PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's hammy a concern

BAMAPHIN 22
11-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Shaquille O'Neal (http://fantasybasketball.usatoday.com/index.php?sport=pbkball&hssport=&type=profile&name=422) missed most of Miami Heat's practice Monday because of a strained left hamstring, sparking concerns that the 11-time All-Star center may not be ready for Wednesday's season opener at New Jersey.

O'Neal missed three preseason games because of the injury, and sat out practices on Friday and Saturday. The Heat did not practice Sunday, and O'Neal was expected to be ready for Monday's workout.

Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said O'Neal participated in some defensive drills, but wasn't on the floor for 5-on-5 work.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2004-11-01-campline_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

Samphin
11-02-2004, 01:42 AM
I told all of you Heat fans. Shaq will miss time due to "nagging" injuries all year long. I think he makes the opener though. If for no other reason than it is a new team and on national TV. He starts the opener and sits out the next game I bet.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
I told all of you Heat fans. Shaq will miss time due to "nagging" injuries all year long. I think he makes the opener though. If for no other reason than it is a new team and on national TV. He starts the opener and sits out the next game I bet.
For the sake of the team I think shaq would not miss the opener.. I hope he does not aggravate his hamms to much.. This is a long season and need him healthy..

Samphin
11-02-2004, 04:39 PM
For the sake of the team I think shaq would not miss the opener.. I hope he does not aggravate his hamms to much.. This is a long season and need him healthy..

Everyone feels that he will put up some tremendous numbers this year, much more dominant than the past few years in L.A. ( a team I absolutely adore ). While I think he will definately try to "prove" something, especially on national televised games, but I think he won't run roughshod like people think either.

Shaq recognizes that the real season starts after the first of the year. That is how he always played with the Lakers and I am sure he will play that way with the Heat as well. I like Shaq, like what he did for my Laker team and wish him the best. However, getting Shaq means you also give up anywhere to 10-25 games a year due to nagging injuries. That is just how it goes with him.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Shaq will be fine! The Heat will easily win their division!!

Fresh
11-06-2004, 11:57 PM
O'Neal's hammy has limited him. It's obvious that he isn't even 75% at this point, but he's still out there contributing.

I cannot wait for Shaq to reach 90%(LOL, according to him, he's never played at 100% in his life!). This team will be even better, as he's a 25+/12+ guy in the East.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Shaq is a 25 12 guys in the East, West, North and South. That boy wasn't stopped in the West and he sure as hell will not be stopped in the East!