PDA

View Full Version : THE REAL STATS.... finally the truth!

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2002, 12:54 PM
London Fletcher DID have more tackles than Zach Thomas.....(while being run against MUCH MUCH less.....)

(from D&C)
"Fletcher gave the Rams more than they ever imagined. He led them with 14 tackles, 10 solo, in their Super Bowl XXXIV victory against Tennessee. He set a team record by making 193 total tackles in 2000. His 189 tackles last year were 70 more than the No. 2 guy.

While Baltimore's Ray Lewis is the most heavily publicized among NFL linebackers in recent seasons, Fletcher wreaked even more havoc in one critical aspect. He created 11 turnovers the last two years with six interceptions and five forced fumbles. Lewis caused six total turnovers in the same span."

:p

dolfan87
07-29-2002, 12:59 PM
What does this have to do with the Dolphins? Tackles are an unofficial stat, therefore you have zero concrete proof of who had more tackles.

Like it matters anyway.

akfinfan
07-29-2002, 01:06 PM
Yeah, and you should be concerned with your team, and not ours.

RobertHoover
07-29-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by chambers84
Yeah, and you should be concerned with your team, and not ours.

Seems to be a lot of that going around.

dolphan39
07-29-2002, 01:16 PM
sounds like MR started in the middle of a conversion that we had a few months ago

Cranx
07-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
sounds like MR started in the middle of a conversion that we had a few months ago
Sometimes Jills fans can be a little slow. :lol:

scotgif
07-29-2002, 01:32 PM
What's next, NAH-NAH, NAH-NAH-NAH?

badfoot
07-29-2002, 01:54 PM
when the seasons over this guy will be talking about "wait till we play you guys this year !" moulds stop embarresing your self on here ..go to the jills room and chill.

Predaphin
07-29-2002, 02:17 PM
When the season is over (even though hes slow) He wont come over here anymore,after he finds out we once again whooped his teams a$$ TWICE!

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2002, 02:21 PM
There was a big argument about this a few weeks ago, and nobody believed me when I said Fletcher had 189 tackles last year and even more in 2000..... this is the OFFICIAL and FINAL tally of his tackles.....

and how is this not in the smack forum yet???? i thought it wouldn't last even 5 minutes w/out being moved....

inFINSible
07-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by scotgif
What's next, NAH-NAH, NAH-NAH-NAH?

No....I'm sure "Marino Sucks!" will be the title of his next thread.:lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-29-2002, 02:25 PM
don't ever put me in the same category as edge/cmartin!!!! That's the worst thing you can do to a person!

p.s. Why/How did my Wanny picture offend you guys???

I guess it was just the emotional effects of PMS... :lol:

inFINSible
07-29-2002, 02:27 PM
sorry moulds that was low...I know.

VanDolPhan
07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
As if. Someone is inflating those stats. Silly Bills fan believed it to.

CNNSI - Zack 117 tackles
- Fletcher 93 tackles

ESPN - Zack 117 tackles
- Fletcher 93 tackles

So get over it. London is no Zach Thomas.

Muck
07-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Who's D&C??

clayton83
07-29-2002, 04:18 PM
now heres a stat:

buffalo bills, 0-4 in superbowls.

this means the bills are the biggest chokers in the history of the nfl. it's an undeniable stat that says the bills are losers. and as far as i can see, there fans are to. nothin' but batery chukin', brain dead losers.

never met one yet who was worth wiping my azz on.

:monkey: on the bills!!

dolfan25
07-29-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
London Fletcher DID have more tackles than Zach Thomas.....(while being run against MUCH MUCH less.....)

(from D&C)
"Fletcher gave the Rams more than they ever imagined. He led them with 14 tackles, 10 solo, in their Super Bowl XXXIV victory against Tennessee. He set a team record by making 193 total tackles in 2000. His 189 tackles last year were 70 more than the No. 2 guy.

While Baltimore's Ray Lewis is the most heavily publicized among NFL linebackers in recent seasons, Fletcher wreaked even more havoc in one critical aspect. He created 11 turnovers the last two years with six interceptions and five forced fumbles. Lewis caused six total turnovers in the same span."

:p

Try this link
http://www.nfl.com/stats/ltacNFL.htm
and tell me how he had more tackles than Ray Lewis. Oh by the way these are stats from NFL.com which is a better soutce than whatever DC is.

As for causing turnovers, it's a lot easier to create TO's when you're up 35-10 in almost every game like Fletcher was with the Rams. It won't be as easy for him with the Bills. You also can't compare Fletcher to Lewis. Ray is likely a HOFer while London has a slim chance of going there.

3W
07-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by clayton83
now heres a stat:

this means the bills are the biggest chokers in the history of the nfl. it's an undeniable stat that says the bills are losers. and as far as i can see, there fans are to. nothin' but batery chukin', brain dead losers.

:monkey: on the bills!!

umm..at least we've been there in the last 25 or 30 years:goof: BAWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! And this coming from a fan of a team (a K-mart version of the Carolina Panthers) that has a top rated defense all of the regular season and then proceeds to get lit up like a tiki torch in the Post-season. Hey Gayton83...pull those slippery little K-gel coated fingers from that encrusted keyboard, step away from the ole' 486 that you found out by the dumpster, give your sister back her Barbie dolls, and realize that everyone thinks you're entertaining, but not for the reasons YOU think you are. BAWAHAAAAAA!!!

P.S. It is obvious by the funky smell coming out of your draws that you haven't found anything worth wiping your azz on..pew!

:goof:

dolfan06
07-30-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 3W

umm..at least we've been there in the last 25 or 30 years:goof: BAWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! And this coming from a fan of a team (a K-mart version of the Carolina Panthers) that has a top rated defense all of the regular season and then proceeds to get lit up like a tiki torch in the Post-season. Hey Gayton83...pull those slippery little K-gel coated fingers from that encrusted keyboard, step away from the ole' 486 that you found out by the dumpster, give your sister back her Barbie dolls, and realize that everyone thinks you're entertaining, but not for the reasons YOU think you are.

P.S. It obvious by the funk coming out of your draws that you haven't found anything worth wiping your azz on..pew!

:goof: i don't know where you get your stats, but the last time the fins were in a superbowl was 16 years ago, 1984! and we have been there one more time than the bills, and we even won a couple! READ A RECORD BOOK!

dolfan06
07-30-2002, 12:38 AM
the funk coming out of your draws what in gods name are draws!?:eek:

3W
07-30-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't know where you get your stats, but the last time the fins were in a superbowl was 16 years ago, 1984! and we have been there one more time than the bills, and we even won a couple! READ A RECORD BOOK!

Oh, my badz..:D I forgot that you guys choked in 1984 just like we did when we went...and it was so long ago when you guys did win it that the statue of limitations has run out...but the next time I am in Egypt I will try and decipher those pictures on the walls in the pyramids to see what year you guys did win it:D :lol: :lol:

3W
07-30-2002, 01:05 AM
what in gods name are draws!?:eek:

draws=drawers=BVDs=underwear=those yellow to the front, brown to the back tattered up draws that you love to get at KMart and probably have on right now, yuh lil booty bandit:D :lol: :lol:

Muck
07-30-2002, 11:55 AM
Nah, we didn't choke. We were a one-dimensional team that ran into a balanced team who finished 18-1. I'd hardly call that choking.

dolfan25
07-30-2002, 12:35 PM
The Bills choked in the 1st 1. They were the inferior team in the last 3 SB's.

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 02:52 PM
I never said he had more tackles than Ray Lewis..... more TURNOVERS!!!! Dumbass, learn to read!

p.s. Vandolfan, If you honestly believe Zach Thomas had only 117 tackles, you must really be stupid.....

3W
07-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Nice avatar Mouldsy...LMAO!!

Capt. Dick
07-30-2002, 03:56 PM
I wonder if somebody will complain about Mouldsy`s avatar. I can see him years from now sittin` in an old folks home, cussin` and changing avatars for the 4000th time. :lol:

btw....I`m laughing with you....not at you. :lol:

I`m saving smack for the assholes who wander in here.:evil:

3W
07-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I wonder if somebody will complain about Mouldsy`s avatar. I can see him years from now sittin` in an old folks home, cussin` and changing avatars for the 4000th time. :lol:

btw....I`m laughing with you....not at you. :lol:

I`m saving smack for the assholes who wander in here.:evil:

:rocker: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Capt. Dick
07-30-2002, 05:20 PM
3W.....I swear on the holy mother, I laughed so hard at that pic, I got tears in my eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3W
07-30-2002, 05:33 PM
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

inFINSible
07-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Too ****lng funny 3w!!! LMFAO!!!!

dolphinators13
07-30-2002, 06:07 PM
good pic... moulds talking to a dog.. his only friend

WharfRat
07-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by dolphinators13
good pic... moulds talking to a dog.. his only friend

Oh sh!t... his friend? I thought that was his wife! :confused:

:lol:

3W
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
LOL..comeon you guys are going to get me in trouble with my man Mouldsy...Moulds, if you're listening man, I did not put this picture up to ridicule you...we're both on the same side..sorry for all of the feedback on it:rolleyes: :D

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 10:13 PM
i'll let it slide this one time....

dolfan06
07-31-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by 3W

:rocker: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif that was priceless!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3W
07-31-2002, 01:15 PM
:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

inFINSible
07-31-2002, 04:04 PM
I swear to God, I just laughed out loud AGAIN!!

3W
07-31-2002, 05:02 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

MOULDSROCKS
07-31-2002, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes:

Capt. Dick
07-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
:rolleyes:

Hey Mouldsy....lighten up and laugh or I`m gonna complain to the mods about your avatar! :D :lol:

dolfan25
07-31-2002, 07:23 PM
So are you saying that Fletcher is better than Lewis. Oh and TO's are not the measure of an ILB, tackles are. The article you posted said he had more tackles.

So you compare London to Zach on tackles but you compare him to Lewis on TO"s.Talk about picking and chosing. Both Zach and Ray are better than London.

Billhoff
07-31-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by clayton83
now heres a stat:

:monkey: on the bills!! Ahhhhh,Yea, it was fun beating the Hell of of the stinkfish them there years,Ahhhhhhhh, , thanks for taken me back to them years. Ahhhhhhh!...... buy the way do you think Marino was watching the superbowls in a bar or in his house or maybe at a TEAMATES house or maybe down the street to his neigbors or he could of been in seats 12 row 30 at the game or ...and this is where I think he was, at his MOMMYS house cryiny like the f-ing BABY!:lol:

dolfan06
07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Billhoff
Ahhhhh,Yea, it was fun beating the Hell of of the stinkfish them there years,Ahhhhhhhh, , thanks for taken me back to them years. Ahhhhhhh!...... buy the way do you think Marino was watching the superbowls in a bar or in his house or maybe at a TEAMATES house or maybe down the street to his neigbors or he could of been in seats 12 row 30 at the game or ...and this is where I think he was, at his MOMMYS house cryiny like the f-ing BABY!:lol: just remember, the fins have more wins against the bills than any other team!:p

WharfRat
07-31-2002, 10:14 PM
just remember, the fins have more wins against the bills than any other team!:p

Not to mention the fact that we've actually WON two of the superbowls we've been to....
Bwaahaaahaaaa....

dolfan06
08-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat

Not to mention the fact that we've actually WON two of the superbowls we've been to....
Bwaahaaahaaaa.... do you think bills fans actually care about that, good grief, all they know how to do is try to talk smack. they don't realize they are failing miserably!;) :rolleyes:

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25
So are you saying that Fletcher is better than Lewis. Oh and TO's are not the measure of an ILB, tackles are. The article you posted said he had more tackles.

So you compare London to Zach on tackles but you compare him to Lewis on TO"s.Talk about picking and chosing. Both Zach and Ray are better than London.

nooooooo, i never said any of that, but now that you ask.....

I rate the LB's like so:

1) Ray Lewis
2) London Fletcher
3) Zach Thomas
4) Brian Urlacher
5) Kendrell Bell (this kid is the real deal)/ LaVar Arrington

Baz
08-01-2002, 12:24 AM
How exactly is London Fletcher better than Zach Thomas? Playing on a strong team such as the Rams has made him look a lot better than he probably is. As I stated on another thread, now that he will take a similar amount of punishment as Zach and Ray, he will finally show his real talents....

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:28 AM
actually, playing on the rams makes him look worse. Think about it, the offense completely dominates the T.O.P. and after racking up the points, the opposing team is always passing the ball. This means there are far fewer opportunities for him to get as many tackles as other LB's..... plus, i kinda took character/leadership into that #2 selection WHICH I KNOW THOMAS HAS, BUT JUST NOT AS MUCH AND THAT IS SOMETHING EVEN FIN-FANS CAN HONESTLY ADMIT TOO.

Baz
08-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Actually, it think it works both ways. in one aspect, tackles, you're right, he will get less. However, those big leads will get him many opportunites at turnovers, which inflates his stats in that department. Its a double-edged sword really.......

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:34 AM
well the turnovers thing wasn't really my point..... but i left it in there still so i shouldn't expect it to be ignored

Baz
08-01-2002, 12:38 AM
Either way, I think this season will define him as a football player. He will get pretty much the same punishment as Ray Lewis and Zach, so we'll see at the end of the season how good he is......

MOULDSROCKS
08-01-2002, 12:44 AM
yup, I think that 200 tackles isn't out of the question... plus he looks AWESOME at training camp... simply unbelivable. Getting picks(off of Brown and AVP mostly...) & making tackles.... he put a huge lick on jay riemersma the other day

3W
08-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by BMarion31
Either way, I think this season will define him as a football player. He will get pretty much the same punishment as Ray Lewis and Zach, so we'll see at the end of the season how good he is......

Punishment as Lewis and Zach..huh? What?..let me tell you something 31, they have both had some widebodies to hide behind and protect them from the guards and tackles so that they were free to roam...Lewis behind Adams and Siragusa and Thomas behind Gardner and Bowen's fat a$$es..if you ask me, they have had it pretty good and that is why they have looked so good a lot of the time :rolleyes:

Baz
08-01-2002, 01:09 AM
True, but in punishment I mean contantly being tested, whether it be by the run or by the short/intermediate pass. Fletcher did not have to deal with these nearly as much as Lewis and Thomas. Besides, Thomas was missing one of those widebodies for half of the last 2 seasons, and he still put up probowl numbers. Now Lewis had it easy. Siragusa and Adams up front, with Boulware and Sharper there to help out with any tackles he couldn't get to......

3W
08-01-2002, 01:13 AM
I would have no problem putting Thomas ahead of Fletcher....he is a proven player year in and year out...though i think it is starting to catch up to him a little, he was pretty banged up last year..