CirclingWagons
10-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Best athlete of alltime is Muhammed Ali

LIQUID24
10-08-2004, 02:25 AM
Sugar Ray Robinson, MJ, Jim Brown.

tehMick
10-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm only going to do Football so if anyone has a problem with that, um, die.
:yes:
QB: Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Dan Marino
RB: Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders
FB: Larry Csonka
WR: Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann
TE: Kellen Winslow
LB: Mike Singletary, Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus
DB: Ronnie Lott
Coach: Vince Lombardi, Don Shula
Like Tony Kornheiser would say:
"There's the list;That's it; I win!"
:woot:

Prime Time
10-08-2004, 11:58 PM
NFL=Barry Sanders
MLB=Barry Bonds
NBA=Michael Jordon
Soccer=Maradona :rocker:

tehMick
10-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Pele > Maradona
Especially after Futbol.

Soccer=Maradona

paq7512
10-09-2004, 01:45 PM
NBA Michael Jordan
NFL Barry Sanders
MLB Alex Rodriguez (will be)
NHL Wayne Gretzky
Boxing Mike Tyson (no question)

t2thejz
10-09-2004, 02:56 PM
NBA Michael Jordan
NFL Barry Sanders
MLB Alex Rodriguez (will be)
NHL Wayne Gretzky
Boxing Mike Tyson (no question)
Tyson? Haha, Tyson was a great boxer but did not have a long enough career to be considered the greatest. Not even close. You need to study up on your boxing.

Prime Time
10-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Pele > Maradona
Especially after Futbol.

Ummmm no. Maradona >>>>>>> Pele.

Prime Time
10-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Tyson? Haha, Tyson was a great boxer but did not have a long enough career to be considered the greatest. Not even close. You need to study up on your boxing.

Muhammed Ali. No questions asked.

Dirk
10-11-2004, 07:35 AM
Greatest Athletes per sport IMO

Basketball - his AIRness, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain (he was versatile, more versatile than SHAQ, but look to see Shaq on this list soon)
Baseball - The Babe, Ted Williams (Honorable mention: Joe DiMaggio, Barry Bonds (if no steroids)
Boxing - Muhammad Ali
Hockey - Wayne Gretzky
Football - geez this is tough, Jim Brown, and hes lucky that barry retired....
Soccer - not well versed on it, but Pele would work for me....
tennis - Pete sampras, hands down....
Golf - Jack Nicklaus (Tiger needs to get back from his honeymoon)

paq7512
10-11-2004, 11:27 AM
This is good. You are telling me to study boxing probaly because you see that I am only 18. But listen to this. Mike Tyson thee youngest champ. Did not study his opponents like Ali, just destroyed them. He went to prison during the prime of his life. How sad is that. Don Queen really took advantage of him. He lost not one but two of the most important people in his life.(Both trainers) He was not as fast as Ali but way more powerful. I believe he would have handed it to Ali. And that is the real deal Holyfield.

t2thejz
10-11-2004, 12:13 PM
This is good. You are telling me to study boxing probaly because you see that I am only 18. But listen to this. Mike Tyson thee youngest champ. Did not study his opponents like Ali, just destroyed them. He went to prison during the prime of his life. How sad is that. Don Queen really took advantage of him. He lost not one but two of the most important people in his life.(Both trainers) He was not as fast as Ali but way more powerful. I believe he would have handed it to Ali. And that is the real deal Holyfield.
I see your point but Ali went to jail in his prime as well and still has the best reseme out of any boxer out there. Sure Tyson had tons of potential and a lot of misfortune but thats the way it went Ali had some misfortunes as well but the great ones come through (they dont bite peoples ears off), and studying your oppenets and being smart is part of the game as well. I still think if things went Tysons way Ali would still be considered the greatest. Ali also had way more competition than Tyson.

LIQUID24
10-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Tyson isn't in the top 25 all-time pound-for-pound. Ray Robinson is at the top. Tyson is a top-10 heavyweight though.

paq7512
10-19-2004, 12:18 PM
I see your point but Ali went to jail in his prime as well and still has the best reseme out of any boxer out there. Sure Tyson had tons of potential and a lot of misfortune but thats the way it went Ali had some misfortunes as well but the great ones come through (they dont bite peoples ears off), and studying your oppenets and being smart is part of the game as well. I still think if things went Tysons way Ali would still be considered the greatest. Ali also had way more competition than Tyson.
Mike Tyson was the best bar none. He knocked out guys in the first and second round. How many does Ali have?

LIQUID24
10-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Mike Tyson was the best bar none. He knocked out guys in the first and second round. How many does Ali have?
A typical Tyson nuthugger.:lol:

Tyson didn't face the quality opposition that Ali did. Tyson was only great for a short period of time. There is no boxing expert that has Tyson in his top 5 heavyweights, top 10 yes, but not top 5.

Dolfan984
10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Tyson couldn't hold Ali's jock strap...not that boxers wear them...

All Tyson has is power. Did you see the fight against Lennox Lewis a couple years ago.

Lets put it like this, Tyson is around 5'11", and Lewis is like 6'7", and Lewis jabbed the **** out of him making Tyson look silly. Easy with for Lewis.

And Ali would knock Lennox Lewis the **** out.

Then you look at the competition that Ali faced. You really think Tyson could take George Foreman in his prime? Both were the same style of fighters, except Foreman was bigger and taller.

paq7512
10-19-2004, 08:22 PM
A typical Tyson nuthugger.:lol:

Tyson didn't face the quality opposition that Ali did. Tyson was only great for a short period of time. There is no boxing expert that has Tyson in his top 5 heavyweights, top 10 yes, but not top 5.
You. That is my opinion, don't cry.