PDA

View Full Version : Football takes a backseat

FinsNYanksFan13
10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
RED SOX SUCK!

minus
10-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Talk about a boring sport with no action.

GO BOSTON!!

FinsNYanksFan13
10-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Stop hating cause Soccer is dominated by chicks in America!!

iceblizzard69
10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Stop hating cause Soccer is dominated by chicks in America!!

What the **** are you talking about?

Prime Time
10-12-2004, 08:13 PM
More people could name a US Soccer player then a Womens US Soccer player....

Baseball is exciting also IMO. Not as much as football and soccer but it is exciting especially in the post season, especially when it is NY vs Boston. I hope to see a fight break out. Boston in 7 :evil:

nyjunc
10-12-2004, 08:20 PM

I disagree w/ that and to say baseball is not as exciting as soccer? There is nothing more boring on this planet than soccer.

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Red Sox getting rocked early...6-0

Looks like Schilling is on his way to putting his foot in his mouth....

t2thejz
10-12-2004, 10:09 PM

Baseball is exciting also IMO. Not as much as football and soccer but it is exciting especially in the post season, especially when it is NY vs Boston. I hope to see a fight break out. Boston in 7 :evil:
Not true for me at least, I can name Beckem and hes not American for Girls I can name Heather Mitts of coarse and Mia Hamm

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Memo to Red Sox fans....

Dont waste your time....Schilling just became the goat and without him at 100 percent you're toast....PEdro has the yanks inside his head and this team is using Wakefield for middle relief when the Yanks are killing the BoSox?? Just pure stupidity....

Memo to Yankee fans....

Enjoy your stay in the World Series, and savor your pennant, because the CArds will dispose of you....

Memo to Mother Nature....

Screw you for causing the Florida Marlins to sit at home :(

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Memo to Red Sox fans....

Dont waste your time....Schilling just became the goat and without him at 100 percent you're toast....PEdro has the yanks inside his head and this team is using Wakefield for middle relief when the Yanks are killing the BoSox?? Just pure stupidity....

Memo to Yankee fans....

Enjoy your stay in the World Series, and savor your pennant, because the CArds will dispose of you....

Memo to YOU:

Its only game 1.

Marlins Suck.

And we just scored 5 runs in the 7th. A tie or win is not probable but it is possible. You can at least give them some respect for not dying - DOWN 8 to ZERO with not one baserunner.

Very unfourtunate about Schilling. Very concerned.

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:13 PM
As for the Marlins "sucking", try having your ball club play 30 games in 27 days, including home games in friggin CHICAGO....and due to multiple doubleheaders your starters cant get rest, so you have to call up a SINGLE A pitcher, who gets rocked in each of his starts because you have no choice....

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:14 PM
and the fish closed the gap to 1 game before that single A pitcher caught up to them :(

iceblizzard69
10-12-2004, 11:16 PM
There is nothing more boring on this planet than soccer.

The world disagrees.

Oh yeah and Freddy Adu is by far the most famous soccer player in America. He's gotten a hell of a lot more hype than he deserves but he's still the most famous. The best one, however, is Landon Donovan.

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey Fin.in.RI how many WS victories do the BoSox have...say, in the past 10 years? 20? 50?

Marlins have two :D

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 11:22 PM
This game is killin me.... i cant belive its 8 to 7..
Mariano wont give the game up though. Valiant effort by the Sox, though.

..Too bad the Marlins had to play 30 in 27.. maybe next year. The hurricanes set em back a bit... :shakeno:

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey Fin.in.RI how many WS victories do the BoSox have...say, in the past 10 years? 20? 50?

Marlins have two :D

I knew it was comming...

0 WS wins. that has no effect on me anymore, I am numb to that. ;)

1918 :eek:

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 11:27 PM
ahh 10-7 -- BRING THE NOISE!!!!! BRING IT!

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:33 PM
I knew it was comming...

0 WS wins. that has no effect on me anymore, I am numb to that. ;)

1918 :eek:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Sorry, had to act like a child....but thanks for playing ;)

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Sorry, had to act like a child....but thanks for playing ;)

It was too easy, but you're welcome. :goodnight

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:44 PM
hey, you left it open when u said "marlins suck", so I had to jump on it..... :lol:

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 11:04 AM
hey, you left it open when u said "marlins suck", so I had to jump on it..... :lol:

I woulda done the same man.. all in good fun.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-13-2004, 11:32 AM
In all seriousness, the game last night was great. Props to Boston for making it interesting (very interesting), but as Red Sox fans know more then anything, almost doesn't count. Boston's season is on the line tonight (I don't care what anyone says). Game 1 and 2 were set up perfect for Boston to take control, now they face the possibility of heading home down 0-2 with Arroya opposing Brown. I'd put money on Brown over Arroyo anyday of the week, even with a broken hand. All the pressure is on Boston (and Pedro) tonight. Heading home down 0-2 with the Yankees having the obvious pitching advantage doesn't bold well for Boston!!

FinsNYanksFan13
10-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah. I think Mariano Rivera remains the difference in October between the Yankees and the rest of MLB. Everyone thinks that his family members dying is going to effect his mind. If anything I think it's going to motivate him. He's going to want to do his best for them!!

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Pedro HAS to win tonight... He is going to be brutilized by the Yankee fans and its gonna be a fun game to watch...

If the series is 1-1 going back to Fenway expect Arroyo to beat Brown.. After that I cant predict.

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Oh yeah. I think Mariano Rivera remains the difference in October between the Yankees and the rest of MLB. Everyone thinks that his family members dying is going to effect his mind. If anything I think it's going to motivate him. He's going to want to do his best for them!!

NO question. ORTIZ was 90 feet awy from tying the game... THEN Mariano came in - game over...

iceblizzard69
10-13-2004, 03:20 PM
I need the Red Sox to win tonight so the people at my school will shut up. Some of them were acting like they won the ****ing World Series yesterday.

nyjunc
10-14-2004, 06:20 AM
The world disagrees.

Oh yeah and Freddy Adu is by far the most famous soccer player in America. He's gotten a hell of a lot more hype than he deserves but he's still the most famous. The best one, however, is Landon Donovan.

That's great for the World but in this Country soccer will never catch on as a spectator sport.

Most people have no idea who Freddy Adu is, Mia hamm is ALOT more popular than any male soccer player in the US.

minus
10-14-2004, 07:34 AM
All that will change in the next few years.Soccer will be very popular in the next 15 years.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Soccer is so popular that MLS is probably losing money and the women's league closed down!! Sounds like it's going to blow up in the next 15 years lmao!!

minus
10-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Soccer is so popular that MLS is probably losing money and the women's league closed down!! Sounds like it's going to blow up in the next 15 years lmao!!

MLS is losing money and they just expanded the league?

More kids are playing Soccer at youth level than any other sport in the U.S right now.Hispanics populations is growing in the U.S which will help promote more the game of soccer.

Soccer will be a top sport wether you like it or not in the near future.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Keep your fingers crossed man, i'm pulling for you and soccer!!!

nyjunc
10-14-2004, 03:57 PM
All that will change in the next few years.Soccer will be very popular in the next 15 years.

That's waht they said in the 70s(so I've been told) when the NASL was popular. If Pele can't sustain interest in Soccer in the US then nobofy can.

More kids are playing Soccer at youth level than any other sport in the U.S right now

It has always been like that b/c soccer is the easiest sport to play for kids. Soceer will NEVER become big time in the US- NEVER.

iceblizzard69
10-14-2004, 04:55 PM
That's great for the World but in this Country soccer will never catch on as a spectator sport.

Most people have no idea who Freddy Adu is, Mia hamm is ALOT more popular than any male soccer player in the US.

They talked about Freddy Adu all of the time on ESPN earlier this year, and he still get mentioned on shows like SportsCenter. Freddy Adu is very recognizible, if you watched ESPN, you would know that.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Freedie Adu no doubt is recongnizable but unless the kid start averaging like 4 goals a game, he will not bring soccer to the forefront of sports in this country!!

nyjunc
10-15-2004, 05:45 AM
They talked about Freddy Adu all of the time on ESPN earlier this year, and he still get mentioned on shows like SportsCenter. Freddy Adu is very recognizible, if you watched ESPN, you would know that.

They did b/c the guy is 14 or 15 yrs old, it's a freak show but that's what soccer needs to do to get attention. IF he turns out to be the real deal and becomes huge then MAYBE Soccer can become a bit more popular but even still I don't think they can ever become big time. I don't think they could even catch Hockey in terms of popularity.

inFINSible
10-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Memo to Red Sox fans....

Memo to Yankee fans....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Memo to Red Sox fans....

So stupid!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

FIN-IN-RI
10-08-2005, 11:45 AM
aahhh the memories..