PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillon NOT an upgrade?

Coral Reefer
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Anyone here still think Corey Dillon is not a significant upgrade for the Patsies.
I seem to remember quite a few posters laughing Dillon off and minimizing the effect he'd have on their offense. Anyone still think Dillon dosen't make this Patsies team even scarier than they were?

ckparrothead
09-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Yes I think he is. They have him playing an awkward role which makes me wonder about Charlie Weis a little, but still...Dillon is actually succeeding in this scat-back type role. He's got some shake.

Jimmy James
09-09-2004, 11:41 PM
The only sign I see for hope is that they're not giving him too many carries. Of course, that might be because Brady is having his way with the Colts secondary. :(

Drive Colts, drive!

bakedmatt
09-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Yes I think he is. They have him playing an awkward role which makes me wonder about Charlie Weis a little, but still...Dillon is actually succeeding in this scat-back type role. He's got some shake.

That's because they only have one active RB and one active FB tonight.

Coral Reefer
09-09-2004, 11:44 PM

He has shown some good power as well.
In the Red Zone on their last TD drive he drove right through 2 defenders for an additonal 3-4 yards.

NaboCane
09-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Anyone here still think Corey Dillon is not a significant upgrade for the Patsies.
I seem to remember quite a few posters laughing Dillon off and minimizing the effect he'd have on their offense. Anyone still think Dillon dosen't make this Patsies team even scarier than they were?
It would be a bad mistake to have ever underestimated Corey Dillon. He was awesome with the sorry-a***d Bengals, what did anyone expect he'd do with a real team?

Dphins4me
09-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Not saying you are wrong, but its one game. Its a long season. SB are not won in Sept. Dillon is pumped up right now, lets see how he is playing come Nov and he does have a history of injury.

finzfan4life
09-10-2004, 12:11 AM
The colts secondary has more holes than swiss cheese. They might have the worst secondary in the league. ****, everyones grandma could throw on them.

Gaphinfan
09-10-2004, 12:14 AM
For Gods sake, he is playing the colts defense. That is the worst defense I have ever seen. That was the worst defensive game by 2 teams I have ever seen. After all those injuries, I'm still glad to be a phin fan. At least I can see some defense. I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.

Coral Reefer
09-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Not saying you are wrong, but its one game. Its a long season. SB are not won in Sept. Dillon is pumped up right now, lets see how he is playing come Nov and he does have a history of injury.

Actually it's not one game.
Dillon has always shown tons of talent and he did it on a flat out rotten Bengals team. The guy is a player and I still wonder how anyone could be missing that.

Now on the injury front you do have a valid point.
Will he make it an entire year?

Coral Reefer
09-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.

I agree with you there.

The pickup of Dillon helps the Patriots overall record a lot but head to head against the Phins Dillon's presence dosen't stack the deck in their favor.

Those games will come down to whether our offense can do anything against the Pats Defense. If our Offense can't do more than 3 and outs against them then Dillon will become a huge factor as our D is left on the field for 40 minutes.

Dolphan7
09-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Dillon looked good tonight, but the Dolts are now realizing how smart it is to pay so much money for one offensive player and therefore neglect your defense. Kinda what Wanny did to our offense over the last 4 years. Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.Perfect. Key on Dillon and Brady will kill you.

Dolphan7
09-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Not when he has JT in his face all game.

enigmatics
09-10-2004, 02:44 AM
The most obvious aspect is that Dillon is better than anything they've ever had carrying the rock for them. I'm still not convinced the Pats have an O-line built for a power running game that Dillon flourishes in. The man's got alot of wear and tear, although last year he barely played so that got him some rest. Am I scared to death of him? Not yet. I'll wait to see how he fairs against a quality defense.

yankeehillbilly
09-10-2004, 06:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken.....Didnt the Pats use the 2nd round pick that WE gave them to pick up Dillon?

stan marino
09-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Yep that was our pick:( Dillon will be better than any of the backs they have had in recent years. Him not getting the ball is like somebody else already said they didnt have much depth for the game, and this crazy thing the Pats do where they game plan around the other teams weaknesses.(as fin fans that seems kinda foreign doesnt it???)

PhinBeck
09-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Of course the Colts defense wasnt exactly impressive. They looked their normal pitiful self. Yes NE O had something to do with that, but the secondary of Indi suks, they got torched. LB had to drop back and help, leaving Dillon run lanes. Man Brady is the one that continues to impress me, he can flat out play. Blitzs read and exploited, stepped up in the pocket, cannot get to him.

Overrall I was not sign impressed with the Pats. Well I saw weaknesses, their defense doesnt look as stout as last year, Colts ran all over them. The colts turned the ball over three times in teh red zone costing them the game. Their offense looked good but not totally unstoppable, he couldnt torch our secondary like he did the Colts, at least not as bad.

Dont get me wrong NE looks good and is the team to beat and will be hard, I just didnt come away thinking stronger than last year.

rafael
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I said Dillon wouldn't be a big concern for the Dolphins b/c our run D is solid. We can usually stop the run with just 7 in the box. (I am a little concerned if Bowens misses a lot of time however). In fact, I'm in favor of anything that takes the ball out of Brady's hand.

The place where Dillon might really help the Pats is against the rest of their schedule.

Dphins4me
09-10-2004, 10:23 AM
If I'm not mistaken.....Didnt the Pats use the 2nd round pick that WE gave them to pick up Dillon?
Yeap. It was Miami's pick.

FuturePhin
09-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Dillon looked good tonight, but the Dolts are now realizing how smart it is to pay so much money for one offensive player and therefore neglect your defense. Kinda what Wanny did to our offense over the last 4 years. Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

Totally agree. Especially when you said.....a REAL D like ours!!! Let the games begin!! I cant wait for NE, Miami game. Its gonna rock.

MDFINFAN
09-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Totally agree. Especially when you said.....a REAL D like ours!!! Let the games begin!! I cant wait for NE, Miami game. Its gonna rock.

Without TimBo in the middle, we're not as strong against the run, hopefully some of the pickups will help.

FlyingElvis
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Without TimBo in the middle, we're not as strong against the run, hopefully some of the pickups will help.What is Bowens status anyway? How long is he out for?

MNFINFAN
09-10-2004, 12:38 PM
I agree but I am not sure if NE will utilize him all that well, it seems like with Smith and Faulk in there, the Pats loved to dump it off to them and they (based on my seeing one game) don't have that option anymore. He is a great runner but I am not sure if the Pats O can use it correctly.

dropKickMurphy
09-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Let's see how Dillon runs against a real defense like ours.

That's something I'm looking forward to. Late in the game...the Miami D tiring after all thos 3-and-outs force them to be on the field for 3/4 of the game...the Pats protecting a lead...

Yeah, let's see how Dillon looks then!

FlyingElvis
09-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I agree but I am not sure if NE will utilize him all that well, it seems like with Smith and Faulk in there, the Pats loved to dump it off to them and they (based on my seeing one game) don't have that option anymore. He is a great runner but I am not sure if the Pats O can use it correctly.Don't have what option? They still have Faulk who is great on running back screens if that is what you mean by "dumping it off". They rarely threw the ball to A. Smith. Dillon is an upgrade over Smith anyway you look at it.

BleedinGreenNC
09-13-2004, 06:07 PM
For Gods sake, he is playing the colts defense. That is the worst defense I have ever seen. That was the worst defensive game by 2 teams I have ever seen. After all those injuries, I'm still glad to be a phin fan. At least I can see some defense. I never said cory dillion was not an upgrade, he is just not a threat to the dolphins.Dillion will tear the Phins "D" apart!! Do you actually think that your "D" is invincible? I beg to differ!

Marino1983
09-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Dillion will tear the Phins "D" apart!! Do you actually think that your "D" is invincible? I beg to differ!
:confused:
This post just PROVES you are clueless Bleedintampax .....
:lol:

Marino1983

The Myth
09-21-2004, 05:36 PM
In the Arizona Game Dillon got 158 yards not from screen plays. Each week the O-Line gets a little more comfortable with Dillon and Brady back there. By the time they Play Miami they will be just right. Faulk will be back by then also. You have no Running game and your O-Line can't stop anyone.