PDA

View Full Version : Classic Florida Panthers games

Migs182005
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Fox Sports Net here in So. Florida is showing some of the Florida Panthers playoff games in 1996 when they went to the Stanley Cup. It's sweet to see the old team win and to see the plastic rats thrown onto the ice every time we scored a goal.

The biggest game to watch will be Oct. 19 7:30pm: Panthers over Penguins in game 7.

Maybe it's just me but damn it's fun to watch if you're a Panthers fan :cool:

Pink_Dove
10-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Talk about Cinderella...
Althought a HUGE Leafs fan, that '96 Panthers team was gold...
They rode the Beezer's goaltending all the way to the finals and although I havn't seen any of the games since, I can remember guys like Mellanby, Skrudland and Lowry coming up big!

MaXx
10-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Those were definitely fun times, I loved the rat thing, too bad they didn't allow it after that season, I thought it was a cool tradition. It's also cool to see them still playing at the Miami Arena.

It's pretty sad to see the state that hockey is in now.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Man, Hockey picked the worst time to go on strike. This is going to give the sport a black eye even worse then baseball. I doubt i'll be wearing my Ranger blue this year. What a joke!!

Migs182005
10-13-2004, 11:41 AM
It does suck that hockey is gone for now. Other than Football, Hockey is the best sport when you have a good team in the playoffs because the intensity is tremendous.

And I love the actual game of baseball, soccer, and basketball better but it doesn't compare to the playoff intensity of hockey.

Honus Joglund
10-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Althought a HUGE Leafs fan, that '96 Panthers team was gold...

Awesome... another diehard Leafs fan. :cooldude:

xOJxMCDUFFIEx
05-28-2008, 01:33 AM
BEEZEERRR was the man... i miss him

he's a very under appreciated goalie... he was the man behind many of cinderella runs

it's a shame he never got to win the cup :(