PDA

View Full Version : Bill Sign Mike Williams

steve_t
07-27-2002, 09:03 PM
It was announced today that the Bills have signed their top draft pick, Tackle Mike Williams. I was hoping that he would be a hold-out, but the deal is done. What impacts will he have in our match-ups with Buffalo? The Buffalo line is massive!

Clumpy
07-27-2002, 10:22 PM
We will run the ball down your throats!! :)

WNYRat
07-27-2002, 10:25 PM
WooHoo!! Big Mike is in the House !!

Is that Jason Taylor and Zack Thomas I hear whimpering in the background ??

WooHoo!!

MDFINFAN
07-27-2002, 10:28 PM
by the way, where are all the bills fans on this board..it seem like yesterday when they were everywhere here..what happen..

WooHoo!! you just signed a house...JT and ZT will be flying by him as he grasp for air.

Clumpy
07-27-2002, 10:32 PM
OL are not supposed to grab....that's called holding Duh!!

Our RBs will run through the massive holes in your D.......

WNYRat
07-27-2002, 10:35 PM
If they're flying by him, than they're over-running the play and freeing up MW to plow somebody else into the dust.

Nice way to avoid injury and embarassment--take yourself out of the play.

WNYRat
07-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey clump--good to see your posts, again.

MDFINFAN
07-27-2002, 10:41 PM
I didn't say grab,,I said grasp..read first, then post..
WNYrat...you completely missed the point..they won't be over running the play...oh well I don't think Im going to explain this.
Think about it..and that's all I'm going to say about that!!

WNYRat
07-27-2002, 10:50 PM
I'll explain it for you--Mike Williams is going to add so much power to the Bills running game, the right side is going to be a force on the ground. Since the Bills are going to control the game, from the ground, on the right side, don't kid yourself into thinking Bledsoe's going to be dropping back 50 times a game heaving the ball downfield--if JT and ZT are indeed "flying by" MW, it won't be on a jailbreak pass-rush--it'll be because they're avoiding MW's blocking altogether-thus wussing out and taking themselves out of the play to avoid injury or leaving their straps squashed on the field.

That is what you were alluding to, isn't it ??

dolphinators13
07-27-2002, 10:57 PM
no 1 cares about mike williams.

MDFINFAN
07-27-2002, 11:06 PM
You guys actually think JT and Zack will avoid a rookie..again I say think about it.

BillsMan80
07-28-2002, 12:02 AM
All I can say is that the Miami defense will be seeing the name Henry and #20 a LOT this year...because they will be looking at his jersey from behind.

Dajesus
07-28-2002, 12:10 AM
The funny thing is you say all this, but your defense couldn't stop Lamar from running thru your gaping hole that you pretend is a defense, and he was running behind our 3rd string o-line since half our line was on IR. What is going to happen with a healthy o-line and RW? Please by the time Henry even gets a chance to run behind your rookie RT RW will have already made your defense beg for mercy. Call me crazy, but I like the chances of our 3 d-lineman and 1 LB who all have pro bowl in their resume stopping your 750 yard rb than Fletcher alone(your d-line is a joke) stopping our 1200 yard back.

Muck
07-28-2002, 12:47 AM
Gilbride or Turner?? Hmm.... I'll take Norv's offense any day of the week.

Muck
07-28-2002, 12:49 AM
God knows the Bills will have to try the right side......because the middle will be shut down. Bowens and Chester are gonna set trespassing laws inside.

Baz
07-28-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Muck
God knows the Bills will have to try the right side......because the middle will be shut down. Bowens and Chester are gonna set trespassing laws inside.

:lol: Damn straight. Its nice that the Bills fans have their optimism. It'll be even nicer when they play the 'Fins and we crush that same optimism by the half......

baccarat
07-28-2002, 01:32 AM
Hes gonna have to face one of the best overall DEs.

Is that Mike Williams I hear whimpering in the background ??

Clumpy
07-28-2002, 07:37 AM
I find it VERY hard to believe Mike Williams wimpering at the prospects of facing Jason Taylor............dats phunny

Chester needs to get healthy first before ya can predict the middle will be solid vs run.

MoFinz
07-28-2002, 10:18 AM
LMAO......OK, i can understand hopefull wishes after a 3-13 season.(OK, since the Fins have NEVER sucked that bad, i cant, but i'll pretend for all the Bills fans that i can) But lets put Mike Williams in perspective. A rookie, albeit a talented one, who youre hanging your hat on to open up a ground game thats not totally proven either. Factor in the Dolphins ball control with our improved depth on the O line and Williams carrying the rock and it looks like you'll be depending on BledBlow to play catch up most of the time against us. And pass blocking means moving backwards, and i'll take Jason Taylor moving forward over Mike Williams backpedaling anyday, especially in Williams rookie season.
But keep trying Billsies. It's nice to see blind hope overcoming common sense=)

Clumpy
07-28-2002, 10:28 AM
Hmmmmm......Todd Wade was a 2nd rd pick.....he seemed to do well as a rookie, why couldn't Mike Williams?

Mike Williams plays ROT.........Taylor is predominantly a RDE and thus will match up against either Teague or Jennings, both of which, are upgrades over Fina

stan marino
07-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Funny how the bills fans ignored the comment about their defensive line...wonder why????

BillsMan80
07-28-2002, 11:15 AM
Because the D-Line of ours shouldn't be that bad...We have Aaron Schobel who had 6.5 sacks in only 11 starts AS a rookie, and Ryan Denney who should win the other spot who is a Phil Hansen carbon copy. Then in the middle we have a Pro Bowl type player in Pat Williams, and Tyrone Robertson who is a quick, penetrator, as Williams and Robertson are perfect for the 46 scheme.

stan marino
07-28-2002, 12:21 PM
other than williams u are putting alot of hope that these guys improve on last year...u guys did nothing to improve ur line this year...6th last in rushing yards allowed(2118) which turns out to be a rushing average of 4.4per carry and 132.4 yards per game...2nd last in rushing tds allowed(20), and 3rd last in rushing 1st downs allowed with 122...now we all know pat williams was out for 2 games and that stats generally dont tell the whole story...but it looks to me like there is alot of room for improvement...

steve_t
07-28-2002, 12:41 PM
Stan is right - the Bills have not done anything to upgrade their D. Even though our O-line is not the best, it should be good enough to beat the Bills.

Now - back the the theme of the thread: how well does our D-line stack up againt the Bills O-line on a man to man basis?

BillsMan80
07-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Excuse me, but we're not putting hope on Aaron Schobel to improve. Schobel had 59 tackles, and 6.5 sacks in 11 starts as a rookie. Thats pretty damn good. I think there is a reason to believe he will be better. And how can you say we have not done anything to upgrade our defense? London Fletcher, Eddie Robinson, Billy Jenkins...all these guys are proven performers on teams that went to the Super Bowl. They will make this defense at least average.

stan marino
07-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Yeah and the guy who u said is good at penetrating only had 2 sacks!!! Maybe he was penetrating ur mom...

Baz
07-28-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Hmmmmm......Todd Wade was a 2nd rd pick.....he seemed to do well as a rookie, why couldn't Mike Williams?

Mike Williams plays ROT.........Taylor is predominantly a RDE and thus will match up against either Teague or Jennings, both of which, are upgrades over Fina

Kenyatta Walker was a 1st round pick, and he didn't play too well. In fact, the Bucs brought in Lomas Brown to push him. So you can't automatically assume that Mike Williams is going to be this all-world offensive tackle when he hasn't even played a down yet. He does have the potential to be a top tackle, its just a matter of him realizing that potential......

steve_t
07-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Come on Stan - be civil here! After all, we are counting on three linemen at Left End that had only four sacks combined last year, and that is my point - how are they and the other linemen going to stack up against the huge bills O-line? Looking for some decent analysis here!

TigerJ
07-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Let's get a few facts straight here, OK. No smack, just facts. First, for the time being, Mike Williams will be playing RT. Jason Taylor, the last time I looked, lines up at RDE. The means he lines up against the LT. Lining up against Mike Williams will be Rob Burnett or some as yet undetermined LDE. Yes, Mike Williams is a rookie, and college success does not always translate to early pro success. Miami fans are also counting on Rob Burnett making a big comeback after a sub par season last year, or Jay Williams doing the same. Burnett was fighting injuries and may be healthy, but there is no more guarrantee that they will improve upon their recent lack of success than there is of Mike Williams being successful. The recently released depth chart for the Bills (which is still subject to change) has Jennings at LT (Teague at center). Jennings allowed zero sacks last year. Granted he's switching from the right side to the left. He'll be facing quicker guys (like Taylor). The reason Buffalo is doing this (apparently) is that Jennings is their most athletic lineman. At 6'4" and 320, the Bills think he is very quick, smart and strong. Who will win that battle, Jennings or Taylor? I don't know. I think it's going to be very interesting. But it's not going to be the slam dunk for Taylor that it was last year when he faced a hobbled and past his prime John Fina or such low caliber reserves as Kris Farris or Jon Carman.

BTW, Buffalo will start Ostroski at guard when he's healthy. Marques Sullivan is working at right guard and, as I said, Teague at center. Sullivan was a rookie last year and a mid round draft choice who struggled at tackle, but he's athletic, and according to team officials has matured in the off season. He may push Ostroski by midseason IMO. Teague was a very good center in college, and the Bills think he is an upgrade over the smart, gutsy, but not very athletic Bill Conaty.

The bottom line is that Buffalo has upgraded 60% of the starting positions on the O-line. Williams for Jennings is probably a wash at RT, and Rueben Brown remains a fixture at LG. Meanwhile, Miami has lost personnel on their D-line, and replaced those losses primarily with free agents who were not as good as the guys they lost. That should translate to greater protection for the Buffalo QB, not less, and a better running game. However, as always, we'll have to wait until the real bullets fly to know if it actually works that way.

On the other side of the line of scrimmage, Miami had similar problems to Buffalo on their offensive line (injuries), though IMO Miami may have had a little better depth. You've got some guys back who are healthy again, and signed some free agents. The free agents range from guys who have had injury problems (Searcy) that it is hoped are in the past, to guys who enjoyed less than amazing success elsewhere (Jaimie Nails). Is it less of a pipe dream to think that these guys can come back from injury and poor career starts than Buffalo's hope for solid play from a rookie (Williams), a second year player in a new position (Jennings), a slightly older player going back to a college position (Teague), and another second year player developing after a less than successful rookie campaign (Sullivan)? I don't know. It'll be interesting to watch. Meanwhile on the D-line, Buffalo lost LDE, Phil Hansen to retirement. He is the only significant loss. Buffalo chose not to spend a premium draft pick on a defensive lineman, or sign an expensive elite free agent. They are counting instead on development from DTs Ron Edwards and Tyrone Robertson, and DE's Schobel (who was good as a rookie) Office, and (heretofore) dissappointing Erik Flowers. They drafted Denney as a high/midlevel pick and Bannan as a mid/late rounder. There are some other low priced free agents who are long shots to be a factor. Buffalo is not going to experience the night and day kind of turnaround in the D-line that they might have gotten from a couple high profile free agents, but they probably will experience some incremental improvement. After all, developing young talent is the old fashioned method for making a team better. Specifically, Edwards, Robertson, Office, and Flowers have all added lean weight in the off season. They seem to have a good attitude and more maturity.

I believe that Buffalo's offence should experience significant improvement as a result of improved line play, if nothing else had changed. Of course Buffalo fans think the coaching and QB changes should result in even more improvement, but we'll see about that.

Miami's signing of Ricky Williams in the off- season probably gives Miami's offence more of an edge vs. Buffalo's defense than it had a year ago. That will be more of an issue earlier. As the season wears on the chance grows that Buffalo's young defense will find itself.

steve_t
07-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Whew! Meaty post! Looking for a fellow Miami fan to offer the opposing viewpoint.

Baz
07-28-2002, 10:10 PM
First off, anyone who suggests that the Buffalo O-Line is not improved is just talking smack. The issue being discussed here is a couple of your fellow Bills fans are coming and saying that Mike Williams is already this stud tackle, when he has yet to even play an exhibition game. There is not one person here who is saying that the Buffalo O-line has not improved, we are just arguing the fact that nothing is known yet, and they should wait until Mike Williams plays a season before they start making these statements.

I don't know what you were saying about the 'Fins D-line, but it is indeed improved. There were 3 significant losses on the 'Fins D-line, Gardener, Mixon, and Bromell. It can be argued how badly they will be missed, but here is the consensus, from what I've heard.

Mixon-Strictly a run-stopping DE. Very little pass rush.

Bromell-pass-rushing DE with a tendency to draw the 15-yard
penalty.

Gardener-Athlete with few peers when healthy. Bad attitude,
locker-room cancer. Injured almost 60% of the time.

To replace these veterans, Wanne-Spiel brought in Larry Chester, Jay Williams, and Rob Burnett. Also, David Bowens and O-gun are given the chance to earn more expansive roles. David Bowens has every chance to just as good a Bromell was, maybe even better. Jay Williams/Rob Burnett easily upgrade Mixon. While Larry Chester is nowhere as talented as Gardener, the fact that he is healthy, has a good attitude, and can hold his own against the run makes this an upgrade. If you're too lazy to read all that, the point is that both the Buffalo O-line and the Miami D-line are improved. This means the deciding factor is going to come from a different part of the team............

steve_t
07-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Good points BM. I know that the other players on both sides have a lot to do with the overall scheme of things, but my main concern is the individual match-ups on the line:

Taylor - TBo - Chester - J.Williams/Burnett
Jennings - Brown - Teague - Sullivan/Ostroski - M.Williams

That is a lot of beef that the Bills can bring to bear. The smallest man is Teague in the middle at about 290 while the rest must average about 330! Is Jennings quick enough to handle Taylor? TBo has held his own in the past but is starting to fade - will he or Chester command a double team? That is what was missed when Gardner went down. Will the massive rookie Williams be able to cope with savvy veterans?

MDFINFAN
07-28-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by steve_t
Good points BM. I know that the other players on both sides have a lot to do with the overall scheme of things, but my main concern is the individual match-ups on the line:

Taylor - TBo - Chester - J.Williams/Burnett
Jennings - Brown - Teague - Sullivan/Ostroski - M.Williams

That is a lot of beef that the Bills can bring to bear. The smallest man is Teague in the middle at about 290 while the rest must average about 330! Is Jennings quick enough to handle Taylor? TBo has held his own in the past but is starting to fade - will he or Chester command a double team? That is what was missed when Gardner went down. Will the massive rookie Williams be able to cope with savvy veterans?

That's the point, will Williams scare a Vet..no..but will he hold his own..time will tell..JT has handle just about every Tackle he come against except..Boselli..but JT was young then..TimBo when motivated is a load..Saw Mucks tape of Chester..he commands double teams..and Rob..Jay..and David can handle their business..their proven vets and a up and comer. Defense usually has an edge on O..I think Miami will win this battle in the trenches.

dirtywhiteboy
07-28-2002, 10:48 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE..."big mike's" a$$ out in the florida sun and humidity...they might have to plant some trees around the visitors bench just to get his big a$$ some more oxygen...travis henry will be running up his backside all day long..."get the f#$% outta my way you fat@#$%^&":D

The Beach Bum
07-28-2002, 11:00 PM
williams is not as good as you think.... JT is arguably the best DE in the league

DURRRRRRRR IM A BILLS FAN DUUUUUUUR
"ONE OL IS GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR TEAM..... DURRRRRRRRR"

Clumpy
07-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Mike Williams played at the University of Texas.........it gets hot there DUH!

Dajesus
07-28-2002, 11:53 PM
What Bills fans are saying their new players will be the best in the league...No that can't be. Please they got Drew Bledsoe and think they found Brett Farve. They got Mike Williams and think they already have Ogden. They got London Fletcher and think they found Ray Lewis. Williams is deffinilty a true talent, and may turn out to be a pro bowl tackle, but it is a fact that starting a rookie on the o-line can only hurt you as much as it helps. On certain plays he will push pro bowl DEs around like school children, but then on other plays he will miss an important read and almost get his QB killed. It has happend with 99.9% of all rookie starting o-lineman. The true question is not if Mike Williams can start a ground attack, but can the fragile Bledsoe who has been sacked 105 times in his last 34 games survive playing with 2 new starting tackles in Buffalo?

Clumpy
07-29-2002, 12:34 AM
and Larry Chester will replace Gardener :lol:

Your DL has regressed and our OL has been upgraded.

Our DL will need young players to improve quickly and your OL is relatively unchanged......has potential to be better if fully healthy.

Time will tell!

baccarat
07-29-2002, 12:46 AM

Our DL will need young players to improve quickly and your OL is relatively unchanged......has potential to be better if fully healthy.

Time will tell!

This proves how uniformed you are when it comes to the Dolphins. The run defense in the 14 games Gardener missed and the 18 games he played the previous two seasons, and the difference is
7 yards per game. With Gardener, the Dolphins allowed 106.3 yards on the ground per game. When he was out with back injuries, they allowed 113.2
rushing yards per game.

Read this:
http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/sunday/sports_d3a342bf03b720310042.html

Chester was a good run stopper w/ Carolina.

Dajesus
07-29-2002, 12:58 AM

Time will tell!

You could do a little more research my freind. Just like Fletcher isn't replacing Cowart neither is Chester replacing DG. DG has missed as many games as he has played in the past 2 seasons so he can't be missed that much. Chester is really steping up for Grant and Haley. Our o-oline has not been changed that much except maybee Searcy willl start over over Perry(if leon can stay healthy), but the big difference is they will not have 3 guys on the ir this season, not will the remaining starters be forced to play through injuries. We have added depth, and won't be forced to stick with a guy if he is strugleing. The difference is the core of our o-line has played together, and played at a very high level(2000 season). The core of player that have remained in Buffalp played badly together, and you brought in an unwanted free agent and a rookie with a lot of POTENTIAL. You also don't have a proven 1000 yard back on your team, or a d-line that has proven they can hold up against the run. That is the bottom line, untill they prove any of those things you really are just shooting off at the mouth.

steve_t
07-29-2002, 07:38 AM
The match-up that scares me is M. Williams against J.Williams. JW is average plain and simple. In a running situation he could be manhandled if MW is as good as advertised, and there is no reason to think that he is not.

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2002, 01:14 PM
"Fletcher gave the Rams more than they ever imagined. He led them with 14 tackles, 10 solo, in their Super Bowl XXXIV victory against Tennessee. He set a team record by making 193 total tackles in 2000. His 189 tackles last year were 70 more than the No. 2 guy.

While Baltimore's Ray Lewis is the most heavily publicized among NFL linebackers in recent seasons, Fletcher wreaked even more havoc in one critical aspect. He created 11 turnovers the last two years with six interceptions and five forced fumbles. Lewis caused six total turnovers in the same span."

and now he is a Bill..... -no I don't think we have found R. Lewis (older) or Zach Thomas (older).... we found someone younger, more intense, and WAY more determined than any of those 2 ever were.... IM(honest)O, London Fletcher is BETTER than those 2 LB's and if given the choice, I would choose him.

1) JJ = 0 sacks allowed last year
2) MW = considered better than JJ
3) What does this all mean? JT and ZT will be cryin!!!!!!!

then you add Teague, Sullivan, RUBEN BROWN, and Jerry Ostroski...... sorry, but we will run that ball 'till the cows come home!!! Then when you guys bring 8 in the box, DB will give E-mo a bomb or two to keep the defense honest!

3W
07-29-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Dajesus
What Bills fans are saying their new players will be the best in the league...No that can't be. Please they got Drew Bledsoe and think they found Brett Farve. They got Mike Williams and think they already have Ogden. They got London Fletcher and think they found Ray Lewis. Williams is deffinilty a true talent, and may turn out to be a pro bowl tackle, but it is a fact that starting a rookie on the o-line can only hurt you as much as it helps. On certain plays he will push pro bowl DEs around like school children, but then on other plays he will miss an important read and almost get his QB killed. It has happend with 99.9% of all rookie starting o-lineman. The true question is not if Mike Williams can start a ground attack, but can the fragile Bledsoe who has been sacked 105 times in his last 34 games survive playing with 2 new starting tackles in Buffalo?

Have to disagree with you on a few points DJ. We are not all saying that we will have the best OL in the league, we will however be vastly improved. It may take a few games to get the line jelled but we will be improved. As far as Drew, he may have had a little bit of bad luck the last couple years but if you look at his career overall he is one of the most durable QBs in the leagues. His last injury was a result of Mo Lewis who seems to have a pension for cheap shotting QBs when he gets the chance.
DB is not the second coming of Brett Favre but he is still pretty damn good and if gets comfortable with this team and gets the support he needs he is still capable f being a Pro-Bowl QB again.
Actually, if you throw out the last couple of years his stats weren't too far off from Favre's anyways. Like I said before, you guys can have Gay Fiddler, I'll take my chances with Drew anyday and I think that you guys would be equally as excited if he was in your camp.

Baz
07-29-2002, 02:02 PM
More determined? There is not one player in the NFL more determined than Zach Thomas, and you know it. That garbage you're spewing about choosing Fletcher over Ray Lewis or Zach homas is simply BS. Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas were, and again will be, tested very often by the opposing team. The fact is that they are ran at very often, and they both hold up better than any other LB in the league. On the other hand, you said yourself that London Fletcher was ran at significantly less. We'll see how Mr. Fletcher holds up when he is ran at as often as those 2 are. 10 bucks says if he doesn't get injured, he isn't going to be nearly as effective. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he will suck at it. I still can't believe you said he was more determined than Zach......

RobertHoover
07-29-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BMarion31
In fact, I'll go as far as to say he will suck at it. I still can't believe you said he was more determined than Zach......

So how do you measure that, the suck part. I want to be able to give you credit if somehow you're right.

As far as determined, You think Zach is determined because he plays for you, plain and simple. If Zach was a Bill or a Jet or a Cowboy you would think he was overrated. Thats what fans do.

3W
07-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE..."big mike's" a$$ out in the florida sun and humidity...they might have to plant some trees around the visitors bench just to get his big a$$ some more oxygen...travis henry will be running up his backside all day long..."get the f#$% outta my way you fat@#$%^&":D

Come on Bro, you look at this man and tell me he looks fat to you. Plus he played his career in Texas anyways, how much hotter does it get.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Is this guy a stud or what?;)

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2002, 02:33 PM
his weight is muscle.... plus he isn't like most lineman. His weight isn't in the "gut" or "potbelly" form.... look at the v-shape of his body..... that indicates to me that he is not overweight, but extremely strong.

look at those muscles and shoulders.... that boy ain't fat!!!! If you compare MW to my avatar, you'll see the difference!

dirtywhiteboy
07-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 3W

Come on Bro, you look at this man and tell me he looks fat to you. Plus he played his career in Texas anyways, how much hotter does it get.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Is this guy a stud or what?;)

first off, it gets hot in texas, but let his ass feel the humidity so fla will have waiting for him:evil:

3w, i know he's not fat...was my smack that lame?:drinker:

3W
07-29-2002, 10:09 PM

first off, it gets hot in texas, but let his ass feel the humidity so fla will have waiting for him:evil:

3w, i know he's not fat...was my smack that lame?:drinker:

LOL...DWB your smack can roll with the best of them:D Buuuuuut!... I'll tell you what Bro, talk about sucking some oxygen up...you better plant a damn forest around Pro Player's as long as you have Jamie Nails in the house and you better have emergency oxygen tanks distributed around for the fans, because everytime he goes four downs there's going to be a lot of lightheaded finsfans gasping for some air..:D :lol:
:lol: :lol:

dirtywhiteboy
07-30-2002, 12:54 AM
nahh, we got his ass on stacker 4 and he's only allowed to drink slimfast and eat sunflower seeds...we are also trying to induce anorexia, he'll be trim and fit before you know it!

Baz
07-30-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RobertHoover

So how do you measure that, the suck part. I want to be able to give you credit if somehow you're right.

As far as determined, You think Zach is determined because he plays for you, plain and simple. If Zach was a Bill or a Jet or a Cowboy you would think he was overrated. Thats what fans do.

In determined I mean that since he started in the NFL, he has always had the people who doubt him because of his size. He has been determined to prove them wrong. Plus he really, really seems to want that SB ring. For some reason, I still see the occasional "Zach is too small" garbage. I guess some people are slow learners.

On the London Fletcher comment, let me rephrase that. He won't suck, but I bet he won't put up the same numbers. At the end of the season, if I was wrong, I'll admit it. However, I do think that the extra pounding he will take will shake him up a bit.........

3W
07-30-2002, 01:18 AM
nahh, we got his ass on stacker 4 and he's only allowed to drink slimfast and eat sunflower seeds...we are also trying to induce anorexia, he'll be trim and fit before you know it!

ROFLMAO!! Hell, when he was with the Bills, by the time Big Jamie got done putting a load on the team grocery bill they were $10 million dollars over the cap..it wasn't the player's contracts that put them over, it was that $7 million dollar contract that they had with Tops and BurgerKing! Since he left, 2 BKs and 3 McDonalds have gone bellyup:lol: :lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 03:07 PM
you know...... there is a lot of humidity in Buffalo, being near the great lakes and all!!! Our Temperatures over the past few weeks have been almost identical to yours, and we have had a LOT of humidity the past few days! He seems fine.

kfman87
07-30-2002, 03:13 PM
MY MOTTO-You must be on drugs if your a finfan!!

dirtywhiteboy
07-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by kfman87
MY MOTTO-You must be on drugs if your a finfan!!

now if this isn't a nominee for "most intelligent first post" of the year award, i don't know what will make it...way to come roaring in there k f man:lol: :drinker: :lol:

dirtywhiteboy
07-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
you know...... there is a lot of humidity in Buffalo, being near the great lakes and all!!! Our Temperatures over the past few weeks have been almost identical to yours, and we have had a LOT of humidity the past few days! He seems fine.

STOP IT!!!! between you and k ef man, i can't keep a straight face anymore!:lol:

i'm gonna take back my avatar vote if you don't stop posting stupid sh1t like this.

:monkey: <<<<buffalo humidity:lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
temp in buffalo at 5:30 = 88

temp in Miami at 5:30 = 88

humidity in b-lo = 76%

humidity in Miami = (forget exact number....) less

how is my post funny again???

WharfRat
07-30-2002, 10:32 PM

how is my post funny again???

every post you make is funny with that avatar!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-31-2002, 12:14 AM
well it scares the **** out of me...

I've already been getting complaints, but for different reasons.... kids see the avatar and it makes them convert to Bills fans while at the same time, giving them nightmares and causing them to go into therapy.....

TigerJ
07-31-2002, 12:32 AM
I think it's kind of interesting that Miami fans keep saying Mike Williams is bound to struggle as a rookie. Kenny Walker is cited as an example. Well, Jonas Jennings our own third round rookie last year allowed zero sacks. Mike Williams was considered by the Bills to be the best lineman in the draft. He has come into camp with a great attitude, and has done everything asked of him, and done it well. When Buffalo plays Miami, Williams will not ordinarily face Taylor, though I don't think he would be afraid to do so. I don't think he'll have any problems at all with Burnett, Jay Williams, or David Bowens. To be perfectly honest, the biggest problem the Bills have on their line is getting Teague ready to play center.

WharfRat
07-31-2002, 08:57 AM
it makes them convert to Bills fans while at the same time, giving them nightmares and causing them to go into therapy.....

My kids would have nightmares, and need therapy too if they were converted to Bills fans!!! :p :D :p

Baz
07-31-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I think it's kind of interesting that Miami fans keep saying Mike Williams is bound to struggle as a rookie. Kenny Walker is cited as an example. Well, Jonas Jennings our own third round rookie last year allowed zero sacks. Mike Williams was considered by the Bills to be the best lineman in the draft. He has come into camp with a great attitude, and has done everything asked of him, and done it well. When Buffalo plays Miami, Williams will not ordinarily face Taylor, though I don't think he would be afraid to do so. I don't think he'll have any problems at all with Burnett, Jay Williams, or David Bowens. To be perfectly honest, the biggest problem the Bills have on their line is getting Teague ready to play center.

We are not saying he "is bound to struggle". We are merely stating that before he is labeled the savior of your O-line, let him play a season, or at least a few games. If/When he proves to be this stud tackle, then your fellow Bills fans can talk it up. Personally, I believe he is going to be an outstanding football player. Its just too bad he went to a division rival......

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:13 AM
thanx for the intelligent insight Bmarion!

Baz
08-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Was that sarcastic or sincere? I can never tell in this forum......

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:23 AM
sincere

Baz
08-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Alrighty then. Thats pretty funny though, I compliment a member of your team and I'm making an "intelligent insight"......

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:32 AM
no, you didn't compliment him.... well sort of.... you said we shouldn't praise him yet, cuz he is still a rookie and that is "intelligent insight"