PDA

View Full Version : Who Do I Keep Out Of This M.a.s.h. Unit???

Phinmaster1354
07-06-2002, 12:58 AM
I am in a 12 team league. This will be our 13 th year already! I have 3 FANTASY FOOTBALL RINGS!!94','96 and '97!! I need to inflate my ego a little since lately my teams have faltered! We keep 2 players yearly since a couple of years ago! The only thing is I have the MASH unit of keepers!!Here are the choices of keepers. Tell me what you guys think!! Let me add into the equation that I have the 1st pick of the draft also for having the most dismal team a year ago!! I know what the BILLS feel like!

RB EDGE JAMES I'll most definately keep him,ACL??
RB FRED TAYLOR DUNNO?? ENIGMA!!
RB TERRELL DAVIS POTATO CHIP???
QB TOM BRADY Not injured but I am not sold on him yet, what do you guys think??:confused:

iceblizzard69
07-06-2002, 08:48 AM
I think Edge will rebound and have a good season. I would keep Taylor and trade him right away because someone always wants him for some weird reason. Brady you should also keep and trade right away, while keeping Davis would just be a waste of time.

FFNSB
07-06-2002, 11:37 PM
This is an easy decision'

Dump Brady. He;s an average QB. You could pick up a better guy in round 4.

Keep James and Taylor. Get another RB and 2 WR than go QB. Unless a really good QB is availbale in rond 1.

Phinmaster1354
07-07-2002, 01:00 AM
In my league 24 players are protected but I think I might be able to land McNABB with the first pick!! So my core players would be.........
QB McNABB
RB EDGE
RB FRED TAYLOR

iceblizzard69
07-07-2002, 09:56 AM
Taylor is a waste of time. He won't play more than 5 games this season.

Phinmaster1354
07-07-2002, 12:47 PM
I did a mock draft within my league and in all likelihood, it's gonna come down to SHAWN ALEXANDER or DONOVAN McNABB with the first pick! Our scoring is more friendly for QB's???? But ALEXANDER could be a rising stud??? HELP!!!

iceblizzard69
07-07-2002, 08:07 PM
McNabb is your man. He is THE man.

dolphinators13
07-08-2002, 09:56 PM
take SA look what he did only starting half of the games last year.. he is a stud

Phinmaster1354
07-09-2002, 07:01 PM
THANKS FELLAS!!!!;)

dolphinators13
07-10-2002, 08:05 PM
no prob.

MOULDSROCKS
07-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Here are some sleepers you may want to consider..... and I'm serious, I am not just saying things b/c I'm a Bills fan and am biased, but because I am a bills fan IN BUFFALO and I know all the info about these guys and from what I can see on most FF rankings, these playaz will kick ass if you can get them late.

Travis Henry (our starting RB... in the WORST CASE you'll have the 32nd best RB as your 3rd guy in a league where 36 backs must be chosen; but don't expect him to be so low.... I feel he will produce more than both LD and the A-train... they are very high on him down here and Gilbride is instituting a power-run game where TH will see a lot of carries! -I am confident enough in him to put him up against RW in "THE BET")

Eric Moulds (he had an off year last year where the OC was an idiot and he was rarely the first option.... and all of his routes were so figgin easy to defend.... at times he drew TRIPLE TEAMS. He started to come on late in the year when AVP was QB, but AVP has a lack of arm strength and E-Mo's strength is the deep ball, which we have solved with Bledsoe. KG will let both Bledsoe and Moulds "do their thing" and go deep... you can pick him up in the late rounds and expect 1st/2nd round production!)

p.s. SA is better now, b/c he has a great line and will see many carries. McNabb is awesome too, but a lack of a great WR scares me and he can't always prouce consistantly b/c his WR's suck and won't help him put up big numbers!

Phinmaster1354
07-12-2002, 04:50 PM
I'll have to say MOULDSROCKS,
With the addition of BLEDSOE. MOULDS has moved up to the ELITE class of receivers on my draft board!! I am hoping he will STILL be there on the way back down of our DRAFT!! We have 12 teams so it's a longshot he'll be there! I am probably gonna take McNABB with the 1st overall pick and my 2nd pick is the 24th and 25th pick of the draft!! We go up and down the slots, I get back to back picks every round!

Dolfan984
07-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Moulds should be good, but Henry, will probably be middle of the road, as far as fantasy stats go. I expect about 1000 yards and about 7-9 tds from him.

MOULDSROCKS
07-16-2002, 04:33 PM
I am not saying henry will post 1300 yards or anything, but he would be a steal as your 2nd or 3rd RB.... especially considering that he is ranked poorly by most "experts" -these are the same experts who think Huntly, or Morris will win the starting job, when in actuality Huntly may not even make the team and Bryson (as long as he isn't traded) will be above Morris on the depth charts. Henry is our starter. Don't believe these clowns who know absolutely nothing about football. All the fantasy experts who have a good head on their shoulders have Henry ranked in the high teens (15-19).... I have him ranked like so:

1) Faulk
2) Alexander
3) Green
4) Dillon
5) C. Martin
6) George
6) James (scared of injury though)
7) Holmes (lack of TD's and passing game makes him lose value)
7) A-Train (same as above)
7) Williams (injury probs scare me, but being on grass should help, if he had more break-away speed I would rank him higher)
8) Tomlinson
9) Hearst
10) Davis (yes 10, spurier isn't known for running and davis is aging)
11) Taylor ("glass")
12) Deuce
13) Bettis (aging and lack of TD's)
14) Henry

baccarat
07-16-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
I am not saying henry will post 1300 yards or anything, but he would be a steal as your 2nd or 3rd RB.... especially considering that he is ranked poorly by most "experts" -these are the same experts who think Huntly, or Morris will win the starting job, when in actuality Huntly may not even make the team and Bryson (as long as he isn't traded) will be above Morris on the depth charts. Henry is our starter. Don't believe these clowns who know absolutely nothing about football. All the fantasy experts who have a good head on their shoulders have Henry ranked in the high teens (15-19).... I have him ranked like so:

1) Faulk
2) Alexander
3) Green
4) Dillon
5) C. Martin
6) George
6) James (scared of injury though)
7) Holmes (lack of TD's and passing game makes him lose value)
7) A-Train (same as above)
7) Williams (injury probs scare me, but being on grass should help, if he had more break-away speed I would rank him higher)
8) Tomlinson
9) Hearst
10) Davis (yes 10, spurier isn't known for running and davis is aging)
11) Taylor ("glass")
12) Deuce
13) Bettis (aging and lack of TD's)
14) Henry
My RB rankings
1. Marshall Faulk
2. Shaun Alexander
3. Amahan Green
4. Ricky Williams
5. Curtis Martin
6. Ladanian Tomlinson
7. Edgerrin James
8. Corey Dillion
9. Anthony Thomas
10. Eddie George
11. Stephen Davis
12. Antowain Smith
13. Priest Holmes
14. Garrison Hearst
15. Deuce McCallister
16. William Green
17. Charlie Garner
18. Duce Staley
19. Travis Henry
20. Jerome Bettis

SMadison29
07-29-2002, 04:38 PM
You keep James & Taylor. Taylor is the best all around RB in the NFL. He does have a little problem of staying healthy. You can afford to take the gamble of keeping Taylor if you think Alexander will be around.

SMadison29
07-29-2002, 04:47 PM
My RB rankings:

1-M.Faulk
2-S.Alexander
3-R.Williams
4-E.James
5-A.Green
6-C.Martin
7-C.Dillon
8-A.Thomas
9-F.Taylor
10-L.Tomlinson-bust, oline not improved, 7 of 10 TDs came in first 5 weeks
11-E.George
12-S.Davis
13-P.Holmes-fluke?
14-T.Davis
15-J.Bettis
16-D.McAllister
17-G.Hearst
18-J.Lewis
19-A.Smith
20-M.Bennett

booyeah, I wouldnt rank Charlie Garner that high because the new coach prefers the power running game, so Wheatley & Crockett will be used more this year & still take the goalline TDs away from him.

Phinmaster1354
07-29-2002, 05:04 PM
gree with you on HOLMES he scares me now that teams will be prepared for him!! Now he's come another CRUCIAL QUESTION??? What about QB's??? What about VICK? Any other sleeper QB's?? In our league you get double points if the QB runs in td's!! So what about QUINCY CARTER???:confused: