PDA

View Full Version : McNair vs. Green in Week 1...(Who to start?)

AggieFin21
09-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Well I have both and can't quite decide who to start in week one. Obviously being a Miami fan, I know how destructive our D can be so that kinda warns me away from McNair. But then I have to think that our offense isn't quite up to snuff so it leads me to believe that McNair will be on the field quite a bit.

On the other hand I have Green who is probably the most underrated QB in the league with one of the most explosive offensive teams in the league. Yes Denver has upgraded their D with Bailey, Vilma and such but it's no where near the strength of ours. If I had to choose today, I think I would go with Green. What do y'all think?

MikeO
09-08-2004, 01:44 PM
The weather could hurt McNair this week.

Green might be the safer choice.

TokyoFishFan
09-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I had the same choice and went with Green. Neither produced much this week.. I hope that changes in the coming weeks. This week I'm going with McNair.

A Wing Pilot
09-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Mcnair was co-MVP, don't think for one minute that the game he played last week reflects on his ability. The fact is he only had to throw as much as he did to win the game. Mcnair is a great FF QB, theres a positive to starting mcnair as well, His running back was injured even slightly it will make the coaches lean to the pass, even if its 5 more plays over the course of the game that can spell points for you!!!!!

Green was a big dissapoinment for me last week, he cost me my game. Green is a good QB but with priest holmes on his team , the passing game was weak. If they can exploit the panthers D (Which i believe they will) then don't klook for huge yardage from green, you get receptions to the TE and preist, a few others.. but mostly a run game. Green will crank up the attempts at throwing in the final quarter of the game if they are behind, if they are way ahead then its RB time.

I would choose mcnair if i was you...

Let us know who you pick and what the results are

I'm piosting this for youtr week 2 selection not your week one!!!