PDA

View Full Version : Jet Man

SeattleDolfan
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know why we have to see a close up of the same lantern-jawed, steely-eyed jet fan during every nationally televised game? He looks like a fireman with a hardhat on. Who is this clown - - Jet Man? Am I the only one who notices this jackass? Every game the camera catches him turning to look at the crowd, then turning back toward the game with the look of a proud father . . . I wanta puke!!!

Phin-o-rama
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
they all look the same to me :cooldude:

Finsfan13
11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
:jetssuck: Fireman Ed -

I frickin' hate it too. Makes me want to turn the TV off.

PhinzPhanatic
11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
That's Fireman Ed and he's been there for years. He's a lot better than Dolfan Denny.

FinsFan74
11-01-2004, 11:41 PM
That's Fireman Ed and he's been there for years. He's a lot better than Dolfan Denny.Sellout....*sigh* He probably got his influence from people like Dolfan Denny

SeattleDolfan
11-01-2004, 11:42 PM
'Dolfan Denny?' Please school me on this one 'cuz I don't remember what he looks like.

Finsfan13
11-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Dolfan Denny was the fat, old, bald, cowboy dressed in Dolphin clothes that roamed the sidelines until (1999?).....

SeattleDolfan
11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Glad I missed that one. :)

Muck
11-01-2004, 11:59 PM
www.firemaned.com

SeattleDolfan
11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
www.firemaned (http://www.firemaned)? Good Lord, the end must be near. . . . .

John Biello
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
thats my goal in life, except not to be a lame *** tool like the jets fan version

fish fan 4 life
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know why we have to see a close up of the same lantern-jawed, steely-eyed jet fan during every nationally televised game? He looks like a fireman with a hardhat on. Who is this clown - - Jet Man? Am I the only one who notices this jackass? Every game the camera catches him turning to look at the crowd, then turning back toward the game with the look of a proud father . . . I wanta puke!!!:sidelol:

cnc66
06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
ARRRRRRRGGGGGG ! Jet junk in the Miami Dophins forum get this crap outa here !!!!!!

WatCanBrownDo4U
06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
def...

Tru Balla
06-04-2006, 09:25 PM
ARRRRRRRGGGGGG ! Jet junk in the Miami Dophins forum get this crap outa here !!!!!!Cosign

Mike13
06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Big Poppa Pump is better than Fagman Ed.

BwanaZulia
06-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Who is Fireman Ed?

- A real fireman and Jets fan
- A guy who loves the Jets and does charity work
- A fan who is in the spotlight because he helps lead the Jets chant at the games

He is also one of the best known fans and a great guy.

BZ

dol_fan_81
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Who is Fireman Ed?

- A fan who is in the spotlight because he helps lead the Jets chant at the games

BZ

sounds like a good guy, but he looks rediculous, lets be honest

Phin-o-rama
06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Who is Fireman Ed?

BZ

so he's the one responsible for making all the jets fans sound like ******s?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

ganooch
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
let me tell you something. As a season ticket holder, I see and hear a lot of fans at the game and there are PLENTY of fans who can't stand Fireman Ed. THere are groups of people, most notably FDNY firemen who yell and call him a sell out whenever he leads his J-E-T-S chant. Me, I could take him or leave him but I do not like the fact that he is the annointed face of a New York Jets fan.

BwanaZulia
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
so he's the one responsible for making all the jets fans sound like ******s?

Yeah, but when we are down in Miami, we do without him.

BZ

Smizzy
06-15-2006, 03:01 AM
He looks stupid because he's in a firemans hat? You guys are pathetic.

nyjunc
06-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Who is Fireman Ed?

BZ

I like what he dos and I respect his profession BUT I have a problem b/c he's liar. During our '98 run when he was all over the place he as interviewed and said he went to every game during the bad years in the 90s and unless he was sitting in a luxury box(which I do't think was the case) then he was lying b/c I was at every one of those games and there weren't chants and I would look to see if he was there and alot of times he was not. That lying bothers me but I do appreciate what he tries to do although he does tend to lead the chant at bad times during games.

BwanaZulia
06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
I like what he dos and I respect his profession BUT I have a problem b/c he's liar. During our '98 run when he was all over the place he as interviewed and said he went to every game during the bad years in the 90s and unless he was sitting in a luxury box(which I do't think was the case) then he was lying b/c I was at every one of those games and there weren't chants and I would look to see if he was there and alot of times he was not. That lying bothers me but I do appreciate what he tries to do although he does tend to lead the chant at bad times during games.

Is it possible that he was there, but just not doing the chant?

BZ

nyjunc
06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Is it possible that he was there, but just not doing the chant?

BZ

I have been to every game since 1990 but I haven't had real season tickets since '96 so I sat all over the place during the bad years and I sat near him a few times so I would check to see if he was there and starting a chant. If he was there he wasn't sitting in his normal seats but I doubt he was sitting somewhere else.

Roman529
06-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Ed won't have much to cheer about this year....or many years thereafter. :lol:

Mike13
06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
I like what he dos

Well he's not doing a good job teaching you guys if you still can't spell 4 letter words.:lol:

j/k

MassMiamiFan
06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
That guy is not so bad........

Dolfan81
06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
the bills have sum1 like that 2, there called the bills brothers, there friends of my dad and sum1 he works wit

JetsFanInSec124
06-25-2006, 11:24 PM
He's a real fireman in NYC. He is bashed by many for starting the chants sometimes while the team is on the huddle on offense or at the line of scrimmage but really that happens only once in a while and that's because the people don't STFU in time.

I've heard all kinds of rumors about Ed but I've met him and he's not that bad of a guy and as a little kid he was my Jet-fan idle. In 98, I was 10 and I got the Jets HardHat because Fireman Ed was doing the chants and I wanted to be just like him. Needless to say I was one of the first after Ed with the new logo hard hat and a lot of people asked me where to go and now there's tons so I like to consider myself along with Ed as the transetters since 98.:cooldude:

nyjunc
06-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Needless to say I was one of the first after Ed with the new logo hard hat and a lot of people asked me where to go and now there's tons so I like to consider myself along with Ed as the transetters since 98

They sold those logo hardhats LONG before 1998.

cnc66
06-26-2006, 07:39 AM
yea, the Village People were wearing them LONG before you 124...

BwanaZulia
06-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Most fans who bash Ed, are just jealous.

He is a loyal fan, has his opinions and is a good face for the Jet fan.

BZ

nyjunc
06-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Most fans who bash Ed, are just jealous.

He is a loyal fan, has his opinions and is a good face for the Jet fan.

BZ

I bash him and I'm not jealous. I appreciate what he tries to do he just doesn't know when to do it most times. My annoyance w/ him comes from him lying. While I actually was at every one of those gams in the mid 90s I hate when people try to say they were there too when they weren't..

BwanaZulia
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I bash him and I'm not jealous. I appreciate what he tries to do he just doesn't know when to do it most times. My annoyance w/ him comes from him lying. While I actually was at every one of those gams in the mid 90s I hate when people try to say they were there too when they weren't..

He obviosly is not trying to do it during an actual play, just hard to get started and time it right.

I don't know about the lying. I didn't hear him say it and I wasn't there to catch him in the lie if he did.

End of the day, he is a loyal fan, does good by the team and gives the Jets fans a face and something the other teams HATE. :)

BZ

nyjunc
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
He obviosly is not trying to do it during an actual play, just hard to get started and time it right.

I don't know about the lying. I didn't hear him say it and I wasn't there to catch him in the lie if he did.

End of the day, he is a loyal fan, does good by the team and gives the Jets fans a face and something the other teams HATE. :)

BZ

He does it too much when we are on offense so he kaes it hard for our QBs to hear and whenever we are on defense he starts the stupid "Dee-fense! Dee-Fense!" chant. That doesn't bother opponents at all, just pure noise can bother opponents but fans get too caught up in waiting for him to get them started and he doesn't know when or how to do it.

JetsFanInSec124
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
They sold those logo hardhats LONG before 1998.

Not with the new logo.

Read before replying.

nyjunc
06-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Not with the new logo.

Read before replying.

we changed logos in 1998, of course that would be the first year w/ those logo hardhats but people were wearing those things for a long time. On an NFL films 1981 Jets yearbook they show fans w/ hard hats(not the NFL licensed ones but I guess reall ones painted green w/ Jet player #s on them) so it's not a new thing. I was one of the first people to get a new Jets jersey in 1998 I don't believe I started a trend. People were obviously going to buy them whether I did or not just like the hard hats.

shanem8481
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Big Poppa Pump is better than Fagman Ed.o yea... but there is another dolfan is always running around wearing the dolphins cape and always holding signs