PDA

View Full Version : Trade!

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Travis Henry for a first rounder is it worth it. I think he is. There’s really no good quarterbacks in the draft this year accept maybe Leinhart and Orton. Come on we need our first rounder back. That’s if Ricky doesn’t come back.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-09-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't think so. I'm not a big fan of Travis Henry's but I will say that he is a huge upgrade over what we have right now!

byroan
10-09-2004, 09:25 PM
No.

Nicky Napoleon
10-09-2004, 09:32 PM
NO!!! We need to fix the OL and give Henry a shot. So you want us to trade what will probably be a top 5 pick for Henry....NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!! We have already traded too many picks away, and in a few years it may come back to haunt us!!! We'll keep our picks thanks!!!

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Just a thought, I mean he’s a quality back.

feelthepain
10-09-2004, 09:36 PM
He gets hurt too much.

patswho?
10-09-2004, 09:36 PM
i think that if we could pull it off do it. there is no sure thing in the draft and travis henry is a for sure 1000 yard back

supertek
10-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Don't forget: WE will probably have one of the top 3 or 4 picks in the upcoming draft. You don't get that very often ( unless you're the Bengals ) We should use it on a blue chip player or turn it into multiple lower picks.

If it was a typical year where we are drafting in the lower third a trade like that might be fine.

unifiedtheory
10-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Henry is a good back but, he is not worth what is potentially a top 5 draft pick.

This organization needs to stop trading draft picks. In the salary cap era the route to sucess is cheap players. Cheap players come from draft picks...we need more of them, not less.

DolphanD
10-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I think Henry has big upside...LEONARD Henry that is. I say if we do end up with a top 5 pick trade down and take Orlavsky or Leinart or Orton or whoever is one of the top QBs or if they don't come around by draft time the best player available and get extra picks. God knows we need 'em.

Prime Time
10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
We are doing well every year concerning the cap...but we need to fix our O-line. Honestly out of all our lineman, I think Jeno James is the only one which is ABOVE average at this point. Everyone else is just blah right now.

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Henry is a good back but, he is not worth what is potentially a top 5 draft pick.

This organization needs to stop trading draft picks. In the salary cap era the route to sucess is cheap players. Cheap players come from draft picks...we need more of them, not less.

True, but you never know what you’re going to get. Travis Henry is proven, still young, and as far as getting hurt he played with a cracked fibula, and bruised ribs almost the whole year, missed one game, but still managed 1,356 yards last season. He’s off to a slow start this season but he usually starts off slow and explodes after the third or forth week. And you forget also, we have the worst o-line in football.

patswho?
10-09-2004, 10:24 PM

like kijana carter, or akili smith, o, tim couch was a top 5 pick.cade mcown was a top pick. also....... have u noticed the top players we pick in evry years draft, not very good.

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 10:26 PM
like kijana carter, or akili smith, o, tim couch was a top 5 pick.cade mcown was a top pick. also....... have u noticed the top players we pick in evry years draft, not very good.
Thank you, what about André ware?

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 10:47 PM
or raghib ismail.

Jaj
10-09-2004, 10:52 PM
We're picking a QB this time. I hope it's Aaron Rodgers. This guy is that good...

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 10:57 PM
We're picking a QB this time. I hope it's Aaron Rodgers. This guy is that good...
so was chris weinke.

Jaj
10-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Chris Weinke?

He was a 29 year old moderately physically talented QB that Carolina spent a fourth on.

goodfella11
10-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Chris Weinke?

He was a 29 year old moderately physically talented QB that Carolina spent a fourth on.
ok, drew brees.

dolfanrodney
10-09-2004, 11:30 PM
I would rather draft a young stud in Cedric Benson then get someone like Henry.

sports24/7
10-09-2004, 11:36 PM
I think it is funny how so many people think there wont be talent at QB in this draft. Just because there may not be too many household names (even though there are a few) that doesnt mean they arent good QBs. There could be as many as 6 QBs that have the potential to be a first round pick and maybe a franchise QB. Aaron Rogers will be a stud, he has all of the tools. Orton will be pretty good as well and should be ready to start sooner than later. Leinart doesnt have the strongest arm, but is still a nice prospect. Then you have Dan Orlovsky, David Green, and Brad Smith. If Feeley doesnt proove his worth this team MUST bring in a franchise QB. I still think Feeley deserves a chance first though.

byroan
10-09-2004, 11:56 PM
I would rather draft a young stud in Cedric Benson then get someone like Henry.
Dunno, after today I'd like Adrian Peterson. Yea, he won't be in the draft for a few years, but he sure did look great.

gator_sensation
10-10-2004, 02:04 AM
We don't need another back. We need OL!!!!! Even if we have Barry Sanders and Dan Marino in their prime, we will still suck with this OL!!!!

TRUDOLFAN54
10-10-2004, 02:42 AM
I Would Rather Wait And Draft Cedrick Benson If We Don't Go With A Qb With Our First Pick.

adamprez2003
10-10-2004, 04:32 AM
we are on pace for a top five pick. under no cicumstances do you trade that for travis henry. matt leinhart, aaron rodgers, orlavsky will be available. the dolphins have a chance to draft their qb for the next decade . do not waste that pick on a running back who will never even be good enough to be a pro bowl selection