PDA

View Full Version : Guys, pray for us here in New Orleans.

DolphinDevil28
09-14-2004, 01:17 PM
We're going to catch some heat from Ivan. It's a category 4 right now, hopefully it turns to Alabama. They would be able to take it better than us, if we got a direct hit our whole city will be a swimming pool.

LOCAL SCUM!
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Make sure you get yourselves some candles and a bottle of something with a few dutch masters and a bag of chips...cause it's looks like this thing is serious. Good luck over there!

Wakey
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Dolphin Devil, my grandparents are in Harahan 1/4 mile from the river.. They left at 5 AM this morning. My Dad is in Covington, he's going to Arkansas.

If I was there I would high tail it out of there.

I'm praying for the entire state of Louisiana or wherever Ivan decides to go. I'll have a house full of people & dogs up from Florida for the next few days.

Jimmy James
09-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I send out my prayers and warm wishes to all of those who may be hit by this fierce storm. We had massive flooding just thanks to a tropical storm a couple of weeks back, so I think those of us in the Richmond area can empathize a little. I'm sure that the damage will unfortunately be far worse than anything we have seen the year I have been here (Isabel and the TS).

FinsFan74
09-14-2004, 02:08 PM
For all of you that are in the path of the storm, I wish you the best, and you guys are in our prayers. Fortunately, after being inland for awhile the storm will probably decrease in strength....but at any rate, you all be safe

dolfan72734me
09-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, I live in Mobile, Al, and it is supposed to directly hit me. I live right by the Mobile Bay. I just pray it weakens some before it hits, as I don`t have anywhere to go except Biloxi, Ms, and that is not much better. :cry:

finguy
09-14-2004, 05:44 PM
We will be praying here in Florida. If you can afford one you might want to get a generator to keep your fridge going and save the food you have. God bless.

themole
09-14-2004, 07:04 PM
My friend, that's not a valid excuse. If you have access to anything that rolls get you and yours in it or on it and flee! I read where the mayor of the Cresent City said you could be under 18 ft of WATER.

iceblizzard69
09-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I went to New Orleans when I was 9 and loved it. I really want to go back. I hope NO (and everywhere else for that matter) doesn't get hit too hard. :( NO is underwater so a strong hurricane could really do some serious damage. :(

t2thejz
09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
We're going to catch some heat from Ivan. It's a category 4 right now, hopefully it turns to Alabama. They would be able to take it better than us, if we got a direct hit our whole city will be a swimming pool.
Yea I pray for the best NO could be in some real deep ****

FIN-IN-RI
09-14-2004, 11:25 PM
God is with you guys man..

Be safe and stay positive,

Marc

DolphinDevil28
09-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Thanks everyone.

Fortunately, it has turned somewhat east. I hate to say that, because our friends in Alabama and Western Florida will get slammed. But I assure you their cities are better prepared for a hurricane than New Orleans is.

I don't think it will be as bad in N.O. as originally thought.

Clumpy
09-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Just in case, get out of town.

DolphinDevil28
09-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Clump, I'm already in Baton Rouge, which is more west of N.O. I'll be fine. I think N.O. will be fine also. My parents live on the West Bank right outside of N.O. and they are watching closely and are thinking of riding it out if it doesn't make a major shift westward.

phunwin
09-15-2004, 08:04 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WEATHER/09/15/hurricane.ivan/index.html

According to this morning's report, there's a 22% chance that New Orleans will take a direct hit from Ivan. In other words, there's about 1 chance in 5 that the entire city will be submerged. Holy $#!+!

If you're in that area...stop reading this and get out NOW. Good luck!