PDA

View Full Version : Sad to say, but Kyle Orton is overrated!

Nublar7
10-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, I went to the PSU/Purdue game yesterday and I can see why people are saying his is overrated. Sure he threw for a bunch of yards and a score(2 picks, 1st two year) but the way he accomplishes it would give almost any QB good numbers. I would say about 90% of his passes are quick outs to the WRs. Only a few times did I see him actually throw it past the Line of Scrimmage. This is the way he gets so many completions and puts up the big numbers. Only a handfull of plays did he throw it over the middle or past the LOS and twice he was picked off.

I just wanted to tell this to the people who are on the Orton bandwagon for our draft pick next year. Going into the weekend I was on the bandwagon, now I am off. Go Leinart!

dlockz
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Fielder is definately much better and underrated. I actually think he;s pretty good and they did still win with a much less talented team than Leinhart.

Noodle Arm
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Cal's Aaron Rodgers seems to be the most NFL ready QB at this point.

Fresh
10-10-2004, 06:42 PM
I co-sign to that. Aaron Rodgers is who we need out of this draft. Actually, I prefer Benson and Brown over Orton.

Kyle Orton is NOT a top prospect in my opinion. At best, he's probably the 3rd rated QB.

iceblizzard69
10-12-2004, 09:06 PM

I agree. I think him, Leinart, and Walter are all better than Orton.

Bling
10-13-2004, 07:15 PM
it's still early...I remember Phillip Rivers when he was 4th best QB in the draft coming up to bowl week....