PDA

View Full Version : Sprewell wants trade if no deal is reached

BAMAPHIN 22
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Latrell Sprewell (http://fantasybasketball.usatoday.com/index.php?sport=pbkball&hssport=&type=profile&name=275) says he'll ask to be traded if the Minnesota Timberwolves don't sign him to a contract extension by Wednesday night's opener.

"I think this thing is heading towards me leaving, personally," Sprewell told reporters after practice Sunday.

Earlier this preseason, Sprewell said he wanted a contract extension by the Wolves' Nov. 3 opener against the New York Knicks, or he would ask for a sign-and-trade deal or wait to become a free agent. Either way, Sprewell said he didn't want to negotiate during the season.

But he took a tougher stance Sunday.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/twolves/2004-11-01-sprewell-ultimatum_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Jimmy James
11-01-2004, 06:10 PM
You don't wanna piss Spree off...he's the biggest choke artist in the league!

Al13
11-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Another Article about his trade demands here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1913858)

this guy must be stoned or something, look what his "reasons" are why he wants to get paid...

Asked if he would play out the season and test the free-agent market, Sprewell said: "Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen."

how long does he play in the nba now ? 11 years ? and he wants us all to feel bad for him , because he needs to feed his family ? he made dozens of millions dollars, i´m pretty sure if he wouldn´t get one penny the rest of his life, he would still be able to FEED his family, poor spree he made more money in his life, then most of us will ever see, what a moron....

Samphin
11-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Another Article about his trade demands here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1913858)

this guy must be stoned or something, look what his "reasons" are why he wants to get paid...

Asked if he would play out the season and test the free-agent market, Sprewell said: "Why would I want to help them win a title? They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen."

how long does he play in the nba now ? 11 years ? and he wants us all to feel bad for him , because he needs to feed his family ? he made dozens of millions dollars, i´m pretty sure if he wouldn´t get one penny the rest of his life, he would still be able to FEED his family, poor spree he made more money in his life, then most of us will ever see, what a moron....

I never liked that reason for more money. I mean, I grew up in a house where money was tight ( not poor by any means but definately a limited budget ) yet I had dinner every night. Athletes just make themselves look foolish with that comment. Personally, I would have more respect for them if they just came out and said, I want more money, or I feel I am worth more, than that garbage family feeding line.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Spree's worth the money!

Without Spree - 7 straight (give it or take, not positive on that) first round exits
With Spree - Making it to the conference championship and arguably the favorites to win it all this year!

This decision should not be hard!

Prime Time
11-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Sprewell was essential to Minnesota's playoff run last season. If he is not there...Minneosta loses a POWERFUL weapon..IMHO.

Bodzilla29
11-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Sprewell is 34 years old and should consider himself LUCKY to make what he makes. He is nowhere near a Max player. He is good, but not $14m good.

NinersSBChamps
11-06-2004, 03:13 PM
**** the Wolves...

Fresh
11-06-2004, 11:51 PM
You don't wanna piss Spree off...he's the biggest choke artist in the league!

^Classic. :roflmao:

For those of you who don't know what he's referring to, he's talking about Spree choking his coach at GS.

But Spree is an idiot for wanting a contract extension. The guy's 33-34 years old and he's looking for an extension?