PDA

View Full Version : U2 Vertigo

!PapaCrunk81!
10-12-2004, 12:55 PM
As you can see, I really dig the song (since I changed my avatar,) but has anyone else heard the new single? I've been a diehard U2 fan for a long time (their concerts are just plain spectacular) and I hope the rest of the new cd has this feel to it. How many bands can stay together this long (I think they started in '72), keep the same members, and still be successful, even when their leadsinger and songwriter is still trying to save the world, and still be relevant? I am a U2 homer ( I still think that their are some great tracks on Pop,) but anyone that likes music of this genre should keeps their ears open for it.

ps, I'm really not trying to sound like a pitchman on an informercial, I promise

CirclingWagons
10-12-2004, 06:35 PM
As you can see, I really dig the song (since I changed my avatar,) but has anyone else heard the new single? I've been a diehard U2 fan for a long time (their concerts are just plain spectacular) and I hope the rest of the new cd has this feel to it. How many bands can stay together this long (I think they started in '72), keep the same members, and still be successful, even when their leadsinger and songwriter is still trying to save the world, and still be relevant? I am a U2 homer ( I still think that their are some great tracks on Pop,) but anyone that likes music of this genre should keeps their ears open for it.

ps, I'm really not trying to sound like a pitchman on an informercial, I promise
I hear ya man...it's rare that you ever see bands stay together WITH THEIR FOUNDING MEMBERS. As you know The Cure is my favorite band and they've been around since '78, but Robert Smith is the only mainstay of the band. Simon Gallup(the bassist) has been there almost the whole time as well.
U2 is a sick band that puts on one of the best live shows(the Elevation tour was unreal), and they will always be one of the best.