PDA

View Full Version : It gets better and better with Kobe

TerryTate
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Now Phil JAckson is writing a tell-all book, and Kobe is even more of a scumbag than what was previously known!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1900031

FIN-IN-RI
10-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Kobe is such a jerk.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Kobe needs to be humbled. They say the day Michael Jordan's career took a turn for the better (as far as winning titles and not worrying about stats) was when he was chewing out all the guys in practice and Bill Cartwright (or could of been Horace Grant but I think it was Cartwright) basically told Jordan that if he ever spoke to him like that again (I guess Jordan got personal), Jordan was going to get ko'd. They say that Jordan was seriously humbled that day and changed his ways immediately. I think it's going to be tough to humble Kobe though. He basically got the most dominating center in the league traded and got a monster contract from the Lakers. On top of that, he's the man and calls the shots, so he's on top of the world right now!! Maybe Odom will lump him up lol

FinsNYanksFan13
10-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Kobe needs to be humbled. They say the day Michael Jordan's career took a turn for the better (as far as winning titles and not worrying about stats) was when he was chewing out all the guys in practice and Bill Cartwright (or could of been Horace Grant but I think it was Cartwright) basically told Jordan that if he ever spoke to him like that again (I guess Jordan got personal), Jordan was going to get ko'd. They say that Jordan was seriously humbled that day and changed his ways immediately. I think it's going to be tough to humble Kobe though. He basically got the most dominating center in the league traded and got a monster contract from the Lakers. On top of that, he's the man and calls the shots, so he's on top of the world right now!! He really needs a glass of humble juice though. He's acting very invinsible for a guy who was facing 20 years in jail!!

Jwcolour
10-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Now Phil JAckson is writing a tell-all book, and Kobe is even more of a scumbag than what was previously known!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1900031

I fail to see the part where kobe is shown as more of a scumbag.

Samphin
10-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Kobe needs to be humbled. They say the day Michael Jordan's career took a turn for the better (as far as winning titles and not worrying about stats) was when he was chewing out all the guys in practice and Bill Cartwright (or could of been Horace Grant but I think it was Cartwright) basically told Jordan that if he ever spoke to him like that again (I guess Jordan got personal), Jordan was going to get ko'd. They say that Jordan was seriously humbled that day and changed his ways immediately. I think it's going to be tough to humble Kobe though. He basically got the most dominating center in the league traded and got a monster contract from the Lakers. On top of that, he's the man and calls the shots, so he's on top of the world right now!! He really needs a glass of humble juice though. He's acting very invinsible for a guy who was facing 20 years in jail!!

I believe it was Horace Grant. He and Jordan never ever got along. Also, it didn't change Jordan's ways at all. When he went to Washington, he pretty much stunted the growth of his own draft pick calling him names such as "******" on front of everyone. This was a kid that Jordan himself drafted and a kid who idolized Jordan growing up, and here "Air Jordan" decides to berate and belittle him in front of the whole team. Someone should have called HoGrant then. :shakeno:

Samphin
10-13-2004, 04:36 PM
rthermoe, I find the hypocracy quite stunning here. When Kobe tells all, he is a scumbag for "telling" on Shaq. When Phil tells all, Kobe is a scumbag for events that should have otherwise been kept secret. Granted nothing in those blurbs was a damning as what Kobe said about Shaq but the same pronciple applies. I know all you Heat fans are enamored with Shaq right now ( as you should be, coming from a Laker fan, he most definately lifts your spirits as a fan ) but not everything that went down in L.A. was Kobe's fault, despite what Shaq and/or Phil might say.

Perhaps L.A. couldn't win the championship because Phil was more interested in cutting his fingernails n the sidelines than coaching the damn game. Perhaps L.A. wins a championship if Shaquille "Fat Albert" O'neal had gotten his *** in shape ( like he is now ) and quit complaining about his itty bitty toe. Or perhaps they win if shaq doesn't use "company time" to get the surgeries done on im just because he was injured on "company time." Kobe obviously has his flaws, but Shaq and Phil's crap stinks too you know.