PDA

View Full Version : Merged: ***HURRICANE WARNING for East Coast Of Florida***(info Inside)

SWS84
09-01-2004, 08:55 PM
(fellow fans, Dolphins and their families, and our media friends) later this week and weekend who are in the path of Frances. As it stands now, Frances will go just to the right of where I live (St. Cloud, Fl). I know many of you who live South and around me, will experience the same or worse than me and my family. We learned from Charley and Andrew that these things shouldn't be taken lightly. Please take care and be safe!

Thoughts and Prayers!

Steve (and family)

Chefs
09-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Be safe

Gr8BambinoTy
09-01-2004, 09:01 PM
you have the prayers of everyone here in VA!

finzfan4life
09-01-2004, 09:12 PM
you have the prayers of everyone here in VA!
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and it looks like we are gonna get slammed. I thank all of you for your prayers. And i want to send my prayers to all the people in my area and other areas that are gonna be affected by this storm.

Sirspud
09-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Being on the east side of Polk Country, I got a good deal of Charley and still haven't even come clsoe to pickign up all the downed trees on our property. This one definitley concerns me because it is much bigger and could be much stronger, but I think it is less likely we will get hit directly. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. It's too bad this couldn't land in Foxboro or Buffalo, j/k, I don't want anyone to get a category 5 (potentially).

R_t_Kraken
09-01-2004, 09:18 PM
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and it looks like we are gonna get slammed. I thank all of you for your prayers. And i want to send my prayers to all the people in my area and other areas that are gonna be affected by this storm.

I live about an hour away from Lauderdale, in Martin. I'll be getting out of town though by Friday night, good luck with the storm, be safe. I hope my place survives. :eek:

Bonedoc7777
09-01-2004, 09:38 PM
good luck from philly

citripia
09-01-2004, 09:59 PM
(fellow fans, Dolphins and their families, and our media friends) later this week and weekend who are in the path of Frances. As it stands now, Frances will go just to the right of where I live (St. Cloud, Fl). I know many of you who live South and around me, will experience the same or worse than me and my family. We learned from Charley and Andrew that these things shouldn't be taken lightly. Please take care and be safe!

Thoughts and Prayers!

Steve (and family)

I send a Hello from Mexico to all of you, I hope you will be ok, I praye for all the Fans and pepole of Floriada....

tomas101
09-01-2004, 10:16 PM
actually it looks like dade and broward will get hit but not as bad...actually tampa and orlando is gonna get slammed bad :(....its gonna suck...but good luck all...i'm right on the border of palm beach and broward so we will get the end of the core hurricane

knight6jb
09-01-2004, 10:19 PM
I got alot of it from Charlie here in Orlando, but looks like this one is gonna be even worse. Thanx for the prayers, I'll be praying for everyone else out there. good luck and be safe everyone!

finzfan4life
09-01-2004, 10:23 PM
actually it looks like dade and broward will get hit but not as bad...actually tampa and orlando is gonna get slammed bad :(....its gonna suck...but good luck all...i'm right on the border of palm beach and broward so we will get the end of the core hurricane
Actually latest model has eye goign right over palm beach, broward line. Broward and palm beach will get slammed. Good luck to you and all in the affected areas.

Dolfan73
09-01-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm in west palm. IMO it's gonna slam right into us. We havent taken a direct hit in almost 60 years.

qplk11
09-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't live in S Florida but I have family and loved ones (including my fellow dolfans) who do. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Medieval954
09-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, I live in Broward county and having "survived" Andrew back in 1992, I'm definitely concerned, knowing what's going to happen where/when it hits. God bless all of you who may be affected and I pray all goes well.

stork48
09-01-2004, 11:17 PM
im in atlanta now but was down there during andrew. still have close family in palm beach. they said tonight that this was freaking everyone out down there. take cover u guys and remember material possesions can be replaced, you cant!!

LtDan
09-01-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm up here in the FL Panhandle and did Opal back in '95. She wasn't as bad as Charlie and as this current one is shaping up to but they aren;t to be taken lightly! Good luck to all and hope she makes a turn and bee-lines up the Jet land or Patsy-ville. Of course after getting weak so she just gives them a buttload of rain!

fin-atic
09-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm in West Palm Beach. We are hoping for the best.

Fireagle89
09-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Ya good luck everyone...im in Boca Raton.....im hoping for the best here too....i hope it veers to the carolinas...sorry if theres anyone from carolina in here....well we will talk after the power gets fixed sunday.

Jeep
09-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Good luck to everyone from California. I hope the storm makes a sudden right turn and goes harmlessly away from you guys..

Living in California.. I have been in many many earthquakes.. even the Loma Preta Quake that struck during the world series.. Us natives are not afraid of quakes. we're just afraid of "the big one". Which will eventually come..

But I was wondering.. If someone could describe what a Hurricane is like? specially the Class 4 or 5 hurricanes.. I know there is lots of wind and lots of rain and those near the beaches can expect high tides... but could someone describe to us virgins what it is like going thru one?

Thanks and best wishes to all of you!!

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 01:14 AM

Well, take this into account, that Andrew was way north of this storm at this time. And at some point it was supposed to hit North Broward, South Palm Beach Counties. BUT INSTEAD it ended up 100 miles south of that. Almost exactly TWO COUNTIES! Right down my street. Every window in my house were blown out due to a tree putting a hole in my roof. My house was borded up tight, so anyone who may be in the path of Francis, DO NOT TAKE THIS THING LIGHTLY. I thought to myself back then that it was going to be kind of fun, and was never so scared in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I'm typing this, I'm watching an update. There is a ridge of two high pressure systems joining together to form one ridge so this is more likely going to be a little more south than projected.

Phinsfan1980
09-02-2004, 01:20 AM
I would like to say good luck to everyone in FL that will be affected by the hurricane. I live in Iowa (the land of cows) and hope that everyone stays safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.:)

TerryTate
09-02-2004, 01:29 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/09/spec_trop2_720x486-1.jpg

If anybody wishes to give updates on the track of Hurricane Frances, as it affects at least a thousand people registered on this message board, please do so in this thread, graphics are cool too as long as they arent giant pictures, and if they are, just link them instead. I will be migrating to Coral Springs, FL overnight tonight. The storm could still hit there dead-on, but I am going to help my family put up the shutters and secure that house anyways. Anyways, our apartment complex was damaged so bad in Orlando that the complex told us that we should evacuate unless we have no place else to go, I'm fortunate enough where I have a place to go.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/011503W5.gif

Phinsfan1980
09-02-2004, 01:31 AM
best of luck to everyone caught in the hurricane. Our thoughts and prayers are with you from Iowa.

dolfan87
09-02-2004, 01:32 AM
My gosh, that storm looks like it is going to swallow Florida. Two hurricanes in two weeks? Not good.

Keep us updated!

darkmistress
09-02-2004, 01:33 AM
Goodluck everyone and keep safe...

TheAnswer385
09-02-2004, 01:36 AM
yes from me also :)

Rafiki
09-02-2004, 01:37 AM
They're saying that they are the worst back to back hurricanes in a century. Good luck and God bless.

burton87
09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Be safe.

FinFan Brazil
09-02-2004, 01:40 AM

Thoughts and Prayers!

Steve (and family)

good luck from Brasi....

muito samba pra vocÊ :D

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Good luck to everyone from California. I hope the storm makes a sudden right turn and goes harmlessly away from you guys..

Living in California.. I have been in many many earthquakes.. even the Loma Preta Quake that struck during the world series.. Us natives are not afraid of quakes. we're just afraid of "the big one". Which will eventually come..

But I was wondering.. If someone could describe what a Hurricane is like? specially the Class 4 or 5 hurricanes.. I know there is lots of wind and lots of rain and those near the beaches can expect high tides... but could someone describe to us virgins what it is like going thru one?

Thanks and best wishes to all of you!!

Well imagine having a solid 2 inch thick wooden front door, and all of a sudden it starts shaking, then you see that it is bowing inwards, not a little bow either, more like to the point that it might break.
Imagine hearing the loudest howling, almost ear piercing sound that lasts thruout the whole time. Imagine things flying thru the air, pounding off of your roof the whole time. Imagine a huge tree slamming on top of your house, tearing a hole into it. Imagine the wind now slamming thru your attic, bringing with it lots of water! Imagine your windows now shaking from the inside out, and breaking, sending glass flying thru the house. Imagine feeling like your head is being pressed in a vise, and your joints hurting all over, all due to the drastic drop in barametric pressure. Now imagine yourself sitting in your bathroom, sitting on your toilet, or in your tub...................PRAYING TO GOD FOR IT TO END!!!!!

All this is just a short part of my memories from Andrew, and if you need some more just let me know.

;)

Icer
09-02-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm in Miami too, good luck everyone.

Damn Hurricanes

Medieval954
09-02-2004, 01:48 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/09/strm6_strike_720x486-1.jpg

DDTDON
09-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Good Luck,

you are in our prayers

Phinsfan1980
09-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Wow she looks menacing. Good Luck FL. :yikes: :couch:

Medieval954
09-02-2004, 01:57 AM
I still have bad memories of this...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/09/Hurricane_Andrew-1.jpg

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 02:15 AM
I still have bad memories of this...

The northern eye wall went right thru my hood, no break at all. Where the pic says eye movement, look due west from the very point of the arrow. You cant read it, but the thicker line above the red directly to the west of that point says Cutler Ridge, well the next blurry line above it is my street.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ZOD
09-02-2004, 02:17 AM
All the recent rain combine with that last tropical storm "Gaston" has us infested with Mosquitos right now.

As if it were not bad enough already. :lol:

MACKMARK007
09-02-2004, 02:21 AM
best of luck to everyone, i was there for andrew and it was no joke, please stay close to your families and my prayers will be there for you!!!!!

R_t_Kraken
09-02-2004, 02:22 AM
I'll be on my way to Panama City in another 20 minutes here. Good luck to everybody on the east coast...especially the people ballzy enough to stay with their homes.

ZOD
09-02-2004, 02:24 AM
They're saying that they are the worst back to back hurricanes in a century. Good luck and God bless.

With that "back to back" comment you reminded me of the "waterworld" article. If you've never seen the article-it's an awesome read. I don't mean to scare anyone but the writer brings to life an interesting if not factual account of "what could be".

Check it out.

http://www.everglades.org/022004.html

Medieval954
09-02-2004, 02:33 AM
Yeah, I'm just north of the Dade-Broward line and it was scary enough up here during Andrew. Watching glass bend on my windows, hearing that ear-piercing howling wind like you mentioned, and looking at these weird colors in the clouds...never forget that. It was 100 times worse only 40 miles south of me too :eek:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/1992andfig6-1.jpg

I don't know how you survived.

MarksBrothers85
09-02-2004, 02:36 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow dolfans who are in the path Frances. Get out of there safely!

Muck
09-02-2004, 02:38 AM
I've read that waterworld article. It's crazy because that's where I grew up. And the house I grew up in made it through both Hurricanes in the '20s (although it didn't remain in the same place).

It's pretty scarry to think we could get two catastraphic hurricanes in two weeks. I hope my family's homes are alright.

MarksBrothers85
is it slated to be a category 4 or 5 for landfall?

marke27
good luck everyone down there in florida--i guess there is actually one good reason to live in wisconsin

Clumpy
09-02-2004, 02:59 AM
Hunker down y'all :up:

ZOD
09-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Anything happening in the Gulf that may push it north?

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Yeah, thats a good picture, look and see where it says SW 184th ST, well my street address is - - - - SW 186th ST. You can see that my hood did not have the break that the passing eye gives you, we had the whole northern wall.

CCMiamiDolphins
09-02-2004, 03:28 AM
Good luck guys

Disnardo
09-02-2004, 05:52 AM
:pray: "Before a Midnight Breaks in Storm"

Before a midnight breaks in storm,
Or herded sea in wrath,
Ye know what wavering gusts inform
The greater tempest's path;
Till the loosed wind
Drive all from mind,
Except Distress, which, so will prophets cry,
O'ercame them, houseless, from the unhinting sky.

Ere rivers league against the land
In piratry of flood,
Ye know what waters steal and stand
Where seldom water stood.
Yet who will note,
Till fields afloat,
And washen carcass and the returning well,
Trumpet what these poor heralds strove to tell?

Ye know who use the Crystal Ball
(To peer by stealth on Doom),
The Shade that, shaping first of all,
Prepares an empty room.
Then doth It pass
Like breath from glass,
But, on the extorted Vision bowed intent,
No man considers why It came or went.

Before the years reborn behold
Themselves with stranger eye,
And the sport-making Gods of old,
Like Samson slaying, die,
Many shall hear
The all-pregnant sphere,
Bow to the birth and sweat, but--speech denied--
Sit dumb or--dealt in part--fall weak and wide.

Yet instant to fore-shadowed need
The eternal balance swings;
That winged men, the Fates may breed
So soon as Fate hath wings.
These shall possess
Our littleness,
And in the imperial task (as worthy) lay
Up our lives' all to piece one giant Day.

Rudyard Kipling

Good luck to all in its path... :pray: :pray:

girlphan
09-02-2004, 08:35 AM
May God Bless all of you and keep you safe. Our prayers are with you.

inFINSible
09-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Anything happening in the Gulf that may push it north?nope, not a thing....*edit* it actually looks like a big catchers' mitt sitting right over the Gulf.

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 08:56 AM
My grandmother and uncle are in Stuart and my aunt and family in Vero Beach. I pray that God keeps them and all of you safe through the storm. Good luck to all... :pray:

inFINSible
09-02-2004, 09:07 AM
I have a friend and his family that are leaving Stuart today if it doesn't show some signs of turning north...they are coming over here.

May not be much better here but, it would be better.

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 09:12 AM
I have a friend and his family that are leaving Stuart today if it doesn't show some signs of turning north...they are coming over here.

May not be much better here but, it would be better.
According to the last projection I saw on TV it looked like it was supposed to come ashore right around Stuart. My father spoke with them last night and they werent sure what they were going to do. He said to get the heck out of dodge... get on a plane and go somewhere. Hopefully they left today.

fin-atic
09-02-2004, 09:15 AM
On behalf of me and my family we thank all of you. As I said we live in the West Palm Beach area and as of Thursday morning appear to be right in the path. We considered evacuating, but to where? This thing looks like there will really be no place in the state that will be spared. I have family in Tampa but it looks like it will hit them as well and it will still be a very formidable storm. I checked for hotels two days ago and there is nothing to be found.
We are lucky in the fact that our house is newer (since Andrew) and is well built concrete block. I have few if any trees in our neighborhood.

So with it all considered, it looks like we are bunkered in for the duration. I am a native and I know about storms. It's not fun, its not exciting, its scary as hell. Especialy with a wife and kids to protect.

Thanks for the prayers and we will be in touch.

Fin-atic, Mrs. Fin-atic, and little Fin-atic

Clumpy
09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
:(

inFINSible
09-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Good luck Fin-atic....Buy a generator.....;)

ZOD
09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
All these images......

After ripping the caribbean to shreads with 200 mph winds, I think Hurricane David in 1979 was a category three by the time it got to South Carolina. It cut a swath across the eastern seaboard of the US.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/09/davidtrack-1.gif

We all thought it was going to be like that again in 1989. Boy were we wrong. :eek:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

PhinPhreak
09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
I also want to wish all of you good luck and safety, I am holding out hope for you that it's going to take a detour before it gets to the mainland.

PhinKev
09-02-2004, 10:15 AM
I live in northern Palm Beach County. Took a moment to check the site as I board my home. Thanks for all the prayers. We are going to need it.

NaboCane
09-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Well imagine having a solid 2 inch thick wooden front door, and all of a sudden it starts shaking, then you see that it is bowing inwards, not a little bow either, more like to the point that it might break.
Imagine hearing the loudest howling, almost ear piercing sound that lasts thruout the whole time. Imagine things flying thru the air, pounding off of your roof the whole time. Imagine a huge tree slamming on top of your house, tearing a hole into it. Imagine the wind now slamming thru your attic, bringing with it lots of water! Imagine your windows now shaking from the inside out, and breaking, sending glass flying thru the house. Imagine feeling like your head is being pressed in a vise, and your joints hurting all over, all due to the drastic drop in barametric pressure. Now imagine yourself sitting in your bathroom, sitting on your toilet, or in your tub...................PRAYING TO GOD FOR IT TO END!!!!!

All this is just a short part of my memories from Andrew, and if you need some more just let me know.

;)At the time I lived in The Hammocks, just north of the Tamiami Airport. I can relate, although Cutler Ridge got it worse.

That's why it makes me sad when I hear people minimize these things - say they're not so bad, that people exaggerate their experiences.

What you described - hunkering in an interior bathroom praying while windows smashed all around, hearing chunks of your roof ripped out - that's exactly right. You can read the words here and never imagine what it's like when it's YOUR roof, your family hunkered.

Think you're an athiest? You find your God real fast just then.

Colin311
09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Just wanted all of the Miami area ppl know ya'll are in my prayers. And lets hope that the Saints/Miami game will be played. We all know how critical this last pre-season game is to both teams.

^Saintsfan

Denverfinfan
09-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Best of luck from Denver

Dredd1050
09-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Ditto for me as well. All of you be careful down there and take whatever measures you need to be safe.

3P
09-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I actually have fond memories of hurricanes from my childhood.... how sick is that?

I'm from SE Virginia, and the biggest hurricane I've been in was down to I believe catagory 3 borderline 4. I will admit that that was scarey for me, I can only imagine a 4 or borderline 5. For the most part, we got catagory 2 or 3 storms that didn't do a whole lot of damage. School usually got cancelled, and the power occasionally went out for a few days. I always thought of it kind of like a camping trip.

For those interested in what it's like, the howling definatly gets to you. Mind you I've never been in a mid-high 4 let alone a 5. I remember seeing the little tree in my front yard bent in half with the top touching the ground. A WHOLE lot of rain, some flooding (a lot of SE Virginia is below sea level), and the occasional trash can/fence/loose object flying by.

I hope you guys all make it through OK.

FireWrongstedt
09-02-2004, 12:33 PM
I've got relatives in South Florida so I've been thinking about this a lot. The area is like a second home to me. My prayers and safe wishes to all you guys down there.

BengalsFan
09-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Best of luck to all of those down in Florida.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 12:56 PM
:shakeno: I move from Miami to O-Town, and I have to deal with 2 Hurricanes this year. Go figure.
Anybody out there from O-Town?
** Like it wasn't enough that tomorrow's game won't be televised up here, huh?? **:shakeno:

MadisoNxSurtaiN
09-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Does it look like the Miami Hurricanes game this saturday will get cancelled?

FinsFan74
09-02-2004, 01:02 PM
The Hurricanes game isn't until Monday night

BassFin
09-02-2004, 01:04 PM
:shakeno: I move from Miami to O-Town, and I have to deal with 2 Hurricanes this year. Go figure.
Anybody out there from O-Town?
** Like it wasn't enough that tomorrow's game won't be televised up here, huh?? **:shakeno:

Right here with ya man. I moved from South Florida 2 years ago. I was in high school in Hollywood when Andrew hit. I'm taking off to the west coast tonight or tomorrow and then to the panhandle.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Right here with ya man. I moved from South Florida 2 years ago. I was in high school in Hollywood when Andrew hit. I'm taking off to the west coast tonight or tomorrow and then to the panhandle.
What area do you live in??

FlyingElvis
09-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Just wanted all of the Miami area ppl know ya'll are in my prayers.
Same here. Hope the big guy upstairs takes care of all Floridians.

Football has little meaning stacked up against what Mother Nature appears to be bringing. :(

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Does it look like the Miami Hurricanes game this saturday will get cancelled?

They prosponed it for Sept. 11th.
Thank god because I probably won't have electricity until then.:cry:

FinsFan74
09-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Much appreciated Elvis.....very cool too

DolfanISS
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
All Miami residents are in my prayers as well. Be safe down there!!

BassFin
09-02-2004, 01:14 PM
What area do you live in??

Near Longwood. About 10 minutes from Downtown Orlando off I-4.

legendary137
09-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone down here in south florida and all over florida as we brace for this hurricane. I pray for everyone who will be affected by this hurricane and hope we can all share our stories after this passes.

Agua
09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
If that thing makes a direct hit on you, lack of electricity will be way down on your list of concerns, and you won't have electricity by then even if you have a wall socket to plug anything in to.

_dan24
09-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Hold Me!?

_dan24
09-02-2004, 01:17 PM
MERGE

Thanks man, its gonna be a big one......

http://intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=StormCenter&prodgrp=TrackingCharts&product=HurTrack1&prodnav=none&pid=none

Dolfan73
09-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Orlando will get slammed...I'm in the direct path myself...I live just west of interstate 95 in west palm beach. Its heading straight towards me.

BassFin
09-02-2004, 01:21 PM
They don't have a clue where this thing will hit. We probably won't know until 12 to 6 hours before landfall.
Here in Central Florida they make it sound like it's headed straight for us. Then my family down south say the news is saying it's gonna hit somewhere in Palm Beach or Broward county. I think they just want everyone to be prepared.
This storm is bad news. Twice the size of Andrew and just as powerful. It's gonna be scary....

Phinman84
09-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Good luck to all of you. From Colorado.

dreamz4fins
They don't have a clue where this thing will hit. We probably won't know until 12 to 6 hours before landfall.
Here in Central Florida they make it sound like it's headed straight for us. Then my family down south say the news is saying it's gonna hit somewhere in Palm Beach or Broward county. I think they just want everyone to be prepared.
This storm is bad news. Twice the size of Andrew and just as powerful. It's gonna be scary....

Well, it's also big enough to hit all of us.:shakeno:

#84Fan4Life
You people won't get it near as bad as I will. I live just west of US 1 in Vero Beach. Just for your information they are saying that the eye of the hurricane (and the worst winds) will pass directly over us here sometime tommorrow.

Anyway good luck to all that are in the path of the storm.

BassFin
09-02-2004, 01:31 PM
You people won't get it near as bad as I will. I live just west of US 1 in Vero Beach. Just for your information they are saying that the eye of the hurricane (and the worst winds) will pass directly over us here sometime tommorrow.

Anyway good luck to all that are in the path of the storm.

Good luck to you too man. If you are told to evacuate, please listen.

I hope everyone makes it through this OK!

72dolfan
09-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Good luck from Hilton Head SC. You will be in our prayers.

My father lived in Homestead (my home town) when Andrew came through and that was one hell of a storm.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE!!!!

paq7512
09-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah man. Good luck to all and I hope all are safe.

knight6jb
09-02-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm from Orlando too. THis sux I didnt have power for 8 days cause of Charlie, and now 2 weeks later a bigger one. By the way I'm around UCF area. Good luck to everyone else that will get hit, and be safe!

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

Hurricane Party At My House!!:d

Fresh
09-02-2004, 01:49 PM
What are they saying about Miami(Dade/Broward) right now?

phunwin
09-02-2004, 01:59 PM
They prosponed it for Sept. 11th.
Thank god because I probably won't have electricity until then.:cry:

I don't mean to sound insensitive about the larger issue here, since people's lives and homes are significantly more important than a football game, but I've checked a few different places, and so far, there's been no confirmation that it's been cancelled. Do you have a link?

phunwin
09-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Here's what the weather channel is projecting for the storm path:

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm6/index_large.html?from=home

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:01 PM
I don't mean to sound insensitive about the larger issue here, since people's lives and homes are significantly more important than a football game, but I've checked a few different places, and so far, there's been no confirmation that it's been cancelled. Do you have a link?
Yes, let me find it for you. I actually saw it in the Orlando Sentinel. Given the state of emergency from Miami to Gainsville and Jacksonville, I wouldn't even be asking for a link buddy, but let me see if they have one on their website.

Agua
09-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Good luck. It's an awfully isolated feeling when that first feeder band comes over. You guys have got an historic storm on your hands. I don't think you'll be doing much partying when it comes in.

Down here on the coast, the locals split their lives into "before Camille" and "after Camille". It will change the social and ecnomic landscape of wherever it lands for a long time; e.g., no jobs to go back to.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Here is one; This one says it's not certain, common man??
I read in the OS it was prosponed until Sept.11th
http://www.wftv.com/sports/3701968/detail.html

carolinafinatic
09-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Experienced Hugo in '89 so my concerns are with everybody in the path of this monster storm. My father-in-law is in FL cleaning up from Charlie. Looks like he'll be there for a while to come after this one.

Be safe and please evacuate if told to do so. This is not force to be played with.

pdonavant
09-02-2004, 02:10 PM
I live here in Richmond and we had to deal with Isabel last year and that was nowhere the strength of Frances. My prayers are with you all. Good Luck!

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:11 PM
I live here in Richmond and we had to deal with Isabel last year and that was nowhere the strength of Frances. My prayers are with you all. Good Luck!
Thank you for all your blessings;)

phunwin
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the update. I checked the OS, the Herald, the PB post, and the UM sports website and so far, no news. But it sounds like the ADs at the two schools will meet today, so we'll have a decision by the evening.

In any event, best of luck to everyone in Florida. As much as I hate the weather here in Upstate NY, I feel lucky not to have to worry about this stuff. I think the worst weather-related thing that's happened to me was having to sleep in my car on the NYS Thruway when I was driving home and it was shut down in a snowstorm.

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 02:12 PM
A graphic on CNN showed this b!tch being the size of Texas. :shakeno:

Some projections have it going through the whole state. I'm in NY and this b!tch is scaring me... As I said before please pray for my family in Vero and Stuart and I will do the same for all of you. :(

darkoak
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Good luck you guys! It's one of those ying yang things living in Florida isn't it, and from the sounds of things it's about as yang as it can get. Move on up to the Pacific North-west it's much safer up here.

BengalsFan
Good luck to everyone in the path of this storm. Be safe.

Danny
I live in kissimmee and have been here since 81 and we never had anything hit us in all that time. Now we get 2 in 3 weeks. Is amazing!! I don't wanna go without power for 9 days again but I know we have more things to worry about. Good luck to everyone and don't try to be a hero, stay safe. Btw,there goes the Ozzfest in West Palm for me.

Ozzy rules!!

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the update. I checked the OS, the Herald, the PB post, and the UM sports website and so far, no news. But it sounds like the ADs at the two schools will meet today, so we'll have a decision by the evening.

In any event, best of luck to everyone in Florida. As much as I hate the weather here in Upstate NY, I feel lucky not to have to worry about this stuff. I think the worst weather-related thing that's happened to me was having to sleep in my car on the NYS Thruway when I was driving home and it was shut down in a snowstorm.
Dude, I'm from Astoria originally. My best friend moved down here from the NY a month ago and already is having to experience Charley and now this. She is freaking out. Driving me crazy!!;)

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
This b!tch is as big as Texas... literally. Get the heck out of dodge, and pray for my family... I will do the same for you all.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
This b!tch is as big as Texas... literally. Get the heck out of dodge, and pray for my family... I will do the same for you all.
Is that you freakin out??:roflmao:

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Is that you freakin out??:roflmao:
:lol: I assume you mean my avatar. No, I live in Buffalo, but I have relatives in Vero and Stuart.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
:lol: I assume you mean my avatar. No, I live in Buffalo, but I have relatives in Vero and Stuart.:roflmao: That avatar is classic!!
Who is that??

09-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Have you Floridians considered trying a human sacrifice to appease the hurricane Gods? I hear Ricky Williams is free.

But seriously, best of luck to all of you in the path. I have absolutely no idea of how horrific that must be. (and I hope it stays that way)

09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
:roflmao: That avatar is classic!!
Who is that??

Clumpy.

dreamz4fins
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Here's a better link about the UM game:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/09/02/a1b_hurricane_0902.html

inFINSible
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Clumpy.
he was just minding has own business and..... :roflmao:

dj911
09-02-2004, 03:13 PM
i lived in bradenton fla 33 yrs it's home to i have lived in va for 5 yrs moving back in march .had to say praying for u guys please be safe and good luck to my florida family out there and does anyone know if tommarows game is still on .
proud to be a floridian
proud to be a fin fan

AmishJihad
09-02-2004, 03:15 PM
:roflmao: That avatar is classic!!
Who is that??
I guess its from a video on ebaumsworld.. I actually snagged it from a poster on the Cards site..... :D

dj911
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
hey i lived in bradenton,fla all my life until 5 yrs ago moving back in march bradenton is 45 mils south of tampa just wanted to know if there in danger there if anyone knows and if tommarow nites game is still on good luck to everyone and i'll be thinking of you guys

phunwin
09-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Just got official word: UM-FSU has been moved to Friday, 9/10. Here's the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2900832

Prime Time
09-02-2004, 06:12 PM
I am worried about this hurricane and we will get hit Friday Night according to the news. I lived through Andrew in Kendall and I still have memories of it even though I was young. Everyone take care and wish me luck :(

Brad528
09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Hope all of you listen and get out of the area. As many Dolphin's haters there are in the world i wouldnt want to lose any of you real fans. BE Safe and smart

LostInPatsLand
09-02-2004, 08:08 PM
I wish for everyone in Florida to stay well.

(I guess it's not always a bad thing to live in Massachusetts).

Ozzy
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM

Well, the thing about this Hurricane that's scary is that it is slowing down. It would have to turn into a Cat 5 to be as powerfull as Andrew, which had measured winds of over 207 miles and hour in three places. The National Hurricane Center refused to recognize them because the instritments broke shortly afterwards. What's the scariest about Francis in Comparison to Andrew is that Andrew was here and gone in something like 4-5 hours. When Francis hits land it might do even more damage because it will be sustained winds for what they say, could be 12 hours!!!

If this thing get to a Cat 5..........wow!

THE FEELING YOU GET FROM THE DROP IN BARAMETRIC PRESSURE IS EARY ENOUGH, BUT MAN, FOR 12 HOURS IS REDICULOUS!

NCDolphan
09-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Be Safe, We in Raleigh NC will a wait our tornadoes that occur from this monster. Thoughts and Prayers go out to all affected By Charlie, and hopes that no one will be affected by Frances.

Disnardo
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
While I was preparing for this Hurricane a while ago, I was humming an old Neil Sadaca song form the 70s.

Some of you might remember it, I think the tiltle was something like..."Boarding up, its hard to do"... or something like that... ;)

...and thanks for all your well wishes... I pray for those in Frances' sight...

salsaero32
09-02-2004, 09:22 PM
god bless you all

BlitPhinFan
09-02-2004, 09:29 PM
My family and I pray for all those in Florida. Be safe and don't play the heroe. Listen to the advisories and get out if they tell you to, please. :pray:

jtown777
09-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Please, everyone that will be affected, leave the area if at all possible. Your homes and properties can be replcaed. YOU CAN"T BE. Do whatever is neccessary to keep yourself and your families (and pets) safe.

Best wishes from Riverside California.

Peebs
09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
To all the south florida peeps!

BE SAFE!!!

CanadaPhinsFan
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Best wishes to everyone in Florida. I hope the storm isn't half as bad as they're predicting.

CrunchTime
09-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Ive been through several hurricanes including Andrew.I an not in Fla now but my mother and sisters are in Ft Lauderdale.So keep safe.Its best to stay at home unless a storrm surge will affect you.

ZOD
09-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Is it just me or does this thing look like it's heading straight for the Okeechobee?

TerryTate
09-02-2004, 10:39 PM
new update will be coming out around 11 pm EST

raphinmx
09-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Best wishes to all you in Florida

LtDan
09-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Well the Bahamas knocked 15 MPH more off Frances. Down to 125 MPH, lets hope it weakens some more before hitting! She did slow down to 10 MPH moving speed though. That is not so good!

TerryTate
09-02-2004, 11:38 PM
125 mph max sustained winds, but thats probably temporary...

ChrisKo
09-03-2004, 01:35 AM
Any effects of it in FL yet? Has the rain moved in yet?

I wish everyone the best!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!

TerryTate
09-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Not yet...

down to 120 mph, but weakening may be just a sign of storm reorganizing itself...poising itself for further strengthening...

Danny
09-03-2004, 03:16 AM
I live in kissimmee and I can't believe we're gonna get slam again this soon after the last one.I'm worry about everything right now. Hope everyone makes it out of it ok. Good luck to all of you guys.

Ozzy rules!!

Agua
09-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Right now, looking a little better for FL. Maybe y'all dodged a bullet on this one.

BleedinGreenNC
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
good luck to you guys, i made a thread wishing you luck, so be careful.

DolFan31
09-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Its down to a CAT 2 now:

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/

Frances is still a dangerous hurricane but has (at least for the time being) weakened from the 145-mph Category 4 storm that it was on Thursday to a 105-mph Category 2 storm. Still, Frances continues to develop powerful convection (thunderstorms) around parts of its central core as it tries to rev up. There still is the distinct possibility that the hurricane could strengthen again.

The local media has created a false sense of security though. Note that both Andrew and Charley were storms that weakened then strengthened quick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Andrew

After briefly weakening over the Bahamas, Andrew regained Category 4 status as it blasted its way across south Florida on August 24. The hurricane continued westward into the Gulf of Mexico where it gradually turned northward. This motion brought Andrew to the central Louisiana coast on August 26 as a Category 3 hurricane. Andrew then turned northeastward, eventually merging with a frontal system over the Mid-Atlantic states on August 28.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Charley

The course Charley took at this time caught many by surprise. Instead of following the predicted track through the Tampa-St. Petersburg area, Charley made an abrupt turn to the northeast, heading for Fort Myers and Sanibel Island. This track was well within the official forecast's stated margin of error, and NHC forecaster intern Robbie Berg publicly blamed the media for misleading residents of areas further south.

At the same time as it turned, Charley rapidly strengthened, going from a Category 2 storm at 110 miles per hour (170 km/h) to a Category 4 storm at 145 miles per hour (235 km/h) in only three hours. This rapid intensification was outside the offical forecast, which called for only a slight strengthening before landfall.

Im not trying to scare, just trying to inform. Be prepared, be informed, be safe.

Prime Time
09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Well I g2g...everyone be safe...please. And go Fins! Take care yall :) :(

dolphingirl_vic
09-03-2004, 09:30 PM
I will pray for all of you, please pray for us,
we live in Palm Beach but we left for Tally on Thursday night. Hope all of you are ok,
--Victoria

FIN-IN-RI
09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Be safe y'all my prayers are with you.

TerryTate
09-03-2004, 11:53 PM
This is so aggravating that the storm stalled like this for all this time!!!! #@!*%!(!

DolFan31
09-04-2004, 12:15 AM
This is so aggravating that the storm stalled like this for all this time!!!! #@!*%!(!

I know it is. I hope it either hits and its over with, or it leaves and its over with. Since the first scenario is more likely, I hope it comes quick and gets out of here. Im tired of following this thing.

ZOD
09-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Frances Is A Strong Category Two Hurricane. Maximum Sustained Winds
Are Near 105 Mph...165 Km/hr...with Higher Gusts. Frances Is
Expected To Remain A Borderline Category Two/three Hurricane Until
Landfall.

Hurricane Force Winds Extend Outward Up To 105 Miles...165 Km...
From The Center...and Tropical Storm Force Winds Extend Outward Up
To 185 Miles...295 Km. Settlement Point In Grand Bahama Island Is
Currently Reporting Sustained Winds Of 75 Mph...115 Kph With Gusts
To 82 Mph...132 Km/hr...a Minimum Pressure Of 974.5 Mb... 28.78
Inches And Falling Rapidly.

Estimated Minimum Central Pressure Is 960 Mb...28.35 Inches.

Storm Surge Flooding Of 5 To 12 Feet Above Normal Tide Levels...
Along With Large And Dangerous Battering Waves...can Be Expected
Near The Center Of Frances On The North Side Of Grand Bahama
Island. Storm Surge Flooding Of 3 To 5 Feet Above Normal Tide
Levels Can Be Expected On The West Side Of The Other Islands Of The
Bahamas.

Coastal Storm Surge Flooding Of 4 To 6 Feet Above Normal Tide
Levels...along With Large And Dangerous Battering Waves...is
Expected Near And To The North Of Where The Center Makes Landfall
In Florida. Storm Surge Flooding Of 5 Feet Above Normal Levels Is
Expected In Lake Okeechobee. Along The Southwest Florida
Coast...storm Surge Flooding Of 1 To 3 Feet Above Normal Tide
Levels Is Expected South Of The Path Of Frances.

Storm Total Rainfall Amounts Could Reach 20 Inches In The Northwest
Bahamas. Rainfall Amounts Of 8 To 12 Inches...with Locally Higher
Amounts...are Expected Over The Florida Peninsula In Association
With Frances.

Swells Generated By Frances Are Affecting Portions Of The
Southeastern Coast Of The United States. These Swells Could Cause
Dangerous Surf And Rip Currents.

Prime Time
09-04-2004, 10:07 AM
I am also pissed that the storm is taking so long to hit. I want to get this crap over with. I turned my computer back on since it isn't hitting today at 2 like it was scheduled to. Now it is supposedly going to hit at 1 AM or so? Man, this thing needs to leave.

Prime Time
09-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Also...I was typing that message above and I lost power and had to restart and type it again. The storm is picking up...

TerryTate
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm watching a down live powerline being shown on TV in Ft. Lauderdale...

john00agent
09-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm watching a down live powerline being shown on TV in Ft. Lauderdale...

Here is a live web cam on a boca raton beach.....kinda cool.

http://evsboca.netfirms.com/default.htm

ptmn
09-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Everyone who doesn't live down here in the Southeast, please stop posting about the hurricane, you don't understand the severity of this disaster. I'm sick of hearing people who don't live in Florida bashing the players for staying or saying how nice the weather is in Buffalo or any other crap I have read. You guys need to just stop with it. Nobody here wants to hear it. This might be the worse natural disaster to ever hit the US; if you don't live here you don't understand. I hope all the fans in Florida do well and stay calm during this horrific time period. Everyone be safe and we will live to see the phins play next week.

dj911
09-04-2004, 02:25 PM
god bless you and take care ( i was born and raised in fla lived for 33yrs live in va under protest hate it hear moving back in march thank god but i know how u guys are feeling you tellm brother)

Prime Time
09-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Who saw the guy surfing on Ch. 4 news? That was great. Honestly though, I was driving through the roads because we couldn't stay where we were so my family and I had to come back home. I was driving and trees and leaves and poles are all knocked over. God bless us.

ptmn
09-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Everyone who doesn't live down here in the Southeast, please stop posting about the hurricane, you don't understand the severity of this disaster. I'm sick of hearing people who don't live in Florida bashing the players for staying or saying how nice the weather is in Buffalo or any other crap I have read. You guys need to just stop with it. Nobody here wants to hear it. This might be the worse natural disaster to ever hit the US; if you don't live here you don't understand. I hope all the fans in Florida do well and stay calm during this horrific time period. Everyone be safe and we will live to see the phins play next week.mod edit: If you have something to say about the hurricane, add it to the hurricane thread. DO NOT start another post in the Dolphins forum talking about the hurricane.

john00agent
09-04-2004, 03:44 PM
agreed. people are just talking out thier arsh. I agree with the players for not going. and I think the NFL dropped the ball here. they sent a message saying football is more important than family and life. and for a stupid preseason game

phinfan2003
09-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Everyone who doesn't live down here in the Southeast, please stop posting about the hurricane, you don't understand the severity of this disaster. I'm sick of hearing people who don't live in Florida bashing the players for staying or saying how nice the weather is in Buffalo or any other crap I have read. You guys need to just stop with it. Nobody here wants to hear it. This might be the worse natural disaster to ever hit the US; if you don't live here you don't understand. I hope all the fans in Florida do well and stay calm during this horrific time period. Everyone be safe and we will live to see the phins play next week.

I agree with you. It's making fun of something that is serious. I have a question though? I thought this hurricane was only a category 2? Wasn't there a category 4 that went through S. Fla?

Dolphin1184
09-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I agree with you. It's making fun of something that is serious. I have a question though? I thought this hurricane was only a category 2? Wasn't there a category 4 that went through S. Fla?
There was a category 5 hurricane... Hurricane Andrew.

SBCHAMPSPHINZ
09-04-2004, 03:50 PM
agreed. people are just talking out thier arsh. I agree with the players for not going. and I think the NFL dropped the ball here. they sent a message saying football is more important than family and life. and for a stupid preseason game
yea they dont no how hard it is to lose almost everything after a hurricane

john00agent
09-04-2004, 03:53 PM

its a two now, but is expected to intensify. plus, it is moving SO slow that it may cause more damage than charlie ( the other storm you refer to), that flew across the state comnpared to frances. Plus, charley hit a rural west coast town. Frances is going to hit the mid to lower east coast, which is much more populated.

i lived through andrew and it was labeled one of the most destructive canes to hit the us. I lived in Perrine(spelling?? its been 12 yrs) and if the storm would have hit a more populated area like miami beach and more north, it would have easily been 3 times more destructive. Homestead was very rural at the time and look at the price tag on andrew.

jack
09-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Everyone who doesn't live down here in the Southeast, please stop posting about the hurricane

You need to clarify this statement to address those not in your area posting about the hurricane AND minimizing its impact.

I live in Boston but have been lambasting the same posts that have irritated you. I know what the situation is - my son, his wife, and 6 month old daughter live in Broward County and I know what they are going through. Most of those not in "harms way" sympathize with those that are, including the players. However, there are a few that can't grasp the reality of the situation. Its those people that post their arcane statements that I think you are trying to address.

Good luck and God bless.

ptmn
09-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Andrew went through but it was moving at such a fast rate. Andrew was a 4 it hit Homestead, and was only there for say hours give or take, but this will be in the main areas for 2 whole days before it leaves. That means there is a wide time range for disaster. And sorry for those in Boston or other parts, I just mean the people that live or have lived down here and understand it's no joking matter. I guess there are some sick people that don't understand the catastrophic damage these storms produce.

Be SAFE! FLA

Prime Time
09-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Andrew is a 5. It was listed as a 4 but with the new technology it has known been revealed it was a 5.

Dolphin1184
09-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Andrew went through but it was moving at such a fast rate. Andrew was a 4 it hit Homestead, and was only there for say hours give or take, but this will be in the main areas for 2 whole days before it leaves. That means there is a wide time range for disaster. And sorry for those in Boston or other parts, I just mean the people that live or have lived down here and understand it's no joking matter. I guess there are some sick people that don't understand the catastrophic damage these storms produce.

Be SAFE! FLA
Andrew was a Category 5.

citripia
09-04-2004, 05:41 PM
I have a question, I live in Mexico, and today ani´t no hear anything about the Huracane Frances?

Could you tell me How the Storm goes?, I have cero information...

dolfan4good
09-04-2004, 05:43 PM
It hasnt hit land yet but is just off shore in Vero beach or so. 88,000 homes without power in Dade County alone which is way south of where the eye is at.

FinFan Brazil
09-04-2004, 05:59 PM
good luck to all again :)

Coral Reefer
09-04-2004, 06:11 PM
I have a question, I live in Mexico, and today ani´t no hear anything about the Huracane Frances?

Could you tell me How the Storm goes?, I have cero information...

It's really become quite a dud.
Wind gusts of about 60 mph tops here. Nothing more than a bad FL. thunderstorm at this point.

It hasn't hit fully yet but I don't expect much from it down here in Ft. Lauderdale. We just went out and walked the dog.

FIN-IN-RI
09-04-2004, 06:31 PM
i hear the beast is just sitting there gaining strength..

Muck
09-04-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm in South Tampa. And we're already losing power. The wind is blowing down trees all over the place. Many of the blocks in my neighborhood have lost power due to this (trees knocking down power lines). And this is just the FIRST OUTER BAND!! It's not even raining or anything now. But the first band did a good job a few hours ago.

I know we won't be getting anywhere near the brunt of it.....or that the winds will be anything like what Palm Beach is getting right now......we're probably going to be losing power for awhile. I just hope it's for a short time tomorrow night.

Pray for the people catching the eye right now.

AmishJihad
09-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Well excuuuuuse me, I was in S. Florida for Andrew, and I have family directly in Frances path, and I have posted nothing but sympathy. I'll post all I want about it if you don't mind. :fire:

BTW everyone else, it has been downgraded to a Category 2, and is projected to weaken quickly upon landfall. Landfall is projected to be anywhere between Ft. Pierce and Melbourne.

BlitPhinFan
09-04-2004, 07:57 PM
BTW everyone else, it has been downgraded to a Category 2, and is projected to weaken quickly upon landfall. Landfall is projected to be anywhere between Ft. Pierce and Melbourne.
I saw that it died down lastnight, but it's moving so slow. I just hope it doesn't set up camp for hours on end. Even though it's down graded to Category 2, it would still cause massive amounts of damage if it just sits there for hours on end.

I hope this thing picks up movement speed and gets the heck out as fast as possible.

I may not live in Florida, but my best friend moved down there a few years ago. He is in the Dade City area, which looks to be in the path. The CTO of the company I work for lives in West Palm Beach. I have family in Ormand, so I would never ever down play the severity of these storms either.

My family and I are praying for all of you in Florida that will be affected by this beast. God bless you all!

PFCLive
09-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Watching this hurricane in MA my heart goes out to all of you guys! Be safe may god be with you!

Bonedoc7777
09-04-2004, 09:16 PM
second that from philly

MDolphins2003
09-04-2004, 09:18 PM
BE SAFE and DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES!!!!

We need all the FANS we can get this season!!!

God Bless All of the Hurricane Areas!!!

TRUDOLFAN54
09-04-2004, 09:22 PM
im in tampa but im praying for all of you over there!!as for the canes you guys needed this delay so u dont get your first loss till friday!!!GO NOLES god be with you guys were allbpraying for the best.sighned the jet killa

Jimi
09-04-2004, 09:32 PM
im in tampa but im praying for all of you over there!!as for the canes you guys needed this delay so u dont get your first loss till friday!!!GO NOLES god be with you guys were allbpraying for the best.sighned the jet killaim here in Tampa too. I have family around Miami, pretty bad. No electricty since 9 A.M.:shakeno: .

Den54
09-04-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm in South Tampa. And we're already losing power. The wind is blowing down trees all over the place. Many of the blocks in my neighborhood have lost power due to this (trees knocking down power lines). And this is just the FIRST OUTER BAND!! It's not even raining or anything now. But the first band did a good job a few hours ago.

I know we won't be getting anywhere near the brunt of it.....or that the winds will be anything like what Palm Beach is getting right now......we're probably going to be losing power for awhile. I just hope it's for a short time tomorrow night.

Pray for the people catching the eye right now.

Good luck Muck. As you know I'm about 45mins east of you and all is well here for now.

BlitPhinFan
09-04-2004, 09:37 PM
im here in Tampa too. I have family around Miami, pretty bad. No electricty since 9 A.M.:shakeno: . I've been tracking all these storms as well. Not good. The CTO of my company is in West Palm Beach, I haven't heard anything from him since Monday... I hope he' got his family out. My best friend, who moved to Florida because aI said I wanted to, is in the Dade City area. I have family in Ormond. I really feel for you all, all my families' and my prayers to you.

finfan54
09-04-2004, 09:48 PM
My prayers go out to every one in Florida. Hope everyone is safe. My parents are in a shelter from the Ormond area north of Daytona.

PFCLive
09-04-2004, 09:52 PM
no1 try to be brave just stay put and be safe!

tofishfan
09-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Be stong people and best wishes

Muck
09-04-2004, 10:37 PM
You'll probably get more than I will. Looks like it'll go north of me but right thru your neck of the woods. I'll probably get the least of it. Hopefully it'll die off before it gets too far inland and spare as many people as possible.

Good luck to you too.

Prime Time
09-04-2004, 10:44 PM
It looks like it could be headed my way and stay here for a few hours. I hope evryone is safe and don't go out until you are told to do so.

Agua
09-04-2004, 10:44 PM
With a storm that strength, the worst part of it is going to be the absolutely SUCK AZZ days without AC. Geeeeesshhh. I hate that crap.

If any of you guys still have power, congrats and good luck.

AmishJihad
09-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Looks as though the worst part of this storm is going to be the surge and flooding from the rain instead of the wind like Charley. :shakeno:

My relatives in Stuart just had a flood 3 yrs ago, and not too much longer before that. Now they gewt another. :shakeno:

paq7512
09-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Best of luck to all.:)

Sirspud
09-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Miami will be fine, they are just getting hit with alot of wind and water. Here in Polk County, we got blasted by Charley and still haven't come close to picking up that mess. This one isn't nearly as powerful and isn't a major hurricane (cat. 3 or above), so it shouldn't be quite as bad as Charley. That said, i'm still a little worried cause we will be getting hit with the worst part of the storm and i feel we were quite lucky in Charley and several factors caused us to come out of it much better than people five miles east of us. I'm amazed we still have power here, but we haven't quite gotten the meat of the storm.

ptmn
09-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah it might not be as powerful but it's 1/3 the speed meaning the main winds are sustaing over the period of land it's affecting for a long time. This storm sucks, I'm feeling the brunt of it here in melbourne fla. Everyone be safe.
Miami will be fine, they are just getting hit with alot of wind and water. Here in Polk County, we got blasted by Charley and still haven't come close to picking up that mess. This one isn't nearly as powerful and isn't a major hurricane (cat. 3 or above), so it shouldn't be quite as bad as Charley. That said, i'm still a little worried cause we will be getting hit with the worst part of the storm and i feel we were quite lucky in Charley and several factors caused us to come out of it much better than people five miles east of us. I'm amazed we still have power here, but we haven't quite gotten the meat of the storm.

hunter5nc1
09-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah it might not be as powerful but it's 1/3 the speed meaning the main winds are sustaing over the period of land it's affecting for a long time. This storm sucks, I'm feeling the brunt of it here in melbourne fla. Everyone be safe.

you still got power in Melbourne?

Coral Reefer
09-05-2004, 01:48 AM
I've been tracking all these storms as well. Not good. The CTO of my company is in West Palm Beach, I haven't heard anything from him since Monday... I hope he' got his family out. My best friend, who moved to Florida because aI said I wanted to, is in the Dade City area. I have family in Ormond. I really feel for you all, all my families' and my prayers to you.

This storm hasn't been anything to speak of.
We live in North Broward and really there hasn't been anything more than what you'd get out of a strong S. Florida summer Thunder storm.
Up north I know they are getting a little more but unless your family or friends live in a trailer home and didn't leave you don't have to worry about them. Your CTO's family could have stayed in a house right on the beach in West Palm and they'd be fine in this one.
As for Miami they are getting even less. A few restaurants even opened up in Coral Gables tonight. No threats there.

Francis is no Charlie or Andrew.

Coral Reefer
09-05-2004, 02:24 AM
With a storm that strength, the worst part of it is going to be the absolutely SUCK AZZ days without AC. Geeeeesshhh. I hate that crap.

If any of you guys still have power, congrats and good luck.

Tis the exact reason why we made the purchase of a generator an immediate priority after Andrew.

2 and a half weeks of sweaty, steamy hell!
At least we still had our house though.

AmishJihad
09-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Landfall was Stuart...

Muck
09-05-2004, 09:11 AM
The main thing I'm worried about is flooding. Out here in my area, we get a slight mist and the place is under water. It's just a very classic neighborhood (see "old") that's on the water, not elevated, and it's near impossible to improve the drainage. So every time it rains hard (see once a week), major roads are under water. Last week when we got that big heavy storm, there was a sewage overflow a few blocks away. Raw sewage flooding the streets and into people's homes. :barf:

We're expecting lots and lots of heavy rain tonight and subsequent flooding. But fortunately we shouldn't be getting quite the brunt that Polk county will probably get. Man, those guys really have it tough the past few weeks.

Den54
09-05-2004, 09:23 AM
The main thing I'm worried about is flooding. Out here in my area, we get a slight mist and the place is under water. It's just a very classic neighborhood (see "old") that's on the water, not elevated, and it's near impossible to improve the drainage. So every time it rains hard (see once a week), major roads are under water. Last week when we got that big heavy storm, there was a sewage overflow a few blocks away. Raw sewage flooding the streets and into people's homes. :barf:

We're expecting lots and lots of heavy rain tonight and subsequent flooding. But fortunately we shouldn't be getting quite the brunt that Polk county will probably get. Man, those guys really have it tough the past few weeks.

Yep we're getting some good wind here right now. I'm keeping my eye on our China Berry tree in the backyard. It got partialy uproated by Charly. My concern is the rootbase is week now and if it blows over it will hit the rear of our house. I think the brunt of this storm is still a few hours away from me.

stork48
09-05-2004, 09:58 AM
anyone in boca? my brother lives there and we have it set up so he calls me at 8 am and 8 pm untill its over, and i havent heard anything today. tryed calling and all i get is voicemail

Muck
09-05-2004, 11:22 AM
anyone in boca? my brother lives there and we have it set up so he calls me at 8 am and 8 pm untill its over, and i havent heard anything today. tryed calling and all i get is voicemail

The service might be down. When Charley hit, my cell phone company restricted access in the Orlando area the following day, even though the storm had passed (I evacuated to Orlando....hindsight's a ***** ain't it). My theory as to why was because my carrier shares a similar frequency with police and emergency bands. So they restricted for the sake of the immediate recovery effort, which was extensive.

This could be the case for your brother. Or his electricity could simply be out and he can't charge his phone battery.

john00agent
09-05-2004, 11:32 AM

My family is in west boca, I heard from them this am around 9. They said it got pretty windy at 3:30. They had a few trees knocked down, but no major structural damage. The power is out and their LAN lines our out. I reached them via cell phones.

good luck getting in touch

Muck
09-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Yep we're getting some good wind here right now. I'm keeping my eye on our China Berry tree in the backyard. It got partialy uproated by Charly. My concern is the rootbase is week now and if it blows over it will hit the rear of our house. I think the brunt of this storm is still a few hours away from me.

Still calm as can be here. It rained last night and has continued very very lightly. We're getting very small wind right now. Much less threatening than the normal stuff we get. Looks like stronger stuff should be hitting you soon. I think we'll all be ok.

Hope the tree makes it thru.

john00agent
09-05-2004, 11:34 AM
The service might be down. When Charley hit, my cell phone company restricted access in the Orlando area the following day, even though the storm had passed (I evacuated to Orlando....hindsight's a ***** ain't it). My theory as to why was because my carrier shares a similar frequency with police and emergency bands. So they restricted for the sake of the immediate recovery effort, which was extensive.

This could be the case for your brother. Or his electricity could simply be out and he can't charge his phone battery.

yep. i fled to orlando, too. :nono: But we were back in tampa before midnight. So we didnt have the 5 hr trip the next day like everyone else.

ZOD
09-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Who has lost power? Speak up! :tongue:

Clumpy
09-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Who has lost power? Speak up! :tongue:

:lol:

Muck
09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
yep. i fled to orlando, too. :nono: But we were back in tampa before midnight. So we didnt have the 5 hr trip the next day like everyone else.

:fire: I was one of those. And it rained. Was trying to get back in time for the Phins-Jags game.

I was heated to say the least.

Prime Time
09-05-2004, 02:13 PM
My friends phone is also not working, I guess that is the reason. I am going to try mine and see If it works, I just called my aunt and it rung and noone picked up. Mine worked :)

Phinnhedd
09-05-2004, 02:34 PM
last i heard about 4 million are without power. im in orlando/kissimmee. we haven't gotten that much here, just mild winds and rain.

Muck
09-05-2004, 03:37 PM
What sucks is that now that the cuts are about to come in.......so is the hurricane. My power has flickered twice. And I heard a transformer blow up outside. This could be torture. :lol:

:cry:

Den54
09-05-2004, 04:17 PM
So far so good here. The eye passed over us just alot of wind. Where's all this rain they were talking about. I mean it has rained but I was expecting torential downpours.

spydertl79
09-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Eye just passed, tookdown a mammoth oak tree in the pasture behind my subdivision. It fell on the concrete wall. I have a pic, IM me if u want it. SpyderTL79 on AIM

Fresh
09-05-2004, 10:18 PM
last i heard about 4 million are without power. im in orlando/kissimmee. we haven't gotten that much here, just mild winds and rain.

I think Broward had somewhere around 300,000 without power this afternoon. Here in Dade, we had about 160,000 without power. Mine flickered on and off every now and then, but it never really stayed off. It's all good and ready for "Drew's Views" in 40 minutes. :lol:

Back to reality of the 2-3 hour drive back up to Orlando for college tomorrow. :shakeno:

Muck
09-07-2004, 12:25 AM
We had 268,000 without power this morning. And the flooding was really bad in some areas. Outside of our business is totally flooded (USF area). It's like our building is on an island. We got really lucky. Another foot or so and the water gets inside the doors.