole new thread of comments and ideas. Besides, most general perusers are not going to read through 80 pages of posts.

The blind merging of topics needs to stop as well.

What specifically are you referring to. And, since your thread did have something to do with Ricky's supposed "comeback", rumor, innuendo, or fact, it got merged into the "big" (if you will) thread, and people who come to the site to read and get information, I believe that they will read through the thread.

iceman_4_fins
08-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Ricky, please just stay away!

Oh yea, say hi to the Dalai Lama ("himself") for me.

:evil:

Spinelord
08-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Ricky, please just stay away!
Start the bonfire -Ricky can light it with a J:roflmao:

Clumpy
08-26-2004, 11:15 AM
I was just about to post a new thread about RW :mad:

Dredd1050
08-26-2004, 11:24 AM
What specifically are you referring to. And, since your thread did have something to do with Ricky's supposed "comeback", rumor, innuendo, or fact, it got merged into the "big" (if you will) thread, and people who come to the site to read and get information, I believe that they will read through the thread. My point is, you shouldn't merge every topic that has the name Ricky Williams in it. As long as the content is independent from the merged mammoth topic, it should remain.

Section126
08-26-2004, 11:25 AM
My point is, you shouldn't merge every topic that has the name Ricky Williams in it. As long as the content is independent from the merged mammoth topic, it should remain.

Ricky Williams is coming back? :confused:

njfinfan
08-26-2004, 11:39 AM
My point is, you shouldn't merge every topic that has the name Ricky Williams in it. As long as the content is independent from the merged mammoth topic, it should remain.

Everything I merged into the main thread was on the same topic. I didn't merge it because it had the name Ricky Williams in it. The threads are merged based on their content, not their title.

PhinstiGator
08-26-2004, 11:44 AM
So...what you are saying is...if the content of my post will fit nicely under an existing thread, then don't start a new thread for the sake of starting a new thread.

Scan existing threads before repeating the same subject. So simple. So impossible.

Discuss this topic amongs yourselves... Ricky said he doesn't care about money and that he has been poor before. Then in the next statement... getting a new contract had it's part to play in why he quit. Of course, he forgot to tell his agent that...and phoned in his retirement from Hawaii. He is still not man enough to have a face to face with Wannstedt. Ricky is still runnning. Off to India.

Dredd1050
08-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Everything I merged into the main thread was on the same topic. I didn't merge it because it had the name Ricky Williams in it. The threads are merged based on their content, not their title.
Cool. That's all I request. :)

CrunchTime
08-26-2004, 02:25 PM
I second the comment that sometimes the Moderators merge completely different topics.For example we had a thread going on for people who cant watch the games for one reason or other and how we could help each other out by taping the games and uploading the games on bittorent sites when suddenly it was merged into a AJ vs Jay thread.Its too bad because a lot of members did not know they could upload the game from the title of the merge.

This points out a problem that exists among posters as well as moderators.People are so anxious to post that they dont take time to "READ"

SWS84
08-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Ricky Williams is coming back? :confused:

Who's Ricky Williams?? :hmmm:

3P
08-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I second the comment that sometimes the Moderators merge completely different topics.For example we had a thread going on for people who cant watch the games for one reason or other and how we could help each other out by taping the games and uploading the games on bittorent sites when suddenly it was merged into a AJ vs Jay thread.Its too bad because a lot of members did not know they could upload the game from the title of the merge.

This points out a problem that exists among posters as well as moderators.People are so anxious to post that they dont take time to "READ"

That may have to do with the legal ramifications of posting dolphins games on the net :shakeno:

CrunchTime
08-26-2004, 09:19 PM
That may have to do with the legal ramifications of posting dolphins games on the net :shakeno:
Yes but it gets down to the "sharing of private files on the private network issue".I know you are afraid to be exposed to this issue but its done all the time on networks such as Winmx,Bittorent sites,Kazaa sites.You are only in peril if you benefit directly but this is not the case.We are talking about Finfans who have absolutely no options of seeing the games other than private tape delayed recordings or bittorent sites.No one is going to bother a site with 4000 members ouit of which they may 30-40 interested parties.

Anyway if this is an official policy I urge fellow members to keep uploading the games on bittorent sites.It would be much appreciated.

If you still have doubts on this subject then I urge you to start an international forum where this subject can at least be discussed and if necessary addressed in another way.

I believe it would be innovative to start an international forum,one that will separate you from all other sites and give you more prestige.

msg
08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
i hate these merged threads, sorry but they're too long. I like to read a thread see what peoples opinions are and move on. Not read a book. Or watch some morons battle back and forth for 3 pages. </rant.>

PhinBeck
08-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Ricky Williams? did we trade with NO? when that happen? :confused:

Muck
08-26-2004, 10:06 PM
i hate these merged threads, sorry but they're too long. I like to read a thread see what peoples opinions are and move on. Not read a book. Or watch some morons battle back and forth for 3 pages. </rant.>

People also hate three pages worth of threads dedicated to the same topic. Can't "move on" that way.

dolfan3033
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
It's all Ricky's fault.. Dang him ;)

dolfan3033
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Hehe, I just wanted to say something to see my new sig most of all. :)

TerryTate
08-27-2004, 07:41 AM
If you didnt catch where the flash cartoon is at, please go to the top of this thread, or the ultra-lazy can click the link below....

http://projectboil.pixel10.co.uk/posting/Posting.html

xiidaen
08-27-2004, 09:19 AM
TT - that cartoon is hysterical!

Muck
08-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Hilarious!!

Dude
08-27-2004, 11:22 AM
OMG, that's funny!

420finfan
08-27-2004, 11:55 AM
EDIT: Steam's quick guide to posting for any forum....go here (http://projectboil.pixel10.co.uk/posting/Posting.html) - I had to add this because I feel its important and covers all the issues that surround the forum with the influx of new people.... - TerryTate

For everyone's sake, PLEASE read the existing thread regarding the "comeback" of Ricky Williams before posting the same, exact topic in another thread.

We know how anxious you all are to discuss it and it's possibilities, impossibilities, repurcussions, etc. but there is a huge thread already there to read and discuss.

Thanks all for your support.
Thanks for reposting my link!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=45387 :cooldude:

P4E
08-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Good find, Mr. Tate.:roflmao:

Classic piece of work. Now even I feel ready to post with good posting hygiene!:D