PDA

View Full Version : Here it is boys : Peyton on pace to shatter Marino

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:15 PM
I posted this a while ago, that Peyton is on pace to shatter Marino's records and everyone said it wasnt true - whatdya know , someone actually writes an article about it - AND ITS TRUE!!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297

This can be moved to the AFC EAST or something forum

DolphinDevil28
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Go away.

Peyton will never be as good as Dan was.

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
lol - he already is "as good" - just hasnt broke the record yet

I agree with your Bush vote though - GO GEORGE WWWWWW

NavyFishFan
09-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah...and when Kurt Warner started he was on pace to smoke all of Danny's records too...what's he on pace to smoke now?

DolphinDevil28
09-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Ricky's on pace to smoke too.

upsman
09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
I posted this a while ago, that Peyton is on pace to shatter Marino's records and everyone said it wasnt true - whatdya know , someone actually writes an article about it - AND ITS TRUE!!!!!

There sure alot of IF'S in that article!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

3P
We'll see how well he does without Harrison and Edge. Manning's downfall that Marino didn't have will be his large paycheck.

DolfanISS

Bledsoe is on pace to not throw as many TD's in 16 games as Jay Fielder did in 11 games. Whoops that's last season. Go Jags.

BlitPhinFan
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
« Back (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297/1) · 1 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297/1) · 2 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297/2) · 3 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297/3) · Next » (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297/3)
Marino threw 420 touchdown passes, shattering the previous record of 342 by Fran Tarkenton. Manning has thrown 167 in his six years, or an average of 1.74 per game. Using the 242 games Marino played, Manning would throw 421. It will take him 15.1 years to break Marino's record if he stays at his current pace and plays all 16 games each season.

Here's a KEY aspect... this is if he plays all 16 games for 15.1 years. Marino did NOT play in all games for 15.1 years. He was injured a few times and missed games.

Look for Zach Thomas to end his streak with a broken jaw sometime in the near future. ;)

Zach meet Peyton... Peyton meet Zach... oh wait! :eek: I think I've seen this before, or damn close to it. :D

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah...and when Kurt Warner started he was on pace to smoke all of Danny's records too...what's he on pace to smoke now?

LOL - dude - Warner had 2 good years - Manning has had 6 consistent good years

He is the best QB of the past decade
He is the best QB in the league right now
He has 5 straight seasons of 4,000 pluss yards

DolfanISS
09-11-2004, 09:26 PM
He's one pace by one freakin TD. C'mon DaQuix get a life.

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:27 PM
BTW: The whole point of this article was people saying he isnt on pace and me proving them wrong - Im not saying he IS going to shatter the records - just saying I was right in what I said

Jaj
Well no the paycheck thing isn't really true. For his time Marino had a very large paycheck.

CanePhin22
Peyton Manning couldn't hold Dan Marino's jock strap.

DolfanISS
09-11-2004, 09:28 PM

2 words

Tom Brady

With 2:00 to go from my own 2 yard line there is nobody in the NFL I'd rather have than Brady. Manning may put up better numbers but Brady's a winner.

MDolphins2003
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
If...If...If...If....If....If...If....I stop typing If....you will not read if anymore....If...If...If....If...If Manning does not cut off his hands he can still play the drums......If you stop reading this you will get the point.......If Manning plays next season he will have good stats....If Manning steps out in front of a Mac Truck, chances are he will not throw another pass. (No I do not want him to get HURT)

Just If......is what it is........an IF!!!!!!!!!

Dan is the Man...Until another QB can play for an entire career like he did!

BlitPhinFan
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Peyton Manning couldn't hold Dan Marino's jock strap. Um... Dan Marino's jock strap would have a hard time holding your wifes' kids' breakfast! :eek:

:jk:

Had to get that in. Congrats to you! :jawdrop:

:D

I'm going to crawl back into my hole now. :escape:

CanePhin22
09-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Um... Dan Marino's jock strap would have a hard time holding your wifes' kids' breakfast! :eek:
Thats my Breakfast...the kid has a bottle.

Baz
09-11-2004, 09:36 PM
In all seriousness, is there a point to posting this? In what context to recent events does this fit into? If you said nothing, then you are correct. You hide your childish taunting behind a pseudo-intellectual persona. I see right through it, and I'm sure most people do as well. Any truly intelligent person would realize there is no need for this and all it does is cause fighting. So please, stop posting this nonsense. It has no constructive purpose......

BlitPhinFan
09-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Thats my Breakfast...the kid has a bottle.
:roflmao::roflmao:

Lucky Bastige! :tongue:

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:39 PM
In all seriousness, is there a point to posting this? In what context to recent events does this fit into? If you said nothing, then you are correct. You hide your childish taunting behind a pseudo-intellectual persona. I see right through it, and I'm sure most people do as well. Any truly intelligent person would realize there is no need for this and all it does is cause fighting. So please, stop posting this nonsense. It has no constructive purpose......

If you would have READ the entire post you would see people said I was wrong that he was on PACE - I posted this to show them - Im a Bills fan - not an Indi fan, so there is no smack involved in this

Baz
09-11-2004, 09:39 PM
:lol:

The article is written by Prisco. I should have guessed that before reading it. In all seriousness, if there was one QB that was going to break Marino's records, I would want it to be Peyton Manning. The guy is a class act, and is truly the most talented QB in the game right now......

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 09:43 PM

don't you have anything better to do than just reply with anti-dolphins remarks all the time. by looking at many of your posts, i can tell you're obviously not a dolphins fan. why don't you stop hanging around here and get a life.

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 09:44 PM
oh i forgot - you have to be a dolphins fan to com here *rolls eyes*

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
If you would have READ the entire post you would see people said I was wrong that he was on PACE - I posted this to show them - Im a Bills fan - not an Indi fan, so there is no smack involved in this

actually there is smack involved. all of your posts are anit-dolphins, regardless of what your favorite team is.

Icer
09-11-2004, 09:48 PM
2 words

Tom Brady

With 2:00 to go from my own 2 yard line there is nobody in the NFL I'd rather have than Brady. Manning may put up better numbers but Brady's a winner.
Reminds me of Dan Marino and John Elway
or Montana

Oops, here comes the legion of Fin fans to burn me at the steak:lol:

FinfanInBuffalo
09-11-2004, 09:49 PM
BTW: The whole point of this article was people saying he isnt on pace and me proving them wrong - Im not saying he IS going to shatter the records - just saying I was right in what I said

Nobody said he wouldn't break the records IF he continues at his current pace. The argument was that PROJECTING HIM AT HIS CURRENT PACE FOR 15 STRAIGHT YEARS IS STUPID. Now there are two people stating the same stupid (and obvious BTW) point.

I was correct in saying that at the same point in their career, Marino had better numbers. He obviously didn't keep the same pace for 17 years and neither will Manning.

Give it a rest your point is.......pointless.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-11-2004, 09:51 PM

Did you even read my responses to you in that last thread..... :shakeno:

FinfanInBuffalo
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM

One more thing. Why the F*** would you start a thread and suggest it get moved in the opening post? Why not just POST IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE??????????

Maybe because your a ......nevermind.

upsman
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
2 words

Tom Brady

Dude AS MUCH as i HATE Brady, you are right he is the man.(under pressure)

DolfanISS
09-11-2004, 09:55 PM
or Montana

Oops, here comes the legion of Fin fans to burn me at the steak:lol:

Pains me to say this but it's more like Montana with Manning being more like Marino (with a better offense around him). The thing about Marino that everyone seems to forget is the guy carried the Dolphins through most of his career. He never had a great defense (at least not until he was in his upper 30's) an Edgerrin James, Jerry Rice (coincidence that Montana, Young, and even Gannon had MVP years with the hands down best WR of all time playing with them), or Marvin Harrison. Marino made his receivers better than what they were for most of his career. If Brady wins another one I will have more respect for him than I do Montana due to the comparison in talent. If Montana was half what the football world thinks he was he would have won a Bowl in KC. Except Marino kept knocking the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 09:57 PM
One more thing. Why the F*** would you start a thread and suggest it get moved in the opening post? Why not just POST IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE??????????

Maybe because your a ......nevermind.

EXACTLY what i was thinking. why start a thread and suggest it get moved -- why don't you put it where it belongs in the first place?!?! must be a bills fan.

Disgustipate
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
You do realize the staggering amount of "What If's" in this post make the thread silly conjecture at this point.

If Marino kept averaging what he did his first 6, as the author assumes Manning will, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

But that's entirely too much thinking for you. Put your head down.

EJay
09-11-2004, 10:01 PM

Talking about what someone is 'on pace' to do is ignorant and stupid. Tom Brady is 'on pace' to have 8 Super Bowl rings by the time he concludes his 16th NFL season. You think that's going to happen?

BTW, I hate to break this to you but Bret Favre is the best QB of the past decade and Tom Brady is the best QB in the league right now. Period, end of discussion.

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM
You do realize the staggering amount of "What If's" in this post make the thread silly conjecture at this point.

If Marino kept averaging what he did his first 6, as the author assumes Manning will, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

But that's entirely too much thinking for you. Put your head down.

EXACTLY. Everybody tapers off as they get older. Let's see if Peyton can play at a high level for another 11 years.

Ross
09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Why don't you line up payton's numbers up against Marino's first 6 years and see how far "off" the pace he is?

Payton isn't the first QB to be on "pace" with spun stats to best Marino. If he can keep his current pace for another 10 years? What a joke. Payton lack's Dan's mentally toughness. Much less the toughness needed for another 10 years.

It's a pipe dream buddy. Smoke on....

--Ross

VanDolPhan
09-11-2004, 10:05 PM
At this rate Buffalo is on pace to never win a SuperBowl. Take your crap elsewhere DaQuix...it isn't new and we have seen your type before.

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 10:08 PM
At this rate Buffalo is on pace to never win a SuperBowl. Take your crap elsewhere DaQuix...it isn't new and we have seen your type before.

:roflmao: HAHAHAHA. HOW TRUE THIS IS. GREAT POST.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Why don't you line up payton's numbers up against Marino's first 6 years and see how far "off" the pace he is?

Payton isn't the first QB to be on "pace" with spun stats to best Marino. If he can keep his current pace for another 10 years? What a joke. Payton lack's Dan's mentally toughness. Much less the toughness needed for another 10 years.

It's a pipe dream buddy. Smoke on....

--Ross

I already did that the last time we had this discussion. He's too blinded by his love for Manning to see it.

phinman1
09-11-2004, 10:11 PM

O.K. you were right, Manning is on pace. Do you feel better now? I'm sure Peyton is very happy he has losers like you keeping up with his stats as compared to Marino.

Ross
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Pains me to say this but it's more like Montana with Manning being more like Marino (with a better offense around him). The thing about Marino that everyone seems to forget is the guy carried the Dolphins through most of his career. He never had a great defense (at least not until he was in his upper 30's) an Edgerrin James, Jerry Rice (coincidence that Montana, Young, and even Gannon had MVP years with the hands down best WR of all time playing with them), or Marvin Harrison. Marino made his receivers better than what they were for most of his career. If Brady wins another one I will have more respect for him than I do Montana due to the comparison in talent. If Montana was half what the football world thinks he was he would have won a Bowl in KC. Except Marino kept knocking the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

Montanta had the weakest arm in the NFL and still worked magic. By the time he had arrived in KC he was damaged goods and he he lost whatever ball speed he had. But before then, with the game on the line and the ball in his hand, he hardly ever didn't come through.

Still wasn't as good as Marino,

--Ross

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Montana is overrated ... Manning is underrated

ryancall32
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Montana is overrated ... Manning is underrated

You're right about Montana. But Manning underrated? I think he is far from that.

DaQuix
09-11-2004, 10:23 PM
lol - i thought id get a response about that

LIQUID24
09-11-2004, 10:34 PM
lol - i thought id get a response about that
Can you tell me your thought process when you decided to post this thread? Yes, Manning is pace right now but he still has a long way to go. Call us when he gets reasonably close to breaking some of Dan's records.

Oooh, I have an idea. I'm going to go on a Atlanta Braves message board and talk about how Alex Rodriguez is on pace to break Hank Aaron's HR record! That'll go over great! :rolleyes:

DolphanD
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
In the next 50 years Buffalo is on pace to go to 4 Super Bowls and lose them all.

MarinoEqualsGod
09-11-2004, 11:23 PM

Brett Favre has been more dominant than Peyton in the past decade, and if anyone is goin to break Marino's records, it's Favre (which i don't think will happen) but Brett just has to play like 2 or 3 more years and he will rival his TD record.:(

MarinoIsGod
09-11-2004, 11:33 PM
DaQuix - You are a loser. Go back to Buffalo where men are men and sheep are scared.

Fawn Lebowitz
09-12-2004, 12:30 AM
And all Peyton has to do to beat Marino's record is win ONE superbowl. Yep, I am pretty sure he can do that.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DrewOldSchool
09-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Yep. He QBs for a high maintenance offense just like Dan did. I love Dan but it is obvious from Peyton and his brother that they would rather go to the hall of fame then win a Super Bowl. Brady will do both. Peyton is a great passer though. I really don't like Ely much. Nobody should circumvent the NFL draft, I don't care who your Daddy is or how good you think you are.

tenndolfan
09-12-2004, 12:52 AM
DaQuix - You are a loser. Go back to Buffalo where men are men and sheep are scared. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FinsFan74
09-12-2004, 12:59 AM
or Montana

Oops, here comes the legion of Fin fans to burn me at the steak:lol:At the STEAK?! :shakeno: Do you mean stake??:roflmao:

PhinPhreak
09-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Yep and Drew was on pace to break Dan's single season yardage record 2 years ago and where was he at the end of the season, nowhere near it.

Same with Gannon....

On pace means crap......I think your on pace to oh nevermind. :lol:

tenndolfan
09-12-2004, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=FinsFan74]At the STEAK?! :shakeno: Do you mean stake??:roflmao:[/QUOTE jets fan overlook it my brother

FinsFan74
09-12-2004, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=FinsFan74]At the STEAK?! :shakeno: Do you mean stake??:roflmao:[/QUOTE jets fan overlook it my brotheroh yeah.....thanks for reminding me....

ABrownLamp
09-12-2004, 01:12 AM
And all Peyton has to do to beat Marino's record is win ONE superbowl. Yep, I am pretty sure he can do that.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:Oh wow!!! you are so right... all he has to do is win ONE Super Bowl...oh my god... you are so right... that is hilarious...wow...I mean if you think about it there are only 32 teams, each of which are trying to do the exact same thing...wow.. a 1 in 32 chance of getting to that goal... oh my God you are so right, that should be so easy...ha...just ONE and he breaks Marino's record..hahaha...oh man...whoo...wow..hold on...ok...ok...ya..wow...worst post ever..

Icer
09-12-2004, 01:37 AM
At the STEAK?! :shakeno: Do you mean stake??:roflmao:You got the gist of it, picking out a spelling error eh. whatever floats your boat

BuGaLoU
09-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Records will be broken. Doesn't make Marino any less of a QB.
By that logic Kelley sucked cause he didnt break the records!

Phinfan31
09-12-2004, 03:24 AM
Ok...this theory is correct...but alot of reasons why Its doubtful...do you guys really think Manning will stay in the league as long as Marino did? He has a very good team and Im guessing its very probable they could be superbowl champs soon, Dan never had the ring, thats the only thing that kept him going every year was the hope to win that ring, if Manning already has one, he will happily retire just like Elway. The only ones that stick around for 17 years are the ones like Marino who never had it. Even if he does stick around that long this is WITHOUT COUNTING HIM EVER GETTING INJURED....are you serious??? Give 5-7 more years and lets see how quick he is on his feet...with age comes injuries and theres no way hes going to last another 10+ years without any injuries, impossible. Dont get me wrong, Manning is my favorite QB in the league right now, I love watching him. If im not rooting for the dolphins I always love to see the colts win, but im just stating my opinion on this and it is possible...but not very likely

Jwcolour
09-12-2004, 04:12 AM
I think we have too many Peyton haters here...that said hes going to have to remain healthy for a while to be able to get Dipper dans numbers. Also next season Marvin could very well be gone and he might be missing one of the NFL's best recievers. Dan never had one of those though the Marks brothers were just about as good

Dol-Fan Dupree
09-12-2004, 04:32 AM
who cares. If Manning beats Marino's records, it doesn't mean Marino is a bad quarterback. Someday, someone will come along and beat Marino's records. Maybe even shatter them. Happens all of the time.

_dan24
09-12-2004, 04:52 AM
He's barely on pace, and WHAT IF? Harrison doesnt resign??

Anywho... records are ment to be broken.

FinsFan74
09-12-2004, 10:45 AM
You got the gist of it, picking out a spelling error eh. whatever floats your boatLighten up bro, it was a funny spelling error (not something like "threw" and "through") now if I was to say something like "What a stupid a#$ illiterate Jets fan" that would be different!!

Fawn Lebowitz
09-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh wow!!! you are so right... all he has to do is win ONE Super Bowl...oh my god... you are so right... that is hilarious...wow...I mean if you think about it there are only 32 teams, each of which are trying to do the exact same thing...wow.. a 1 in 32 chance of getting to that goal... oh my God you are so right, that should be so easy...ha...just ONE and he breaks Marino's record..hahaha...oh man...whoo...wow..hold on...ok...ok...ya..wow...worst post ever.. Dan went to the SuperBowl in his first year and never went again. Time flies pretty quickly. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Still say Peyton gets his ring this year.:cooldude:

dropKickMurphy
09-12-2004, 11:20 AM
I can see Manning continuing to put up big numbers. But with that defense, the Colts will continue to fall short in the post season. Yeah, Manning might be on pace to challenge Marino as the "QB with the best stats to never win a Super Bowl".

I'll say this though. At least Marino could beat the Patriots. As a Pats' fan, I hated watching those games, knowing Marino would always find a way to beat us.

With Manning, I look forward to his games against the Pats. There's nothing more entertaining than watching the faces he makes...the hands to the helmet...the outstretched arms... the utter frustration he exhibits every time he fails to beat the Pats.

I don't need no freakin' stats to tell me what I can see with my own eyes: Manning is no Dan Marino.