PDA

View Full Version : Help me get a free iPod... PLEASE

FinHeavenAJ
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone...

I'm trying to get myself a free Apple iPod. This isn't a scam, in fact, it has been reported on Wired.com and CNN.com.

All you have to do in order to help me is register with FreeiPods.com and then do one of their FREE trials. These are entirely risk free. I, for example, am participating in the Blockbuster trial to where I rent as many DVDs I want during my trial two-week membership. After two weeks, I cancel my membership.

The key is that I have to participate in this as well as five other referrals... this is where you step in.

So, if you can do this, I'd really appreciate it... Just click the below week:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9805568

Here are the offers:

Blockbuster Online
BMG Music Service
Video Professor
Columbia House DVD
Ancestry.com
Boca Java
TrimLife
USA Today
GM Card
GloPhone

Again, thanks to everyone that helps me out!

Sincerely,
AJ

Jwcolour
09-29-2004, 08:03 PM
My friend got one from there....hold on i'll help you in a bit

Phinz4Life
09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
It's a shame, or atleast it was for me. EVERY SINGLE company besides the ink cartridge one wouldn't work, it said it wasn't avaliable and too choose something else. The ink cartridge one involves BUYING ink, and was the only link that would work. So, there you go, and regardless of five referrals, you have to do it.

The referrals mean nada.

FinHeavenAJ
09-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Blockbuster works :cool:

LOL

Spector
09-29-2004, 10:03 PM
You have to reffer 5 people and you and teh other 5 must complete one of the "special offers" which most of them you have to pay money in some way. Most are "free" trial memberships but you still have to pay something. I was going to do the cd one wehre you buy like 7 cds for about $20 which is a really good deal, but 5 other people on your refferal list also have to complete the deal before you get an ipod.

FinHeavenAJ
09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
People people... there is a free two week trial for Blockbuster Online... that seems like the deal to me... LOL

FinHeavenAJ
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Nobody else wants to help me get a few iPod? :cry:

byroan
10-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I'd help out but I don't see blockbuster listed anymore. Did they take it off?

Scrap
10-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I'll check it out later today, or as soon as I can get on the web again. I've got a little league flag football game to go coach in about 10 minutes.

FinHeavenAJ
10-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Woooo..... thanks man! I really appreciate it!

As for the Blockbuster thing, I'm not sure. I don't know if they take offers down when one is already done. I know one of my friends did the BMG thing and he's likin it. He got 6 CDs and paid $20 in shipping. Now, he just has to buy 1 CD at regular price + shipping and then receive another 4 free CDs (of BMG's choice). He really didn't mind paying the shipping, since he buys TONS of CDs anyways...

Thanks again!

SuavePhin
10-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Wait........someone still buys music?? wow ;)

FinHeavenAJ
10-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I know it sounds strange, but I usually buy all my music.

The only case is a member here has an FTP account with a ton of music on it, that I am downloading off of (and uploading... soon). However, I usually buy it all cause I like the full CD, not just the couple of songs the radio stations want you to hear.

FinHeavenAJ
10-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Wait........someone still buys music?? wow ;)
Besides the music though... I'm sure there's something there that interests you ;)

I currently have three friends that signed up... I just need two more to signup and participate... c'mon... :cool: :D

WeVie
10-02-2004, 01:53 PM
However, I usually buy it all cause I like the full CD, not just the couple of songs the radio stations want you to hear.

I never buy music and always download the whole cd. I use mIRC as I have said before and if you can't find it there it does'nt exist.

FinHeavenAJ
10-02-2004, 02:03 PM
is there like a room that you go to or something? I really never did mIRC...

Whats the process?

Muck
10-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Don't sign up for this stuff. You'll get loads of spam in your Inbox.

Somebody signed me up without my permission. And now my immaculate email account has been infiltrated. :fire:

BigFinFan
10-02-2004, 10:53 PM
is there like a room that you go to or something? I really never did mIRC...
Whats the process?

AJ,

mIRC is okay, but it is better to find sites that have Full Albums on it. I have about 2000 singles to go along with all of the Albums - you know how many!

I am pm'ing you and Muck the latest Additions to the Site.

BigFinFan
10-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Don't sign up for this stuff. You'll get loads of spam in your Inbox.
Somebody signed me up without my permission. And now my immaculate email account has been infiltrated. :fire:

Muck,

You need to get Norton Internet Security 2005 - it had an Anti-Spam filter for e-mail. Plus it has Norton Anti-Virus!

You know where to find it!

Muck
10-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Muck,

You need to get Norton Internet Security 2005 - it had an Anti-Spam filter for e-mail. Plus it has Norton Anti-Virus!

You know where to find it!

This wasn't my personal inbox that I "pop" down via Thunderbird. This was my GMail account. And until now, no spammer had that address. Clean as a whistle. Soon as I was "opted in" to this iPod crap, the wonderful offers started pouring in. You have no idea how ticked this makes me. I'm almost ready to abandon this account and open another. But I've already got business going to this account (since it was clean and relatively secret). Sorry for the rant. But every time I think about this, it gets me worked up.

Personally, I don't like NIS. I like NAV. But I'm not crazy about how NIS tends to take over machines. And I love when it tells the end user (with admin rights) that they aren't a supervisor and don't have permission to uninstall the program. :lol:

WeVie
10-03-2004, 01:21 PM
You have to download there script (http://www.mirc.com/get.html) and install it. and then find a server that has some good music channels in it. Here are a few.

/server irc.phazenet.com
/server jokerswild.fl.us.phazenet.com
/server tractor.ok.us.phazenet.com
/server 66.163.242.14

Here are a few music channels I go to.

#mp3_source
#mp3albums
#100%-free-mp3s
#mp3albums-chat

The last one there is a chat only channel but there will always be someone to answer any questions you may have.

The great thing is you can get most of the music before it is even released.
Other than music you can get about any movie, game, or program you may need if you look. That is if you don't mind being a pirate. :D

FinHeavenAJ
10-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Ok people... great news...

Four people have signed up, whether or not they have done anything I don't know (cause it can take up to 15 days for that to update). But all I need is ONE more person (if the previous 4 have done something).

So come on down... who's the next signee?

Thanks to ALL of those that are helping me out, I really... REALLY appreciate it!

FinHeavenAJ
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
You have to download there script (http://www.mirc.com/get.html) and install it. and then find a server that has some good music channels in it. Here are a few.

/server irc.phazenet.com
/server jokerswild.fl.us.phazenet.com
/server tractor.ok.us.phazenet.com
/server 66.163.242.14

Here are a few music channels I go to.

#mp3_source
#mp3albums
#100%-free-mp3s
#mp3albums-chat

The last one there is a chat only channel but there will always be someone to answer any questions you may have.

The great thing is you can get most of the music before it is even released.
Other than music you can get about any movie, game, or program you may need if you look. That is if you don't mind being a pirate. :D
Whoa... the text was moving so fast in those rooms I had no idea what to do... :lol:

Do you just ask for stuff? :confused:

WeVie
10-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Whoa... the text was moving so fast in those rooms I had no idea what to do... :lol:
Do you just ask for stuff? :confused:

Best thing to do is go to the chat channel I was talking about and ask how it works. Someone will help you out there or we can get on there at the same time and I can talk you though it.

Search for a song like this @locator Back in black

If anyone has it it will come up in the top of the window with there name and you can type this to get the song.

!WeVie acdc-back_in_black.mp3

and it will send. you can also download a persons list of all the files they are sharing in a .txt file. It is a little to learn but once you get the hang of it there is nothing better in my opinion. And there is no adware or spyware. You also don't have to worry about any viruses as long as you don't accept any file you did not request.

FinHeavenAJ
10-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Right now I'm in /server irc.phazenet.com and mp3albums....

FinHeavenAJ
10-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok... so I'm now downloading my first song...

Now, is there a way to download a directory?

WeVie
10-03-2004, 10:35 PM
looks like you are learning how it works. Any more questions I am here.

BigFinFan
10-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Still not as good as my site though!

Phinius Fanicus
09-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I guess this is a really old post but I stumbled upon it on Google and i'm a member of this site so I figured I'd post. I need 1 more person to complete an offer for this damn thing, been trying to get the last one forever. If you help me out I will send whomever does it money via paypal.

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=10145956 Help out a fellow finfan! lol