PDA

View Full Version : can you believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolfan06
07-29-2002, 07:39 PM
We called on God on 9-11 so what's wrong with him now?

For those who have not heard, the bottlers/manufacturers of Dr. Pepper and their other products, have started a "new" can campaign.

They are putting patriotic scenes on them. One, is the Empire State Bldg. with the pledge of allegiance...but... they left off the words..."under God".

They felt it might "offend" some. I don't know about you, but as a Christian, I am boycotting their products! They said they didn't "have room" for those words, but yet they had room for indivisible" on the can!

Please pass this along to others and see if we can get a message out to Dr.Pepper ....if having "under God" on cans offends them, then they don't need our money with "in God we trust" on it !!!!

PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO YOUR FRIENDS!

Predaphin
07-29-2002, 08:34 PM
I dont like Dr. Pepper anyways! Yuck!

dolfan06
07-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I dont like Dr. Pepper anyways! Yuck! i meant to post this in the lounge, but since i plan on letting my feelings known about this bullsh!t, i thought i'd leave it right where its at!:fire:

iceblizzard69
07-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Dr. Pepper sucks, and now it shows that they are a crappy company besides being a crappy drink.

dolfan06
07-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Dr. Pepper sucks, and now it shows that they are a crappy company besides being a crappy drink. never liked the drink anyway!

FinHeavenAJ
07-30-2002, 08:27 AM
Dr. Pepper has to be one of the nastiest (is that even a word? lol) drinks of all time... no wait... Coke with Lemon is... LMAO... anyways, because of that there is no way that you will catch me purchasing a can of that crap!

dolfan06
07-30-2002, 08:51 AM
gotta talk to the minister at our church, he loves dr pepper, and texas am. i see a big conversion in the wind!

iceblizzard69
07-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Dr. Pepper is worse than Coke with Lemon. If you want Coke or Pepsi with Lemon, get a Lemon and squeeze it, its a lot better. The Coke already with lemon is nasty, but nothing is as bad as Dr. Pepper.

3W
07-30-2002, 10:14 AM
Hmmm..that figures, anything to try and sell an extra can of pop. Dr Pepper is officially off my list.

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 03:02 PM
why is it that this nation was founded with the idea of sate and religion being seperate, yet we praise god and say prayers in gov't all the time?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm Christian, and I agree that under god is unconstitutional, so is "In God we Trust" and saying prayers at the pres. inaugural and puting your hand on the bible in court (like a hindu guy is gonna tell the truth after doing that....pleeeeaase).

I feel I am a better patriot than most people, because I critisize my country, and try to improve it.

WharfRat
07-30-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
I feel I am a better patriot than most people,

ok now I'm confused :confused:
I thought you were a Bills fan... what's this talk about better Patriots?? jumping on the bandwagon?

:lol: :lol:

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 03:29 PM
ok you got me on that one!

dolfan06
07-30-2002, 08:08 PM
in the 30's, some guy, we don't know who, put up a cross in the middle of the desert to honor the WWI veterans and the ones that were killed. it has just been ruled as unconstitutional, after 70 years! what is this country coming to. it was founded by God fearing people and an amendment was added to conserve freedom of speech. you can look at it anyway you want, but mans time on this earth is very short compared to eternity and if people want to blend God wih state, i'm all for it.
i guess the judge that declared it unconstitutional, when he was sworn to uphold the law, "SO HELP ME GOD" i guess his job is unconstitutional! this whole religion thing is a bunch of ****, i don't plan on spending eternity with a bunch of anti-christs anyway!:yell:

iceblizzard69
07-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Was this the same judge who said that the pledge of allegiance was unconstitutional. This judge once also said that a company can't reject someone if they have a disease that would affect their health for the worse (i.e. people with asthma working in places where it is harder to breathe.)

MOULDSROCKS
07-30-2002, 10:16 PM
that cross thing is not unconstitutional, cuz it has nothing to do with church and state being one....

dolfan06
07-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
that cross thing is not unconstitutional, cuz it has nothing to do with church and state being one.... because it was on government land!:rolleyes: