PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by the automated draft

DolfanDaveInATX
09-05-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm in a 12-team league with large rosters that uses an automated draft. Unfortunately, I got a ton of good WR's, all of the top defensive players, and only T.J. Duckett and Larry Johnson at RB.

I have been offered a trade in which I would give up Marvin Harrison for Lee Suggs and Isaac Bruce. I don't think I'm getting enough out of that. If I counter for Suggs and Koren Robinson, is that closer to equal value?

spydertl79
09-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Lee Suggs hasnt proven anything and you KNOW harrison is gonna tear it up every year but when the playoffs get near he will be on the bench which can hurt you in the playoffs. I would rather have Bruce then Robinson because he's gonna be on a team that needs to fight for a playoff spot near the end of the year. I got screwed over by having Harrison last year.

DolfanDaveInATX
09-05-2004, 04:43 PM
I ultimately decided to reject that trade. Instead, I'm getting Kevan Barlow, Moe Williams, and Nathan Vasher for Derrick Mason, Rod Smith, and Keith Bulluck. (He needed defense worse than anything and I wound up with three studs on my bench.)

That leaves me with:

RBs -- Kevan Barlow, T.J. Duckett, Moe Williams, Larry Johnson

WRs -- Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Chris Chambers, Terry Glenn, Anquan Boldin

Since I only have to start one RB each week (our league has three offensive-flex positions), I think my roster is now in much better shape.

spydertl79
09-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Thats not too bad, check out my team post

DolfanDaveInATX
09-05-2004, 05:06 PM
I did. Made one minor suggestion but you've got a very good team.

Not as good as my Yahoo public league though.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=46730

:allhail: