PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Jay Leno bashes Dolphins on Tonight Show!

romio
10-12-2004, 05:31 PM
jay lenno said
"According to ESPN, former Dolphins running back Ricky Williams -- remember him, he quit the NFL this past summer because he wanted to find himself and smoke dope -- wants back in. I guess he found himself. He found himself an out-of-work pothead. He wrote a letter to the NFL asking how soon he could come back. He wrote the letter on Zig Zag papers." (Oct. 7):roflmao:

LIQUID24
10-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Wow, that was, um, creative.

SkapePhin
10-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Jay Leno sucks... Conan is king.

Nublar7
10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Jay Leno sucks... Conan is king.Yep, can't wait until 2009 when Conan takes over the Tonight Show.

dolfan87
10-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Yep, can't wait until 2009 when Conan takes over the Tonight Show.

Did Conan announce who was taking over the Conan O'Brian Show? ;)

Nublar7
10-12-2004, 05:42 PM

87You mean "Late Night". ;) Anyways, no he hasn't picked a replacement yet, but some names being thrown around are Jimmy Kimmel, John Stewert and Ellen.

Phinzone
10-12-2004, 05:42 PM

Apparently not you ;)

chevysales
10-12-2004, 07:22 PM
You mean "Late Night". ;) Anyways, no he hasn't picked a replacement yet, but some names being thrown around are Jimmy Kimmel, John Stewert and Ellen.

hello...jimmy kimmel has a late night show on abc after nightline which is doing very well in the ratings.

iceblizzard69
10-12-2004, 07:35 PM
That's a typical Jay Leno joke in that it wasn't funny at all.

Nublar7
10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
hello...jimmy kimmel has a late night show on abc after nightline which is doing very well in the ratings.Doesn't mean anything. ABC doesn't own Kimmel, they have him signed to a contract and I am sure if he isn't signed thru 2009(probably isn't) that he would bolt ABC for the more popular late night shows on NBC.

Smoke
10-12-2004, 07:41 PM
You mean "Late Night". ;) Anyways, no he hasn't picked a replacement yet, but some names being thrown around are Jimmy Kimmel, John Stewert and Ellen.
Ellen?? I'd have to get used to going to bed earlier.

Finfan23
10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Jay Leno sucks... Conan is king.

that's an awesome sig!!!!!

Miami 13
10-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Someone is taking over Late Night?? What's up w/ Conan??

Nublar7
10-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Someone is taking over Late Night?? What's up w/ Conan??Jay Leno is going to retire in 2009. Conan will move from the "Late Night" show at 12:30am to the "Tonight Show" at 11:30pm. That means they will need to find a new host for "Late Night".

Miami 13
10-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh, OK Thanks.

Jwcolour
10-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Ellen and John Stewert? please no, John isn't that bad but I don't want to see him late at night. I don't want to see Ellen ever. Kimmel is actually pretty funny, but i'd like to see them go after some other comedian.

chubby3363
10-13-2004, 03:41 AM
Did you guys here Jay Leno tonight? He was giving his comedy intro and was talking about how well Billy Bob Thorton's movie did over the weekend. Ya know Friday Night Lights. Leno then said..."If you wanna see some bad high school football check out the Miami Dolphins." There was a lot of laughing and some ooohhhs...as if to say....that was low. DOL-Fans, when Jay Leno is making fun of a sports team....that team SUCKS in a real and terrible way. I'm sure that is a forgone conclusion with most Miami fans, but this is an all time low. I couldnt believe i was hearing this about our beloved Fins??? He usually makes fun of the clippers or bengals or somone like that. I though what Dave W. did in chicago was a joke and bad, but this is unbelievable. One of the proudest sports franchises in history. I cant believe he was hired again, especially with a top notch franchise, after blowing up the Bears. Folks......Fool me once shame on you....Fool me twice.....shame on me!

Martel
10-13-2004, 03:45 AM
Oh man, these next 3 months are going to be more painful than expected. I have a Dolphin license plate and antenna ball hanging from my mirror and people are starting to look at me funny.

yankeehillbilly
10-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Did you guys here Jay Leno tonight? He was giving his comedy intro and was talking about how well Billy Bob Thorton's movie did over the weekend. Ya know Friday Night Lights. Leno then said..."If you wanna see some bad high school football check out the Miami Dolphins." There was a lot of laughing and some ooohhhs...as if to say....that was low. DOL-Fans, when Jay Leno is making fun of a sports team....that team SUCKS in a real and terrible way. I'm sure that is a forgone conclusion with most Miami fans, but this is an all time low. I couldnt believe i was hearing this about our beloved Fins??? He usually makes fun of the clippers or bengals or somone like that. I though what Dave W. did in chicago was a joke and bad, but this is unbelievable. One of the proudest sports franchises in history. I cant believe he was hired again, especially with a top notch franchise, after blowing up the Bears. Folks......Fool me once shame on you....Fool me twice.....shame on me!
I was wondering when it would start....in fact, a couple of weeks ago I started a thread asking when we would make Jay's monologue.

Martel
10-13-2004, 03:49 AM
Good thing I don't watch that unfunny bastard anyway.

Finfan80
10-13-2004, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I knew Jay would start in. I actually think Leno is pretty funny...hearing abt the Fins on Leno is a little therapeutic, I can at least laugh about it! hoping that we won't be there for long that is!

Finlandia
10-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Jay is a d*ckhead and always was.
Letterman still rules.

Dolfan954
10-13-2004, 09:32 AM
jay lenno said
"According to ESPN, former Dolphins running back Ricky Williams -- remember him, he quit the NFL this past summer because he wanted to find himself and smoke dope -- wants back in. I guess he found himself. He found himself an out-of-work pothead. He wrote a letter to the NFL asking how soon he could come back. He wrote the letter on Zig Zag papers." (Oct. 7):roflmao:
Zig Zags? Hell no. A real smoker uses Dutchmasters.

Philter25
10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Ellen??? You gotta be kidding me. Thank god its 4 years from now, hopefully by then people will realize she flat out sucks.

I nominate dave chappelle.... although he would have to tone it down a little bit. Stewart would be good, the daily show is funny and he can actually interview people and pop GOOD jokes on the spot. Jimmy Kimmell sucks now, he was good at the man show but flying solo makes him look like a doof. Only funny show was when Karl Malone came on and Jimmy looked like he was going to piss his pants and Karl was going to beat him up afterwards...........

Krie30511
10-13-2004, 10:15 AM
jay lenno said
Funny:confused: .. ha ha...funny:o :shakeno: ...

K-Rob
10-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't think Ellen would be a god fit for the Tonight Show, but I gotta admit she's as funny as anyone out there. Have you seen her show? She's like the female Dave Letterman (but not as good looking :lol: ). Id' watch her show over Jay Leno any time. I never really liked him. Too "Stand-Up" for me.

Martel
10-14-2004, 02:23 PM
Doesn't mean anything. ABC doesn't own Kimmel, they have him signed to a contract and I am sure if he isn't signed thru 2009(probably isn't) that he would bolt ABC for the more popular late night shows on NBC.

Jimmy Kimmel is barely hanging on now, he won't be around in 2009. His show is awful! Do you guys like that show???? :eek: