PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS to the SOX/ FINS ARE NEXT!

LtDan
10-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Likely not this year but we need to step up and end our 31 year drought!! REAL SOON!!

Oh, by the way: SCREW THE PATS!!!!

Nublar7
10-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Curse of the Bambino was broken. :cry:

Time to break the Curse of the Marino. :goof:

stork48
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Likely not this year but we need to step up and end our 31 year drought!! REAL SOON!!

Oh, by the way: SCREW THE PATS!!!!

:yes: yup yup yup, I'm down with that!!!! :chuckle:

Jimmy James
10-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I have always thought that the Red Sox and Dolphins had a good bit in common, mainly because of the mind boggling greatness of Marino and Clemens when they were in their prime. Now that I get to celebrate a World Series, I have to find out how much sweeter celebrating a Super Bowl is.

Go Dolphins!

tehMick
10-28-2004, 12:08 AM
My thoughts exactly!
:woot:

go_fins
10-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Time to end the Curse of Dave Wannstedt!

Medieval954
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
That Nike commercial where the fans age while they sit through 1919 until 2004 was great. I just hope we don't have to wait that long for another title. I'm not getting any younger. :rolleyes:

Ali G
10-28-2004, 12:38 AM
That Nike commercial where the fans age while they sit through 1919 until 2004 was great. I just hope we don't have to wait that long for another title. I'm not getting any younger. :rolleyes:

That was on in the yankees and redsox game... Not to new.

Man, I wish I went to Boston tonight and watched at a bar... This is amazing. I've been lucky so far. My Pistons won, and the Red sox won, to bad Miami won't be joining (actually I'm a bigger Sox fan then Dolphin fan, but none the less).

Brsdd
10-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Congrats to the Sox for what??? Buying a championship?? Or having the biggest group of whiny fans in sports??

They have the second highest payroll in baseball. It's more than doubled that of half the teams in the league and 50 million more than their World Series opponent.

Despite being just as guilty as the Yankees for buying a championship, they cling on to this victim/cursed role, based on a trade that was made before any of them were born.

I will keep my TV off the next few days, cause if I have to be fed any more of this Red Sox bs, I will puke.

When the Phins win the Super Bowl again, it will be a much bigger accomplishment, cause it will come in a league where every team has an equal chance of putting a team together capable of winning it all.

Anton
10-28-2004, 05:13 AM
Congrats to the Sox for what??? Buying a championship?? Or having the biggest group of whiny fans in sports??

They have the second highest payroll in baseball. It's more than doubled that of half the teams in the league and 50 million more than their World Series opponent.

Despite being just as guilty as the Yankees for buying a championship, they cling on to this victim/cursed role, based on a trade that was made before any of them were born.

I will keep my TV off the next few days, cause if I have to be fed any more of this Red Sox bs, I will puke.

When the Phins win the Super Bowl again, it will be a much bigger accomplishment, cause it will come in a league where every team has an equal chance of putting a team together capable of winning it all.

Do you happen to live in New England like me? I hear you man, and I agree fully. Red Sox fans have to be the most annoying fans of any sport. The Yankees have 20 odd titles since 1918, the Red Sox have 1. Yet, the annoying Red Sox fans don't stop chanting Yankees suck. And you hit the payroll point dead on. I hear all the talk about Yankees having the biggest sallary, which is true. So by that logic the Sox should have at least half of the titles. Even in today's game, I could hear the chant of "Yankees suck" when Boston was playing the Cardinals. This **** has to stop.

Red Sox fans: You won finally, now get over it. Or better yet, follow a real sport.

nyjunc
10-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Our drought is 5 years longer so we are next :D That's the way it works, the yanks dominate the Sox for nearly a Century thent the Sox finally break thrugh and win so this year the Pats play the role of the yanks and we'll play the role of the Sox :D

nyjunc
10-28-2004, 05:39 AM
The Yankees have 20 odd titles since 1918, the Red Sox have 1.

inFINSible
10-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Brsdd.....Anton..... Eat it!

Sox win! Thhhhhhhheeeeeee Sox Win!!!

:nana: :roflmao:

Jimmy James
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Do you happen to live in New England like me? I hear you man, and I agree fully. Red Sox fans have to be the most annoying fans of any sport. The Yankees have 20 odd titles since 1918, the Red Sox have 1. Yet, the annoying Red Sox fans don't stop chanting Yankees suck. And you hit the payroll point dead on. I hear all the talk about Yankees having the biggest sallary, which is true. So by that logic the Sox should have at least half of the titles. Even in today's game, I could hear the chant of "Yankees suck" when Boston was playing the Cardinals. This **** has to stop.

Red Sox fans: You won finally, now get over it. Or better yet, follow a real sport.

Since the real spending started by the Sox, the score is Red Sox 1 World Series, Yankees 0 World Series. None of those screwheads George employs can hang with our man Theo!

We'll stop pointing out that (your?) Yankees suck when they stop outspending AND underperforming us.

Jimmy James
10-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Brsdd.....Anton..... Eat it!

Sox win! Thhhhhhhheeeeeee Sox Win!!!

:nana: :roflmao:

I hope they understand that their bile just makes this sweeter.

Actually, screw that -- nothing could possibly make this sweeter than just the fact that we won! I feel so happy for the hard core old timers who kept cheering even though they didn't know whether they would ever live to see this day. This has to be pure bliss for those men...

ltfinfan
10-28-2004, 11:20 AM
congrats boston you guys played great

Anton
10-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Since the real spending started by the Sox, the score is Red Sox 1 World Series, Yankees 0 World Series. None of those screwheads George employs can hang with our man Theo!

We'll stop pointing out that (your?) Yankees suck when they stop outspending AND underperforming us.

Actually no, you've always been a runner up in spending and only this year have you finally accomplished something. Yankees: 26 You:1. Clap clap.

This is the exact reason why I was rooting against the Sox(other than the fact theyre all patsie huggers). Sox fans dont shutup when they lose, and they sure as hell dont shutup when they win.

Few things wrong with your last sentence. It's not like Boston fans just recently started talking. They've BEEN talking for as long as I remember, when the Yankees were clearly outperforming them year after year. Screaming Yankees suck has its limits too. Would you go to a Dolphins-Chargers game and sit there for 3 hours screaming "JETS SUCK". No, you would look stupid. Just like Red Sox Fans.

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Do you happen to live in New England like me? .

I DO!!! :roflmao:

HAHAHAHAHA!! PANSY!!

Dont cry it will be OK :cry:

Anton
10-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Why would I cry? I don't even like baseball

Baseball= :sleep:

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Why would I cry? I don't even like baseball

Baseball= :sleep:

Then why post? Fool, this is a beaseball thread.

Anton
10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Then why post? Fool, this is a beaseball thread.

I dont' need to like baseball in order to talk some sense into morons such as yourself.

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I dont' need to like baseball in order to talk some sense into morons such as yourself.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Keep tryin chump, ya might get somewhere.. :cooldude:

Anton
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Yep, I can see that you have not come back with any arguments against my points. When you don't know the answer you just try to change the subject and/or post smileys :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: .

What's next, are you going to make fun of my spelling? :D

FIN-IN-RI
10-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Yep, I can see that you have not come back with any arguments against my points. When you don't know the answer you just try to change the subject and/or post smileys :cry: .

What's next, are you going to make fun of my spelling? :cry:

I dont give a **** about your "points", fool.

Heres a lopressor to keep your BP down. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Anton
10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
It's not that you don't care about them, it's simply the fact that you can't come up with an answer.

What's your next post?

YANKEES SUCK SUCKAAAAAA!!! ?

Jimmy James
10-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Actually no, you've always been a runner up in spending and only this year have you finally accomplished something. Yankees: 26 You:1. Clap clap.

Prove it, and we'll talk.

This is the exact reason why I was rooting against the Sox(other than the fact theyre all patsie huggers). Sox fans dont shutup when they lose, and they sure as hell dont shutup when they win.

We do it just to annoy you, man. :rolleyes2

Few things wrong with your last sentence. It's not like Boston fans just recently started talking. They've BEEN talking for as long as I remember, when the Yankees were clearly outperforming them year after year. Screaming Yankees suck has its limits too. Would you go to a Dolphins-Chargers game and sit there for 3 hours screaming "JETS SUCK". No, you would look stupid. Just like Red Sox Fans.

It doesn't take much to overperform when you're overspending. Like I said, when they stop OVERSPENDING AND UNDERPERFORMING. If they come off the money, then they do better we'll talk...

Anton
10-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Clearly, you are missing my point. The Red Sox have only 1 title and they are second(maybe 3rd) behind the Yankees sallary wise. Sounds like "OVERSPENDING and UNDERPERFORMING"

Note: I am not defending New York's blunder this season. I'm merely stating that Boston is guility of the same concept.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Red Sox fans have the biggest mouths yet are the biggest cowards. Trust me I know, their all talk. I've been to Fenway over and over again and when I say their all talk, I mean their all talk!!

Jimmy James
10-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Clearly, you are missing my point. The Red Sox have only 1 title and they are second(maybe 3rd) behind the Yankees sallary wise. Sounds like "OVERSPENDING and UNDERPERFORMING"

Note: I am not defending New York's blunder this season. I'm merely stating that Boston is guility of the same concept.

The difference is that Boston got serious about spending competitively only under John and Theo. In that era, we're up 1-0 even though we're still pretty significantly behind the Yankees in spending (though we are ahead of the rest of the majors).

Jimmy James
10-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Red Sox fans have the biggest mouths yet are the biggest cowards. Trust me I know, their all talk. I've been to Fenway over and over again and when I say their all talk, I mean their all talk!!

I see...you're one of the hooligan Yankees fans. Figures. :rolleyes2

There is a difference between being smart enough not to fight you and get ejected from a game and being cowards.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-28-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm not talking during the game, i'm talking outside after game 3 of the ALCS last year and if want to call me a hooligan Yankees fan, compliment accepted. I get my money's worth!!