PDA

View Full Version : Poor tale of Cecil Fielder

BAMAPHIN 22
10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Their storybook life seemed headed for the happiest of endings — Fielder was traded to the Yankees, eventually retired with career earnings of $47 million in salary alone, and moved his family to the largest, richest mansion in central Florida.

Now, it's all gone.

All the money, the mansion — even the loving family unit.

Fielder is in hiding, with process servers stalking him. He is not in contact with his family, and many attempts by The Detroit News to reach him failed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2004-10-18-cecil-fielder-troubles_x.htm

Deez Nutz
10-20-2004, 11:14 AM
but his son is going to be just as good as him, if not better. He'll get a good amount of money.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah his son supposedly is a star in the making. THe sad thing is that Fielder had not only a gambling problem, but an eating problem. This guy easily get addicted!

paq7512
10-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Wow! What a dope. He went through like 48 million. He went out of control gambling. Poor dude. He has problems. He should at least secured his house.

AggieFin21
10-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Man I hate to hear that. Cecil was one of my favorite players....

#84Fan4Life
10-21-2004, 10:07 AM
I have no pity for him but I do feel bad for his family. If you can manage to blow through almost $50 million then you deserve to be broke. I do however feel bad that his family now has to live with a cloud of debt that was created by Cecil.

Jimmy James
10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Somebody needs to sit every single young sudden millionarie down with a guy like MC Hammer and have him explain just how damned easy it is to go through an absurd fortune. We should seriously legislate this somehow...perhaps we could give the sudden millionaire a one time tax break or something...

LtDan
10-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Their storybook life seemed headed for the happiest of endings — Fielder was traded to the Yankees, eventually retired with career earnings of $47 million in salary alone, and moved his family to the largest, richest mansion in central Florida.

Now, it's all gone.

All the money, the mansion — even the loving family unit.

Fielder is in hiding, with process servers stalking him. He is not in contact with his family, and many attempts by The Detroit News to reach him failed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2004-10-18-cecil-fielder-troubles_x.htm
That's too bad! Gambling sucks!!

PHINATIC13
10-23-2004, 12:51 AM
I don't know but doesn't he get a pension from MLB????????? I always liked cecil

nyjunc
10-23-2004, 06:55 AM
I spent a summer down in Melbourne and worked right near his house in Suntree, beautiful place but I must admit I have little sympathy for these guys that make millions then blow it.

TerryTate
10-23-2004, 07:56 AM
I don't know but doesn't he get a pension from MLB????????? I always liked cecil

not sure on that one...IF he does get one id be surprised if it was even 6 figures....NFL players need a pension due to the physical abuse they endure playing football, its no comparison vs. baseball....

acmeanvil49
10-27-2004, 07:56 AM
The saddest part was where he said "at least I'm a good father"
Then you hear what his kids say about him and it sounds like he's not even that.