PDA

View Full Version : Heat fans what would you think of this?

TerryTate
11-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Zo wants out of New Jersey...he was under the impression at the time of his signing that he would be playing for a CONTENDER. New Jersey is now a bottom-feeder. He is willing to take a massive paycut, and guess what team's name has come up????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1917166

Nets brass wants no part of dealing Zo. Even though this Zo is not the same as the late 90s Zo, wouldn't you want Mourning in the 4 spot? How amazing would that be?

nick1
11-05-2004, 11:40 PM
I would welcome him if he was willing to be a back-up but of course he would play but just not as much as a starter would

DolphinDevil28
11-06-2004, 02:55 AM
I would love if the Magic got him!

R_t_Kraken
11-06-2004, 03:38 AM
Hellz yes... Bring back Mourning!

nick1
11-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Magic and Heat are 2-0 and since I'm not that big of an NBA fan I can be a fan of both teams

FIN-IN-RI
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
come to boston zo! you will start!

Pink_Dove
11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Why would the Heat want to disrupt team chemistry with bringing Zo in...
I've lost all respect I had for him..Wants the Nets to trade him because he wants to play for a contender ? Why don't you try making the Nets a contender before throwing the towel in ? Stop thinking about yourself and play for the team Alonzo...

Jimmy James
11-06-2004, 01:54 PM
I don't blame Mourning -- the Nets sold out their team and fans after Mourning was signed.

In a way, I'd like to see him get to the 10 games that mean they can't take his salary off the cap and then weigh them down for years to come if they won't be reasonable with him.

iceblizzard69
11-06-2004, 07:00 PM
I've lost all respect I had for him..Wants the Nets to trade him because he wants to play for a contender ? Why don't you try making the Nets a contender before throwing the towel in ? Stop thinking about yourself and play for the team Alonzo...

The Nets ownership threw in the towel. They were bought by this guy whose one mission is to move the team. He doesn't care at all about the current team and let Kenyon Martin go because he doesn't want to pay anyone. Zo has a good reason to want out. The team is not committed to winning.

TerryTate
11-06-2004, 11:02 PM
HEY HEAT, YOU'RE THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN FLORIDA NOW.

Sorry, but :lol: :lol:

Magic fans get 2 wins on buzzer beaters and think they are hot stuff....

Wait until you play Flash and Diesel :roflmao:

TerryTate
11-06-2004, 11:04 PM
:lol: you guys also lost to the Bobcats?!!! :roflmao:

Fresh
11-06-2004, 11:42 PM
I would love if the Magic got him!

Zo wants to go to a contender. No offense, but that would take the Magic out of the runnings.

I would welcome Zo without a doubt. Some Heat fans seem to think his skip for money and a championship(NJ was a contender) last year was disloyal, but in all seriousness, it wasn't. He was 32-years old and without a ring. He did what he had to do, and he didn't b*tch about it, he was a free agent.

Doleac is a decent backup center, but having Zo around for 10-15 minutes would be great. If Shaq goes down, guess who becomes Doleac's backup center? Yup, you got it...Wang ZhiZhi. Zo would bring a lot of value to this team, and could probably play some 4 as well.

I always thought we should've signed Marcus Fizer, but the Bucks signed him after giving up on Marcus Haislip(can't blame them there). Eddie Robinson will be in for a workout next week, and the man has crazy athletic ability, a nice mid-range shot, and long arms. He'd be a good guy to come off the bench for Jones or Butler, especially when Person doesn't match up well with whoever's in for the other team. We could use E-Rob's athletic ability.

I just hope they don't sign Bo Outlaw, who they're also interested in. Either way, this team WILL add 1-2 more players before December. I would absolutely love to release Wang & Beasely to add E-Rob & Zo.

Fresh
11-06-2004, 11:46 PM

Are you telling Zo to try the impossible? Once they lost K-Mart, they lost all their chances to contend. Trading Kittles didn't make things much better.

I mean seriously, is Zo suppose to take that team seriously? Ron Mercer the starting SG? Please.

Zo has plenty of heart and desire. He deserves to be in a situation like Sean Elliot was when he came back to the NBA.

Fresh
11-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Sorry, but :lol: :lol:

Magic fans get 2 wins on buzzer beaters and think they are hot stuff....

Wait until you play Flash and Diesel :roflmao:

You got that right.

Orlando has nothing on Miami. Hell, they have nothing on Washington. I can't stand when people overhype teams like Orlando. Sure, Grant Hill will probably get the comeback player of the year award. Sure, Dwight Howard will be a fine player. But seriously, Orlando is not a contender.

Wait until Etan Thomas and Kwame Brown comes back. That team is for real, and will finish 2nd in the division and wind up with the 5th or 6th seed.

Another thing, Orlando should've took Okafor. I saw that pick as a very similar pick to Detroit taking Darko over Melo. Orlando saw the potential Howard had and just couldn't shy away from it, although they should've. I like Howard and he will be a hell of a player, but I would've took Okafor.

Muck
11-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Jason Kidd wants out of New Jersey as well. The new owner is killing that franchise. Zo was sold something other than what he got. The owner pulled a bait-and-switch.

Well Zo wants his money back.

I'd love to have him back. He'd make our frontcourt pretty deep. Just as long as he and Shaq can co-exist.

"I don't think we're really allowed to talk about that, but it would be nice," O'Neal said. "I think on paper, if a person like that came here, we would really get it done."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-heatnote06nov06,0,117316.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Looks like Shaq has no problems with it. :)

I do think Zo needs to come off that $14 million figure. And I doubt that he really thinks he'll get it. Hopefully that's his first number. Judging by Rod Thorn's comments, I think this can get done. But Zo would have to come way down off that number.

CrunchTime
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
"I do think Zo needs to come off that $14 million figure. And I doubt that he really thinks he'll get it. Hopefully that's his first number. Judging by Rod Thorn's comments, I think this can get done. But Zo would have to come way down off that number."

I understand there are some outstanding financial considerations that still have not been settled from his previous stint with the Heat.That could be a problem that could be resolved with an overall new agreement.But dont you think the money he would be asking for would be better served in acquiring younger players with more potential for the future?

Prime Time
11-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Could you imagine this starting 5? Jones Wade Butler Zo and Shaq :eek: I know it would be hard to happen but imagine... I think that would pretty much make the conference between us and Detroit. What could we give up without giving up too much??

Pink_Dove
11-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Are you telling Zo to try the impossible? Once they lost K-Mart, they lost all their chances to contend. Trading Kittles didn't make things much better.

So now Zo can ask for a trade ? I still think the man is heads over heels with himself...Zo might contribute coming off the bench, but he seems to think he still is the man like he was in 2000...Not true...He's 4 yrs older and limited physically, averaged 8 points per game last year with Kidd giving him the rock...

Fresh
11-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Could you imagine this starting 5? Jones Wade Butler Zo and Shaq :eek: I know it would be hard to happen but imagine... I think that would pretty much make the conference between us and Detroit. What could we give up without giving up too much??

Haslem is beyond decent right now at the PF spot, there's no need to send him back to the bench. If Zo comes here, he'd be a 10-15 minute a night guy without question. He can't start....

Fresh
11-08-2004, 12:24 AM
So now Zo can ask for a trade ? I still think the man is heads over heels with himself...Zo might contribute coming off the bench, but he seems to think he still is the man like he was in 2000...Not true...He's 4 yrs older and limited physically, averaged 8 points per game last year with Kidd giving him the rock...

If it comes down to Zo asking for a trade, Miami is no longer a candidate. We don't have anybody who matches up salary-wise.

Prime Time
11-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Haslem has been playing very well. Blue collared to the max. He is impressing me with his style of play.