PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson's sister caught doing a 'Milli Vanilli' on SNL

finataxia24
10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
See the video...it's embarrassing....but I LOVE IT!! (http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Noodle Arm
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
I watched it when it aired live and couldn't stop laughing my butt off. I loved how she blamed her band for the mistake.

Well it seems Ashley is a bit pissy about what people are saying about her. Look at what she posted on her official message board. http://www.ashleesimpsonmusic.com/community/Topic.asp?assetid=942266&artistname=Ashlee%20Simpson&artistid=488&title=Get+your+jabs+in+now

10/24/2004 8:00:55 PM - by Ashlee Simpson
Get your jabs in now. Once i can get in contact with the webmaster, everythings getting deleted. It doesn't matter anyway, there's too many important people behind my career to stop it now.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2004/10/ashleedance-1.gif

ltfinfan
10-25-2004, 01:44 PM
damn the links not working for me

SkapePhin
10-25-2004, 02:05 PM
This was hilarious.. I saw it live too.. What a phoney..

What did she right in that link? It doesnt show up anymore.

BTW, Johnny Cash was the man!

Jwcolour
10-25-2004, 03:30 PM
It really isn't all that uncommon for a singer to have a vocal track also playing in the background while also using a live microphone to "boost" the power of someones voice. You can easily hear it at just about any pop or even some R&B preformances. Where you hear the background vocal but you can also tell when they make vocal mistakes because they may hit a slightly off key. Mili Vinilli was completely different, they weren't even the voices in the music.

BigFinFan
10-25-2004, 03:36 PM
It really isn't all that uncommon for a singer to have a vocal track also playing in the background while also using a live microphone to "boost" the power of someones voice. You can easily hear it at just about any pop or even some R&B preformances. Where you hear the background vocal but you can also tell when they make vocal mistakes because they may hit a slightly off key. Mili Vinilli was completely different, they weren't even the voices in the music.

Are you President of her fan club?

BigFinFan
10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
:chuckle:

iceblizzard69
10-25-2004, 04:22 PM
And she thinks she's "punk" too. What a joke.

Jimmy James
10-25-2004, 04:33 PM
My wife told me that she was the answer to Avril Lavigne.

I told her that Avril Lavigne wasn't a question worth answering.

ltfinfan
10-25-2004, 04:38 PM
My wife told me that she was the answer to Avril Lavigne.

I told her that Avril Lavigne wasn't a question worth answering.

Quote of the year :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

10-25-2004, 04:39 PM

more like "puke"

tehMick
10-25-2004, 04:52 PM
I saw it live.
Apparently the SNL techie played the wrong vocal track.
The band started playing her new single but the vocal track was for the song she had already performed.
I wouldnt call it as bad as Milli Vanilli.
I mean, for the love of God, the record was skipping!
:roflmao:
Classic.
:hump:

10-25-2004, 05:18 PM
I saw it live.
Apparently the SNL techie played the wrong vocal track.
The band started playing her new single but the vocal track was for the song she had already performed.
I wouldnt call it as bad as Milli Vanilli.
I mean, for the love of God, the record was skipping!
:roflmao:
Classic.
:hump:

girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..
girl you know its..

:lol: :lol:
:shakeno: :shakeno:

LIQUID24
10-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Yep, that's the thing that bugs me most. I was LMAO when I saw this. :roflmao:

Jwcolour
10-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Are you President of her fan club?

Haha naw, i'm just saying its a common practice. Atleast it really IS her voice, unlike Milli and his pal.

ltfinfan
10-25-2004, 06:03 PM
now her dad has come out and said that she was suffering from acid reflux and it made her voice horse. thats why she had the voice track :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041025/D85UMD500.html

Jimmy James
10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Haha naw, i'm just saying its a common practice. Atleast it really IS her voice, unlike Milli and his pal.

You mean it starts out as her voice before they go processing it.

Martel
10-25-2004, 06:49 PM
I was watching it live too. When she did the first song, it was obvious she was fully lip-synching. You couldn't hear a trace of her real voice. People normally don't lip-synch on "live" TV shows like Leno or Letterman because the audience can tell that you aren't really singing. Sometimes other awful singers will "double" themselves, basically sing (with the mic really low) over the lead vocal. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, considering that on her crappy show she had some kind of problem everytime she sang live. This was super embarassing, I couldn't imagine. The only other people I've seen lip-synch or double themselves on SNL have been Britney and J-Lo. SNL should make a new rule that if you can't sing live you can't perfom.

Jimmy James
10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
What pisses me off is that the one time I cared about the musical performer on SNL (Mighty Mighty Bosstones), they only got one song. To add insult to injury, Dicky Barrett's voice sounded like *** because he had a cold or something. Finally, they got the gig when they released their weakest album and had their weakest single out. It sucked, but at least they didn't stoop to the Simpson level.

It's not all bad, though. I really loved Bear City, and we wouldn't have seen that otherwise...

Jwcolour
10-25-2004, 07:47 PM
You mean it starts out as her voice before they go processing it.

Well its a given today with Protools

Muck
10-25-2004, 09:56 PM
What pisses me off is that the one time I cared about the musical performer on SNL (Mighty Mighty Bosstones), they only got one song. To add insult to injury, Dicky Barrett's voice sounded like *** because he had a cold or something. Finally, they got the gig when they released their weakest album and had their weakest single out. It sucked, but at least they didn't stoop to the Simpson level.

I remember Chad Kroger (Nickelback) having a similar problem on SNL or Leno. Something like that. Pretty sure it was SNL. Anyway, it was obvious that he was sick and his voice was pretty impaired (not to mention I'd seen them live a few times). And while most people didn't know who they were then.....and probably wondered what the hell this guy was doing on national TV.....it was cool to know that Rock bands, even "new" ones, don't sell out when it comes to performing live.

As for Dickey Barrett, his voice was shot more times than not when I've seen them in concert. :lol: And he's generally been drunk to boot. :tongue:

Hellion
10-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Good bad or ugly at least Rock&Roll is real.
Hellion 2004 :D

:rockon: :band: :guitar:

Muck
10-25-2004, 10:02 PM
I didn't see anything written by Ashlee Simpson in that link.

But there was something by an imposter named "Ashlee Simson" (no "p").

Jimmy James
10-25-2004, 11:17 PM
As for Dickey Barrett, his voice was shot more times than not when I've seen them in concert. :lol: And he's generally been drunk to boot. :tongue:

Hell, his voice is shot even when it's not shot. That's the appeal, I guess. Still, that weak one song rendition was just too disappointing...

SkapePhin
10-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Haha! I used to be big into Ska back when I was 14... Went to all the shows and "skanked" (ska dancing) the night away.. Looking back, it was so goofy.. Bands like Reel Big Fish, Lets Go Bowling, Skankin Pickle, Mustard Plug. lol..

And ya.. Dicky Barret's voice is terrible, cold or no cold..

modestophinfan
10-26-2004, 04:53 AM
im sick of these people that think punk rock still lives. it is my belief that punk rock died when the dead kennedys broke up, they were the last great punk band.

Jimmy James
10-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Haha! I used to be big into Ska back when I was 14... Went to all the shows and "skanked" (ska dancing) the night away.. Looking back, it was so goofy.. Bands like Reel Big Fish, Lets Go Bowling, Skankin Pickle, Mustard Plug. lol..

And ya.. Dicky Barret's voice is terrible, cold or no cold..

Wow you were really into the ska.

I love the ska thing. They're songs with such inherently peppy and happy beats. The 90s ska bands really were mostly just cheese, though.

10-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I didn't see anything written by Ashlee Simpson in that link.

But there was something by an imposter named "Ashlee Simson" (no "p").

The website took it down not long after NoodleArm posted it. But the quote he took out of it was all she said. Everything else was "you $uck" or "we still love you".

Muck
10-26-2004, 09:08 PM
The problem with punk is, everybody has to "conform" to punk standards. It's always "you're not punk" or "you're a sellout". :lol:

Basically, you have to suck nowdays to be truly "punk". :tongue:

10-27-2004, 11:22 AM
The concept of "punk" was NOT to conform. It was to be different. Once it became more mainstream, it ceased to be punk.

Ashlee Simpson, by definition, in all her pre-packaged, manufactured, privileged-little-sheltered-world glory, cannot be punk. No offense to her, I'm sure 12 year old girls love her and all, but punk was more about the mindset than the music.

And someone please tell Avril that wearing her dad's tie does not make her punk either.

Jwcolour
10-27-2004, 11:29 AM
If you listen to Ashlee's music it really doesn't even sound like it's trying to be punk. Either way none of the punk music you hear now is punk...it really isn't even related at all to the "real punk" of old when it came out. There aren't songs of rebellion or anything. It's mostly whining, and crap songs about how depressed people are because their parents don't understand. Except in like...the New York underground punk scene...punk music is pretty gone. Bands like Bad Brains, Scream, even like the Clash, sex pistols ramones...the punk music isn't the same...

It seems now that it's cool to match up a "modern punk" image to music that has nothing to do with either punk or the new punk. Example: Ashlee.

Mindwarp
10-27-2004, 03:52 PM
the link is down.. but i found a mirror..

http://web.njit.edu/~rc28/ashlee_snl.wmv

Jwcolour
10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Ashlee is preforming on Leno right now....Not lip syncing. Doesn't sound too bad either, missed a note or two but definitely wasn't faking it, and didn't sound bad at all (notes/accuracy wise, def not a fan of the song though)

Philter25
10-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Ashlee is preforming on Leno right now....Not lip syncing. Doesn't sound too bad either, missed a note or two but definitely wasn't faking it, and didn't sound bad at all (notes/accuracy wise, def not a fan of the song though)
I think after a few nights ago, she would be a complete idiot to try and lip sync again.

Jwcolour
10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
I think after a few nights ago, she would be a complete idiot to try and lip sync again.

Honestly what she was doing that night in all likelihood isn't lipsyncing...just sort of related to it by playing the vocals along with a live mic that works...but yeah you're right, they probably won't screw around with that for a while.