PDA

View Full Version : The OC

iceblizzard69
11-01-2004, 10:30 AM
The new season of The OC starts Thursday at 8 PM EST!!! Is anyone else looking forward to seeing TV's best show come back for a second season?

Jimmy James
11-01-2004, 10:34 AM
TV's best show is The Shield, but I'm happy to have The OC back even if Adam Brody was better on Gilmore Girls as Dave Ragone than he is as Seth Cohen here.

The adults on this show are what makes it good. I could slap that whiny Marissa, and Ryan isn't far behind her...

It'll Happen11
11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
have you seen laguna beach on MTV?..its supposed to be the "real o.c"...im having a hard time deciding whether its scripted or not

iceblizzard69
11-01-2004, 12:41 PM
have you seen laguna beach on MTV?..its supposed to be the "real o.c"...im having a hard time deciding whether its scripted or not

Laguna Beach is supposed to be a "reality" show. Whatever it is the show is absolutely terrible. It doesn't stop me from watching it though. :(

iceblizzard69
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
TV's best show is The Shield, but I'm happy to have The OC back even if Adam Brody was better on Gilmore Girls as Dave Ragone than he is as Seth Cohen here.

The adults on this show are what makes it good. I could slap that whiny Marissa, and Ryan isn't far behind her...

I never watched the Gilmore Girls so I would never know, but I think Adam Brody is pretty good on The OC. Rachel Bilson's character (Summer) isn't bad either. I think they are way better than Marissa and Ryan.

I don't think Mischa Barton should get all of the attention that she gets. Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson deserve it way more, although it isn't like they don't get any attention at all, but Mischa (Marissa) is really overrated.

Noodle Arm
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think Mischa Barton should get all of the attention that she gets.... but Mischa (Marissa) is really overrated.

And nowhere near as attractive as the "media" makes her out to be. She has one of those "old faces" which makes her look older than she really is (18). I'm scared to know what she'll look like when she's 30!!

Also I hate the fact that Phantom Planet's "California" (one of the best pop songs in the last 5 years) will be forever immortalized as "that song from the O.C." :fire:

!PapaCrunk81!
11-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Ah fellow OC fans. I've yet to pick up the season one DVD, but I will soon. 5 reasons to watch The OC
1.Summer
2.Rachel Bilson
3.Summer
4.Summer
5.Rachel Bilson
:):):):):)

Jimmy James
11-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Ah fellow OC fans. I've yet to pick up the season one DVD, but I will soon. 5 reasons to watch The OC
1.Summer
2.Rachel Bilson
3.Summer
4.Summer
5.Rachel Bilson
:):):):):)

You can say that again, man. :D

Jimmy James
11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
I never watched the Gilmore Girls so I would never know, but I think Adam Brody is pretty good on The OC. Rachel Bilson's character (Summer) isn't bad either. I think they are way better than Marissa and Ryan.

I agree about Bilson. She is quite easy on the eyes, too. As far as Gilmore Girls goes, give it a try when you see it on the WB or ABC Family (every day at 5, I think). It's damned funny, and the women are hottttttt. :)

I don't think Mischa Barton should get all of the attention that she gets. Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson deserve it way more, although it isn't like they don't get any attention at all, but Mischa (Marissa) is really overrated.

Yep. Every soap ends up losing characters, and I hope that if any of the talent throws a fit and ends up getting written out, it's Mischa...

Martel
11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
I saw Rachel Bilson at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago and she is FLY. She was with that herb from her show though. F that guy.

Muck
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah, Summer is definitely hott. She's got that sexy quality about her that's oh so good. :cool:

Ryan has little personality and Mischa Barton are sooo overrated. She doesn't do it for me. And her character is kinda, meh. Compared to the other two anyway.

Adam Brody has that speech impediment that people seem to love, but kinda annoys me personally. Not too much though. He's pretty good on the show.

But I agree, the adults make that show good. The kids are still good. Just playing characters.

As for the rest......

I think "Big Brat" was a way better song......The Shield, NYPD Blue, and Boston Legal are some of the best shows out right now. Even that Desperate Housewives show is pretty good too. Breaking out the new DVR tomorrow (got it for tonight's game, but the ****ers dropped (and broke) my remote and didn't tell me :fire: ).

Rebar71
11-05-2004, 03:24 PM
The new season of The OC starts Thursday at 8 PM EST!!! Is anyone else looking forward to seeing TV's best show come back for a second season?
NO

I live there - I don't have to watch it on TV.

Philter25
11-05-2004, 05:19 PM
I would rather watch north shore

Brooke Burns and the other chicks on the north shore are 10X hotter than anything on the OC.

tehMick
11-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Actually, the best show on TV is Arrested Development.
Hands down.
There is no contest.
The "Hermano" episode had me in tears.
:roflmao:

Noodle Arm
11-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Actually, the best show on TV is Arrested Development.
Hands down.
There is no contest.
The "Hermano" episode had me in tears.

"Herrrmaannoooooo!!" :D I agree...great show. So is LOST.

tehMick
11-05-2004, 06:38 PM
"Where is Hermano?"
--"Mi Hermano? El esta ahi!"
"Where? Hes over there?!"
--"Si"
"This Hermano guy is going down!"
"Hey you Hermano?!"
--"Mi hermano" Esta ahi!"
"Oh, you tricky son of a b*tch!"

Muck
11-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Arrested Development is great. That show is damn hilarious.

fins
11-08-2004, 05:21 PM
This thread has no place on this site, I'm embarrassed for you all. :roflmao:

iceblizzard69
11-08-2004, 06:38 PM
This thread has no place on this site, I'm embarrassed for you all. :roflmao:

I know you secretly watch it. ;)

The first episode was ok, but the show is definitely going to heat up this week. North Shore was awesome right after it, but it isn't as good a show.