PDA

View Full Version : Merged 2x: Prosecutor to Drop Rape Charge Against Kobe Bryant/Kobes Free

dolphan39
09-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Prosecutor to Drop Rape Charge Against Kobe Bryant (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20040901/ts_nm/nba_crime_bryant_dc)

Prosecutors in the Kobe Bryant rape case will ask a judge on Wednesday to drop the rape charge against the basketball player, a source close to the case said.
good news for Laker fans and pre-LB Sprite drinkers

TheAnswer385
09-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Kobe's charges where all droped so his case is over with done finsihed. wat a joke :eek:

paq7512
09-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Just saw this on the news. What a joke you are right. The women was money hungry. You all have seen his wife. He is not desperate. Any women would sleep with him. That is a fact.

nepaica
09-01-2004, 11:29 PM
He should be sharing a cell with OJ and Ray Lewis.

LtDan
09-01-2004, 11:30 PM
He should be sharing a cell with OJ and Ray Lewis.
NO! Those two should be in Solitary, Kobe at worst in general public though I think the girl was a willing participant.

D-Fence
09-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Wow! Unbelievable! First OJ now Kobe! You can get away with anything in this country if you got the money/lawyers.

Noodle Arm
09-01-2004, 11:41 PM
well according to the news the case was dropped because blondie refused to testify on the stand though her lawyers wanted her to. The Civil case is still moving foward though.

LtDan
09-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Wow! Unbelievable! First OJ now Kobe! You can get away with anything in this country if you got the money/lawyers.
Whatever! Girl wanted sex with Kobe. Can't tell me a young superstar had to force himself on her. She got some, then figured she'd go after the $$. Thus the reason she won't testify but is going for the $$ in a civil suit!

SuperFin34
09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
I cant believe people actually thought this girl went to his hotel room at 2 in the morining for anything but sex!

Kamikaze
09-02-2004, 12:40 AM
In a rape case, if the alleged victim refuses to testify, the case has absolutely no legs. No different here.

As for my opinion, she saw an opportunity to frame a rape and a chance to cash in on a rich man. She's also known to have been in questionable mental health, and no doubt this could have been part of it. This should serve as a warning to all men, rich or of more humble financial status, that you should be careful where to stick your unit. As for Kobe, he is a moron of morons for cheating on his wife for some insane one night stand (both the woman and the act itself).

um_canes02
09-02-2004, 09:56 AM
have you seen this girl? pretty ugly compared to kobe's dime of a wife. i dont know why he did it MORON.

Philter25
09-02-2004, 10:16 AM
man, anyone read the Kobe articles today in the paper?

his apology statement can easily be translated into "yea I raped her, my bad"

I cant believe he had his lawyer read that statement after the charges were dropped saying how he could see how she could view it as rape

Another sad OJ story. They should get together and write a book "How to get away with your crime(s)."

Philter25
09-02-2004, 10:59 AM
man, anyone read the Kobe articles today in the paper?

his apology statement can easily be translated into "yea I raped her, my bad":shakeno:

I cant believe he had his lawyer read that statement after the charges were dropped saying how he could see how she could view it as rape

Another sad OJ story. They should get together and write a book "How we got away with it.....MUAHAHA":roflmao:

I think the case was dropped because the girls credibility was going to be attacked and questioned. She and the prosecution knew she couldnt win.

Kobe basically said he did it in his statement.

I dont know why, his wife is superhot.

paq7512
09-02-2004, 12:34 PM
You are right that is what it seemed liked. Though the accuser did not drop the civil court case? Huh, just what I thought, was it for the money?

dolphan39
09-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Wow! Unbelievable! First OJ now Kobe! You can get away with anything in this country if you got the money/lawyers. only if you listen to them ;)

Philter25
09-02-2004, 12:39 PM
I dont know what to think about it

The whole time I thought It was about the money. I would say "look at kobe bryant, what chick wouldnt want to take it from him." (ps im not gay) Her filing the civil case WAS definately for money and put a tarnish on her case. Her sexual history would have discredited her and it would have been her word against Kobes, and we all know Kobe would have won.

After Kobe's statement though today, man he should not have said that. He basically admitted guilt and admitted she would receive a big fat check once the civil case was over. Bad public move for Kobe in my eyes.

I dont know if she got raped, I think he might have gotten a little rough with her and she didnt like it.

SMadison29
09-03-2004, 12:34 AM
& I was right from the beginning. He'd get off. Just like some of you already said, it was/is all about the money.

Prime Time
09-03-2004, 11:46 AM
I hate haters. They know Kobe didn't do it but will say he did just to piss him off and get a rise from him. Comparing him to OJ...:nono:

MOULDSROCKS
09-04-2004, 12:40 AM
He mad that statement in order to get his freedom. The chick refused to testify b/c she's a lying hack. They dropped the case b/c they had nothing but made him sign an apology before they did it to save face.

Kobe was right to do it to. It was a no-brainer. Why would you trust your freedom and liberty to 12 strangers?

MOULDSROCKS
09-04-2004, 12:41 AM
BTW she is now willing to testify in the civil case, she just didn't want to in the criminal case.

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Bling
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Kobe didn't rape her, but you question how smart the man is. He's a dumb man for not realizing he would get rape allegations for something like that.

I also wonder how much his wife really loves him. She didn't seem like she cared that he's screwing another women.