PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge...

jtown777
10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Ex-Creed members form Alter Bridge (minus Scott Stapp).

I was a fan at first based on the talents of Mark Tremonti (guitarist/vocalist)and Scott Phillips (drummer). Never really liked Stapp all that much. He thought of himself too much and acted like Axel Rose IMO (maybe not to the extreme). Anyway, I knew they wouldn't last long and I was right. Now three of the original band members have become ALTER BRIDGE. I think these guys are gonna be BIG. Great songs (lyrically) and the music is really good. They have a new lead singer and the guy can lay it down. Most Hard Rockers may not like it, but if you are a fan of Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, or even Creed, you're sure to like their debut. Just wanted to let you all know it's worth checking out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.alterbridge.com/noFlashBand.html

Muck
10-20-2004, 06:26 PM
I still like Open Your Eyes.

jtown777
10-21-2004, 02:43 AM
I still like Open Your Eyes.

Yeah, pretty good stuff. They'll be at The House of Blues in Anaheim next Tuesday so we'll see how they do live. The guys did an awesome job at the Creed concert. Let's see if they kick it up a notch! I'll let ya know.

Rebar71
10-22-2004, 01:49 PM
So - do they sound more like "My Own Prison" Creed (loved it)? Or "Weathered" Creed (hated it)?

Jwcolour
10-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I absolutely hated Creed. I'm still not a fan of Alter Bridge, but they aren't nearly as annoying (in my own oppinion) as creed was. Especially Stapp.