PDA

View Full Version : You heard me..im starting Jay Fiedler

Phinfan31
10-28-2004, 12:46 AM
I dont know whats come over me but im starting Jay Fiedler in my fantasy league for week8. Brooks has a bye week and my options are Fiedler, Bledsoe, or Brunell. Bledsoe has the most points but threw 4 INT's last week....lol....I have Chambers/Mcmike on my roster so my best bet is to go with Jay and hope he has another week like last week...after this week I hope he does ****ty again and then ill drop him.

Smoke
10-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Not a good choice. When was the last time Fiedler had a game like last week (2td's no turnovers)? Now you're asking him to do it 2 weeks in a row? I hope he lights up the scoreboard all night but im not counting on it.

Finfan80
10-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Fiedler on your fantasy team? Is it the Elm Street Fantasy team??

PhenomenalPhin
10-28-2004, 01:07 AM
I would never pick up chambers, fiedler, or even mcmicheal for my fantasy team. Yea they play well sometimes , but just not good enough to rack up lots of fantasy points.

Rafiki
10-28-2004, 01:09 AM
McMichael is doing AWESOME for me.

And, I'd never start Fiedler. He has, like, two good games a year.

Finfan80
10-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Plus, Fiedler always has one good game a year: vs. Denver, or Dallas, or St Louis this year, he's had it, he's finished now.
I give him props for his effort, but watching the game over: if a few things had broken the other way he would have had a mediocre effort at best. A few passes could have/should have been picked off; some of the incompletions he threw towards wide-open receivers were wildly off; if Martz hadn't made some bone-headed defensive calls, take back one of our touchdowns; and if Konrad hadn't drawn that late hit that allowed us a few more yards and continued one of our drives, we would have punted.
Love the effort Jay put in, but let's not put him in the Hall of Fame!

Bobby Humphrey
10-28-2004, 01:59 AM
start em bro and enjoy the 3 td game.

Scrap
10-28-2004, 02:39 AM
start em bro and enjoy the 3 td game.I hope he doesn't throw those to the Jets.

DolfanISS
10-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Not picking up McMichael is nuts as TE is such a crapshoot anyways.

Regan21286
10-28-2004, 03:36 AM
wow, i only have chambers as backup and mcmike as starter. putting in fiedler in my league is equivalent to fantasy suicide. at least griese makes a decent FA reserve QB.

Javadidly
10-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Don't pick up McMichael in fantasy? Are you kidding? He is one of the best tight ends.

I also watched the replay of the game and there was only one pass that had even a remote chance of being picked off. You say some of the incompletions he threw were wildly off? He had 4 incompletions, only one of which was wildly off because of miscommunication. Another was uncatchable but not wildly off. Every quarterback in every game makes bad passes. You look way too much into the negatives. What about the Rams drive when they picked up a first down on a defensive holding penalty that never really happened? A drive in which they ended up scoring. Why didn't you mention that? They should have punted there and it would have given the Dolphins good field position and I think they would have scored a touchdown. So take away 7 points from the Rams and add 7 points to the Dolphins. The way I see it, the Dolphins should have won 38-7. You can say ifs about a lot of things.

Also, I am starting Fiedler on my fantsy team this week too. Very deep league and Bulger has a bye.

CanadaPhinsFan
10-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Plus, Fiedler always has one good game a year: vs. Denver, or Dallas, or St Louis this year, he's had it, he's finished now.
I give him props for his effort, but watching the game over: if a few things had broken the other way he would have had a mediocre effort at best. A few passes could have/should have been picked off; some of the incompletions he threw towards wide-open receivers were wildly off; if Martz hadn't made some bone-headed defensive calls, take back one of our touchdowns; and if Konrad hadn't drawn that late hit that allowed us a few more yards and continued one of our drives, we would have punted.
Love the effort Jay put in, but let's not put him in the Hall of Fame!
That's a whole bunch of ifs and if means it didn't happen. Every QB makes at least one throw a game that could be picked off. The guy had a great game and I hope he can keep doing it. Although history tells us it's not likely.

kbeath
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Does everyones Fantasy Team stink I have Dante C. My team would beat all of yours on Culpepper VS Fiedler alone!!!!!!!

FinFan Brazil
10-28-2004, 10:31 AM
I dont know whats come over me but im starting Jay Fiedler in my fantasy league for week8. Brooks has a bye week and my options are Fiedler, Bledsoe, or Brunell. Bledsoe has the most points but threw 4 INT's last week....lol....I have Chambers/Mcmike on my roster so my best bet is to go with Jay and hope he has another week like last week...after this week I hope he does ****ty again and then ill drop him.

LOL, that´s crazy...

I have Brooks and Fiedler in my fantasy too... wow.... Fiedler will be the starter this week.

Good Bless us... lol

Jwcolour
10-28-2004, 10:35 AM
You guys starting Jay are nuts. Hope it works out though.

Dolphin1184
10-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I would never pick up chambers, fiedler, or even mcmicheal for my fantasy team. Yea they play well sometimes , but just not good enough to rack up lots of fantasy points.
Actually Believe it or not Chambers has been solid Fantasy-wise this year. I made a big mistake not starting him last week. I refuse to do the same again.