PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy rookie needs some draft advice

finbiz
08-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Ok I've never done fantasy football before, but took over this team in a keeper league. We get to protect 5 guys and my team is

QB: B Johnson
RB: L Tomlinson
WR: T Holt, S Smith, J Horn

There's 10 teams in the league and everyone has protected 2 RB I decided to not protect C Martin. Most of the top guys are already protected. Only top ones remaining are
QB: T Green, Brad,y and one of either Hasselbeck or McNabb might be available (unless the team protects both qbs)
RB: M Faulk, T Henry

I've got the 2nd last pick in the draft. My question is how I should draft my remaining players. Obviously if, Faulk is around I take him 1st. But what if he's gone, how do ppl usually draft in these keeper leagues when they already have 2 RBs? Do I take the best RB remaining regardless or should I upgrade QB?
Also when are TE usually taken? Is Winslow worth taking earlier? Gonzalez and Shockey are protected already.

any advice would be helpful
thanks
Jason

MikeO
08-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Your in a complicated league, what I would do is take the best player available. Even if its not a need position you can always trade that person and pick up a need position.

If its a Keeper league someone like Travis Henry is very valuable. Since NEXT year he won't be in Buffalo and will be a featured back somehwhere. You gotta think long-term and short-term in the league you are in.

finbiz
08-31-2004, 02:35 AM
Well, Henry is now protected, and so are McNabb and Hasselbeck.

T Green is available.
The RBs remaining are T Barber, C Martin, TJ Duckett, T Jones, E George, L Suggs, W Green

Who's the best out of these?

Is Stephen Jackson worth taking?

thanks

Jwcolour
08-31-2004, 04:33 PM
T Green is usually pretty solid even though he doesn't really have any great targets other than Tony Gonz...

Tiki Barber in my oppinion is an underachiever...he fumbles alot and doesn't find the endzone a whole lot. Curtis is ehhh okay, TJ Duckett will split time as he did last year but he is a goalline back and will get a decent amount of Touchdowns.....E George is okay I dont see him losing too much time to Julius Jones but he really wasn't spectacular last year. Lee Suggs looked absolutely great in the scrimmages they had against the bills but i don't know much on his situation....

MikeO
09-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Yes, Take Stephen Jackson!!!!! Faulk won't be with the Rams after this year

Jwcolour
09-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Oooh i didn't even see that stephen jackson thing...definitely if hes still there

Al13
09-02-2004, 07:41 PM
tj duckett would be a nice pickup too

finbiz
09-02-2004, 08:31 PM
The problem is I need a 2nd starting RB. ONly got LT right now. Everyone else has 2 RB protected. The guys available most likely will be sharing time. Should I just take a RB with my first 2 or 3 picks and hope one of them is a starter? Is Kevin Jones or Thomas Jones good enough to be starter? C Martin and T Barber would be good, but they didn't have a good TD year last year.