PDA

View Full Version : JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics)

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 02:35 PM
this is not meant to start controversy, I just want to let people know that as with many reports, take JBrown's reports with a grain of salt. I am going to try to say this as nicely as possible; I was at many of the practices that JBrown 'reported' on, and I would say about 60 percent of his information is inaccurate. No, not inaccurate like difference of opinion kind of stuff, but things like saying Casey Roussel was booming 60-65 yard punts in full squad workouts and Mark Royals looks to be a step behind. ANY observer who was at camp on Monday could easily tell you that it didn't even look like a competition out there. Royals was looking outstanding, while Roussel's best punt traveled all of 35-40 yards. Second of all, saying that Jamar Fletcher had 2 INT's on Monday? that NEVER happened. Saying that Alonzo Mayes continues to be limied? Inaccurate, he's working in all of the drills now and looking quite good. That is just to name a few. I am not saying that JBrown is making all of this stuff up, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain why there are all of these inaccuracies and contradictions within his own reports (like giving players great grades while in the same post criticizing their performance). I have talked to JBrown and !I think he's a good guy so I just want something of an explanation.

akfinfan
08-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Uh it seems like we should all just wait unti the next day and read it in the newspaper.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 02:51 PM
here are a couple more examples..

This is from Monday's afternoon practice which I attended..and here is some things JBrown had to say.

"Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice"

No, no and no. Chambers didn't catch a SINGLE pass during team drills. I think he had a total of one bacll thrown his way. Don't believe me? Ask Ozzy..hardly spectacular.

Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans.

Many fans sitting around me and myself felt like this was the first practice where McMichael didn't see a single pas thrown his way, during team drills. He didn't wow anyone.

Jbrown it is becoming very, very clear to anyone that was at these practices that your reports, while entertaining, are not very factual, and are an accumulation of media reports, as well as your own opinions thrown in and turned into facts. That is fine, just make people aware of the fact that they are not insider, eyewitness rteports. Thank you.

MDFINFAN
08-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Well I do like the eyewitness reports from our guys..I've wondered about a lot things..I quess that why I kept asking about A. Mayes..I knew the coaches wanted him in the mix..I though he was a good players who kept doing stupid things to get himself hurt and thus hurt his chances to make the team..

minus
08-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
here are a couple more examples..

This is from Monday's afternoon practice which I attended..and here is some things JBrown had to say.

"Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice"

No, no and no. Chambers didn't catch a SINGLE pass during team drills. I think he had a total of one bacll thrown his way. Don't believe me? Ask Ozzy..hardly spectacular.

Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans.

Many fans sitting around me and myself felt like this was the first practice where McMichael didn't see a single pas thrown his way, during team drills. He didn't wow anyone.

Jbrown it is becoming very, very clear to anyone that was at these practices that your reports, while entertaining, are not very factual, and are an accumulation of media reports, as well as your own opinions thrown in and turned into facts. That is fine, just make people aware of the fact that they are not insider, eyewitness rteports. Thank you.

Well I have nothing against him but I was thinking that my self.Some of the things he said don't go along with reports..Like Ricky Fumbling? No where on any of training camp report found on the newspaper said anything on that but since some one made a post he said Ricky seem to have fumbling problems and that he had made 2 fumbles the night before.In his previous report he said Ricky look good and didn't mention anything about any fumbles....Are your reports coming from you or you just collect info and put something together?*INTENDED TO JB*

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 03:22 PM
My reports? They come straight from me of course. I don't have a complex about gaining some sort of "fame" by having others rely on me. I just go to camp for myself and then give an update on the guys that aren't able to attend. JBrown does not have reporters as he claims, he doesn't go to camp...he just collects info, adds in his opinions as facts and posts them. Oh, Ricky did fumble twice on Tuesday..that is true..but then to emphasize his point he says that Ricky wasn't clinging the ball properly on Wednesday. What kind of crap is that?

minus
08-01-2002, 03:28 PM
Fins Finish Day 5 With No Injuries
Jonathan Brown July 30, 2002
My Afternoon Practice Take:
As for RB, Ricky Williams looks great making cuts and seems to be finding holes quickly. That's one thing I can say good about Ricky, he finds the holes quickly, if there isn't one he still pounds it in there for a gain. Unlike Lamar Smith, who last year would try and break it to outside and would most usually get stuck for a two to three yard loss.

Fins Have A Slow Day At Camp
Jonathan Brown July 31, 2002
As for Ricky Williams, he seems to be turning back to his old form, which isn't good. He seemed to not be gripping the ball well, as he proved it last night as well with two fumbles. Hopefully he will improve when Miami keeps doing stripping drills.

As you can see in his previous report doesn't mention any thing about Ricky Fumbling and in fact he says he looked "great".Also when I posted my report for Sunday,I notice some of the things he said that I didn't see out there..Is hard to attend to every practice and I understand your trying to something to benefit those who can't make it but Hey people reading it think you really were present at the practice.You are there eyes and ears.....

minus
08-01-2002, 03:32 PM
My reports? They come straight from me of course. I don't have a complex about gaining some sort of "fame" by having others rely on me. I just go to camp for myself and then give an update on the guys that aren't able to attend. JBrown does not have reporters as he claims, he doesn't go to camp...he just collects info, adds in his opinions as facts and posts them. Oh, Ricky did fumble twice on Tuesday..that is true..but then to emphasize his point he says that Ricky wasn't clinging the ball properly on Wednesday. What kind of crap is that?

No I'm was talking to JB ..

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Oh ok! Perfectly said about the Ricky thing, since he wasn't at practice on Tuesday he assumed Ricky looked great as usual. Then, he read in the papers that he fumbled a couple of times, and come sout and throws that into his next report.

Muck
08-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Very interesting developments here. Like to hear how JB responds.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 04:09 PM
LOL..that Dolfan talk guy is me..but I live in NY and just fly down for a few practices a year. My reports are done for this summer as the rest of my stay in So.Fla will be on buisness and then i fly back Sunday night.

You are right, Curt and Ozzy provide GREAT reports!

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:17 PM
I thought I recognized your name....

Whoops. Ok so I guess we get the Ozzy-Fennel-Fennel's Wife trio until we figure out this mess with JBrown.

I had a question though. The Sentinel or one of the players mentioned that Leon Searcy returned to practice on Wednesday after missing Tuesday. On Fennel's report it says that Searcy was limited but practicing. Fennel also seemed to suggest that Leon Searcy wasn't at camp until Sunday and wasn't practicing until Monday...On JBrown's report he reports that Searcy is like "Jekyl and Hyde" one day he looks like the pro bowler he once was the next day he looks like he shouldn't be there...and this report was written after Tuesday's practices...

So what I'm wondering is this. A) Was Searcy practicing before Monday? B) Did Searcy practice at all on Tuesday or was the newspaper wrong?

What a mess...

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 04:25 PM
A.J. and I are looking into this, and will let you know what the deal is here.

CK I had to remove one of your posts because it violated our T.O.S. with the advertisment of a competitors site. While we don't have a problem with people visiting other sites, we simply don't allow them to be advertised on ours.

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:26 PM
Yeah its the Sun-Sentinel...

they said here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolbox080102.htmlstory?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Welcome Back

Guard Leon Searcy, who missed Tuesday with a sore hamstring, returned to practice on Wednesday.

So it seems according to the Sentinel that Searcy was not at practice on Tuesday due to a hamstring. The reason why I was confused is I don't know who to believe. If I'm to believe Fennel then Searcy wasn't at camp practicing until Monday. Then if I'm to believe the Sentinel he missed Tuesday's practice. Then if I'm to believe JBrown Searcy's been pulling a Jekyl-Hyde...but the only two days he could have done this are Monday-Tuesday, Tuesday which he missed according to the Sentinel, and Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday were days which Searcy was not even there according to Curt...

I've got a headache.

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Searcy should have reported with the rookies and selected Vets, because he was coming off an injury year.

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
A.J. and I are looking into this, and will let you know what the deal is here.

CK I had to remove one of your posts because it violated our T.O.S. with the advertisment of a competitors site. While we don't have a problem with people visiting other sites, we simply don't allow them to be advertised on ours.

You'd think the rules would be relaxed a little bit considering the misrepresentation in this site's local TC Reporter's reports, as so eloquently pointed out by PhinfanBo...

The fans want some reliable TC reports...I told them where to get some. Oh well.

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Thats what I thought. But Fennel's TC reports said not a single word of Leon Searcy until Sunday and that was just to say that now that the vet's have reported, we'll get to see if we got our money's worth from Ricky and Leon Searcy.

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 04:34 PM
CK, the rules are the rules bro. Like I said, AJ and I are looking into this situation. We have a guy who applies to do the TC reports, and we give him a shot. If he is mis-representing himself, it will be dealt with.

I don't care if people visit other sites, but we have had a lot of difficulty with a certain few fan based sites who have given us problems. We therefore just put a blanket on the situation, and said "no more"

It is in the TOS which you agreed upon when signing up. It's not a personal thing, it just has to be fair for all.

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:39 PM
And I've just been looking through as many TC reports as I can find, from newspapers, other posters, Fennel, etc and I can't find a single mention of Leon Searcy before the mentioning of his arrival on sunday and the monday practice.

I think the rule says that you only report early if you're a vet and you had offseason surgery or were injured during the offseason or something. Cuz I'm pretty sure Brent Smith arrived at camp and practiced for the first time on Monday, even though he had a torn ACL last year...

ckparrothead
08-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Did you just remove the Dolphin Dame report from Ozzy's thread???

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Yes, CK, I did, because it was a violation of the copyright laws. You can not post an entire article from another source into our forums. We can get in big trouble over that.

I made a link to her report instead.

BTW here is what the Sentinel said about who reported on the 25th
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NOTES: The Dolphins opened training camp today for rookies,
selected veterans and players coming off injuries from last season.
Among the veterans that participated were WR Chris Chambers, WR
Dedric Ward, QB Ray Lucas and FB Rob Konrad."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever is coming off injury from the 2001 season should report.

MDFINFAN
08-01-2002, 05:11 PM
It seems Leon didn't report until Monday..I couldn't find him in any pictures are articles prior to that day..and here's what Curt of Phins.com say on sunday before the vet's were to report.

My Comments:

The Sunday practice was the last chance that many of the rookies will get to impress the coaches before the "old guys" show up and start practicing on Monday. It's said that many of the players dread the first day of real hitting, but I'm sure that there are just as many who are anxious to get out on to the field and show the new kids just what the NFL is really about....

So far, the rookies and the receivers have had it pretty easy. They get to run their routes and catch their passes without getting clobbered by the defense. Well, that all changes on Monday and the hard hitters, like Zach Thomas, traditionally welcome the change.

More importantly for the team, however, is the fact that the team will finally get to see if they got what they paid for in Ricky Williams, Leon Searcy, Rob Burnett and all the other players they picked up in the off-season.

The REAL work begins Monday.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 05:12 PM
I was at every practice from the start of camp on Friday until the end of Monday. Searcy reported with the other vets on Sunday and started practicing Monday. I think he sat out Tuesday but I wasn't there so I'm not sure. Go with what Curt says; I have been familiar with him for years and he never posts something unless he is sure it is correct.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 05:17 PM
No, Searcy did NOT report with the rookies and selected vets, this isn't for debate i am 100% sure. I was at every practice with just the rookies and selected vets and he was not there. He began practicing on Monday, looked talented but rusty, got hurt towards the end of practice. On Tuesday he missed the morning session, that is fact. Tuesday evening I know he did practice because Ozzy reported that, and Ozzy knows what he's talking about. Then he went full speed Wednesday and Thursday. That should clear it up.

If anyone wants to listen to Jb, who I am 100% sure hasn't been at a single practice session, then you would think that Searcy was there since Friday (false), and has practiced every day this week!

MDFINFAN
08-01-2002, 05:19 PM
There is one thing I didn't notice before on JB's report and that's he say "My take" when he gives his comments..this may indicate JB was just summing up what what reported in the papers and not his own eyewitness reports...Something Curt does when he doesn't attend the actual practices.

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Alright people, I just got home and Gram told me of the situation. We are going to deal with the problem as fast as we can. There are many options that we are thinking about, and we will let everyone know what the end result is as soon as possible.

However, for the time being I am going to close this thread. If you have any "beef" to say about Jonathan, please post it in the Complaints forum. If you have any training camp questions or whatever, post it here.

Lastly, I will like to apologize for any inconvienence this may of caused everyone here. Sorry.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Dear FinHeaven.com Fans:

I know what Is aw at practices and what my other people that go told me. If you don't believe me than fine, but my info is as accurate as anyone else on the net. Are you telling me people in the media of the Miami Dolphins are inaccurate? If they are, that seems kind of funny after they attend every practice. As for Ricky fumbling twice the otehr night..Ask Ozzy, he also reported it. I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see, as well as other friends. If you guys don't like my reports anymore, please say so, but I have been busting my butt every day since camp started to do these reports for you, so much in fact that I have spent 10 hours at the hospital and just got back and am very tired. Was I going to go to bed? No, why because I enjoy writing reports for you fellow FinFans, but if you want to be unappreciative of these reports that I, as well as friends have put together than thats fine.

Jonathan

Cranx
08-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Bro, your reports are awesome and very informative for those of us who don't have the opportunity to ever see the 'Fins practice becase we live in other states. Other than the fact that you do your report in one huge paragraph ;) , The things are great and I hope to keep reading them until the completion of TC. Keep it up and ignore the moronic naysayers that love to drop nothing but negativity and half-baked thoughts on these MB's. Take it easy.

Po

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Expo, the only problem is AJ is firing me because people are talking about Finheaven.com. I don't know why people are surfacing this now, because I atlked to Bo before when I did my first 2-3 reports and he said they were good. If I was lying why didn't he just say so instead of saying my reports were good. To me I think he is trying to start something because everyone likes my reports so much.

Capt. Dick
08-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Well, for what it`s worth JB, I also enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for your time and hard work.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 09:50 PM
i am NOT saying your a liar. I thought your reports were good then, and I still think they are now. It's when I start noticing that you report that Jamar Fletcher had 2 INT's on Monday afternoon when that didn't happen, and that on Tuesday afternoon you say that Ricky Williams had a great day, only to add the following morning after all the media reports were out, that he had fumbled twice. I have no problem with your or your reports, I DO believe that your reports are simply an accumulation of other reports you read, and what you hear in the media, which is just fine, and I am very appreciative of you putting all of that scattered information into a solid post on a daily basis. I just want to clear up the misinformation, like the Fletcher thing, and the Casey Roussel thing and stuff like that, which give people the wrong impression about certain things that are going on out there.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks you too. I'm just saddened by all of this. I mean I put my time and effort in every night to Finheaven.com and this is how they repay me. Its just not fair. Nevertheless its Finheaven.com, if they want to disregard a person who has become dedicated to them, than I guess Finheaven is less of a site than I thought. I thought they would try and improve by these reports, but all they did was listen to Bo and its over. Who is Bo? Who made him god. Every board I go to they post my reports and say they are excellent. So excellent Finheaven fired me. As for Roussel, he did look good especially in warmup. No one said anything about full squad. Plus to where fif I say Fletcher came up with two picks, since my reports are now gone.

PhinfanBo1
08-01-2002, 09:52 PM
You think I care that people like your reports?!! I'm not even going to anymore practice sessions, I need all of the reports I can get!! Do you see me having ANY problem with Ozzy's reports or Curt's reports that get 10 times as many hits as yours do. NO..because they are TRUTHFUL, ACURATE and actual EYEWITNESS reports. Sorry, but now you've gotten me mad. Jealously? This is FOOTBALL TALK for Christ's sake..

Josh
08-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a lurker on these boards as well as a every day visitor to FinHeaven as well as a pretty close friend to AJ. From what I've read, the reports were inaccurate when compared to reports by Ozzy, DCH, as well as other media. I found some inaccuracies as well.

When I talked to AJ, he said that he really did like the reports and that he really didn't like that fact that he had to let go of a really good reporter. However, he thought that too many people were finding these inaccuracies and that it would better for the site.

All I can say man... some people were complaining and other people weren't. It can go back and fourth. However, I personally don't go to the camps and I personally don't want to be mislead.

I'll talk to AJ or email Gram, perhaps they will make some type of consideration... I donno... AJ is always pretty flexible...

Anyways... peace out!

Cranx
08-01-2002, 09:56 PM
If they're not on the main page then I hope to see them here on the MB's. I like any report I can get and will take the good with the bad. One thing I've learned as a cop is that you can have two people standing next to each other looking at the exact same thing, and when the time comes for them to tell you about whatever the thing was, both people will give an entirely different account.

The point of that story was to say that when you describe something one way and someone else does so another, it doesn't mean either person is lying, it's just a difference in perception. That said, I look forward to hearing your accounts of training camp from your point of view in the coming weeks even if they are just on the MB's.

Po

Ozzy
08-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JBrownTCReports
Dear FinHeaven.com Fans:

I know what Is aw at practices and what my other people that go told me. If you don't believe me than fine, but my info is as accurate as anyone else on the net. Are you telling me people in the media of the Miami Dolphins are inaccurate? If they are, that seems kind of funny after they attend every practice. As for Ricky fumbling twice the otehr night..Ask Ozzy, he also reported it. I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see, as well as other friends. If you guys don't like my reports anymore, please say so, but I have been busting my butt every day since camp started to do these reports for you, so much in fact that I have spent 10 hours at the hospital and just got back and am very tired. Was I going to go to bed? No, why because I enjoy writing reports for you fellow FinFans, but if you want to be unappreciative of these reports that I, as well as friends have put together than thats fine.

Jonathan

I have a question for you JB, I'm putting in this thread part of your first TC report, I was wondering if it is something you, yourself did?

Top Play From Practices:
Quarterback Ray Lucas hits Wide Receiver Chris Chambers down the field for a 45-50 yard pickup off a playaction fake. Chambers had to fall forward to get it, because Ray put alittle to much air under it.

Training Camp Quotes:
Morning Practice Quotes:

(Fielder On Wide Receivers)
``They looked great,'' Fiedler said. ``You've got speed guys and you've got possession guys. You mix up the top four guys, and you're talking about a team of receivers that can do everything.''

(Fiedler On The Dolphins)
``We haven't even cracked the surface with what Ricky can do,'' Fiedler said. ``His game is when the pads go on and we get physical and he bangs into someone and knocks them over. That's when the excitement level of seeing Ricky back there is going to build.''

(Wannstedt On Receivers)
``It was great today from a receiver standpoint just to see that whole group together,'' coach Dave Wannstedt said. ``That group should be as strong as any position on our team. We've got good depth.''

(Wannstedt On Fiedler)
"Jay is in all of the meetings and he is in early," Wannstedt said. "He's walking through what he can walk through and learning and asking questions. That's Jay. He'll be out here as quick as he can and the plan is to get him throwing the football Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and then we'll go from there. This has given us a great opportunity to evaluate these young quarterbacks."

(Wannstedt On Camp)
"We are keeping it real basic," Wannstedt said. "We are giving the young guys a lot of reps and that will give them a better chance in the preseason games. Plus, most of these guys are going to be playing a majority of the time against Tampa Bay anyway."

(Wannstedt On Lowe and McMicahel)
"Omare Lowe did some nice things out there," Wannstedt said. "He had a good showing. Randy McMichael caught just about everything that was thrown to him. He was just outstanding. Arturo (Freeman) also had a good day. He made one interception and almost had a second one. It is good to see him get off to such a good start."

(Chambers On Training Camp)
``I wasn't as nervous,'' he said. ``Last year I didn't know what to expect. Now I feel a lot more comfortable, and I can bounce around a little bit.''

Afternoon Practice Quotes:
(Wannstedt On Fullback Position)
"The fullback position is kind of funny," Wannstedt said. "Rob has talent and he has had a nice offseason, but because of the style of offense that we've run, he hasn't had many opportunities. So there's a little bit of an unknown there."

"Rob, Deon and Femi will have get the opportunity to show what they can do," the coach said. "Is it open? I don't know. I'm not positive how those are going to do. That makes it exciting. I guess it would be open for competition.

"It's going to be the guy that I feel, and that the coaches feel, gives us the best chance to win."
Eyewitness Reports:
Here I have collected other peoples eyewitness reports for the fans here at Finheaven.com to read. It will give you an idea of how other people view the practices, instead of just one.

Now I'll end with this, I've been doing these reports for over 5 years, and I'm only trying to help smooth this issue out

Josh
08-01-2002, 10:04 PM
From what I heard, JB, you don't even go to Training Camps...

Denny
08-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Way to welcome some sweet reports. I dont understand this board and the some posters attacking others. I dealt with it. But lets be real, no other board has this participation. The Moderators need to hold people accountable.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:13 PM
I have 5 friends who go and give me pics on them, as well as some video footage(sometimes)

Scrap
08-01-2002, 10:14 PM
My thoughts exactly Expo.

Ozzy
08-01-2002, 10:19 PM
I have 5 friends who go and give me pics on them, as well as some video footage(sometimes)

I'm wondering why you have neglected to answer my question too you JBrown?

Josh
08-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Denny
Way to welcome some sweet reports. I dont understand this board and the some posters attacking others. I dealt with it. But lets be real, no other board has this participation. The Moderators need to hold people accountable.

We aren't attacking him... or at least I don't think I am...

I am just saying... people rely on the site and his reports for accurate information. If there are inaccuracies, its obviously not your fault since you don't go and see the camps yourself... thus, you should ask the people that give you the information.

Dude, nobody here is sayin that your writing is bad or anything... some of us are just sayin that we don't want to be mislead cause we trust what you write. Think about this... someone goes and writes a 200page book... and its GREAT... then someone comes up to a news station and says "the information presented on pages xx, xx, xx, and xx are totally inaccurate". The book is destroyed... why would people want to read stuff thats not true?

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 10:21 PM
JB, and the rest of our readers.

AJ and I have to take some responsibility here. JB came to us wanting to do the training camp reports, and he told us he had at least 4 people actually attending camp, and that he was getting the information directly from them.

He then started doing his reports, and it seemed to sound like he was actually going to the camp (from his writing style). Things started to get funky with me when I found out he really wasn't going, but I let it go, because no one seemd to care.

I wasn't going to rock the boat if he was getting accurate info, and you guys were enjoying it. However if things being reported are not the real deal, and his info is conflicting other reports, what is the point of keeping it going?

JB you are more then welcome to post the info you get from your sources, but just don't pass it off like your actually there.

We wouldn't have had a problem if you would have just done that from the start. I should have nipped it in the bud, and that is my fault, and I apologize to our members. However we all make mistakes, and Lord knows I am not perfect. ( you heard it here first...lol )

I hope this helps resolve this situation, and JB I have no hard feelings toward you, and would enjoy it if you would post what info you gather.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:23 PM
However my stuff is true.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:25 PM
After I have been fired because you guys listen to a few people, why shoudl I post my reports. I came to Finheaven asking to help. AJ knew I had friends going, and I thought everyone else did too. If you guys are going to let your site go down the wrong road by firing a guy who has helped your site, than fine with me. Check some other message boards people loved them.

dolfan87
08-01-2002, 10:31 PM
JB, you don't have to do anything. You can leave and give your reports to another site which is fine.

The road Fin Heaven has taken to get to this point is not the wrong road. We are still learning how to deal with things, and my mistake was letting you act like you were actually at camp.

I think our members deserve better.

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Deserve better than Eyewitness reports and My Take which was actual things that happened that I got from interviews and all. better than that. Ok. the only thing better is being there.

minus
08-01-2002, 10:33 PM
After I have been fired because you guys listen to a few people, why shoudl I post my reports. I came to Finheaven asking to help. AJ knew I had friends going, and I thought everyone else did too. If you guys are going to let your site go down the wrong road by firing a guy who has helped your site, than fine with me. Check some other message boards people loved them.
:yell:
I can't believe you still claim that your "stuff is true".Take your fake reports to another board................

:fire:

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Whyw ould Iw ant to spend all day making up reports?

minus
08-01-2002, 10:47 PM
I actually felt sympathy for JB because even though his reports were inaccurate ,he took time to write them.Now I'm glad AJ and others Administrator got rid of him.

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2002, 10:48 PM
JB, as 87 and some others have said, we had to do what we had to do. I always took your report as the real thing. I read it, reviewed it, and sometimes editted it (Gram helped out with that). Point is: I took your report as everything... I didn't have to read other reports. However, when I came on to the boards this evening to find that there was actual proof, and not what people said... about the reports have inaccuracies... something had to be done.

It all comes down to this basically... we (Gram and I) felt that we were "cheating" both visitors of the site and members of this board. Why? People like myself read your reports and trusted every word.

We weren't listening to just a fan or so. We read the posts about the inaccuracies, then investigated... and then thought about the issue as a whole.

stan marino
08-01-2002, 10:48 PM
This site just gets wierder and wierder!!! Everyone really needs to chill out thats for sure!!!

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by stan marino
This site just gets wierder and wierder!!! Everyone really needs to chill out thats for sure!!!

LMAO! I hear ya man... today has been a busy day for all the Mods and Admins. We had someone in the Smack forums who needed to be... well... smacked around. LOL

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:52 PM
AJ please IM me, I need to talk to your privately about something.

Cranx
08-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by minus
I actually felt sympathy for JB because even though his reports were inaccurate ,he took time to write them.Now I'm glad AJ and others Administrator got rid of him.

Dude, get off the guy and quit kicking him while he's down. If there were inaccuracies then the problem was taken care of but quit piling on when I haven't seen you take the time to contribute anything that's worth while. The guy was reporting on hearsay, which is how a lot of reporting gets done and, unfortunately, some things didn't come out the way they should have. While I agree that the writing style was somewhat misleading (I thought he was attending too) he was doing his best with what he had and wasn't intentionally trying to mislead anyone so jump ship bro!

Ozzy
08-01-2002, 10:54 PM
However my stuff is true.

Since you've chosen to ignore my question to you I'll answer it for you. The Following transcript from your original TC report was ACTUALLY TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE MIAMI DOLPHINS OFFICIAL SITE!! But you did not state this in your thread, and from what I gathered by reading it, you made it seem that it was all from your "PEOPLE AT TC'S" INTERVIEWS..............

Top Play From Practices:
Quarterback Ray Lucas hits Wide Receiver Chris Chambers down the field for a 45-50 yard pickup off a playaction fake. Chambers had to fall forward to get it, because Ray put alittle to much air under it.

Training Camp Quotes:
Morning Practice Quotes:

(Fielder On Wide Receivers)
``They looked great,'' Fiedler said. ``You've got speed guys and you've got possession guys. You mix up the top four guys, and you're talking about a team of receivers that can do everything.''

(Fiedler On The Dolphins)
``We haven't even cracked the surface with what Ricky can do,'' Fiedler said. ``His game is when the pads go on and we get physical and he bangs into someone and knocks them over. That's when the excitement level of seeing Ricky back there is going to build.''

(Wannstedt On Receivers)
``It was great today from a receiver standpoint just to see that whole group together,'' coach Dave Wannstedt said. ``That group should be as strong as any position on our team. We've got good depth.''

(Wannstedt On Fiedler)
"Jay is in all of the meetings and he is in early," Wannstedt said. "He's walking through what he can walk through and learning and asking questions. That's Jay. He'll be out here as quick as he can and the plan is to get him throwing the football Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and then we'll go from there. This has given us a great opportunity to evaluate these young quarterbacks."

(Wannstedt On Camp)
"We are keeping it real basic," Wannstedt said. "We are giving the young guys a lot of reps and that will give them a better chance in the preseason games. Plus, most of these guys are going to be playing a majority of the time against Tampa Bay anyway."

(Wannstedt On Lowe and McMicahel)
"Omare Lowe did some nice things out there," Wannstedt said. "He had a good showing. Randy McMichael caught just about everything that was thrown to him. He was just outstanding. Arturo (Freeman) also had a good day. He made one interception and almost had a second one. It is good to see him get off to such a good start."

(Chambers On Training Camp)
``I wasn't as nervous,'' he said. ``Last year I didn't know what to expect. Now I feel a lot more comfortable, and I can bounce around a little bit.''

Afternoon Practice Quotes:
(Wannstedt On Fullback Position)
"The fullback position is kind of funny," Wannstedt said. "Rob has talent and he has had a nice offseason, but because of the style of offense that we've run, he hasn't had many opportunities. So there's a little bit of an unknown there."

"Rob, Deon and Femi will have get the opportunity to show what they can do," the coach said. "Is it open? I don't know. I'm not positive how those are going to do. That makes it exciting. I guess it would be open for competition.

"It's going to be the guy that I feel, and that the coaches feel, gives us the best chance to win."

You might have wanted to say where this actually came from in the begining of your thread because it lead me to believe you were not being truthful.

As to your eyewitness views, they were much more believable, but had me thinking, where did you get it

stan marino
08-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Damn still kickin him eh Oz!!! I hope the dolphins do the same to the bills when we are up 42-3 in the 4th quarter!!!

JBrownTCReports
08-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Of course I got tehq uotes off the Official Site, as for the Eyewitness reports, I have a few friends. This is stupid we all bleed the same color aqua and orange. Why dish me because you think my reports are inaccurate. Remember we are all fellow FinFans. I'm just upset because I enjoyed writing them.

stan marino
08-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Dare i ask if theres a TC report for today?

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2002, 11:00 PM
I agree with stan marino... the point(s) have been made... time to close this thread

PS: stan, if he decides to do one it will be in the forums.

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Alright, putting the past aside... Jonathon wants to know if you all want him back.

Its as simple as that. Reply if you would like to see him change something in the report... like the format or wording... whatever.

Its a simply yes no poll... lol

dolfan87
08-02-2002, 12:03 AM
If I only smell and occasionally taste the glue...does that count as eating it?

Oh forget it, I eat it all the time.

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 12:05 AM
LMAO

Ozzy
08-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Alright, putting the past aside... Jonathon wants to know if you all want him back.

Its as simple as that. Reply if you would like to see him change something in the report... like the format or wording... whatever.

Its a simply yes no poll... lol

I say YES, but just give credit where it is due. JBrown you will still get the main credit for actually taking the time to WRITE IT UP!!!

I say you take your butt down to the TC, because you are pretty darn good at formating threads, and would think that your reports would really be awesome then!!!! Some of the best on the net maybe

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 12:08 AM
How can I goto TC, I Live in VA.

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 12:12 AM
darn 87, you're the only glue eater on the board... LMAO

PhinfanBo1
08-02-2002, 12:13 AM
JBrown..since you "dont remember" saying that about Fletcher..here it is..from your post on 7/30/02

Fletcher had 2 interceptions in the afternoon practice. Looks as though some of you Fletcher doubters, may have spoke too soon. Well overall the Fins closed out a day of full contact with no injuries, which is always a good thing.

This NEVER happened!!

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Tell that to the guy at the Fins Official Site, who works with the Fins.

Baz
08-02-2002, 12:19 AM
JBrown..since you "dont remember" saying that about Fletcher..here it is..from your post on 7/30/02

Fletcher had 2 interceptions in the afternoon practice. Looks as though some of you Fletcher doubters, may have spoke too soon. Well overall the Fins closed out a day of full contact with no injuries, which is always a good thing.

This NEVER happened!!

Listen bro, I mean absolutely no offense by this, but I think you should lay off JBrown. Whether or not this happened or that happened, the fact is that he does not have to write these reports. He is writing them as a favor to all of us, and thus shouldn't be the target of critisism(sp?) Keep it up JBrown, your reports are awesome......

dolfan87
08-02-2002, 12:31 AM
I think it was an honest mistake, as it was Patrick Surtain who made the two INT's on the 30th.

Unless the Sentinel screwed up...which is possible.

Scrimmage on Direct TV this Saturday...we can all see for ourselves who does what...how about that?!!!

ckparrothead
08-02-2002, 12:33 AM
I think that overall JBrown was just wrong for intentionally misleading people into thinking that these reports came from his own observations at camp. You have to give him credit for actually making the reports and taking the time and whatnot, and for the format, etc.

However the bottom line is they are just hearsay based on what he hears from some other people who were supposedly also at camp, and as a result there have been obvious inaccuracies because the system itself doesn't result in 100% accuracy. And while I say that this puts his reports easily on a par with guys like Ozzy, Blitzkrieg, and others who come onto message boards and gve the fans reports of what they say, it just doesn't (to me anyway) seem worthy of being the "official" Finheaven training camp reporter. In the end I think that the good people here at FinHeaven were looking for a different person to fill the job, had a different job description in mind than the one JBrown was willing to fill.

It may be that Finheaven wants too much from their official reporter, that its impossible to find someone that will promise to be at EVERY practice and then promise to fill out these amazing reports every night for everyone to read. And in that case FinHeaven would just have to change the job description from a training camp reporter, to someone who collects data on training camps from various sources, cites the sources objectively with reference to the possible inaccuracies that may be present, and most importantly of all DOES NOT PRETEND THAT THE OBSERVATIONS INCLUDED WERE MADE BY HIMSELF ATTENDING THE CAMP.

So I'm in Ozzy's boat. If the good people at Finheaven find their current job description too impossible to fill, then perhaps JBrown is their man, so long as he changes his writing style to reflect the fact that these observations are coming from other (perhaps unreliable) sources. However I still think it was dilliatory for JBrown to mislead the people into thinking that he was actually at the camps. And I know that he intentionally did this because before he even started coming out with the reports he asked us just how he should go about with his reports and I made plenty of comments of what to take not of "while you're at camp" and he said nothing to correct me in return. Then to top it off even in response to the accusations that he doesn't go to training camps he says things like "I know what Is aw at practices" and "I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see". Of course after its obvious that he doesn't go to camp only now does he come out with the statement "How can I goto TC, I Live in VA". I'm not trying to kick a man while he's down, I'm simply trying to remind people there's a reason he's "down" in the first place and his refusing to take any responsibility for it in the first place is a big part of the reason why he's inspiring venemous posts from people who usually aren't venemous.

Big I.Z.
08-02-2002, 12:51 AM
I really dont give a flip, i am just glad someone takes the time to put it all toghther for me. Living in the northwest i'll take it cited or uncited, thanks JB

ac_lanham
08-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Mr. Brown, I think your reports are great and well worth reading. I coulda care less if u didn't go to the camp as long as what I'm reading is accurate. Again thanx

PhinfanBo1
08-02-2002, 01:27 AM
But it's not acurate!! And NO that report he wrote was on Monday's practice..the one where he mentioned the Fletcher thing..guess I didn't make that clear. Nobody had any INT's that day, that's what makes this so ridiculious. And I knew somebody would say "alright, it's an honest mistake." It just shows that he wans't there, hasn't been there, and as many other examples show, he is just re-stating media reports and adding false info into it. I don't need those kind of reports no matter how far away I am from camp.

clayton83
08-02-2002, 01:45 AM
we want tc posts, and lots of them. keep writing jb.

also, i did read patrick surtain had 2 int's that practice. could someone have made a mistake? not a problem.

PHINPHANBO: dude, you say you go to practices and have seen them all. well, how about some accurate reports then? we can't have enough tc reports. i read every tc report i can find, and when it comes to the "eyewitnesses", there are always a few discrepencies. no one tells a story exactly the same way.

PhinfanBo1
08-02-2002, 01:46 AM
I post on Dolfantalk. All of my reports from Friday-until Monday are there. You can check them out.

dirtywhiteboy
08-02-2002, 02:06 AM
this has turned into a real phin fan soap opera...please give it a rest!
oh yea, please keep the reports coming in, from everyone!

Dajesus
08-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Now that Miami is in Tenn then they have a their first preseason game a week from today i really don't care. It was great the first week, but now we can watch it for our selves(if you live in SW Florida or have direct TV). Even though i don't care everyone should stop bashing the guy his heart was in the right place, and i find it interesting that his biggest advisory and the guy that brought up this whole soap opera was a training camp reporter from another web site. I hate when people have hidden agendas.

VanDolPhan
08-02-2002, 05:53 AM
But it's not acurate!! And NO that report he wrote was on Monday's practice..the one where he mentioned the Fletcher thing..guess I didn't make that clear. Nobody had any INT's that day, that's what makes this so ridiculious. And I knew somebody would say "alright, it's an honest mistake." It just shows that he wans't there, hasn't been there, and as many other examples show, he is just re-stating media reports and adding false info into it. I don't need those kind of reports no matter how far away I am from camp.

Give it up dude or the next time you make a mistake I'll be on your butt for the next year. Your bordering on obsessive.

SWS84
08-02-2002, 06:48 AM
I didn't catch on until this morning, by reading this thread, what was really happening with the reports. I was under the impression that Jonathan was actually there. I am a little surprised, but I think the lesson is learned. Forgive and forget with this one. I vote yes, if Jonathan is willing to put forth all the effort and time it takes to continue on.

:D :D :D

WharfRat
08-02-2002, 07:29 AM
I voted yes... only because it's easier to read his compilations that browsing through everyone's individual accounts, although I end up doing that too.... but he does usually put things in a nice compact format...

I eat glue too... but it wouldn't let me vote twice :goof:

inFINSible
08-02-2002, 08:02 AM
my two cents....I tried to vote for No but it wouldn't let me....I don't want EYEWITNESS TC reports from some one who is not even there. I had no idea untill today that JBrown wasn't even going to the practices. Not because I was blown away by the accuracies of his reports but because of the section of his reports that was titled "EYEWITNESS Reports". This section included JBrown's "My Take" which I assumed meant that he was telling us what HE SAW. This was the only part of JB's reports that I had any interest in, because all the rest of the stuff was just news that I had already read somewhere else. (i pointed this out a few days ago).
Now that I find out that "his take" is nothing but "his opinion" of what he has heard, i have no desire to read anymore of his articles. I can form my own opinions through what i read from other reporters, I don't need someone else to do it for me.
My take on the practices is every bit, if not more, informed than JB's.

Ducken
08-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Umm, change my vote of yes to NO.

jack
08-02-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
Now that I find out that "his take" is nothing but "his opinion" of what he has heard

My take on the practices is every bit, if not more, informed than JB's.

Good point. If JB continues to give TC reports, they should be accurate accounts of the FACTS obtained through his 5 friends. We all want to form our own opinions based on the FACTS and our OWN biases and perceptions. The FullBack situation is an example. With the acquisition of Femi, all bets are off and we see all sorts of opinions. Some rant and rave about Dyer because they have a vision of a bowling ball dominate blocker, others say Konrad's receiving and running skills will shine in Turner's system. (Femi is a relatively unknown entity at this time).

This is not to bring up the FB debate again, but to make a point that I would like to see info. from TC on the FB's about receptions, drops, touches, reps, blocking, who is on first, second team, etc. I think JB mixes in his own opinions and biases with comments like:

"Nevertheless Konrad, Ayanbadejo, and Dyer all had a real good solid practice. Needless to say if Miami keeps all four backs, Ayanbadejo or Konrad is gone basically, because they can not afford to let Dyer go with the horrible play by the Offensive Line. I mean they atleast need someone to make some blocks and Dyer can do it too. "

Controversial at the least, and should be part of a thread on the FB situation, not the TC report.

Facts, not opinions, in all TC reporting does not mean that editorial comments such as "it was a spectacular catch", "a bone crushing tackle", or "pass thrown like bullet" shouldn't be included. But to speculate on Wanny's/Turner's strategy on topics like the FB issue should be elsewhere in the MB.

Just one person's opinion.

Sherif
08-02-2002, 08:51 AM
When I post a report I always say who it's from. I've emailed nancy at Phinzone for permission to use her observations here and credit her as author. I voted yes for JB but he should give his source credit. Phinbo should also be given credit for bringing this to light.

Agua
08-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Yes, Bo, thank you for bringing this to light. Like I said, I enjoyed the reports, but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Capt. Dick
08-02-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Agua
Yes, Bo, thank you for bringing this to light. Like I said, I enjoyed the reports, but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Ditto.

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Don't feel like doing reports here anymore. If you gys don'tw ant information on what has been going on through camp than fine. However I do have one question, what does it matter if I tell you what friends say rather than them writing an eyewitness report. I mean you are still getting to know what happened at practice. I'm just simply stating what happened, its not making anything up. So eventhough I'm not there, if I have a few friends tell me what happened, I think that means what I say they saw, so none of my facts were made up. The reports were from interformation I received from friends who went, not just gathered info. When I wrote my reports I didn't skim the net and get info, I got info from people who attended, which is as accurate as you can get. Its just like Ozzy's, except he writes a eyewitness report, while I just get info on camps from friends at all position and write them. Its basically the same thing. But if you guy guys don'tw ant reports on whats happening, its fine with me.

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 10:02 AM
JB: Dude, there are 20 people that give a yes and 3 people that eat glue (LOL, had to say that). For the people that said no, then the simply don't have to read the report... or choose to read it if they want to.

Phinfanbo: Thanks for bringing the subject up to begin with, however, the subject is dead. Whether there were two interceptions or not, I don't really know... and right now I don't really care... you want to know why? IT was in the past. JB says three of his friends saw the INT... what else do you want?

Everyone else:

...but I was assuming they were JBrown's actual observations. He went to a lot of work with the reports, he just needs to put a little more in: CITE THE SOURCES and state up front that you didn't attend camp but compiled the report from sources X, Y & Z.

Not a bad idea at all... however, will it really make it any more in depth if he said, "This was said by my friend blablabla." In my opinion, it won't make any difference at all. However, I will ask Jonathan about putting something like "While I did not attend this training camp, I did compile these reports from friends that have attended."

Will that make everyone happy here? :cool:

ckparrothead
08-02-2002, 10:12 AM
Citing the sources would still make me happy. I think JBrown misses the point of why a lot of people are a little upset with him. They are upset not because of the STYLE of report he makes (which is to say, a secondary source style compilation of eyewitness reports) but rather because he pretended that his secondary compilation was in fact a firsthand eyewitness report. His bad. Thats why people are upset IMHO. Even to this point he still fails to apologize or even accept responsibility for purposely misleading everyone into thinking that he actually wrote the reports. When his reports were questioned he fired back with statements like "I know what Is aw at practices" and "I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see" before he finally ended up admitting that he doesn't go to camps by saying "How can I goto TC, I Live in VA"

I have absolutely no problem with forgive-and-forget. But how can you forgive a man that still denies he did anything wrong?

And I say lay off PhinFanBo people. He did us a service by pointing out that JBrown's reports were inaccurate because it let us know that NO he was not attending these camps, whereas pretty much all of us thought he was. Whether that matters to you or not, I'm sure you'd still prefer to know before you give the report the weight you would normally give a guy who said he saw it all with his own eyes. Bo is a little obsessive right now and venemous but that is only because in the immediate wake of his accusations JBrown started spewing out a bunch of garbage about how Bo is jealous or whatever. I think Bo's point is taken so there's no more need to be hostile.

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 10:21 AM
I told Finheaven.com how I was writing my reports. They knew I wasn't attending, so I did not try and mislead anyone. If I was trying to mislead than I would have told Finheaven.com I was attending, but I told them the truth.

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
When his reports were questioned he fired back with statements like "I know what Is aw at practices" and "I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see" before he finally ended up admitting that he doesn't go to camps by saying "How can I goto TC, I Live in VA"

Talking to JB, he said that when he said that he meant from what he saw on TV or photos.

PhinsTD
08-02-2002, 10:50 AM
It's a dead issue to me as well. I did enjoy reading his reports and will continue if they are written. But like I wrote in my ost "Fumbleitis" I want what actually happened both good and bad. I am upset with him for lying to us about being there and watching them.

I'll continue to read them but will now take them with a different light than a man sitting there seeing these things first hand. I'll now take it with as much worth as reading it in a newspaper.

Oh well I do appreciate the work from JB but I see both sides.And JB just because you told Finheaven that you wouldn't be there, doesn't mean the people who read your reports know that unless you STATE IT IN YOUR REPORTS! Thanks

ckparrothead
08-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Nonetheless it was intentionally misleading. He may have told the Finheaven people but he did not make it clear in the reports or on the board. Quite the opposite in fact he misled people into believing he was actually there. And you mean to tell me that all of the inaccuracies that PhinFanBo brought up, JBrown could personally verify from 5 second video clips on TV and PHOTOGRAPHS??? I don't buy it. I think he was still tryin to make people think he was actually there, without actually giving a letter by letter lie, and to me thats the same thing as lying.

IceStorm
08-02-2002, 10:58 AM
I honestly don't really care who writes the TC reports mostly. My main concern is that ALL THE FACTS and the truth is written. So write away all you TC people!

JB...people don't care who you told. They only know who you didn't tell. Telling someone else won't give me the information I need.

And I don't really eat the glue, I only kind of chew on it some. And I didn't inhale either! I like cheese.

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 11:35 AM
in any of my reports did i say I went? No, CK you are really immature when I did nothing wrong. How did I mislead anyone with giving info in which friends saw. I never said I was there. As a matter of fact, how stupid are you? Who goes to every single practice..No one..Duh..I was just being nice to all finfans by getting info for them

PhinfanBo1
08-02-2002, 11:44 AM
I post a Dolfantalk. All my reports from Friday-until Monday are up on that board, you can check them out. And why would you say keep the reports coming?? They are NOT legitimate reports, you know what...i'll start gathering media information and throwing in a few lies here and there and then you can compare the quality of my report against JB's report.

ckparrothead
08-02-2002, 11:54 AM
There's no need Bo. Save yourself the time. I was originally grateful to JBrown for his work even if he didn't go to camps, however now I guess his true colors are coming out. When he receives even the slightest criticism he begins with the insults.

How stupid am I? Only about as stupid as 95% of the other posters around here that ALSO thought that your reports came from you going to camps and making observations. JBrown you have a lot of growing up to do.

stan marino
08-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Geez u guys need to relax!!! Let the man do his reports, and if u dont like the way he writes or dont believe his reports then dont read them!!! Its that simple...He is a dolphins fan like the rest of us, he's not some bills fan in disguise!!! Just let this issue die and dont read his reports!!!

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Bo, they are legitimate reports. However if you think legitimate reports don't count if they come from eyewitness than I guess all your reports you did are legitimate. Thanks for telling us that your reports are legitimate.

minus
08-02-2002, 12:01 PM
This what I don't understand.......Why you keep saying that reports are legitimate if we already prove they aren't.JB is showing his true colors now like CK said but there more people who like reading his false reports ...Let it end here because this discussion can go on until season starts.

MDFINFAN
08-02-2002, 12:04 PM
I say yea..I need the fix..JB write your butt.off. You live in VA,,where..I'm in Fort Washington, MD and work in D.C. I'm going to Skins camp and yell at DG for would he did..:-) or should I didn't do..and let him know he was wrong...

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 12:04 PM
ok, I am sick of all this. JB isn't returning my IMs so he either is away or he's ignoring me. However, since I see that he is going from one thread to another on these boards then he obviously is around the computer.

So, my decision is this. Jonathon, if you wish to talk about the site or something... IM or email me.

However, for right now... this entire discussion about JB's articles IS DEAD! This thread will be closed as well as any other discussions about his reports (unless you wish to discuss FOOTBALL when and if he decides to write another article).

Anybody that still wants to bring this subject up again (God knows somebody won't give it up!) Go to the Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions forum...

Now, can we PLEASE get back to Dolphins football and put this subject behind us? PLEASE!

PhinfanBo1
08-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Then I'm going to drop it and let everyone decide for themselves whether they really want this guy around. First of all, the comments he was made in response have only furthered my point like when he said he lives in Va so how could he attend practice? The whole time he has been saying I know what I SAW and what my friends saw? Does that not make sense to anyone else.

Second of all, do you really believe this guy has friends attenting every practice session and reporting back to him? That's crap, plain and simple. He gets his stuff from media outlets and what's worse he exaggerates the reports, and MISLEADS PEOPLE! if i wasn't there on Monday afternoon, I would be thinking that Jamar Fletcher didn't get burned on several occasions as me and Ozzy saw. Instead, I would think that he outplayed Arturo Freeman, and came up with 2 INT's. And no, this is NOT the practice in which Surtain had 2 INT's. That was Tuesday's practice, the one where JB said Fletcher had 2 INT's was Monday afternoon's practice. If i listened to JB, I would think that Casey Roussell didn't just look decent out there, but was booming 60-65 yarders with ease during warm-ups. Do you guys realize how big a deal that is? A lot of people are probably sitting here thinking that Casey Roussell will be our punter this year. During that practice session that JB was talking about, Roussel was being booed during warm-ups!! His longest punt traveled MAYBE 40 yards, tops. If you read my post on Dolfantalk, you will see how I mentioned that Mark Royals looked head and shoulders over Roussell out there. I thought I was watching a high school kicker when I was watching the rookie!! That is not a difference in opinion. That is one person BEING there and SEEING it, and the other person assuming that because Roussell looked good earlier in the week, he must have continued to shine. And then when he makes his post on Tuesday afternoon he says that everything was fine and dandy with Ricky Williams. Didn't care to mention the fact that Williams fumbled twice until he read the media reports later that night, and then posted that on Wednesday, saying it happened on Wednesday which is completely inaccurate!! On Tuesday, the day that Searcy sat out practice, JB says he was playing great one day and terrible the next. That's funny, I was at every practice beetween Friday morning and Monday afternoon. Searcy wasn't there!! He reported on Sunday, and practiced Monday only, since he sat out Tuesday with injury. So how exactly was his play great one day and bad the next??

I need training camp reports too, I count on the fans that can get out to practice and give an eyewitness account of what went on out there. I even enjoy reading Curt Fennell's acurate summaries. He accumulates what he reads in the papers, and then writes a summary of it. BUT IT's ACURATE!! He doesn't mislead anybody, oh wait, that's until he started citing a couple of things from JB's reports (of course giving a link to JB's report at the bottom, it's called CITING). Now, not only is this guy giving us inaccurate reports and leading us to believe things that aren't true and never happened, but he is also ruining Curt's reports in a way!! Just to show just how much of this guy's reports are a joke..I'm going to comment on his report on Monday's practices..the last one's which I was able to attend..my thoughts are in parenetheses

My Morning Practice Take:
Today's morning practice was much more exciting than the past five practices. Not only because they were wearing pads, but we could finally see Running Back Ricky Williams, who we traded for in March, as well as seeing the other great Miami veterans. First off lets start with QB, Ray Lucas looked pretty decent today, as he has everyday since Training Camp started. He looks good in the pocket, as well as out and scrambling, but he does lack alittle bit of accuracy on the run that Fiedler doesn't. (THERE WAS NOT ONE OCCASION WHERE LUCAS ROLLED OUT OF THE POCKET AND THREW THE BALL MONDAY MORNING)As for Fiedler, he was there going through some small drills, but none of the contact drills. He is expected to be back throwing on Wednesday of this week. Then there is the Running Back position, Ricky Williams, looked great. He looks faster than he did in New Orleans last year and he is just as strong. His first handoff of the practice, he gained 5 yards, which was good considering Miami's usual running game. In the middle, he only carried twice and I think he picked 4 yards once and 5 on the other, but picking up anything in that drill is something to be excited about. Overall his day wasn't spectacular, but I must say he is definitely an upgrade from Lamar Smith. Then there was Robert Edwards and Travis Minor, they both ran pretty decent, as well as making pretty good cuts. Nevertheless both are still neck and neck for that 2nd string job, in which I think will fall in the hands of Travis Minor, but we will have to see how these things unfold. Then there was the Fullback position, Ayanbadejo, Deon Dyer, and Rob Konrad all looked good today . I honestly think the Fins will keep all three of them. Ayanbadejo will be basically a Special Team standout, while Dyer blocks for Ricky on running plays and Konrad will come in on passing plays. The only bad part of keeping them three, will be that they will have to cut either Edwards or Henry at Running Back. Next there is the Tight End position, in which you know I'm going to talk about Randy McMichaels, who had another solid and is gaining closer to Jed Weaver for that starting spot. I think McMichael, really impressed the coaches during the first three days of camp, and thats what has gotten him extra attention (EXTRA ATTENTION ON MONDAY!! I DONT THINK ONE PASS WHEN HIS WAY DURING 7 on 7's or 11 on 11's). If the coaches would have held off on naming a starter till after seeing McMichael, I think there would have been a different person starting at Tight End. Next there was the Wide Receiver position, Chris Chambers did it all today, catching everything in sight and even everything that wasn't. (NO NO AND NO..this was my last day attending camp and i was looking for something special from CC but he was being used only as a decoy, they were working the underneath passing game the entire day on Monday) There will be no Cornerback in the league that will be able to contain him, which should give Oronde Gadsden and Dedric Ward, who both had solid days today, more receptions. (NOTICE HOW HE SAYS SOLID DAYS ABOUT EVERYONE AND DOESNT GIVE A SINGLE EXAMPLE TO BACK IT UP..like maybe saying Ward made a nice over the shulder grab in 7 on 7's or something like that)I must say after seeing Chambers potential last season and this camp so far, I really don't know how he slipped down to the 2nd round in the 2001 Draft, but I'm glad he did. Then there is the Offensive Line, who did a fantastic job today pushing the Defensive Line back, which you haven't seen much of lately. There really is no one over powering in the Offensive Line. Today they just seemed to work well together and they got the job done nicely. Although it is a blessing to see Brent back out there, eventhough he was limited, but I still think he can compete for a starting job. I will have more individual information on the Offensive Line in a few days once I get a look at them for more than one day with pads on. Next the Defensive Line position, the line got kind of pushed around yesterday, especially up the middle, so I was anxious to see how they would respond today and as I expected they responded by clogging up the middle today. Larry Chester, Tim Bowens, and Jermain Haley all did there part in making the middle hard for Ricky to run through. I know Chester is the starter right now, but I think Haley will give him a push for the start opposite of Bowens. As for the Ends, they looked as good as always especially Taylor and Ogunleye. However neither Williams, nor Burnett made a strong impression to clearly win the starting job opposite of Jason Taylor, so I still think that position is wide open. As for our Linebacking corp and Secondary, they played fairly decent except for against Chambers, but what can you expect against him. The Secondary and Linebackers did do a lot more blitzing this practice, so it will be interesting to see if they continue this in the coming practices or were just trying it out this morning. Overall I think the team played pretty good for there first full squad practice.

My Afternoon Practice Take:
Well after having a great morning session, the Fins could only could better from there and they did. Lets start with QB, Tim Levcik and Zak Kustok both looked pretty decent for being new to this system. Eventhough I still think Kustok looks more comfortable in the pocket, while Levcik looks timid for some reason. However Levcik seems more accurate and has a stronger arm , so that may win him the job. As I said in the morning session, Lucas looked decent, nothing spectacular, but efficient enough to make the Fins look good. Then there was the Running Backs, who did excellent in the afternoon, especially Ricky Williams, who broke a few runs in the middle drills. (MIDDLE DRILLS? THE ONLY MIDDLE DRILL WAS IN THE MORNING AND HE DIDNT BREAK ANY JUST TOUGH 4 AND 5 YARD RUNS)He has looked really impressive, eventhough its only been two practices. Outside of Ricky Williams, Robert Edwards and Minor looked good again. They aren't really doing anything spectacular, but are getting the job done out of the backfield (GETTING THE JOB DONE HOW?? AGAIN, he wasn't there, he wouldn't know). However I would like to see Robert Edwards make a few more catches out of the backfield than usual. Next the Fullbacks are playing stellar. As I said in the morning take, I feel all three of these guys will make the team. Rob Konrad is by far going to be the starter if he plays like he has been. I really think that Norv will utilize Rob's talents more this year, than Gailey did last year. As for Dyer, I think they will utilize his blocking skills more than anything, but he will need to become some type of Offensive threat. I mean if they just put Dyer in there to block for Ricky than teams will know they are running, and basically when Konrad's in there, they will know they are passing unless Konrad develops some blocking skills. Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice (Ozzy, back me up here would you!! Chambers didn't catch a single pass during this practice session, EVERYONE there noticed it!!), and Oronde Gadsden, who makes catches people don't even think are possible. Both these guys will be stars for this team this year. As for Dedric Ward, he looked great in 3 Wide Receiver sets (Ward was in on maybe one or two 3 WR sets, Turner barely uses those). I honestly think he has passed McKnight on the Depth Chart. It's funny how McKnight was a starter last year and is now moving down teh charts. Hope he starts practicing well, because it would be a shame to waste all that speed, because he has bad hands. Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans. (Like Chambers, no catches. Didn't wow anyone!! I love this kid but this was a day when he didn't see the ball much)If this guy doesn't win the starting job, there must be some bias coaches in the organization. As for Weaver, he did fairly decent, especially in blocking, as you may see from that one picture where he was blocking for Ricky Williams. As for Mayes, he did most work, but doesn't look very good, although I think he's gone anyway (funny how he doesn't mention one of the plays of the day: A 25 yard snatch by Mayes on a deep post over Arturo Freeman!). I don't know why the coaches think he is so great, after all, he has been injured for two years. Now we move to the Offensive Line, who really did a good job today on some occasions against Chester and Bowens in the middle, but they still need to improve and open up more holes in the middle for Ricky. One guy who really looks good is Leon Searcy. People around camp are saying this guy looks like a Pro Bowler again.(The Leon Searcy who looked rusty to just about everyone there and left with an injury?) I sure hope so. As for the defense, they were back to their usual self, looking great as ever. DT Larry Chester was playing great. I really think the duo of Bowens and Chester will stop the middle running game completely, after all what human can possibly fit through there. As for the ends, Ogunleye continues to impress coaches, as well as being a fan favorite for autographs. Last thing to note was that the Secondary looked great, especially Auturo Freeman. He will be a great starter opposite of Brock Marion. Although Freeman was good, Fletcher stole the show. Fletcher had 2 interceptions in the afternoon practice. )that's the icing on the cake..the Fletcher thing..and this is NOT the practice where Surtain picked off two, that was on Thursday. There's no mistaking this..nobody out there had 2 INT's, nobody out there had a single on pick on Monday aft!)Looks as though some of you Fletcher doubters, may have spoke too soon. Well overall the Fins closed out a day of full contact with no injuries, which is always a good thing.

So NOW do you see what I'm saying. Anything decent he has to say can be read at the phins.com news wire, except they don't throw in exxaggerations and misconceptions for their own amusement and to make their posts look better!! I am telling you guys, I need the reports too, and this is not a report!! I might as well be reading a report on last year's practices, I would get as much out of it!!

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Dude... this is going to be merged with one LONG ASS thread in the complaints forum. I moved ALL thread/posts into one nice thing.

JBrownTCReports
08-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Come on guys, we are all FinFans here. Let me just stop my reports. I don't care anyway, I was just doing it for FinFans. As for Bo, I have friends who go to different ones. Not that they all go to each one. Anyways lets just enjoy some Fin Football. Afterall we all bleed the aqua and orange. So come lets stop this stupid mess and just root our team on.

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Nothing against ya... but I am gonna put this in that long thread with the rest of the threads/post.