PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Virus Warning

FinHeavenAJ
08-05-2002, 11:40 AM
I received this from clumpedplatelet through a PM:

Many of the former BBI posters at the new site received e-mails titled "2002 BillsFanZone.com" from posters at BBI. It appears it may be a virus as a number of posters at BFZ are now having computer problems. I see that there is a thread in the NFL Smack about "BBI needs writers"......check to see if anyone here is having computer problems. I'm at work right now, but I may have problems when I get home. I'm sending you this warning because it appears that anyone that posts at BFZ may be a target and I know a number of Fins fans post at both Bills sites....Thanks

clump...er...Bob B.

Predaphin
08-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanx AJ for the warning

MOULDSROCKS
08-06-2002, 03:29 PM
WTF?

Rude American
08-06-2002, 04:56 PM
I post at both sites. Never had a problem, knock wood.

BogusTrumper
08-06-2002, 04:56 PM
I assume that you all know how the Klez virus works and that when you get an infected email it did not necessarily come from the address in the "from" part of the email. But here is a link that explains it more:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,52055,00.html

When I get one of these, and I have gotten several from the people at the Zone, I never assume that it is being done intentionally. I do not automatically assume that it is some kind of attack from a rival web site. Unfortunately some of the people from the Zone do not grant the people from BBI the same courtesy.

In any case, visit the link above and be careful when you open any email attachments.

Clumpy
08-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm only doing the judicial thing and warning people. If you don't like it BT, then make sure my e-mail addy is eliminated from BBI "records" as to prevent this and solicitations to join BBI STOP!

BTW: I've been banned from BBI and have no recourse to contact them...maybe they'll read this and leave me alone!!

BogusTrumper
08-09-2002, 03:28 PM
It's "judicious," sweetie.

Clump, there is a good chance that it came from one of your friends. It could have come from anyone with your email address in their address book. I'm sure everyone at BBI and everyone at BFZ is doing everything they can to make sure they aren't the one spreading the thing.

How is the internship going?

BTW - The email address for BBI is still on the main page.

Clumpy
08-10-2002, 02:51 AM
I tried it and it bounced back as "not available"

and there's a good chance it WAS intentional.....vindictive people always find ways to blame others.....but I didn;t get a virus and I hope no one else did as well

BT: Pm on BFZ

MOULDSROCKS
08-10-2002, 07:58 PM
oh **** off! It is not the BBI....

WharfRat
08-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Ummm... is FinHeaven now the place where Bills fans political laundry is aired? A clandestine meeting place for spies from both nations (BBI & BFZ)?
I get a kick out of this cold war between east and west buffalonia!