PDA

View Full Version : Yankees or Red Sox?

PhinYZIR13
10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I don't know who to root for. I hate the Yankees, but the one thing I hate more than the Yankees are the Patriots. And I am sure all Patriots fans are Red Sox fans! All I know is I don't want to see Patriots fans have anything else to cheer about if their Red Sox advance! Who are you all rooting for?

CirclingWagons
10-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I don't know who to root for. I hate the Yankees, but the one thing I hate more than the Yankees are the Patriots. And I am sure all Patriots fans are Red Sox fans! All I know is I don't want to see Patriots fans have anything else to cheer about if their Red Sox advance! Who are you all rooting for?
Root for the Yanks...I have no allegiance to either team, but the Yanks win with class, the Sox celebrate every win like it's their long-elusive WS title.
Also, it's fun to see them choke every year, why stop the streak? :D

Jimmy James
10-13-2004, 12:03 AM
There are a nice number of Red Sox and Dolphins fans. I know I'm not the only one here. I think you have to go with the Sox because if that curse ever gets broken, the energy has to go elsewhere. I think it's only logical that it would hit the Patriots because the Celtics and Bruins are clearly cursed themselves.

As a Sox fan, I'm pretty sure we'll get Sox-Astros with Clemens beating us and then retiring for good. He is by far my favorite baseball player even despite his hate for my favorite team, so that doesn't upset me as much as it does most Sox fans.

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 12:02 PM
There are a nice number of Red Sox and Dolphins fans. I know I'm not the only one here. I think you have to go with the Sox because if that curse ever gets broken, the energy has to go elsewhere. I think it's only logical that it would hit the Patriots because the Celtics and Bruins are clearly cursed themselves.

As a Sox fan, I'm pretty sure we'll get Sox-Astros with Clemens beating us and then retiring for good. He is by far my favorite baseball player even despite his hate for my favorite team, so that doesn't upset me as much as it does most Sox fans.

Ceeltics arent cursed by any stretch of the imagination. 16 Championships is not cursed. Even though they haven't done squat since '86 does not make them cursed.

Bruins, yea they are cursed...

Jimmy James
10-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Two player deaths and falling off a cliff after 86 may not be a curse, but it is certainly the makings of a curse.

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Two player deaths and falling off a cliff after 86 may not be a curse, but it is certainly the makings of a curse.

Thats reaching a bit. One had a coke habit and one had a heart problem.. Its not like they died in freak car accidents.. Misfortune maybe (for the families).. Celtics cursed? Hardly...

Jimmy James
10-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Len died right when things went bad, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Celtics prove me wrong. I'm a Spurs fan, but I always enjoyed watching Larry and the guys when I was a kid.

FIN-IN-RI
10-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Len died right when things went bad, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Celtics prove me wrong. I'm a Spurs fan, but I always enjoyed watching Larry and the guys when I was a kid.

I wouldnt mind either, JJ ;)

Jwcolour
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Im all for the yankees. Here at school there are so many redsox fans who always complain about the yankees this the yankee's that. There's nothing I hate more than a Red Sox fan using the excuse that the yankee's can simply buy all their championships. They only spend like what 11 Mil more? Thats nothing in baseball...just too much crying. Plus im from new york state so why not?

Philter25
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
rootin for the yankees is like rooting for AIDS....... ill leave it at that.

paq7512
10-13-2004, 06:17 PM
I am for the Yankees, only because of A-Rod.

iceblizzard69
10-13-2004, 07:22 PM

And there are a lot of Jets fans who are Yankees fans, so everything cancels out in that regard. Root for the Red Sox. The Yankees are scum.

Jimmy James
10-13-2004, 08:46 PM
I am for the Yankees, only because of A-Rod.

Isn't that a reason to root against them? Taking the best SS in the league and converting him to a 3B because you're just that big a monolith is pretty offensive. Bailing out a guy who chose greed over his team and finally woke up to the implications is also pretty offensive.

paq7512
10-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Isn't that a reason to root against them? Taking the best SS in the league and converting him to a 3B because you're just that big a monolith is pretty offensive. Bailing out a guy who chose greed over his team and finally woke up to the implications is also pretty offensive.
Uh huh

Jimmy James
10-14-2004, 08:45 AM
I think it's important that I declare I did not support the ARod for Manny deal on the grounds that ARod should have been made to rot in Texas for what he did to the Mariners. At least Griffey left to go someplace he considered home.

FuturePhin
10-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Yankees :cooldude: