PDA

View Full Version : Trading Randy Moss

DolfanDaveInATX
10-11-2004, 08:25 PM
My team is 0-4 on the verge of 0-5. The main reason is that my league's automated draft screwed me when it came to RBs and the only starter I wound up with was Kevan Barlow. T.J. Duckett barely saw the field and Larry Johnson didn't. I had Aaron Stecker for a couple of weeks but he's useless now that Deuce McAllister is back. I picked up Reuben Droughns off waivers but it can't be long before the Denver RB committee gets its next chairman. I have put in a waiver claim on Michael Bennett but my order is 8th out of 12 teams, so I doubt I'll get him.

I've decided that because I'm strong at WR with Moss, Harrison, Chambers, and Boldin about to return, I'm going to put Moss on the trade block because he'll get unquestionably the biggest value in return. I want an elite RB and a second player in exchange. Which are the RBs I should target to get in exchange for Moss? Curtis Martin is interesting; he's off to a great start and he's already had his bye. Input will be appreciated.

Jwcolour
10-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I think Martin could be good, but you never know if he is going to wear down at his age..

Rafiki
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I would search through teams which are deep in good RB's but have lousy/nominal WR's. They'd probably happily trade a stud RB for agruably the best WR in the league.

So, do your research.

Jwcolour
10-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I mean if you want an elite RB you have to go after a Priest or LT, if one of the teams who owns one of these guys has any sort of decent backup then they should go for it...

DolfanDaveInATX
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
My first offer is Duce Staley and Lavaraneus Coles. I will sit on that for a while.

Rafiki
10-11-2004, 09:56 PM
No! He'll take it for sure. Duce has done.. okay. But has only one rushing TD.

I'd take Moss in a heartbeat for that. Seriously you can get better!

OurHeartAndSoul
10-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I traded Coles for Chris Brown, just to be an insurance policy at RB for Thomas Jones and Clinton Portis three weeks ago. But, I did like Rafiki said and did my homework on the trade.

DolfanDaveInATX
10-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Some of the offers I'm thinking about making:

* Shaun Alexander
* Priest Holmes
* LaDainian Tomlinson
* Chris Brown plus Larry Fitzgerald
* Tiki Barber

If I can't get takers on that, I might counter the Staley/Coles package for Rudi Johnson and Reggie Wayne.

Martel
10-12-2004, 04:10 AM

* Shaun Alexander
* Priest Holmes
* LaDainian Tomlinson
* Tiki Barber

If I can't get takers on that, I might counter the Staley/Coles package for Rudi Johnson and Reggie Wayne.

I'd try to get Brown but I don't think Fitzgerald is a good second player. Dude you have RAndy Moss!!! I think you could get Brown and a player like Reggie Wayne. DO NOT trade him for Duce and Coles! Making trades like that, no wonder your 0-5. :confused:

Superself
10-12-2004, 10:09 AM

* Shaun Alexander
* Priest Holmes
* LaDainian Tomlinson
* Tiki Barber

Dude, you already have Harrison!
You should be able to get a Shaun Alexander or LT for Moss straight up.
If you lose Moss for inconsistent players, you lose out on the trade. Remember that whoever you get HAS to be a no risk round 1 draft choice that doesn't get injured and is in a well established system. (S. Alexander, P. Holmes...etc...)
Be a little wary of C-Mart....he won't keep that production up all year.

Jwcolour
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't think superselfs oppinion could be said any better, EXACTLY my oppinion.

dolphinpower
10-19-2004, 09:05 PM
FORGET what everyone else has told you.....TIKI BARBER is going to be the MVP this year. Go for him. If not him then Shaun Alexander. By far....Alexanders next 10 games will be easier than TIKI's, but not buy much. I would go for alexander, and a 2-3rd rate player