PDA

View Full Version : Jets DE John Abraham out for 4-6 weeks with sprained MCL

ckparrothead
08-05-2002, 12:55 PM
The jury's in. Jets front office says 4 to 6 weeks.

Which in all likelihood means that it will take 10 weeks...since the Jets front office can never be trusted to give ACCURATE injury data.

But on the brightside Herm Edwards followed up by saying that generally John Abraham should come back from this injury "stronger, faster, smarter, meaner on the field yet kinder and gentler off the field, and more popular with the ladies since his ***** will double in size"

Herm Edwards later stated that the recovery from this knee injury will be the primary springboard for Abraham's successful 2004 Presidential Campaign.

DNY
08-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Saw the play, he got cuaght in a pile up, had to be supported off the field.

ckparrothead
08-05-2002, 01:32 PM
Wonder if it means he'll miss the Dolphins game. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a torn MCL and the Jets are just calling it a sprain for sh!ts and giggles.

DNY
08-05-2002, 01:35 PM
They are truly the walking wounded. Mawae's walking arount in just his jersey wearing a Lenox Hill knee brace, Jumbo is resting, Vinny is walking around with his hand bandaged up, Beasley was out, Cowart was out, Evans was out, it was pathetic. Their O-line is a bunch of scrubs right now except for Fabini and McKenzie and Fabini looks like he's a bit hindered due to the huge brace he's wearing on his left knee.

ckparrothead
08-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Not to mention the two shoulder injuries that Fabini's dealing with that the Jets still have yet to acknowledge in public

IceStorm
08-05-2002, 05:12 PM
Well, it's either a sprain or a tear. If it's a tear, I imagine it'll longer then 6 weeks. We'll have to wait and see.

What are the jets fan's saying about it?

DNY
08-05-2002, 05:14 PM
It's a grade 2 sprain. which means the ligament is partially torn. 4- 6 weeks, no surgery.

Agua
08-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Yeah, and even if he makes it back in that time frame (perhaps, especially if he makes it back in that time frame), it's going to hinder him all year. Of course, just about every injury nags on throughout the year, but MCL will definitely have a lingering effect on the guy.

ckparrothead
08-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Like I said, sprained MCL, out 4-6 weeks. I said 10 weeks because its the Jets front office that said out 4-6 weeks and they said a sprain.

And they lie through their teeth about injuries. Still my favorite quote is from Herman Edwarda about how generally players come back from knee surgery stronger and faster than before.

Dajesus
08-06-2002, 12:44 AM
It is pretty much the same injury that "Edge" had last season, and if you remember corectly he was lost for the year. A sprain is something very hard to comeback from(having sprained everything on my body in my days of high school sports) the hardest thing is getting the confidence to put alot of preasure on it. It is also tough because even though it may heal, it stays sore for at least a year, and the day after you put extreme preasure on it you are back to square with a lot of pain. I would be very surprised to see the JA that we saw last yeat at any point of this season. If he plays he will not be as menacing.

dolphan39
08-06-2002, 05:42 AM
you hate to see injuries, but if there are any let them to be someone of the Jets :evil:

seriously, this injury could make our LT spot much less iffy. Is there another decent DE in the AFC East that does not wear aqua and orange ?

dolphan39
08-06-2002, 05:45 AM
he says
"I'm confident I'll be back for the first game," Abraham said at Hofstra. "I'm shooting for the last preseason game, but the first (regular-season) game, definitely."

from http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/8718p-8185c.html

also of interest
He will have to wear a knee brace the entire season, which, for a speed rusher, isn't the best of circumstances

iceblizzard69
08-06-2002, 08:40 AM
Is McGinest still with the Pats or was he released?

dolphan39
08-06-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Is McGinest still with the Pats or was he released? he was re-signed, but he is always hurt seemedly