PDA

View Full Version : Nate Newton gets 30 months

Jaydog57
08-14-2002, 06:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020814/ap-newtonsentencing.html

I'm laughing cause it's an ex-Cowboy, but still sucks cause it's another space in prison that a child rapist or murderer could be occupying. You know, somebody that really hurts people.:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
08-14-2002, 06:31 PM
All he did was smoke pot. A lot of it. He dealt some too. It is just pot, its not killing people. This is a waste of a jailcell that could be used for someone that is hurting people.

Jaydog57
08-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
All he did was smoke pot. A lot of it. He dealt some too. It is just pot, its not killing people. This is a waste of a jailcell that could be used for someone that is hurting people. Dude, you hit the nail right on the head....:rocker:

ohall
08-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57

I'm laughing cause it's an ex-Cowboy, but still sucks cause it's another space in prison that a child rapist or murderer could be occupying. You know, somebody that really hurts people.:rolleyes:

baccarat
08-14-2002, 11:03 PM
This guy had to be a dealer. I mean, 175 lbs?!!! This guy deserves time in jail.

iceblizzard69
08-15-2002, 09:01 AM
It's just pot. It isn't heroin or cocaine.

dolfan06
08-16-2002, 01:41 AM
its just pot huh? "but officer i was only going a hundred mph to burn the gunk out" lets legalize everything, then we can be another 3rd world country too!

iceblizzard69
08-16-2002, 08:57 AM
You can smoke weed in the Neatherlands and they are certainly a first world country. In fact, they have less poverty then we do. If someone wants to light up, they should be allowed to light up. I don't do it and I don't want to but its not killing anyone. In fact, unlike alcohol, it doesn't make people get really angry and start bar fights.

dolphan39
08-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Jaydog57

I'm laughing cause it's an ex-Cowboy, but still sucks cause it's another space in prison that a child rapist or murderer could be occupying. You know, somebody that really hurts people.:rolleyes: not that a child rapist or murderer should spend much time in prison, they should go straight to the chamber :evil:

30 months is a lot, but seems to me that the law has gotten pretty tough lately and guys with lots less than that go to jail.

baccarat
08-16-2002, 08:35 PM
You can smoke weed in the Neatherlands and they are certainly a first world country. In fact, they have less poverty then we do. If someone wants to light up, they should be allowed to light up. I don't do it and I don't want to but its not killing anyone. In fact, unlike alcohol, it doesn't make people get really angry and start bar fights.

First, Holland has only 15 million people. I would expect them to have less poverty. Comparing the U.S. to Holland is like comparing the Soviet Union of 80's to Krokatoa. Obviously, one country is a super power and ones a small country that plays a small role in the World.

Weed does intoxicate, just like alcohol. A lot of people get killed while intoxicated by weed and driving. Also, like alcohol, a lot of domestic abuse comes from the use of weed.

iceblizzard69
08-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Actually, a lot more domestic abuse is from alcohol. Weed usually makes people really melow, and it is a lot easier to die from alcohol poisoning then it is from smoking weed.

dolphan39
08-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Weed usually makes people really melow, and it is a lot easier to die from alcohol poisoning then it is from smoking weed. I can attest to that. I felt like I was going to die from drinking too much many times, but never from (alledgedly ;) ) smoking too much (back in my crazy youth :goof: ). While smoking ganga never caused you specifically to be impaired from driving well if it was something that you did often, it could mess w/your concentration; unlikely drinking where you could plain black or pass out.

Legally speaking, there are both equally illegal to do while driving.