PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Magic???

DolphinDevil28
10-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Ahh, my boys are back. No more "me,me,me" Mcgrady, We got Cuttino Mobley and the Franchise, Grant Hill is FINALLY healthy, and Mr. Dwight Howard is the real thing. Not to mention the bench is built back up.

Heat fans, you got yourselves some competition.

Go Magic!!!

Pink_Dove
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Maybe putting them ahead of the Heat is a bit premature...

IMO they will contend for a playoff spot and have added some nice pieces but they are not in the Heat's class yet...
A lot hinges on Francis's play, who was mediocre last year...He can be one of the best when he puts his mind to it but with 19 technical fouls last year, it shows he doesn't always have it screwed on right...
He shot a paltry 40.3 % from the field and looked frusturated at times...
On the other hand he plays hard, doesn't shy away from contact and knows how to get to the basket...

Looking at the Heat's roster I just think Shaq wuold eat up Kelvin Cato in the middle...and right now I'd pick Wade over Francis and Mobley, just because of his upside...Wade matched Francis's PPG and had a 46.5 FG%...If he starts hitting that jumper the Wade + Shaq combo (and Eddie Jones who can put up 15 on a regular basis) will be lethal...

DwayneWade
10-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Ahh, my boys are back. No more "me,me,me" Mcgrady, We got Cuttino Mobley and the Franchise, Grant Hill is FINALLY healthy, and Mr. Dwight Howard is the real thing. Not to mention the bench is built back up.

Go Magic!!!
Sorry but theres no way they can touch us.. you guys arnt even competition. Dwyane Wade and Shaq are gonna be unstoppable :D

TerryTate
10-28-2004, 05:46 AM

Go Magic!!!

That had to be the funniest thing I have ever heard...

Keep dreaming Devil

:roflmao: :lol: :rofl4: :grouplaug :bry: :chuckle: :spit:

TerryTate
10-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Hey Devil...I cant wait to read the newspapers and find out that Grant Hill broke his ankle while tying his shoelace....(not that i support people getting hurt, but I wouldnt be surprised if that happened)

FinsNYanksFan13
10-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Not a good call Terry. After everything Grant Hill has gone through, I wish nothing but a succesful comeback for him (on top of that i'm a Duke fan). As far as Orland testing the Heat.....................keep dreaming. Unless Shaq trips over Steve Francis and breaks his leg, it's not going to happen!

DolphinDevil28
10-28-2004, 04:35 PM
ahem ahem

109-103 on Wednesday night. With Shaq.

Go Magic

Topdawg13422
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Dolphindevil28 wrote: Ahh, my boys are back. No more "me,me,me" Mcgrady, We got Cuttino Mobley and the Franchise, Grant Hill is FINALLY healthy, and Mr. Dwight Howard is the real thing. Not to mention the bench is built back up.

Go Magic!!!

I'm with ya devil I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with a HEALTHY Grant Hill, and a revamped team. Just for the record I've been a Magic fan since they were an expansion team so I've been through it all with this organization(Damn that Nick Anderson, and his free throw shooting:goof: ).

FinsNYanksFan13
10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
I think the Magic are underrated and could slide into an 8th seed. I wouldn't expect big things from them (like a division title) because it's going to take time for them to mesh, but I definitely could see them sneaking up on people and by the end of the year when all of their chemistry issues are worked out, I could see them sneaking into the backdoor of the playoffs!